[F3-PP] A Necklace for m'lady <<Search for the Hoya>> (Vargas, Atzo) {Complete}

Atzo sat down with his back against the labyrinth wall, facing the Temple. Vargas had a good question, he wasn’t sure what to do. Analysis was what he did best. “I think we should split them up and take them on one each. If I finish first I will assist you, if you finish first then you assist me. Does that sound fair to you?” It seemed like a good idea to him, though he had a good feeling that Vargas would be finished much before he was. It was going to be quick regardless. “So, about that guild. I have a much more powerful offer for you. I need a new High Council member, I would appreciate it if you would take the vacant position. You have more than proven that you are able to handle your own and with your willingness to help new players, I would welcome you to my team with open arms.”

@Vargas

Vargas leaned against the labyrinth wall as Atzo sat down and looked down at him. "That would reduce some of the workload and it would keep focus on us individually instead of both of us having the potential case of being attack by both at any one time," Vargas responded as he considered the plausibility and actions that might be taken. His thoughts were interrupted though as Atzo continued on. "You want me to replace a High Council member for your guild? I assume that's a high ranking position so why would you want me when you've hardly known me?" Vargas asked. When Atzo said that he'd already proven himself in his ability to handle himself and his willingness to assist other players he nodded his head. "Perhaps. The idea of joining doesn't sound too bad. It might give me more to do," he answered in response. It would allow him to call on others when he needed help and give him a decent position to keep track of the activity of other players. "For now, let's take care of those minotaurs first."

Edited by Vargas

Vargas was right, they needed to focus on this first. The minotaurs seemed to be staring off in the distance, though Atzo could hear them huff from time to time. Every time they did his ear twitched. It was getting annoying. Atzo stood up and checked his stats. Everything was back up to full. Removing Misguidance from his waist he observed the blade. He first looked at the edge of the blade then the flat mirror that was on both sides of the blade. He was sure that Vargas could see into it as well, though Atzo couldn’t see Vargas’ demons and Vargas couldn’t see Atzo’s. Atzo had a feeling Vargas would still look. Atzo saw his father instead of Vargas in the blade. The angry figure was threatening him. Luckily Atzo could not hear his father's voice this time, though it seemed that when you saw people in the blade you were liable to hear them torment you as well.

@Vargas

Drawing his own blade in preparation, Vargas caught a glimpse of the flat of Atzo's Misguidance. The flat of the blade once again show like a mirror, but instead of showing a reflection of himself or Atzo, all Vargas saw was a pair of black, hollow eyes staring back at him with malice.

"Worthless."

Vargas blinked subtly as he heard that word resound in his head. Looking once again at the blade, all he saw was himself; no black eyes staring back. Shaking it off his mind Vargas looked at his heads up display and saw that all of his stuff was back to normal and, thus, he was ready to go. "I guess I'll take that one while you take the other," Vargas said as he pointed to the Minotaur on the right and then on the left as he spoke. He doubted this would take long at all for them to complete so he wasn't too worried about it.

Atzo Nodded as he dropped the mirrored blade to his side. He then sprinted at top speed, roughly fifteen miles per hour, at the minotaur that he was going to fight. As he got close he activated his Cyclone Sword art, using the speed he started with to hit as hard as he could. Unfortunately as Shield has pointed out to him before, your real strength doesn't factor into damage, he would need charge to gain that benefit. Still he would do what he could to take this thing out. The barrage of slices on the minotaur made the beast stumble back. Complete shock on its face. “You never saw me coming did you?” Atzo taunted with a wolfish smirk as he jumped back. The beast gave a loud roar that could be heard echoing, though, Atzo stood unnerved. This was going to be a very quick fight, there was no doubt about that.

@Vargas

ID# 80813

Spoiler

Battle 5+2=7 (Hit) [DMG=5*4=20]

Mob 1 (Fail)

Stats

Spoiler

ATZO V. Minotaur
Atzo 220/220 HP | 18/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:1 (+1 LM)

Minotaur 25/45 HP | 30 DMG

Vargas V. Minotaur

Vargas 320/320 HP | 32/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:0

Minotaur 45/45 HP | 30 DMG

(OOC Vargas will control his own Minotaur)

Edited by Atzo

Vargas charged in behind Atzo as they crossed the distance to the temple. Atzo had gotten ahead of him and was already unleashing an attack upon the Minotaur on the left. His Cyclone sword art connected, cutting down the minotaur's health bar by a large chunk, almost fifty percent. As Atzo taunted the beast and it roared, Vargas's Minotaur drew it's Great Axe from it's back. "Hey meat-head, keep your eyes on me!" Vargas yelled as he slammed into the humanoid beast. The Minotaur was sent stumbling into the temple walls as it looked at its attacker. Vargas readied his blade and dashed at the mob, his lightning fall sword art ready. The Minotaur recovered though and stepped out of the way of Vargas's attack while swinging its axe around. Vargas used his momentum to leap into the air, using the wall as a spring board, and somersaulted over the mobs attack. "Nice try but I've got to make this quick."

ID #80818
BD: 3 (1 + 2)
MD: 2 (4 - 2)

ATZO V. Minotaur
Atzo 220/220 HP | 18/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:1 (+1 LM)
Minotaur 25/45 HP | 30 DMG
Vargas V. Minotaur
Vargas 320/320 HP | 32/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:0

@Atzo

Edited by Vargas

The Beats finally drew its battle ax. “Oh you are actually going to try and hit me are you?” Atzo said with a laugh “Well, go on, Let me see how you do” The Large ax was easy to predict. There were only so many strikes you could accomplish with an ax that size. Atzo took advantage of the miss and ran up the poll of the ax once again activating Cyclone, smashing the health of the minotaur into the red. “And I thought this was going to be a challenge.” Atzo laughed before looking over to see how Vargas was doing. It seemed that he was having the same luck attacking the minotaur as he had whilst attacking the lizard. “Hopefully it turns around for him” Atzo thought as he turned his attention back to his minotaur, he was going to try to finish off this one and join in the frey of Vargas once he could.

@Vargas

ID# 80831 

Spoiler

Battle 4+2+1=7 (Hit) [DMG=5*4=20]

Mob 5-3=2 (Miss)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo V. Minotaur
Atzo 220/220 HP | 18/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:2 (+1 LM)
Minotaur 5/45 HP | 30 DMG
Vargas V. Minotaur

Edited by Atzo

The Minotaur cleaved its axe through the air as aimed to split Vara in half. Vargas blocked the attack with his sword and stepped out of the way of its hit zone. He brought his blade up and activated his sword art once more before he pierced it though the beast's large torso. The Minotaur cried out as the blade ran through its chest and out its back. Instantly, its health dropped to the red, approximately the same level of health as Atzo's mob. Placing a foot on the Minotaur's knee, Vargas kicked off and pulled his blade out of its torso. "Seems you didn't like my little treat. Don't worry, it'll all be over for you soon," Vargas said, as he swung his blade around to rest at his hip. Without warning, the Minotaur ripped its axe back out of the ground and swung violently. Vargas backed up quickly but was still cut by the axe, leaving a mark across his breastplate. "Well damn. Seems you don't know when to just lay down and die," Vargas chuckled as he looked at the wound he'd just taken.

ID #80833
BD: 9 (7 + 2)
DMG: 5*8=40
MD: 8 (10 - 2)
DMG: 30+2=32

Atzo V. Minotaur
Atzo 220/220 HP | 18/22 EN | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Bleed | 5 Dmg | 1 Light Momentum | 1 Savvy | H:2 (+1 LM)
Vargas V. Minotaur
Vargas 306/320 HP | 24/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:1

@Atzo

Edited by Vargas

Atzo looked at the Vargas as he dropped his Minotaur’s health to the same level as Atzo’s. “Well” he said to himself “No use in standing by” He activated Blast his first rank sword art that did AOE. It was the only one he had that did AOE at the moment. With the two long slices the health bar of the two beasts dropped to zero and they cried out in anguish as they shattered into pieces. “I hope I didn't ruin your fun Vargas but I thought it would be best of me to just end it here. I believe we have reached an end of our quest for the day so I must ask. What is your decision? Will you take me up on my offer?” It was a question Atzo needed answered sooner rather than later. If he didn't have a full High Council then his guild would be lacking in leadership. Without good leadership they would get nowhere fast.

@Vargas

ID# 80834

Spoiler

Battle 6+2+1=9 (hit) [DMG=5*2=10 AOE]

Mob 4-3=1 (miss)

Stats

Spoiler

Vargas 306/320 HP | 24/32 En | 18 Mit | 2 Acc | 2 Eva | 1 LD | 4 Bleed | 5 Dmg | H:1

Minotaur 0/45 HP | 30 DMG (Dead)

Minotaur 0/45 HP | 30 DMG (Dead)

Edited by Atzo

Vargas looked at Atzo, noticing that he'd just slain both of their respective mobs. He raised his hand waved off Atzo's apology. "Don't worry about it. Better be done with the fight now rather than later. I can always make up for it by finding something with more of a challenge to it. Hell, going back and fighting that Monkey King on Floor 8 would probably be more fun honestly." Vargas responded as he thought about that quest. He'd gotten carried through the whole thing but it was definitely strong. Going back and testing his strength against it for himself would be a good experience. "As for your guild..." Vargas looked down with his arms crossed over his chest as he dropped back into thought. After a short while Vargas responded, "Yeah. I'll do it. It'll be good to get out the solo routine and having to find players to form parties with at random. Besides, it might help me later on."

“Indeed it will give you people to go to if you need to level up at all.” Atzo walked to the center of the temple and grabbed the Hoya off the pedestal. “Well, now that we are done, I will bid you adieu. Thank you very much for your help.” With that Atzo walked into the woods. He was going to teleport back to floor two at some point but thought he should enjoy the scenery at some point first. “I can wait to give this to Raina” He said to himself “I hope she likes it” It was something that he was proud to do. That alone was something he didn't normally think. He was rarely proud of people and much less was he ever proud of himself. His father taught him not to be. But still there he was. Proud, of something he had done. Proud of something he could do for Raina.

Summery

All - 3 SP | 200 Col

@Vargas - Rare Weapon | 480 Col

Atzo - Hoya of Minos