[F9 - SP] Mettle Against Metal <<The Iron Guardian>> [Completed]

Spoiler

ID# 80284 results:

Battle: 10 - Hit! 3 dmg + 2 + 3 alcoholic = 8 dmg, - Bleed

MOB: 8 + 3 = Hit! - 200 dmg - 111 dmg = 89 dmg, Thorns - 28 dmg

Craft: 5

Shield HP: 572/720 - 72 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns - 10 Battle Healing

<<Mysterious Broker>> HP: 45/150, Dmg: 200 Paralyze, MD of 9+, Battle Healing 50 - CD of 10+ - 24 Bleed, 1/2 remaining

With a roar, Shield's body regained its mobility, and he surged forward, the power of his lungs preceding him as his ribcage was finally able to power his lungs and vocal cords with enough ferocity to convey his rage. The broker turned around, fumbling to point the tip of his blade in the right direction, only to have his vision filled by the axe that buried itself between his eyes and the gushing fountain of pixels that erupted from around it.

Desperately, he struck out with the point of his dagger, and to his credit it did strike home, but only just accurately enough to damage himself on Shield's thorns while dealing minimal damage himself. All at once, the broker's health plummeted all the way through the yellow and just as it finally began to slow, it turned a bright, cherry red. Shield couldn't see the man's eyes, but the corners of his open mouth were contorted into an expression of abject terror.

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

ID# 80285 results:

Battle: 6 - Hit! 3 dmg + 3 alcoholic = 6 dmg

MOB: 2 + 3 = 5 - Miss

Craft: 11

Shield HP: 636/720 - 72 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns - 10 Battle Healing

<<Mysterious Broker>> HP: 65/150, Dmg: 200 Paralyze, MD of 9+, Battle Healing 50 - CD of 10+ - 24 Bleed, 0/2 remaining

With his blade still lodged in the broker's skull, he did not even bother to pull it free, instead choosing to simply rock it back and forth in the wound which continued to spurt red particles into the air. The broker stumbled back, clutching his face as he fell onto his backside. Desperately, he forced a deep breath, recovering his health, but between the extra little bit of damage from moving his axe and the ongoing bleed damage, the broker's health bar barely moved back into the yellow range.

He was scared, and Shield knew that with that poor attempt to heal, he will have lost his nerve. As the wound closed on the man's face, he channeled his fear into rage, forcing himself back onto his feet.

"You haven't won yet," he spluttered at Shield, waving his dagger in front of him to keep Shield at bay.

Slowly, Shield advanced.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 80286 results:

Battle: 6 - Hit! 3 dmg + 3 alcoholic = 6 dmg

MOB: 6  + 3 = 9 - Hit! - 200 dmg - 111 dmg = 89 dmg, Thorns - 28 dmg

Craft: 5

Shield HP: 557/720 - 72 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns - 10 Battle Healing

<<Mysterious Broker>> HP: 31/150, Dmg: 200 Paralyze, MD of 9+, Battle Healing 50 - CD of 10+

"Stay back!" he begged. "I-I'm warning you!"

"You've lost," Shield said, trying to convince him to back down. "If you just calm down, we can find a way to-"

Even before he could finish his sentence, the broker slashed with his weapon, a motion which Shield returned in kind. Both attacks struck, but between the fall of Shield's axe and the pricking of his thorns, the yellow health bar was taken even deeper into the red than before.

"You have to give up!" Shield growled. "I swear I don't want to hurt you any more than I already have!"

The broker stood, shaking his head, and Shield knew he wasn't listening. He was panicked, so near to death that he couldn't think straight. He wanted to search his inventory to find a healing crystal or a potion or something as a gesture of goodwill, but he couldn't afford to let his attention wane. All it would take is one more paralyzing strike, and Shield might not get another chance to defend himself.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

ID# 80287 results:

Battle: 9 - Hit! - 3 dmg + 1 + 3 alcoholic = 7 dmg, Bleed

Craft: 3

Shield HP: 557/720 - 72 Energy - 3 Dmg - 24 Bleed (BD 8+) - 111 Mitigation - 54 Regen - 28 Thorns - 10 Battle Healing

<<Mysterious Broker>> HP: 0/150, Dmg: 200 Paralyze, MD of 9+, Battle Healing 50 - CD of 10+ - 24 Bleed [DEAD]

"No!" sobbed the broker. "It's a trick! As soon as I turn my back, you'd just kill me! Well, you can't kill me if I kill you first!"

With that, he pulled his hand back to strike, but Shield was quicker. The blade of his axe bit into the man's chest, triggering a shower of red sparks that danced through the air as the broker's health dropped towards what Shield knew would be zero.

"I'm sorry," he said, his face, only moments before full of rage, now full of sorrow. "You didn't give me a choice. My daughters are more important than my life, so in my mind, it's not my life to lose. It's theirs."

The shock on the broker's face melted, as if he finally had clarity. His eyes rose to meet Shield's.

"Me too."

With that, the man shattered into the blue shards that denoted character death. He felt regret grip the pit of his stomach, twisting the sensitive organs mercilessly. Shield tilted his head up towards the overcast sky, the same pale blanket it had been since he arrived, and he let out the contents of his lungs, feeling the changing of the pressure inside of them, even though in reality, those were not truly his lungs he was feeling.

He turned to take one last look across the lava plains.

"I hate this floor."

With that, he turned and made his way the mere hundred feet he had been from the safe zone of the town of Vulcan.

[Quest Rewards]

3 SP (1 quest reward, 2 thread length)

800 Col (thread length)

6 Tier 1 Materials

<<Banner of Support>>

Edited by Shield