SP - F2 Clipped Wings and Crushed Stringers <<Return of the Queen>>

"So...I guess Avalanche wasn't the only field boss that got an upgrade."

It was only a few days after Calrex had completed the quest for the newly discovered ice construct when the info broker he was usually in contact with informed him of yet another revamped field boss, the Wasp Queen from the <<Long Live the Queen>> beginner-level quest had been upgraded as well. From what he had been told of scouts that went to survey the quest area, this particular one seemed devoid of an environmental effect, but had the requirement of defeating some of the queen's sentries beforehand.

"Well, at least it might turn out better than when I was frozen for so long against the other boss. Plus my speed armor array might actually be useful this time around, rather than just canceling out the environment effect."

Appearing on the second floor in the settlement of Urbus, the bluenette wasted no time heading for the gates leading out into the field zones, already prepared to take the quest on, "Let's do this."

Materializing not too long after him was Roc, his blue peregrine falcon familiar, who immediately soared after the Ultramarine Knight before moving upwards, barely avoiding hitting the walls of the castle city before heading over the top of the ramparts, following the now small blue speck. Entering into a hunting swoop the bird of prey quickly closed the gap between the two until Calrex's form was fully distinguishable once again, circling overhead.

"Alright, let's see if I can make this quick. Since I'll need to take out the sentries first, it may be better if I can engage most of them at once. That means I'll need a strong area of effect Sword Art. That means straight sword and Shadow Explosion. After that will be a single target, which means I'd best switch off to Martial Arts for high single-target damage. Ok..."

As Calrex strategized in his mind while walking towards the quest area, his right hand came up, beginning to quickly swipe through the menus in order to ready his gear. His avatar flashed white multiple times as his unequipped and equipped various pieces of weaponry, armor, and accessories before the bluenette began to go through his skill mods and battle-ready inventory.

Finalizing his setup the Ultramarine Knight gave a small sigh, reviewing what was visible. On his person was the Grand Blade II, his currently most powerful straight sword, which would be used for the opening attacks against the queen's protectors. Following that was his two accessories that served to boost his accuracy and evasion as high as he possibly could, the Amethyst Charm and Tide Pendant.

For skill mods he had readied his damage boosting Athletics and Grandmaster One-Handed Straight Sword Ferocity mods, following that with his Martial Arts Precision accuracy boosting ability. Adding to that was his Bull Rush mod for Charge, which upon success could grant him two turns to attack. Lastly was the ability that tied this setup together, the Quick Change mod for his sword, that allowed him to seamlessly transition from sword to first with a quick flick of his wrist, wasting no time to change weapons.

"This should give me the best shot I have at clearing this as quick as possible. If need be I still have my other gear at the ready, but if things go right these will be all I need."

Spoiler

Calrex Stats:
HP: 1615
EN: 160
DMG: 13
ACC: 3
EVA: 3
MIT: 30

Gear:
Grand Blade II (T2): +3 DMG
Amethyst Charm: +2 ACC / +1 EVA
Tide Pendant: +2 EVA / +1 Loot Dice
Grand Dragoon: Unenhanced Heavy Armor

Familiar:
Roc: +1 ACC

At Ready:
Grand Guard II (T2): +2 MIT / +1 Heavy Momentum
Grand Gauntlets II (T2): +3 DMG
Grand Chariot II (T2): +1 MIT / +2 Thorns
5x Safeguard Potion
1x Basic Teleportation Crystal
1x Tiger's Rage Potion: +2 DMG for one thread
1x Monkey Agility Potion : +1 EVA for one thread

Active Skill Mods:
Athletics (Heavy Armor)
R5 Ferocity (One-Handed Straight Sword)
Quick Change (One-Handed Straight Sword)
Bull Rush (Charge)
Precision (Martial Arts)

ID: 79275
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +3) = -2
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 142 Remaining)

Upon reaching the entrance to the queen's lair Calrex wasted no time. His eyes immediately caught sight of the first set of minions as he ripped the Grand Blade II from its sheath, rushing forward at high speed. The downward slope only accelerated his advance as he triggered <<Charge>> right as he came into striking range, holding his sword low and to the left. The entirety of the blade became covered in the dark purple glow of the <<Shadow Explosion>> Sword Art's aura as the bluenette calmed his nerves with an exhale.

Triggering the assist system he shot forward, rapidly slicing through the four hovering bees before ending his assault on the opposite side of the four. Red numbers leapt up with each connected strike, signaling critical hits on every blow that nearly eliminated the creatures in a single attack. There wasn't even enough time for them to respond as they flailed up and down for a few moments before recovering, their eyes now locked on the player that had just attacked them, slowly shifting into an attack formation.

Turning back face them Calrex twirled the Grand Blade II with a flick of his wrist before falling back into the same position for striking once again.

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 142/160

Bee Minion: 86/250 (13+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 164 DMG)
Bee Minion 2: 86/250 (13+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 164 DMG)
Bee Minion 3: 86/250 (13+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 164 DMG)
Bee Minion 4: 86/250 (13+1+2+5 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 164 DMG)

ID: 79465
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated (18 Energy Used / 124 Remaining) / Quick Change Activated (Grand Blade II > Grand Gauntlets II)

<<Shadow Explosion>> enveloped the Grand Blade II with the dark purple glow of the Sword Art once again as Calrex gave a calming breath, centering his focus on the center of the four minions once again. Right as the technique built up to full strength once again he released and activated the assisted system, feeling his body get jerked forward once again by the game taking over his avatar. Cuts of deep purple ripped through the air, slashing through the four bee minions and reducing their health down to empty.

With each one that dropped the bluenette could see the counter of required enemies needed for the field boss to spawn increase, stopping at 4/5. "Guess I've got once more to go before I can fight the upgraded queen. Better make this quick again."

He made note of the fact that the creatures didn't seem to produce materials this time around, potentially as the result of a new patch, "I guess that means in order to get materials again I'd better go with non-combat again or fighting creatures closer to my health...I'll take the former."

Swinging his sword to the side at the conclusion of the battle the weapon dispersed in a flash of light, being replaced by a pair of similar colored gauntlets, forming around Calrex's forearms. The Grand Gauntlets II at the ready he quickly scanned the area, seeing the fifth minion hovering nearby.

Stats Change:
DMG: 13 > 15
ACC: 3 > 4
Sword Arts: One-Handed Straight Sword > Martial Arts

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 124/160

Bee Minion: 0/250 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG)
Bee Minion 2: 0/250 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG)
Bee Minion 3: 0/250 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG)
Bee Minion 4: 0/250 (13+1 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 101 DMG)

ID: 79712
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +4) = 13 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +3) = 3
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 108 Remaining)

"Alright, four down..."

Right as Calrex's eyes locked onto the fifth sentry for the field boss he shot forward, triggering <<Charge>> once again. His motions and battle techniques came to him almost instinctively now, and it make his tactical actions like clockwork. His right first glowed with the light blue energy of his <<All Might>> Sword Art, shining to almost illuminate the cave right as it reached peak strength. The combined powers rocketed the bluenette at an extremely fast speed towards the smaller bee that was hovering only a short distance away, closing the distance in seconds. 

Right as he came into striking range the glowing fist reached forward, connecting the powerful blow square into the middle of the insect's avatar, a single red number flying out from the creature before it shattered into crystal shards. With that the five minions that needed to be defeated before taking on the newly revamped quest boss were eliminated.

Further down Calrex could hear the sounds of the queen spawning, a fair distance off, potentially enough for him to recover his energy. From what he had gathered from fighting the upgraded <<Avalanche>> field boss, his energy levels were still more than enough for a draw out fight, but he didn't want to take his chances. Many fights in the past forced him to try and recover from nearly zero energy, and the task was tedious. Being unable to effectively counterattack was not a good situation to be in.

"Best recover what I can, then take the field boss on."

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 108/160

Bee Minion: 0/250 (15+5+1 DMG * 15 Art - 25 MIT = 290 DMG)

• 2 weeks later...

(1/3 Posts Out of Combat, 1 Energy Recovered)

As a few moments passed by Calrex saw his energy recover by a single point, the first white flash filling the bar the first indication of the out of combat recovery being active. Nearby he could hear the buzzing noises of the incoming field boss growing closer and closer. However, from what he could gather there was still some distance before they came into attack range, hopefully enough that he could fully recover.

Looking down at his right fist the bluenette gave a small sigh, opening and closing his hand as if to retain flexibility within it, even though technically speaking he did not need to do so, "Just another thing that's just muscle memory now, although that's even a weird concept since our avatars don't really have any muscles to send signals through."

The cavern had been slightly illuminated for a short period of time by his Sword Art's glow, but now the back area had been blanketed by darkness again. He could make out parts of the small group approaching him, a stinger here, a wing there, but their full forms had yet to come into view.

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 109/160

(2/3 Posts Out of Combat, 1 Energy Recovered)

"Just a few more seconds..."

Another flash across his energy bar went by as Calrex continued to keep his eyes on the approaching group. Judging from the distance between his avatar and the closest figure, there would be another few moments before he would be detected. At this point only two of the servant bees were in visible illumination, looking exactly the same as the five he had just defeated. Lowering his stance to prepare for the imminent incoming attack he gave a calming exhale to steady himself, feeling his originally unbalanced center of gravity become more planted.

"Just stay focused. I've well equipped for this situation, and I've got items at the ready to prepare for any potential disruptions. Remain attentive to the requirements for completing this quest. Defeat the queen, and I guess the minions, in order to clear it. From there I can head back to the safe zone."

Opening and closing his right fist once again Calrex's eyes narrowed on the closest bee, "Target the minions first. That way I'll only need to deal with the queen afterwards. Achilles should be able to handle potential hits, since the Grand Dragoon will only be able to endure so much...speaking of which I should be careful not to rely on it too much..."

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 110/160

(3/3 Posts Out of Combat, All Energy Recovered)

With one last moment passed, Calrex gave a small sigh of relief as he glanced at his energy bar, seeing it had fully recovered. The out of combat healing was nothing noteworthy, but the energy recovery was certainly something to be appreciated. In real life the stamina required to perform at peak proficiency in such types of engagements would be nigh impossible, even for the most Olympian-like of individuals.

At this point the bluenette was in clear view of the remaining creatures he needed to eliminate, with the hovering insects being the same. Calmly closing his hand tighter into a fist he narrowed his vision, focusing on his initial target, the first minion. As his vision remained centered on the minion his stance slowly lowered, his right arm drawing back. He could feel his body slowly locking into the position to trigger his opening Sword Art.

"Get this done, pick them off one by one, then deal with the new queen. No need to worry about defense if this is done right, and should things go wrong I've got countermeasures."

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 160/160

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 81473
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +4) = 6
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +3) = 3
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 143 Remaining)

Queen's Roll:
ID: 82053
Battle Dice: 4 (Evasion +3) = 1

Calrex right fist lit ablaze with the blue aura of his <<All Might>> Sword Art, the light surrounding his arm seeming to become solidified, dense, as it built to maximum strength. The bluenette's eyes remained deadlocked on the the first bee that appeared, the closest in the formation. As he continued to ready the trio of minions went first.

As with every non-player encounter their eyes turned to face his avatar, their eyes flashing red to indicate their AIs had selected him as their target. Second, their forms oriented themselves towards his form, as if readying the shortest trajectory forward. Third, their stingers shifted forward, primed to strike. Finally, they shot forward, aiming to stab at their target.

However, this was a tactic he had seen many times before, and even back when he was a single digit in level the strategy was not difficult to overcome. Back then he relied on extreme acrobatic maneuvers to avoid their blows, trying to get as far out of striking range as he could. But now with his more tank-like orientation dodging took on a new form.

Barely shifting his body Calrex avoided the blows without breaking stance. A small slide of the hip here, a side movement of the neck there, and the stingers whiffed, missing a connecting strike.

This brought his target in range for his attack. With the small distance to cover the time between launching his punch and and the first bee bursting into crystals felt almost instantaneous. The excess momentum from his <<Charge>> carried him out of the circle formed by the monsters before it died out.

"One down, three to go."

It seemed that the queen had noticed the Ultramarine Knight's opening strike, deciding to add to her minions attempt to hit. A massive stinger came shooting forward at Calrex, but just like the previous misses, this one was avoided by conserved motions from a planted stance on the bluenette's part.

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 143/160

The Queen: 500/500
Bee Minion: 0/250 (15+5 DMG * 15 Art - 25 MIT = 275 DMG)

Bee Minion 2: 250/250
Bee Minion 3: 250/250

ID: 82052
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +4) = 10
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 127 Remaining)

Queen's Roll:
ID: 82054
Battle Dice: 8 (Evasion +3) = 5

With another collection of moments of time flying by, the battle continued to rage on. Immediately after avoiding the queen's opening attack Calrex rolled to the side so that he had a straight shot to the second of the bee minions, continuing his strategy of eliminating the mobs before focusing all of his efforts on the field boss. "Eliminate these two and I won't have to spend energy on more taxing area of effect attacks. Besides, I'm not a crowd controller anyway."

Clenching his right hand into a fist once again the <<All Might>> Sword Art's glow returned to surround the limb, flowing smoothly into a focused advance on the floating bee. The punch connected clean with the creature's form, removing nearly all of its health. However, it was still alive, attempting to thrust its stinger at the bluenette while he quickly leapt back. The queen and third minion attempted to do the same, but their attacks merely struck air as Calrex quickly maneuvered to the side with some quick footwork.

"Alright...if you're not going down in one strike...then I'll do that...[/i]"

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 127/160

Bee Minion: 0/250

Bee Minion 2: 50/250 (15 DMG * 15 Art - 25 MIT = 200)
Bee Minion 3: 250/250

ID: 82056
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +4) = 12
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +3) = 2
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 111 Remaining)

Queen's Roll:
ID: 82057
Battle Dice: 1
Craft Dice: 10 (Matriarch's Sting Activated)

After avoiding another barrage of stingers coming at him Calrex quickly triggered his most powerful Martial Arts Sword Art for another time, his arm glowing with the attack's aura once again. Quickly moving in he struck with the single powerful blow the third of the minions endured the strike, nearly finished just like the second. "Now a single area of effect attack can wipe those two out and deal some damage to the queen. Still, I haven't seen any gimmick just..."

Before the bluenette could finish his thought suddenly he looked at his health bar to see a lightning bolt and red waterdrop next to it, the symbols indicating that he was both paralyzed and inflicted with bleed, "What in the?"

Out of his peripherals he could see that queen backing away, as if it were extracting her stinger from a target. While it didn't inflict any damage to him, Calrex already knew that the Bleed effect was going to whittle away at some of his health. Add to the fact that he was paralyzed meant that it was an opportunity for the minions to take a few free shots at him.

"Guess I shouldn't have asked."

Calrex: 1615/1615 | EN: 111/160 [Paralyze 2/2] [Bleed (24) 2/2]

Bee Minion 2: 50/250
Bee Minion 3: 50/250 (15 DMG * 15 Art - 25 MIT = 200)

ID: 82058
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +4) = 12 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion Negated) = 9 (+1 Damage)

Queen's Roll:
ID: 82059
Battle Dice: 2 (Evasion Negated)
Craft Dice: 12 (Matriarch's Sting Activated)

As the bluenette had suspected, he felt the stings of both the bee minions connect with his avatar, watching as his health took a drop from full. Not enough for him to start worrying, but enough to be visibly notable. To add to that the Bleed damage from the queen's effect threw in a bit more. "Well this is great..."

Still stuck in place, the queen also attempted to strike, but its initial flurry of stinger thrusts somehow managed to miss the bluenette's avatar, something that logically wouldn't make sense. Nonetheless, this didn't mean that the queen would take no action. Calrex felt its stinger pierce into him once again, dealing no damage, but refreshing the effects of her previous strike. "So it's one of those types. As long as this doesn't turn into a repeat of the revamped Avalanche fight I should still be able to manage. Once I eliminate those two minions my Battle Healing should be able to remove a bit of the damage from the Bleed effect. However, I've still got to wait this paralyze out."

Calrex: 1496/1615 | EN: 111/160 [Refreshed Paralyze 2/2] [Refreshed Bleed (24) 2/2] (2 x 125 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 95 DMG + 24 Bleed)

Bee Minion 2: 31/250 (19 Achilles)
Bee Minion 3: 31/250 (19 Achilles)

ID: 86497
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +4) = 8 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion Negated) = 3

Queen's Roll
ID: 86498
Battle Dice: 9 (Evasion Negated) (+1 Damage)

"Tch, still waiting for this double effect thing to wear off. I've still got more than enough health to deal with this until it wears off, but geezes the constant retriggers is more a test of my patience than any in-game stat I've got. Even with the skills I have, if I lose my calm and go into some kind of revenge rampage, that's just going to make me predictable and just like a simple-minded AI."

Even though he still couldn't move Calrex gave a small exhale to steady his avatar's nerves, seeing both of the indicators for the double effect the queen had inflicted on him start to fade in and out. "Just a bit more. Gh!"

His eyes followed the two minions as they failed to sting him, but the queen was able to strike a critical blow on him. A single unit of damage was removed from her health bar as <<Achilles>> lowered and reflected some damage back. As the trio hovered a few meters back to prepare for the next attack the bluenette continued wait for his next opportunity to act.

Calrex: 1386/1615 | EN: 112/160 [Paralyze 1/2] [Bleed (24) 1/2] (200+1 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 86 DMG + 24 Bleed)

The Queen: 499/500 (34 Achilles - 75 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)

Bee Minion 2: 31/250
Bee Minion 3: 31/250

• 2 months later...

ID: 86499
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +4) = 13 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion Negated) = 3

Queen's Roll
ID: 86500
Battle Dice: 6 (Evasion Negated)

More seconds flew by as the boss mob took another opportunity to strike. First the two lesser bee guards moved forward, attempting to sting at Calrex's immobile form. By some form of luck he managed to avoid their blows without being able to move, but the queen was once again able to string him, this time as a normal hit. A small sliver of damage was dealt once again.

However, to the bluenette the main thing that mattered was that he was not once again inflicted with the double effect of the queen's special effect, meaning that he would be able to act in a short period of time. The Paralyze and Bleed status effects wore off as he felt his limbs slowly loosen from their frozen state. Opening and closing his hands Calrex looked at the two remaining minions, "Better still prioritize those two before I target the queen."

Calrex: 1277/1615 | EN: 113/160 [Paralyze End] [Bleed (24) End] (200 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 85 DMG + 24 Bleed)

The Queen: 498/500 (34 Achilles - 75 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)

Bee Minion 2: 31/250
Bee Minion 3: 31/250

ID: 86501
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +4) = 9
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +3) = 6 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Tornado Kick>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 102 Remaining)

Queen's Roll
ID: 86502
Battle Dice: 7 (Evasion +3) = 4
Craft Dice: 11 (Matriarch Sting Activated)

Right as the Ultramarine Knight was able to move again Calrex quickly rushed forward, the light of his attack forming a blazing blue glow around his right leg. With a quick step to the side he landed and lowered into the stance needed to activate <<Tornado Kick>>. Leaping in a sideways arc his leg swept across the group, connected with the two minions and the queen. Each was able to score a hit as he flew past, but it was the last blows from the minions as their health was reduced to zero, bursting into crystals.

Unfortunately, right as the bluenette landed he felt his body freeze in place once again, the markers for Paralyze and Bleed affecting his avatar once again, "Tch, like I said this chance of triggering is either way to high of something. It's starting to feel more like fighting Oikawa back during the S&Z tournament all over again."

Calrex: 1181/1615 | EN: 102/160 [Paralyze 2/2] [Bleed (24) 2/2] (2 x 125+1 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 96 DMG)

The Queen: 483/500 (15 DMG * 6 Art - 75 MIT = 15 DMG)

Bee Minion 2: 0/250 (15 DMG * 6 Art - 25 MIT = 65 DMG | 19 Achilles - 25 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)
Bee Minion 3: 0/250 (15 DMG * 6 Art - 25 MIT = 65 DMG | 19 Achilles - 25 MIT = 1 Minimum DMG)

Calrex is Paralyzed, Roll Disregarded

Queen's Roll
ID: 86503
Battle Dice: 3 (Evasion Negated)

With the minions now dead, the battle had now turned into a duel between the queen and Calrex, who was currently immobilized once again by the queen's special effect. A small sigh escaped the bluenette's lips as he remained crouched in the finishing stance of his last attack, "Being stunned this much, just like Avalanche...I guess these battles really work better for parties rather than single players, although I guess that's the general idea. Solo players don't really benefit as much as parties do, and they put themselves at higher risk. Yet here I am taking on another quest by myself."

Seeing a small chunk of his health vanish as a result of the Bleed effect Calrex's eyes moved over to the indicators for the double effect, seeing them start to fade, "I just hope this dang thing runs out before the queen decides to persist it again."

Calrex: 1157/1615 | EN: 103/160 [Paralyze 1/2] [Bleed (24) 1/2] (24 Bleed)

The Queen: 483/500

Bee Minion 2: 0/250
Bee Minion 3: 0/250

Queen's Roll
ID: 86504
Battle Dice: 5 (Evasion Negated)

As the queen tried to take advantage of the opening she made by paralyzing the Ultramarine Knight the large insect flew forward, stringer thrust forward. However, even with the extended immobilization she still seemed to fail at connecting a strike, even to persist the Matriarch's Sting effect. The two indicators next to Calrex's health bar slowly faded, ticking away another bit of his health before completely disappearing.

Feeling his body be released from the invisible binds the bluenette got to his feet, shrugging his shoulders to help loosen them again before turning to face the queen, "Alright, I'm making sure you don't take another action for a while. Time for return the favor on those paralysis stings."

Lowering himself into a fighting stance Calrex already knew what Sword Art he wanted to use next, "Let's just make sure this connects..."

Calrex: 1133/1615 | EN: 104/160 [Paralyze End] [Bleed (24) End] (24 Bleed)

The Queen: 483/500

ID: 86505
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +4) = 12
Sword Art <<All Might>> Activated (17 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 87 Remaining)

Queen's Roll
ID: 86506
Battle Dice: 10 (Evasion +3) = 7 (+2 Damage)
Craft Dice: 8 (Matriarch's Sting Activated)

With <<All Might>> at full charge Calrex rushed forward, his right fist once again glowing with the light blue hue of the Sword Art. The powerful punch flew forward, connecting with the same place the strike would always hit in description, the queen's face. The strike connected with a solid strike, inflicting a lot of damage on the field boss.

Unfortunately, at the same time the queen was able to score a critical blow while also applying the Matriarch's Sting effect once again. As a result, Calrex was once again unable to attack for two rounds.

"Well, at least I was able to get a strike in. Unfortunately the queen still got me stunned again. I guess I'll just have to hit it with all I've got once I'm able to attack again."

Calrex: 1047/1615 | EN: 87/160 [Paralyze 2/2] [Bleed (24) 2/2] (200+2 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 86 DMG)

The Queen: 332/500 (15 DMG * 15 Art - 75 MIT = 150 DMG / 34 Achilles DMG - 75 = 1 Minimum DMG

OOC: Retroactive fix, forgot that the queen was immune to Stun and Paralysis

Queen's Roll:
ID: 86693
Battle Dice: 1
Craft Dice: 9 (Matriarch's Stinger Activated)

As the queen once again took a turn to try and attack Calrex, this time it apparently...somehow...tripped over its own stinger, doing a roll in mid-air from being thrown off balance. However, it wasn't long before she was able to fix her hover pattern, returning back to normal. At the same time Calrex watched as some of his health vanished from the Bleed effect, giving a small sigh.

To add to this, the field boss once again took the opportunity to persist the double effect, her stinger connecting with the bluenette's avatar and solidifying the previously disappearing icons for Paralyze and Bleed.

"Just great..."

Calrex: 1023/1615 | EN: 92/160 [Paralyze 2/2] [Bleed (24) 2/2] (24 Bleed)

The Queen: 332/500 (Paralyze End)

Queen's Roll
ID: 86507
Battle Dice: 2 (Evasion Negated)
Craft Dice: 6 (Matriarch's Sting Activated)

With Calrex once again stunned by the queen's special effect, his ability to evade attacks was once again reduced to nothing. However, even with his paralyzed state he was still somehow able to avoid being stung by the queen's normal attack. Unfortunately, it seemed that her Matriarch's Sting attack was now following a similar state of accuracy, as she was once again able to persist the double status effect.

Giving a small sigh to himself while watching the previously fading status icons once again solidify next to his health bar, as well as watching another small chunk of his health vanish from the Bleed effect, "Tch, yeah, really need to pick up Battle Healing after this. If damage over time effects are going to be more and more common in this game, it'd be wise to pick up as a defense against it."

Calrex: 999/1615 | EN: 92/160 [Paralyze 2/2] [Bleed (24) 2/2] (24 Bleed)

The Queen: 332/500