[SP-F20] Ascendance <<Scouting the 20th Floor Labyrinth>>

Ascendance
<<Scouting the 20th Floor Labyrinth>>

After the battle against the Labyrinth Entrance Guardian, most of the teams split off into respective teams to check the dungeon that had appeared before them.  So far, only a few have really gone too far, with records of Captain Macradon leading the pack with quite a bit of space covered on his end.  A few others were also getting the labyrinth mapped out, and soon they would find the boss room, but it seemed that it would take too long.  They needed more people going in than what they already had, so I decided that I'll have to throw myself to the wind yet again.  Though, this was really a first for me.  I did not do well on the highest floors, but that wouldn't be a problem.  My team was nearby, and they would be a helping hand, if need be.  No, what I needed to do was prove that I can hold my own yet again.

So, I find myself walking through the entrance to the tower that we all fought together for.  

Alone.

[+4 DMG potion and +36 MIT potion used]

Spoiler

Hirru Lvl 44

895 HP
88 Energy
2 Accuracy
1 Evasion
17 Base Damage (18 w/ Ferocity)
102 Mitigation

Equipment

Oath of the Unknown Knight ...... // +6 Damage
Spirit of the Jade Dragon ........... // +2 Accuracy, +1 Evasion
Pride of the Guardian ................. // +54 Mitigation
Favor of the Golden Dragon ...... // +3 LD
Blades Cloak............................... // Vanity
Dimensional Backpack................ // +1 B.R.I
Dimensional Pouch..................... // +1 B.R.I

Battle Ready Inventory

<Wasp Energy Drink> x3......................... // +9 energy

<Potion of Hardened Dragon Scale> x1.. // +36 Mitigation [Used 1/3]

<Potion of Sharp Dragon Fang> x1......... // +4 Damage [Used 1/3]

<Teleportation Crystal> x5...................... // Teleport to a town / out of a dungeon [Uses 2 posts: 1 for use, next to teleport]

<Empty>
<Empty>

<Empty>

Skills

One Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +5 DMG
Heavy Armor                          | Rank 3: +12 MIT
Search and Detect                 | Rank 5: +5 LD
Martial Arts                            | Rank 2: +2 Unarmed
Concentration                        | +1 to your BD / 5 turn cooldown
Survival                                  | Heal 40 HP when out of battle each post / Negate environmental damage

Skill Mods

Reveal

Athletics

R5 Ferocity

Buffs

+4 DMG

+36 MIT

Edited by Hirru

As I passed into an area where no one had started to explore, I found that the mobs seemed to continue the trend on the outside.  They were mostly bugs that were much larger than they were on other floors.  With my experience of this floor going only so far, I decided that I would only engage one at a time, so that I didn't get bogged down by multiple mobs.  Thankfully, the mitigation potion and damage potion that I took early will be of more use here than elsewhere.  Taking a stone from the ground, I threw it at one of the beetle creatures to get its attention.  Boy did I get it.  It charged at me quite suddenly, which caught me off guard.  I was slammed against the wall while trying to unsheathing my blade, Oath.

As I got back to my feet, I let slip a thought.

"Maybe it was a bad idea to go alone.."

[ID: 79423] [BD: 1] [MD: 8-1]

- Health List -
Hirru         837/895 HP || 102 MIT ||  18 DMG || 86/88 EN (-2 EN, -58 HP)

Stag Beatle   450/450 HP ||  00 MIT || 160 DMG

- Loot Acquired -
Mats:
Col:

- Notes -
Monsters slain 0/20

Edited by Hirru

It didn't take long for it to turn around and make another pass at me.  This time I was ready to avoid its attack to the best of my ability.  Thankfully, that there would not be much to that attempt.  When the seemingly armored creature came back at me, its horns caught on the vines that seem to appear every so often from the cracks in the walls, as if the labyrinth was slowly being taken over by the vegetation while it was in waiting for us to venture into it.  How long has this tower been here?  Thoughts were pour in about the current notions of this tower's lore, and how the world around it had come to be a part of the Great Separation that rocked all of the other floors before it.  In this time, the beetle had traveled past him without him really doing much, but it would make in swing irrationally where it should have been.

[ID: 79559] [BD: 2+2] [MD: 1]

- Health List -
Hirru         837/895 HP || 102 MIT ||  18 DMG || 85/88 EN (+1 EN, -2 EN)

- Loot Acquired -
Mats:
Col:

- Notes -
Monsters slain 0/20

Edited by Hirru

Shaking my head away from the thoughts of the once glorious history of this place, I positioned myself in a proper stature.  Blade pointed at the Stag Beatle I rushed in to perform an upward strike that would knock the horns away from me before going into the long tackle-slash combo that would be the <Meteor Break> Sword art.  For a second, I thought that I wouldn't connect so I had to activate the split second correction through Concentration.  The slashes would amount to a fair amount of damage, but nothing to celebrate about.  The mob was still in the green, but was close to yellow.  With this much stimulation, the creature seemed to be off kilter and rammed into the wall far to my right.  I needed to be careful that I didn't attract the attention of its mates, as they were only a corridor's bend away.  Though, that still meant that I had plenty of room to maneuver, in case it decided to do something unexpected.  

[ID: 79560] [BD: 3+2+1 (Concentration)] [MD: 3-1]
[Sword Art: Meteor Break] 11x18= 198 dmg

- Health List -
Hirru         837/895 HP || 102 MIT ||  18 DMG || 75/88 EN (+1 EN, -11 EN)

Stag Beatle   252/450 HP ||  00 MIT || 160 DMG             (-198 HP)

- Loot Acquired -
Mats:
Col:

- Notes -
Monsters slain 0/20

Edited by Hirru

We circled around each other several times from the start of this mess.  If this is what a single one of these bugs could do to me, then a group of them would just out right murder me.  However, I would have to start facing them, if I was going to be anywhere as strong as Captain Macradon and Vice Commander Mack.  With that, I burst out another string of slashes and tackles that would stagger the insect for only a second.  However, that second wasn't enough for me to get away from the battle unscathed.  Its horn grazed my arm causing a small amount of health to be knocked from me.  Though, with the latest exchange, it was clear who was on top as the Stag Beatle was already close to the red portion of its health.  I would only need one more solid hit to take it out, then I can worry about the rest of the buggers.

[ID: 79763] [BD: 6+2=8] [MD: 8-1=7]

- Health List -
Hirru         779/895 HP || 102 MIT ||  18 DMG || 65/88 EN (+1 EN, -11 EN, -58 HP)

Stag Beatle    54/450 HP ||  00 MIT || 160 DMG             (-198 HP)

- Loot Acquired -
Mats:
Col:

- Notes -
Monsters slain 0/20

Edited by Hirru

As the lone battle continued, I swore that I was having the insect curse once more.  Every time I decided to hunt an insect type mob I would always have the worst time of it.  Most of the time, I would be missing, or the insect had some sort of technique that would always hit me.  This never happened with most other mobs, so I've been cursing bugs ever since I've started noticing this.  Wouldn't you know that this floor was primarily insects, with a few modest exceptions to the rule.  Hopefully, when the front lines find the boss room, the floor boss isn't a giant bug, or the hunter will have to sit this one out, due to the lack of patience for these buggers.

Also, if it wasn't apparent, I tried to execute the bloody bug, but it had other plans that included a horn and my chest.  It wasn't the greatest of plans for both of us, but it was better for it.

[ID: 80418] [BD: 1] [MD: 7-1=6]
[Sword Art: ]

- Health List -
Hirru         721/895 HP || 102 MIT ||  18 DMG || 64/88 EN (+1 EN, -2 EN, -58 HP)

Stag Beatle    54/450 HP ||  00 MIT || 160 DMG             

- Loot Acquired -
Mats:
Col:

- Notes -
Monsters slain 0/20

Edited by Hirru

The next thing I knew I was using a lower tiered attack to face off against this unnerving, insufferable creature.  If I had a burning based weapon, I would be all over these beings with brimstone and sulfur.  Whatever those things were.  Sometimes, I feel that my thoughts give way to weird sayings or other things that may be slight slips of my memory, but they never makes sense; not that they have to.  Though, it would be nice to understand some of these things from time to time.

In the meantime, the fight was finally winding down as I connected my attack.  It wouldn't be able to do anything else against me for the rest of its time.  As it gave a final call, it shattered into many light particles like many other mobs before it.  It just goes to show that everything is the same in the end, so I shouldn't have this weird aversion towards bugs. 

[ID: 80419] [BD: 6+2=8] [MD: 7-1=6]
[Sword Art: Vertical Arc (R2)] 
4x17= 68 dmg
[ID: 80420] [LD: 3+5=8] [CD: 1] (3+2)450 = 2250 Col

- Health List -
Hirru         721/895 HP || 102 MIT ||  18 DMG || 61/88 EN (+1 EN, -4 EN)

Stag Beatle     0/450 HP ||  00 MIT || 160 DMG             (-68 HP)

- Loot Acquired -
Mats:
Col: 2250

- Notes -
Monsters slain 1/20

Edited by Hirru

It seemed that my little scuffle had acquired the attention of one of the other bugs, and before I could react too.  While I was in my cool-down session, the new stag beatle had taken the advantage and attacked my blind spot.  Its horns tore through me before pincers started making their way with my useless body.  I could feel the pressure increasing, and was sure that I would explode if it continued, but the bug had other things in mind.  While I tried to pose a counter attack when my body gained mobility again, it would prove fruitless.  With a quick flick of its body, I was sent flying into the opposite wall of the corridor.  I slammed hard into the hard stone walls, or whatever material this place was created with.  Gritting my teeth, I would face the newly appearing foe.

"I really hate bugs."

I spit with anger.

[ID: 80471]
[BD: 3+2=5] Miss
[MD: 10] Crit +2
[Sword Art: ]

- Health List -
Hirru         661/895 HP || 102 MIT ||  18 DMG || 60/88 EN (+1 EN, -2 EN, -60 HP)

- Loot Acquired -
Mats:

- Notes -
Monsters slain 1/20

Edited by Hirru

[rolling]

[ID: 80473]
[BD: 5+2=7] Hit
[MD: 4-1] Miss

- Health List -
Hirru         661/895 HP || 102 MIT ||  18 DMG || 50/88 EN (+1 EN, -11 EN)

Stag Beatle   252/450 HP ||  00 MIT || 160 DMG             (-198 HP)

- Loot Acquired -
Mats:

- Notes -
Monsters slain 1/20

Edited by Hirru