[PP-F1]Wolfs Howl <<EaL>> (with TurirBarym) COMPLETE

It was not long after meeting Barryt at his shop that Hei got a pm from him once again. He skimmed the message and found out, that Barryt was out of mats for his forge, so he decided to retake the <<earning a living>> quest, as one gets free mats with its completion. He asked Hei if he was going to join, as both of them had a shop now and mats were always good to have. - I just finished the quest, but I already have little material. And I want to order some fitments for my store, so it sounds like a good Idea - With coming to this conclusion he wrote a pm to @TurirBarym

Spoiler

Hi Barryt, how is it going? I'll join you in your search for materials. Do you have a good idea where we could start?

After sending this Hei waited for an answer, and took the just finished "Cloak of Eyes" and equipped it. - It has no effect while I wear the shield, but for searching the area I can always switch my equipment -

Edited by Hei

It was not long after Barryt had sent his message to Hei, when he already got an answer, reading:

Hi Barryt, how is it going? I'll join you in your search for materials. Do you have a good idea where we could start?

He is quick as always, this could work well. he thought, while pressing the respond button and writing an answer to what Hei asked him.

Spoiler

Hello Hei, of course I know where we can start collecting some materials, I'll be at your shop in half an hour, after I got the quest for us. Then We'll leave town to the north.
It will take a while, but in the northern mountains there are dire wolfs, they are a little dangerous, but they can drop nice materials for both of us. Also we can search for other mats on the way towards there.

see you later, Barryt

After sending the message Barryt left his shop and made his way to the craftsman guildhall, where he would get the quest. The NPC giving the quest was a chubby guy with short black hear, who was talking way to loud. "Greetings young worker, what can I do for you" he greeted Barryt, when he came close. "G-greetings to you as well. I am looking for some materials and so I will take the earning a living quest"  The chubby guy smiled and said: "Well well, then your right with talking to me. I'll give you the quest. So you have to gather at least one material and return to me, then I'll show you some crafting basics. See you later" and with these words he turned around, and Barryt left with the quest he had been looking for.

Hei opened the message Barryt had sent him short after he had answered him, telling him to wait at his shop and then they would go towards the northern mountains. - I have never been to the mountains, so this will be interesting. Also I can use my new cloak and check if it works as it should- And so Hei waited at his shop, drinking a cup of tea and eating a little. He also unequipped his shield, as it was heavy to carry around all the time and he wanted to try his new cloak.

After half an hour Barryt arrived at "The Hanger" "Hey Barryt, have you gotten the quest? And how are we going to find the wolfs, or better how long will it take us to get there?" Hei greeted his friend while opening the menu to send him a party invite. Then he left the shop and closed the door, checking that it was locked so no one could enter his shop while he was away.

After leaving the guildhall it was not a hard task to get towards Hei's shop, even without knowing exactly where it was. Hei had told him that it was close to the grove, which was not hard to find, and so Barryt arrived at the Hanger, which was quite a strange name. I wonder what bit him, so he called his shop the hanger Barryt thought while reading the strange shop sign.

When he opened the door Hei was already waiting for him, and it looked like he had already begun crafting his own stuff, as he was sitting there, wearing a black hooded cloak with a creepy eye on its forehead. Before Barryt could say a single word Hei had spotted him and began with a stormy greeting. "Yeah, it's nice meeting you again, but where are your manners? Just wait a moment and I'll tell you everything"  But Hei had already shoved him outside and closed the door behind him. "Ok, I see you can't await it, so I'll tell you while we make our way towards the mountains"

"Ok, then you tell me on our way. Do you have a problem with me searching for some mats while on the way?" Hei asked, while the two of them made their way towards the towns borders. When they reached the outskirts of the safezone and the beginning of the wilderness Hei was in high mood, whistling a song he just remembered. - Where do I know this song from? - he was asking himself. There was no answer to that and so his thoughts drifted on, something about a picture he had seen that had quite some resemblance with the landscape he was looking at right now.

"Barryt, I'll take a little detour and have a look for some usable plants. This small forest looks like it could have some interesting flora" And with these words Hei left Barryt, strolling towards the group of trees, looking for some materials he could use later on. But the place fell short of his expectations, as there was nothing more interesting than a small fern and some berry bushes.

Spoiler

ID# 80882
Loot: 7 + 2 = 9 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

Barryt left town with Hei at his side, who was already asking him if it was ok, if he was going to leave him while walking to have a look for materials on his own. As Barryt hadn't any problems with his friend searching for his own answered with a simple nod. This guy is just as energetic as he had been in the real world. I myself lost a little bit of enthusiasm when Lambic died last year. And so he walked besides his friend, lost in thought until he heard a little tune, whistled by his friend and he instantly knew what song it was, and so he joined in and they whistled in Duett.

When the landscape began changing and the first groups of trees appeared between the hills Hei told him that he would go and look for some plants in one of them, and so Barryt, who hadn't had any mats left on his own began his own search. But while his friend looked for plants Barryt was on the hunt for some ores, which could be found close to the path they were walking on. There was no need to wait long, as he quickly found one of the sparkling ore deposits he had been looking for.

Spoiler

ID# 81101
Loot: 20 -> found mats

+1x T1 mats

Edited by TurirBarym

As Hei hadn't found something of interest close to the first group of trees he was going to look at some more of these groups, if there was something to be found. The weather was nice as it was always, sown here on floor one, and Hei still enjoyed the warm sun on his arms and the breeze, blowing through his cloak. He went over to the next group of trees, nearly running over there, to not be away from Barryt for to long. There was the same to find as where he had just left. Trees, bushes and a few ferns, but nothing of interest for a tailor.

After not being successful with finding materials Hei returned to where the two had just separated, and had to find out, that Barryt wasn't there any more. - Seems like he wasn't waiting for me, so I should hurry on, towards the mountains, then I'll find him - he thought, while hurrying up and having a look for his friend. After a short run Hei reached Barryt, who has just holding some kind of shiny stone in his hand. "What have you got there? Where you more lucky than me?" As it seemed, that Barryt had already found something and they where on there way towards fighting, already close to the mountains Hei switched back into battle gear.

Spoiler

ID# 81102
Loot: 3+2 = 5 -> nothing found

Edited by Hei

" You're right, I've luck, finding this ore without really looking for it. If ya say I was more lucky than you, I spose ya havn't found anything?" Barryt said, before putting the ore he had found into his inventory. Together the two of them walked towards the mountains and id didn't take long before they encountered their first direwolf.

The beast had red glowing eyes and was eyeing them with great interest, probably thinking of them as his next meal. Barryt was not going to let the chance go away and readied his sword, charging a simple two hit swordskill, but the wolf was quicker than him, jumping back a little and evading the attack. While he was swinging at the beast Barryt shouted over to Hei: "Here's your chance, a real wolf, just waiting to get killed by you, but be cautious, as you have seen the beast is quick and its fangs are sharp."
latest?cb=20140308115118

Spoiler

ID# 81478
Battle: 4 +1 = 5 -> miss

Battle stats:

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 8/10 (-2) NRG
Hei: 180/180 HP |  18/18 NRG
Direwolf: 90/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by TurirBarym

So his friend had really be more lucky than him, but that was ok, as he had got some smithed equipment already and they could still exchange materials as they would need it later on. So the two of them went towards the mountains, when they found the first direwolf, waiting to attack them. Barryt didn't wait for Hei to attack first, but his attack missed the beast, so Hei had time to think about what to do. - I should attack this thing, so it won't hurt Barryt, but is it better to do much damage or stunning the opponent? - while he thought about that Barryt shouted over, that the wolf was damn quick, so Hei decided that stunning him would be a good idea.

He charged a Tripple Barrage and his spear began glowing in violet, glowing sparks flying away from it. When Hei released the attack he felt himself moving forwards and doing a quick three stab combination aiming for the wolfs eyes and his throat. The spear connected perfectly and red pixels dissolved from the beast, while his HP bar dropped.

Spoiler

ID# 81479
Battle: 10 +3 = 13 -> crit hit -> 3 base dmg + 2 krit dmg = 5 dmg * 3x1 = 15 DMG + stun

Battle stats:

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 8/10  NRG
Hei: 180/180 HP |  12/18 (-6) NRG | 2 Heat
Direwolf: 75/90 HP | 27 DMG stunned

Edited by Hei

The Wolfs point of view

There they where coming again, the strange two legged beasts, he had seen so many times in the last time. The dark wolf who called himself blackfang thought, while he was watching the two players arrive. Whenever the two legged beasts appeared part of the of the pack was going to die, but not this time. I will stop them from killing my kin, I have to stop them he thought, red hate flashed in his eyes. Then one of the beasts jumped at him, his metallic claw glowing green, but blackfang had seen this way to often, and so he knew how to sidestep the beasts attack. While it attacked him it growled something in a loud voice to the second one, who instantly raised his arm with a long claw made of bones, which began glowing violet. What is this, I've never seen this thing he thought when the spear thrust at him. "Grr, what do you want" he growled, when the beast came close, but it ignored him and the claw moved so quick he had no chance evading it. The stinging pain from the attack made his vision blur and he wasn't sure what to do now.

Battle stats:

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 8/10  NRG
Hei: 180/180 HP |  12/18  NRG | 2 Heat
Direwolf: 75/90 HP | 27 DMG stunned

Edited by Hei

After his first missed attack Barryt's friend Hei had jumped into the fight, damaging the wolf and rendering it immobile for a short duration of time. Barryt would use this chance and attack the immobilized beast. With drawn sword he came at the wolf, charging a snakebite swordskill and releasing it at the beast. The Sword cut through the air, leaving green arks for a few seconds and missing the wolf entirely. Damn, why can't I hit this beast, I mean it was my idea to go hunt some of them he thought, while letting out a battle scream that sounded more like a mumbled curse.

After missing the thing Barryt changed his idea of fighting. He would no longer just run at the enemy and attack, but he would close in on the wolf, while it would be fighting with Hei and then he would use his chance, when it comes. This was how he would do it. And besides that, he said "Hei, can you distract him, so I can attack it from behind?"

Spoiler

ID# 81641
Battle: 2 + 1 = 3 -> miss

Battle stats:

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 7/10 (+1 -2)  NRG
Hei: 180/180 HP |  12/18  NRG | 2 Heat
Direwolf: 75/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by TurirBarym

Hei saw his friend charging the stunned wolf and missing him, then running past the beast, cursing after he did not hit the beast and then turning around. He saw Barryt's face change and he saw pure concentration in his eyes. His friend then called out to him, asking him to distract the beast, so he would be able to land a hit from the back. - How can I distract the beast - he thought, and then he remembered something he had found out when he was on the second quest he ever did. Even though they were just mobs, they would react to what one said to them. "Hey you little puppy, do you want and get petted?" he shouted at the red eyed wolf and made a gesture as if he would pet a little dog.

When the wolf raised his ears, as if listening Hei raised his spear, jumped at the wolf and released a Maiming Blow at it. The spear deeply impaled the wolfs shoulders, further dropping his HP and leaving two red marks

Spoiler

ID# 81642
Battle: 8 + 3 = 11 -> hit -> 3 * 4x1 DMG = 12 DMG -> 63/90 HP

Battle stats:

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 7/10   NRG
Hei: 180/180 HP |  9/18 (+1 -4)  NRG | 3 Heat
Direwolf: 63/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Hei

The Wolfs point of view

After a short moment of pain the second monster was coming at him, using his shorter claw to attack him, but he tripped over something, the pain was to much to be interested in what it was and the beasts claw hit nothing bu thin air. Then it screamed, in a strange kind of way, as if it was trying to talk while screaming. The beasts won't let me go, they will fight till I kill them or they kill me. And I can't let that happen, to protect my pack. And so he shrugged the pain away, or at least he tried. His view got better again and he saw one of them beasts standing there, growling at him and doing some strange gestures. I'll try to understand what he wants from me. It looks like there must be something on my back? he speculated, but as he just scrapped the idea the creature jumped at him, his fang glowing as bright as the sun and once again pain exploded trough his body when the fang sank deep into his shoulders.
"This is enough, no step further or I will rip out your throat"  Blackfang growled at the beast, showing his teeth and getting ready to attack it. The beast was staring at him, trying to prevent him from landing an attack, but he was way more clever than they must thought. He did a little left step and then jumped the beasts right side, who was now protecting his left. His fangs sank deep into the body and the beast groaned.

Spoiler

ID# 81643
Mob: 10 -> crit -> 27+2 DMG - 9 Mit = 20 DMG | no thorns

Battle stats:

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 7/10   NRG
Hei: 160/180 HP |  9/18  NRG | 3 Heat

Edited by Hei

Barryt had just asked Hei to distract the dire wolf, when Hei began joking about the wolf being a little puppy and gesturing petting it. It seemed that the wolf didn't like this at all, or maybe it were the two spear thrusts, that Hei aimed at the beasts shoulders. All together, the wolf totally ignored Barryt being there, just behind it and attacked Hei, who tried to avoid the attack, but got hit by the beast. His HP dropped quite strong, for it being a single attack, but Barryt had better things to do than watch his fiends HP drop. This is my chance, the wolf is not looking at me, and it is not even moving around, I have to hit it this time. He thought and then stepped right next to the Wolf and with a loud scream slashed at the beasts back. "You monster, I'll show you what it means to harm my friends" he hissed while his sword began glowing green and he released a snake bite at the wolf, but the sword did not connect, as the beast stepped aside when hearing his hiss.

Spoiler

ID# 81748
Battle: 3 + 1 = 4 -> miss

Battle stats:

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 6/10 (+1 -2)  NRG
Hei: 160/180 HP |  9/18  NRG | 3 Heat

Edited by TurirBarym

Shortly after Hei provoked the dire wolf and then stabbed it, the beast let out another growl, and attacked him with its sharp fangs. - This beast must be quite intelligent - Hei thoughts, after being tricked by the wolf, who made a feint to the left and then jumping his right site, sinking its sharp teeth into his shoulder. "Oahhhrrr, fck, " he groaned while his HP bar dropped by quite a part. Then he saw Barryt approaching the wolf from behind, and he heard him hissing something, the wolf heard it too, and sidestepped the attack.

"What are you doing Barryt, have you ever fought a mob stronger than the silly boars? When you want to kill something from behind you should wait with talking till it is dead" He called to Barryt, while himself breaking free from the monstrous wolf, preparing another attack. So he jumped away from it, raising the shield higher to protect himself from another attack that will probably come, then charging another Maiming Blow  to end the wolfs life as soon as possible. The spear connected with the beasts shoulders once again, and its HP dropped further, but it still had more than half HP left.

Spoiler

ID# 81750
Battle: 3 + 3 = 6 -> hit -> 3DMG * 4x1 = 12 DMG | 51/90 HP

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 6/10   NRG
Hei: 160/180 HP |  6/18 (+1 -4) NRG | 4 Heat
Direwolf: 51/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Hei

The Wolfs point of view

The beast he had mostly ignored till now sneaked up on him and it might even have worked, if the silly and slow monster hadn't hissed something at him, warning Blackfang about its whereabouts and it's intention to harm him. He quickly turned his head and saw the sharp claw slashing at himself, so he stepped to the side, making the claw once again hit nothing but air. Then the other beast, the one which was quick enough to hurt him yelled something at his partner, while Blackfang was looking at the other monsters reaction the quick one once more attacked him, hurting him further.
Damn, if I get sloppy I can't save my pack. I have to focus on the quick and dangerous beast he thought, so he prepared to attack the monster once again. It had to die or there was a chance of his pack getting decimated to the point where it couldn't survive by its own. "You monster will see what a real wolf can do!" he growled at it, attacking its left leg, but it was quick enough to move it's strange shell in front of him, absorbing some of his attack and impaling him with spikes that grew out of the shell. Then a scary red eye appeared and gazed at him.

Spoiler

ID# 81751
Mob: 8 -> hit -> 27 - 9 DMG = 18 DMG -> 142/180 HP | thorns activated -> 21 DMG -> 30/90 HP

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 6/10   NRG
Hei: 142/180 HP |  6/18  NRG | 4 Heat
Direwolf: 30/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Hei

The wolf had just attacked Hei once more, who barely defended the blow with his shield, telling him to not talk when sneaking up on enemies. Why had he have to tell me, I should know that. Barryt thought but accepted the advice given by his old friend and did exactly that, not talking but sneaking up on the wolf, who got hurt by the shield. As the eye opened up a bad feeling overcame Barryt, even though he had crafted the shield by himself. Shaking loose from the crippling feeling he sneaked closer to the beast, preparing the swordskill known as Snakebite and released it at the unaware wolf in front of him. This time the sword hit its target and the wolfs HP dropped close to it's red part. Happy to finally hit the wolf Barry let out a wild howl, just to confuse the wolf and release his joy to the world.

Spoiler

ID# 81984
Battle: 5 +1 = 6 -> Hit -> 3 * 3x1 = 9 DMG -> 21/90 HP

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 4/10 (+1 -3)   NRG | 1 Heat
Hei: 142/180 HP |  6/18  NRG | 4 Heat
Direwolf: 21/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by TurirBarym

- Hey, he hit the beast and did some good damage to it, even though with this armour he does not look like the guy who should sneak around - Hei was thinking when he saw his friend actually hitting the beast. He was not the one to let an opportunity like the beast being distracted by the strange howl and the pain from three sword stabs in the back pass and so he raised the spear, channelled the Maiming Blow and released at the distracted beast. The spear sunk into the beast multiple times and every time its HP sank a little until it finally stopped just where it turned red. "Barryt, it's nearly done, one more attack and it should be time for looting" He said.

Shortly after his attack Hei realized, that besides them being close to killing the evil wolf monster the monster although had landed some good hits on him, weakening him so he was not sure he would be able to do another fight after this one.

Spoiler

ID# 81989
Battle: 6 + 3 = 9 -> Hit -> 3 DMG * 4x1 = 12 DMG -> 9/90 HP

Barryt: 100/100 HP | 4/10    NRG | 1 Heat
Hei: 142/180 HP |  3/18 (+1-4) NRG | 5 Heat
Direwolf: 9/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Hei

The Wolfs point of view

Blackfang felt weak and the spikes of the monsters shell were hurting him when the eye appeared. I have to run away, these monsters are to strong for me. I have to leave, how else should I protect the pack from more harm. But the darkness is calling, how does it know my name? I don't want to go into the darkness. this was what Blackfang felt, while the eye gazed at him, it made him uneasy and he did not pay attention to the weak creature that had not yet managed to hurt him once, that was a mistake he had to learn soon after that. Hot pain hit him, when the beast's iron claw dug into his back, making him feel like there were gigantic bats biting him. But what was even worse was the pain that hit him just a few seconds later, when the beast he had watched the whole time used his short moment of carelessness to once more ram it's fang into him. His vision blurred red with his life draining from him.

Spoiler

ID# 81990
Mob: 5 -> miss

Hei: 142/180 HP |  3/18  NRG | 5 Heat
Direwolf: 9/90 HP | 27 DMG

Edited by Hei

The wolf was hit hard by his last attack and Hei then abusing it's condition to land another hit. The beast was now in it's red HP range, which meant that he himself could possibly kill it. He ran up to the wolf, who was so startled that it did not even launch a right attack at Hei and charged his Snakebite while running at it. When the gladius glowed with green brilliant light he released the swordskill and the system overtook, accelerating him over his normal speed, aiming for the wolfs weak spots. The iron sunk deep into the beasts bell, got retracted and swished through the air again, this time sinking into its neck, just get retracted once more and finally stabbed into the back of the beasts neck.

With the wolf falling to the ground it began dissolving into pixels and the fight was over. A system message appeared in front of Barryt. "System message: Loot from killed dire wolf -> 4 x T1 mats | 270 col* With this loot Barryt was happy, as he was here just to get some mats and he already got some. When he looked over at Hei's HP bar he realized, that his friend was hurt and might not wanna go further, so the two of them returned tu end the EAL quest.

Spoiler

Attack: ID# 81991
Battle: 9 = crit -> 3+1 = 4DMG * 3x1 = 12 DMG -> -3/90 ->Dead

Loot: ID# 81992
Loot: 19
Craft: 9 -> 4 x T1 Mats
+ 270 col

Hei: 142/180 HP |  3/18  NRG | 5 Heat
Direwolf: 0/90 HP | 27 DMG Dead

Edited by TurirBarym