[F2-PP] How many times have I taken this now? <<Feeding the Enemy>> [Eatos, Atzo] {Complete}

Spoiler

<<Feeding the Enemy>>

This quest may take place on any Floor.
This quest is not repeatable, unless your previous familiar is dead or has died.

An old gypsy NPC woman approaches you. She tells you that if you feed a monster, it may become tamed and accompany you on adventures, and sometimes even help you. However, taming a familiar is very rare, and you may even be damaged by the familiar. Use caution. This quest can be taken on any floor.

Requirements:

Thread Length: 1 Page/20 Posts

The monster tamed must be smaller than a large dog and within reason. The tamed monster must also be logically tamed, and as such most humanoid monsters will not be tamable. Staff reserves the right to deny certain types of familiars. If you're worried that your familiar may not be approved before searching for it, please PM a member of Staff.

Rewards:

1. The title <<(Insert beast's type name) Tamer>>
  2. A familiar (Possibly, view chart below.)
  3. 1 Skill Point

Familiar Results:
When feeding a familiar, you have one chance to tame a familiar every 15 posts. That means you may only roll the loot die for the familiar on the fifteenth post. If you don't want a familiar that you tamed without buffs, you may kill it and continue searching. Use the loot die(LD) to see if you do. Familiars may only be attempted to be found in intervals of 15 posts of the attempting player.

LD 1 - 10 Failure No monster is found or the taming attempt is unsuccessful.
LD 11-18 Success Monster is found and may be successfully tamed. 
LD 19+ Success Monster is found and successfully tamed. Player may choose an extra skill from the Familiar Enhancements, submitted for approval via the Evaluations forum.

Only one familiar may be obtained per thread.

Atzo was sitting in the Emerald Mansion. Specifically in his study, the place that he relaxed the most. Raina was off doing something, Atzo didn't really keep tabs on her. “I need to get a Familiar” He said to himself “Though I don't want to do it alone, maybe I can call on someone.” He opened up his menu and went to the guild page. “Oh, I need to spend some more time with Eatos, that way I can better welcome her into the guild. And seeing as she has only seen me in a professional setting…. This may surprise her.” He shrugged as he sent a message to Eatos asking for her assistance for a quest. He asked her to meet him at the Mansion. “It should be easier for her to get here seeing as she has been here before” He said to himself “Then again, even when I run at my top speed it still takes me a good hour and a half to two hours to get to the safezone. So I should have some time”

@Eatos

Edited by Atzo

Eatos herself had been back on the first floor, the girl had mostly been poking around different mining areas seeing what was available, as well as asking about forges and shops. She was preparing for when she would eventually open her own private shop, and was ensuring she knew the in's and out's of business in SAO before embarking upon it. After all, as her parents had reinforced, when entering the world of business, it was foolish to be unprepared. She'd gathered everything she needed to know about the operation of a forge, and had a good grasp on shops. Now she had one final step, to find where she wanted her shop. She walked towards the teleport platform intended to go up to the 4th floor, to Frostbite lake. She'd been there once before and it had looked beautiful, and wondered if she could open a shop near it.

But all that stopped when she heard the noise of a message, and after nearly a minute, she managed to open the menu and view it. It was, from Atzo, her guild-leader. She had to admit, she hadnt' expected him to message her. He seemed formal, almost too formal, during the times she'd met him. Why was he asking for her help in a quest? She was a lower level than him, so why was he asking her? Still, despite being confused, she opted to help him out. After all, she was part of the guild, it was the least she could do to help out.

She replied to him saying she was on her way, but would take sometime to arrive to arrive to the mansion being several hours away from the floor 2 teleport pad. While some might feel frustrated as such a long walk, it didn't bother her too much. Even if it took her nearly 3 hours, time was of little consequences as she would sing and daydream, and those 3 hours would pass in the blink of an eye for her. She got onto the pad and moved onto the second floor, and took a breath while she tried to think about what quest Atzo felt he needed Her help with? Was he trying to make armour? That was her only guess as she started the long walk.

The study was vast, Misguidance was laying on the table beside him. The mirrored blade picking up the light of the large windows. “I hope I don’t scare her off” He said to himself as he wrote poems in the notebook on his desk. It was a small detail that he was happy was included. It allowed him to get some of his thoughts on paper. Atzo was odd in the eyes of most. His seemingly unstable mood proved that. Though most of the people that believed him to have an unstable mood thought that either because they caught him on an off day or because he wanted them to think that about him. It was a common idea that he planted in peoples minds to throw them off as to who he really was. There were a very small number of people that saw the real him, but that was what he wanted.

@Eatos

"You are the oceans, grey waves. Destined to seek, life beyond, the shore, just out of reach...Yet, the waters, ever change, flowing like time. The path is yours to take"

These words were sung over and over again for nearly three and a half hours by Eatos as she slowly strolled towards the house, her body walking on a self-programmed auto-pilot. It took her longer than it should have, but she'd enjoyed herself. She stopped her singing as she spotted the mansion, and smiled. She walked her way up to the door, and paused. She still couldn't figure out what he wanted her for. She had thought that perhaps it had been for her ability as a blacksmith, but she'd dismissed it. She was a new blacksmith without a forge, and he was a double-digit level player, so there was nothing she could make him that he couldn't get access to, right? With that in her mind, she was confused why he wanted her.

'Well, only one way to find out. I just wish I knew more...' She thought to herself as she raised her hand, and much like before, knocked. 4 Short rapid knocks, before lowering her hand and waiting for Atzo to meet her.  

There it was, the four quick knocks at his door. He walked down stairs and opened the large double doors. “Hello Eatos,” he said, he had his normal relaxed “It is nice to see you got my message. I need to get a familiar and would like your help if you dont mind the task” It was something he needed to do a long time ago. For that matter something he had tried to do a long time ago but let his kindness get the better of him as he normally did. Still this time would be different. “I hope It doesn’t bug you but there will be a good portion of me meditating. I do not want to get a familiar that the Great Spirit does not want me to have. So i must take the walk of spirits but wanted to do it with a friend. I hope you don’t mind me asking you. This will also give me to get to know you better."

@Eatos

Eatos smiled as the door opened, revealing Azto by himself. She expected several things, but his request did catch her a little by surprise. He wanted a familiar? She hunted in her head for what a familiar was, and blanked before recalling it. A familiar was a pet that helped out in battle. She'd considered the idea herself, but since she wasn't going into battle, and being unaware that familars aren't all combat focused, had opted away from it herself.

She smiled as he asked for her to join him and keep him company. She did find it a tad bit odd he picked her and not someone he knew better, but she'd walked this far. Why not go all the way?

"I'd love to join you" She said, opted not to ask what the spirits of the forest had to do with finding a familiar. But if it was a chance to see animals and possible pet them, she knew she had to go. "I love animals, so even if its just sitting and watching, it'll be nice to see..." she said, allowing herself to think about home, and a sad thought passed through her. What was her own animal thinking, now that she was gone? She hoped nothing bad as she looked back up at Azto. Her face had a moment of pain that flashed across, before vanishing and being placed by a smile.

Atzo smiled “You may sit and watch or you may participate yourself if you’d like. Though I understand that most people don’t believe in and worship the forest spirits.” He walked out of his Mansion and closed the door behind him. “Oh, that reminds me. You are free to access my mansion whenever you need. Don't worry about knocking, I have opened it to all guild members to be able to unlock the door whenever they need.” He walked to the cliff side that the mansion overlooked and then looked to the top of the mountain. “Madam Eatos, how good are you at rock climbing?” He was unsure of her response, and hoped she would be willing to. Though there were other spots he knew that would give him the same serenity as being high up on a mountain. It crossed his mind that she had never seen him so relaxed though assumed she would understand that the guild was meant to be just as much of a friendship as it was meant to be a organization.

@Eatos

She had to admit, she'd probably just watch. She'd never been much of the spiritual type, but, each to their own. The offer of the mansion being open was nice, and caught her by surprised. Atzo was being, different than she was used to. During the times she had met him, he'd always been very formal and, the word that came to Eatos' mind was ridged. However now he was relaxed, and honestly, it was a nice shift of what she knew. She actually preferred this relaxed Atzo, over the Atzo she'd first met.

She trailed behind him, and noticed he was almost eyeing the mountain. Was he planning on going up that?! Her question was answered by him asking her about rock climbing. She took a deep breath. Part because he called her madam again, a title she still wasn't entirely comfortable with due to its formality. But also, she had a thing against heights...

"I never really did much of it back home, and please, just call me Eatos...no need for this Madam stuff..." 

“If you insist, and no worries, we do not need to climb.” Atzo lead Eatos up the side of the mountain to a large cliffside. It was high enough that you could see the safe zone from there. “So, I hate to leave you to your own devices, however I need to pray before I do anything else. If you wish to join me you are more than welcome to.” Atzo walked to the edge of the cliff and sat down cross legged. His eyes closed. He felt like he should give Eatos a chance to decide if she wanted to join him or not. It didn’t really matter seeing as he would be praying out loud but Atzo also knew that you didn’t feel the presence of the spirits unless you were actively participating. His ears perked up as he was listening for Eatos to ether move to him or away from the Cliff. Even if she stood still he would know that she wanted to stay out of it.

@Eatos

Eatos followed him as he lead the way, and as he prepared himself to pray, she remained still. She didn't want to offend him and walk away, but neither was she inclined to join him  due to a lack of belief in what he was doing. She was honest with herself, and while Atzo may have believed in it, she did not and would not mock him by pretending to share a belief she didn't.

So, instead of walking up or away, the girl instead laid down on the ground and stared up at the weather above her head. This floor always seemed to have nice weather, never too warm, even if Eatos did prefer the cool air of the 4th floor. She closed her eyes as the warm air washed over her skin, her body relaxing as she waited to Atzo to do his prayers. And as he would do them, her mind fluttered around and away, thinking about many things. Her real life, outside the walls of this game, but also, where she would go with the new life she'd been given. For she was forced to face the same reality as many, and that was this, the only way they were escaping was clearing the game and that would take sometime.

Eatos hadn't seemed to move from her position, though it did sound like she laid down, very well. Atzo opened his arms to the sky and said in a booming voice that echoed throughout the mountain forest. “Oh Great Spirit, Hear my plea. Show me the way of the forest, the spirits that guide your children as they are meny. Breath to me the path you wish for me to take, as the loving southern winds. Show me the spirit of my being, the creature whose spirit speaks to me best. Oh Great Spirit, Guide me on my quest to do your biding, show me the way of the forest. Let me return to my ancestral roots and Know thy face. Oh Great Spirit, bless this quest, give me the power of the four winds. Owonkan Tonka, Wechonikowichanta, Wekioki ki wauzon wa eu te, meai woba neitocome, meai onda nahahe SONKA” (Had to spell it how it was sounded because I cant find the words anymore) The last word was almost shouted, It was forceful as if it was thunder.  the birds resting on the trees flew off the branches. 

@Eatos

The sound of nature was nice, honestly if she had been tired, Eatos was certain that she could have fallen asleep, or at the very least, taken a nap. It was calming, and not really something she could do on the 4th floor where she intended to make a home. While she loved the cool weather, there was something very disarming about the breeze that ran over here on the Cliffside.

Of course, that was slightly interrupted by the prayer. When Atzo said he'd be saying it out loud, she had mentally expected it to be one of the softer silent prayers. Instead, it wasn't. While it could have been louder, it did mute out the sounds of the birds. So, curious, she sat up and watched. However, she did react at the end. That....didn't sound natural, she wasn't sure how to describe it, but it did send a shiver down her spine. Even the birds knew to be careful, so the girl didn't move closer, but tilted her head as she waited for Atzo to, hopefuly, explain what the hell she'd just witnessed.

Atzo lowered his hand in silence. Sitting for almost two minutes. Suddenly he jumped to his feet, feeling as though he knew where he needed to go. He walked over to Eatos and extended a hand to help her up. “Ready? Our first stop is complete, now to take the walk itself.” Once she was on her feet Atzo turned to a small path in the woods, it was hard to see though Atzo knew it hadn’t been there before. It was very thick with trees and bushes, wildlife was seen everywhere around the two adventurers. Atzo walked at a very slow pace which was unnatural for him. He turned back to Eatos, “All you see around you, are spirits of the forest. The trees, the deer, the fox, the squirrel. It speaks of everything in the world, speaks to the history of every living thing.” There was a small blue bird that landed by Eatos, looking at her as if it wanted to land on her shoulder. Something it did shortly after.
@Eatos

Eatos wasn't certain what she'd witnessed, so she stood there enthralled, just staring at Atzo. His sudden movement made her jump slightly, but she nodded her head to him.  Trialing him through the forest, she admittantly spent more time trying to spot animals over actually listening to him talk. She wasn't trying to be rude, it was just, she was very free-of mind and allowed herself to roam mentally.

In fact, she missed everything that had been spoken to her. And only returned to reality when the bird landed on her shoulder. She moved very slowly, turning her head to it and smiling. She loved animals, and while Canines were her preference, she could appreciate Most animals. Not all, reptiles and creepy-crawlies freaked her out, but other then that, she was ok...mostly.

"It's so...pretty..." she said, focusing on the bird on her shoulder "So blue..."

“Indeed the bird in these mountains are quite fruitful and easily show their colors." Suddenly Atzo stopped, it was abrupt and if Eatos had ran into him he didn't notice or budge. He was in the spirit realm. He could see only one spirit in front of him a hellhound. It stood before him both in the real world and the spirit realm. It was standing stoic and proud. Atzo approached it as it approached him. He pulled out three pieces of steak, one for each head. In a foreign tongue. One Atzo didn't know by heart and one he assumed Eatos wouldn't know. Translated he said “Spirit of the forest, creature of guidance. Come with me and follow. I wish to gain your help.” The Spirit responded to him “I will, You shall become my master.” To Eatos it would have sounded like a low growl from the creature. The hellhound bowed to Atzo and was registered to Atzo as a familiar. 
@Eatos

ID# 81195

Spoiler

Loot 15+2+1=18 (Familiar found)

Familiar

Spoiler

c6a5c81b5df7f45f6ba178e53937e0aa.jpg.50ff97b577ad0e15427203285d73d71a.jpg

Edited by Atzo

Eatos was indeed zoned out, and bumped into Atzo. Stumbling back into reality, she fell on her ass on the ground, and looked up. Why had he just stopped without warning? She pouted, dragging herself up right before she spotted it. The familiar that they'd set out to find. A thee-Headed Hound?! She blinked once, then again.

Cerberus?! Eatos, before being trapped within the game, had been studying history and so she knew her mythology well. A three-headed dog was the animal you met as you invaded Tartarus, Hades' domain. She couldn't believe what she was witnessing. A Cerberus, as she would call it, was bowing its head to Atzo. It was, his familiar now.

"You've found a Cerberus...The Three-Headed hound of Hades himself, a mythical legendary beast that is to be feared by adventures..." She, as someone who loved her history, loved her mythology. So see a small Cerberus, was something she could never do in the real world.  

Eatos seemed to know quite a bit about the creature “Indeed and her name is Kikas. You seem almost too excited.” Atzo said with a chuckle as he began to walk back to the mansion. The sun was beginning to set, odd for how little time they spent out here. It seemed like only ten minutes but time was warped by the spirit world so Atzo was not too surprised. Kikas was standing firm, walking very close to Atzo, not leaving more than five feet between them. “So, Eatos, what is your plan for the rest of the night? Want a drink? I am sure I can find some wine somewhere in the lounge, though It has been a while since I checked and I am not sure how much Raina has been drinking as of late.” Speaking of, Atzo hadn’t seen Raina in a while. It was concerning though he figure she was just on a long quest. 

@Eatos

Kikas? The name didn't sound sound familiar, however, just because the familiar was a Cerberus, didn't mean it had to have that style of name. She smiled slightly hearing him mention she was excited, something she couldn't deny.

"It's just, before, I was studying history, mythology was one of my areas of expertise. Greek mythology was one of the ones I absolutely adored, they had so many amazing stories to explain what, at the time, they couldn't comprehend...." She stopped herself from going on about the many stories and her love for history and mythology, after all, despite being close to a Cerberus, it wasn't hers. But, seeing such a beast, re-ignited a flame in her. A flame for a companion, like back home...

She hesitated slightly at his offer of a drink, and looked up. It was getting dark...and she didn't really like the idea of walking 3-something hours in the dark to get back home.

"I'd like one yes" She found herself saying "It's starting to get dark though, and, i'd rather not make the walk back to the safe zone when I can't see anything..."

Atzo listened as Eatos recounted her love of Grecian Mythology. “Indeed, and we still have a lot of those stories and explanations in society. I always found myself more of a fan of H.P Lovecraft and Cthulhu’s Mythos however. As they say, To each their own.” Once she had thought about Atzo's offer and gave him her request he smiled at her. “That is understandable, monsters spawn much more frequently as night falls. I will show you to the guest room. I hope it is up to par, I haven’t stayed in the room myself though I am sure it is fine.” The two approached the Emerald Mansion. It was a good day, Kikas had found a new owner and Atzo had learned more about who he was. He hopes he didn’t scared Eatos too much but knew if he did that she seemed to have gotten over it. He was beat, and was glad the day was over.

@Eatos

Eatos was very grateful that Atzo offered to let her stay in the guest room, after all, the mere thought of walking in the dark made her nervous, she didn't want to know what type of monsters spawned once the sun had gone down.

"I'm sure it'll be fine Atzo, i'm just really grateful you've allowed me to stay at your place for the night. Like I said, i'd really rather not walk back to the safe=zones in complete darkness..." She wasn't proud enough to admit that she'd more than likely get horribly lost. Something that, obviously, didn't appeal to anyone, especially her.

"Atzo, if I can ask...Why did you name her Kikas?" Her curiousity had finally bitten at her, and she'd asked. So many questions she had, and her curiosity demanded sating.