[PP-F11] Broaching Bridges on Bridges

At the teleportation plaza, sparkly white pixels began to dance around in thin air, signaling that a player was about to appear. Sure enough, the form of a short young woman dressed in a plain dark purple dress materialized. Green eyes blinked rapidly behind oval glasses as her eyes adjusted to the new scenery. This was her first time at the bustling trade city of Taft. Her first time at such a higher leveled floor period to be honest. She was slowly but surely mustering up the courage to venture out and gather tier two materials to be able to craft for those participating on the next floor boss battle. But despite the constant company of her familiar...she was lonely. She hadn't spent any significant time away from Lee since they had moved in together. The days of a long distance relationship were behind them. Even when they had fought before, it had never been about something so serious. She didn't know how to proceed from here. Even the maddest she had been at him before now, she had still at least somewhat forgiven him after a day. She couldn't agree with him about this. But she also didn't want to be without him. It shocked her beyond belief that this was as close to breaking up as they had ever come in their long stretching relationship. Did she really want to let it end with this? When they could die at any time? In a game of all places? Such were the things that she pondered as she wandered the streets of Taft, taking in the sights. It was beautiful, truly. She especially enjoyed the towering cathedral, appreciating the way the light hit the stained glass windows. But as she continued to walk about, she was struck with a strong familiarity that hit her like a freight train. Smiling sadly with nostalgia, she paused at a bridge over draining water, ignoring Jareth's curious looks as she opened her menu and began to write.

Private Message
TO: @Lee
Subject: remember chim chims?

Hey. I know you might not want to hear from me still. But I just wanted to write to you anyways. I miss telling you things, so I guess this is pretty selfish. But I'd like to think that you liked hearing me ramble some of the time. I visited the Monument of Life the other day. Lots of dead people. I found out how Lowenthal died. A player called Ariel killed him. So don't take any candy from anybody called Ariel. I got a few orders in for the next boss fight as well. But need Tier 2 mats to complete them. Thus why I'm on floor 11 now. It's really pretty here in Taft. I think you'd like it. Mainly because it reminds me of Mac Anu. I remember how you used to stay there for hours. They even have a fountain! I preferred the bridge. This one isn't as big or grand as Mac Anu's, but it's still relaxing. I just was wondering...hoping against hope, that you might want to go out and gather mats too. With me that is. Everybody needs mats an all... Just thought I'd ask.
Love you Lee.
~Alyssa.

The gate activated to let forth the plate armored player into the area that was on the eleventh floor, Taft. Once he arrived, he would take in a deep breath and sighed and opened up his messages and selected the latest message. He had not answered the brunette players message yet as he wasn't all that sure on how he wanted to go about doing it. Talking to someone and sending them a message had two different ways of go about it. What one would say has tone and context while a message can be taken in a completely different way. He would hit the reply button and type up his reply that way.

Private Message
TO: @Piera
Lee
Subject: RE: remember chim chims?

Hoe, you don't know nothin bout chim chims! You ain't ever saw one, have you?
But, I guess I could use some tier two materials to sell in my shop.
I'll meet you outside.

He would send the message and close off the drop down box and take in a deep breath. He hadn't a single idea on what all the floor held but so long as they kept an eye out, death shouldn't be too big of a problem. Lee would ready his shield as he would make his way to the exit of the town in wait.

Leaning against the bridge's railings, passing the time by watching the water pass under her and remembering all the times various people had either jumped or were pushed into Mac Anu's waters. Many of her fondest memories were of that town...and it wasn't even a real town! But a town in a game. Where she had first met Lee. A silly lovesick smile played about her mouth as she stared down into the stream without seeing before jumping slightly in surprise as she received a return message. Her heart raced, not having been entirely sure if she'd even get a reply, let alone this soon.

Eagerly opening it, the brunette almost immediately let out a large snort of amusement at the first line. Stomach flipping once as she saw that he was coming after all, she debated with the idea of messaging back or just waiting. She didn't want to bother him too much... Settling on the idea of waiting, the healer smiled warmly at Jareth, who let out a trill, prompting her to vigorously pet him, scratching behind his ears like he liked and softly rubbing between his eyes. "You be on your best behavior, okay mister?" The owl griffin simply twisted his head ninety degrees, eliciting a small chuckle from his owner.

Taking out a spare string that was officially dubbed the familiar's toy, Piera zipped it along the stone railings, attempting to get him to lose balance and fall off. But Jareth always used his wings to his advantage not to fall, or at least regain his footing. But he didn't always manage to catch it. One go around, the alchemist did a double take as she saw a familiar armored figure walking towards the bridge. Inwardly gathering up her courage, Piera pointed at Lee with the hand that held the string and stated, "I have so seen a Chim Chim! ...In a picture. Once. Zel showed me it, heh. Ack!"

The last exclamation was in response to Jareth making a mad grab for the dangling string, tumbling in a pounce with the ragged string in his talons. "Fine fine, have it already." She huffed with an amused and slightly exasperated sigh before her eyes flicked back up to her partner, smiling shyly and somewhat awkwardly. "Well uh....let's go then."

Leading the way out of Taft, Piera opened up her menu as she walked, equipping her Violet Dragoon armor, unequipping her Healing Heart and then also equipping a rather old item, Fang Charm. It should come in handy while she looked for materials. As soon as they left the safe zone, the alchemist kept her eyes peeled. It paid off because literally at the gates of the town's exit, she spotted a half-crushed but still perfectly usable mushroom. "Score."

ID: 81724
LD: 15+1=16
[+1 Tier 2 Material]

[Total Materials Gathered: 1]

Edited by Piera

Lee would laugh in an almost sarcastic manner as Piera spoke to him about seeing the creatures from another game. "Sure you have you dolt." He stared as her owl cat as it attacked the string that he could only assume she had been teasing it with prior to his arrival which would cause him to raise a hand up to cover his mouth from laughing out loud. As she spoke of heading out, he would nod his head in agreement but was otherwise silent about it. As they began to leave the town, Piera had equipped and unequipped different items to, from his gatherings, help her in her own finding of items.

He on the other hand was lacking in the different assortment of items and even then, he was never one for having an item for every situation. Hew as okay with having the drawbacks so long as he didn't have to change everything for the sake of a minor inconvenience. Even this little outing wasn't something he had high hopes for as he wasn't someone that was all that great at the material hunting. Piera on the other hand had more luck as she had already found on as Lee would look around to find nothing for himself "Bust."

ID: 81725
LD: 13
MAT: 0

"I have!" Piera would insist with a small chuckle, her heart nearly aching at how good it felt to joke even a little like they used to. As silence settled between the two lovers, she wondered how to bridge the gap, feeling the awkwardness intensify when she found a mat while he hadn't yet. Which was silly.... Right? ....Knowing Lee, probably not. As they walked further away from the gates, the path lead into a forest, the sounds of birds and insects surrounding them as light filtered in between the branches. Jareth casually glided between the trees, occasionally stopping to peck at something or another. Aiming to fill the air with something at least, Piera asked, "So...anything new with you? Or just the usual? [censored] bitches, make money?"

ID: 81726
LD: 4+1=5
[No Materials Found]

[Total Materials Gathered: 1]

Edited by Piera

Lee kept his attentions on most other things that was not Piera at this point, anything that moved or rustled caused him to turn his attentions toward it, regardless of how simple it was. As they made their way into the forest area, the sounds of such a place came to life more so and was indeed very...forestry. Lee would listen to Piera as she would begin to ask him question on just what it was he had been doing though he would not make any sort of direct eye contact he would answer "More along the lines of f*cking money and making bit*hes. It's a job, I'll tell yeah, paper cuts are something you have to constantly worry about." He would say as he would lean forward and pick up a fallen branch but find nothing but disappointment underneath.

As he dropped the wood, he could continue to look upward and around whilst speaking to Piera "What about yo @ss? Keeping busy in the shop bein a good lil slave girl? Masah please n what not."

ID: 81727
LD: 4
MAT: 0

Feeling as if she was being ignored, Piera did her best to ignore the fact that Lee was ignoring her. Eyes flicking about from tree to bush to Jareth to twig. At least he was talking to her she supposed. The corner of her mouth twitched upwards in amusement at his reply. "Goodness, think of the children. Just what we need, a whole 'nother generation of b****s. This is why you need me to stick around. Turnin' into a cutter. I can heal you right up though." She did a halfhearted cutesey peace sign.

Glancing back towards the armored man as he asked what she'd been up to, his phrasing caused her expression to go blank and slightly pale, eyes shifting away as she replied shakily, "Something like that..." Picking up her pace slightly in an effort to not show how much she was affected, Piera walked right into a low hanging branch, a cluster of oddly shaped fruit falling into her arms. It smelled....unique, but seemed to be a viable material, so she inventoried it. A part of her wanted to argue with him, ask why he had to use that exact phrasing, if he did it just to try and antagonize her, but the larger part just didn't want to fight anymore.

ID: 81730
LD: 20+1=21
[+1 Tier 2 Material]

[Total Materials Gathered: 2]

Edited by Piera

"I am thinking of the children. And selling them. For a lot more money." He would reply as he continued to look around, peeking behind trees and pulling open bushes. As she spoke of sticking around in order to heal him from said cuts, he would mumble something under his breath that would be inaudible. Though as she gave a peace sign, he would glance at it just long enough to see her general direction and would reply with a raised arm and a raised middle finger to counter her peace. It wasn't really out of hate but more just how he was.

As she would then continue that she was in fact doing something of the sort to which he would reply as he would place his foot against a log and roll it over "Man, it sucks being right all the time, a true burden to be sure." He would smile a bit as he would reach down and take hold of a material and drop it into his inventory while continuing "Because, you know, I am. Right. Not the direction but in judgement. Me being right."

ID: 81732
LD: 18
MAT: 0+1= 1

Despite the fact that she at least a little bit wanted to be mad at Lee, Piera snorted at his rebuttal about the children. "Don't forget to save us a cute lil asian girl." She thought that he might have said something else, but it might have just been the ambient noise of the forest. Jareth swooped down onto her shoulder with something in his beak. "What's that pretty boy?" The owl griffin then swallowed whatever it was whole, causing her to exclaim softly in disbelief. "You shoo. Rude." Wiggling her shoulder up and down to cause him to take flight once more.

Brow furrowing in confusion and mild annoyance at Lee's rambling, the alchemist let him finish before asking pointedly with an exasperated shake of her head, "What are you talking about?" Him saying he was always right wasn't exactly anything new so it was hard to know what he was even talking about.

ID: 81740
LD: 13+1=14
[No Materials Found]

Edited by Piera

The armored player would move his hands to his hips as he looked around, wondering just where would be the best place for a material to be found. It would be great to find some sort of horde. That would surely be something to rub in plenty of peoples faces because surely that is the entire point of having things that others do not. Piera would proclaim that she didn't hear anything that he had said to which he would comment "Oh bish, you know what I said. My voice is like that of an angel's. You can't possibly hope to ignore that sh*t!" He would raise himself into a straightened posture and close his eyes whilst brushing the hair on his forehead back in that holier than thou manner. He would let his other hand go to rest on his hip and let his his waist pop out to the side just a bit in a very feminine manner so that the full effect of his dramatization was brought into a full effect and could not possibly be ignored.

ID: 81743
LD: 1
MAT: 1+0= 1

Edited by Lee

Not able to contain her eye roll at Lee's typical spiel, Piera turned her face away, acting like she was just looking for what they came out here for. But it was hard to ignore the fantastical body language, supplying some amusement for the alchemist. "Yes dear." She supplied automatically with a small smile playing about her mouth before it dropped. "But that wasn't what I was asking. I know what you said, not what you meant. Wh-Ow." The leg of a unknown creature fell on her head, causing her to make an unpleasant face as she looked up at Jareth who was perched in a branch above, looking rather pleased with himself. "Thanks?" She called up at him, inventorying the new material. "Anyways," Piera restarted, "What are you right about this time?"

ID: 81740
LD: 18+1=19
[+1 Tier 2 Material]

Edited by Piera

During Lee's pose looking upward, he would open an eye and take note of something on the side of a tree. He would open his eyes and reach out to pull a material from a small wedge in the tree and smile as he was actually having some sort of luck. It wasn't the best but it sure was better than a whole bunch of dead weight everywhere he went. Piera had been going on about something and he was able to turn around just in time to see something land on her head to which he would shoot a hand to cover his mouth and turn to the side to look away. He would take in a deep breath to recompose himself and then look back to her as she spoke of what it was he was right about to which he would reply "I dunno. Whatever happens to be the answer that I give at the point in time of which I give it. Simple and clean."

ID: 81745
LD: 18
MAT: 1+1= 2

Throwing her hands up in the air at Lee's response, the brunette declared, "You know what'd be simple and clean? You freaking answering the question!"  Feeling anger starting to bubble to a boil inside her, Piera let out a shaky exhale, making a sharp left off of the path and into the brush, somehow making looking for materials into an aggressive sport. Her head whipped to and fro as she scanned the ground for anything and knelt down when she saw a patch of fungus growing at the base of a tree.

Snatching one of them up, she inventoried it before demanding somewhat out of the blue, "Would you be this adamant against me joining the frontlines if I were level sixty or higher? I can understand that you don't want me to risk my life. But if you don't think I can do it....that's what makes me mad. That you don't have any confidence in me. That you're always trying to put me and my abilities down."

....Well that certainly happened. To be honest, Piera was a little surprised at herself for the outburst, and as she stopped in the middle of the forest, she rather looked it too, half regretting it and yet half relieved that she had said it. Expression twisting into a melancholy frown, the alchemist added softly. "I'm sorry. I don't want to fight. I just want to talk. We used to talk calmly about whatever we're fighting about. I miss that. I miss you."

ID: 81782
LD: 16+1=17
[+1 Tier 2 Material]

[Total Materials Gathered: 3]

Edited by Piera

Lee would flick his wrist up into the air as if he were to shoo her away at her comment about being straight forward "Like, as if Gah." He would continue to look around in an attempt to find more materials for himself but to no avail. Then, she would bring up about being against her joining the front lines if she were a higher level. He would feel a ping of anger spike which felt like it could make a physical tumor in his temple. He would straighten his posture and move a hand to rub the side of his head as if to try and quell the coming rage against the four-eyed gremlin.

Lee would then move his attentions toward the girl and hold his hands vertical to the sides of his face and would then move them back and forward in her direction "You dense motherf*ker." He would let his hands then drop down to his sides "It doesn't have anything to do with your level, your abilities or what people may or may not think. You want to play hopscotch with death and I know that I'm going to sound like a di*k but you and I both know I don't care bout that."

He would pause as he would put his hands onto his hips "If you die, If I die, nothing changes in the grand scheme of things. That would be two less people in the game and it wouldn't be any closer to being finished. You want to make items, by all means, go for it. It hasn't hurt you so far. But if you decide to go onto the front lines, I will too and we'll see just how long we last because the way things are going, that seems like the only way you'll understand when we are jumping closer to that ledge together.."

ID: 81805
LD: 12
MAT: 0+2= 2

Despite her anger, at Lee's over the top motions and annoyed expression, Piera couldn't help but chuckle a little. Seeing he was on a roll, the alchemist cocked a hip and folded her arms to listen to him. 'Hopscotch with death', really and he thought she was dramatic... Her brow furrowed in confusion and annoyance when he made it seem like either of them dying wasn't anything. When he ended his argument, she waited, not thinking he was really done, but apparently (judging by the look and the continued silence)...he was. Eyebrows raising in incredulity, her arms stretched out to either side as the brunette exclaimed, "Good! I know you'll be a great player when you put your mind to it. If we stick together and grind to get high enough level and have each other's backs, I know we'll be able to make it out alive together!" She was starting to get a little excited and yet still fairly wary because it was starting to sound like he was agreeing with her... "So...you're for this? Grinding, getting higher level and joining the frontlines together?" Her voice was plain, without any emotional inflection, but her expression was tentatively hopeful as she noted a nut hanging from a branch and rolled it in her fingers while she awaited Lee's reply.

ID: 82046
LD: 16+1=17
[+1 Tier 2 Material]

[Total Materials Gathered: 4]

Edited by Piera

Lee would take in a deep breath and exhale as he would shake his head "I don't want to put my mind to anything. It's nasty and gooey and you never know where its been." He would say in a manner that sounded serious but she would surely know his joking tone. He would open as eye to look at her reaction to see that she seemed enjoyed that he had a change of heart. Though, he couldn't have that for long as he would continue "Now, note the wording there. We woman, we as in plural, as in no you out there without the me." He would point at her with an armored finger "You got what you want but I ain't gettin gypped out of this deal either so you gonna have to bite it hoe." He would let his eyes wonder off to the side as he thought he saw something but it turned out to be just a twig. "This don't mean you won nothin, just eff why eye."

ID: 82047
LD: 8
MAT: 0+2= 2

Piera's mouth quirked in a lopsided smile at the scruffy man's joke, though when he looked at her, she tried to school her face into a more neutral expression, not wanting to look too happy...or displeased...or anything really for fear he'd change his mind. Focusing on what he was saying, the alchemist frowned slightly, trying to understand and work out his wording. It was getting harder and harder to keep the corners of her mouth from turning up a little.

Raising a hand slightly with a single held up index finger, the brunette waited for his acknowledgement before asking, "When you say no going 'out there' without you, do you mean the front lines, or do you mean at all ever? Cuz I gotta say, sometimes I enjoy taking a stroll on my own, or doing some grinding with a friend... But...." Her tone turned serious as she met her lover's eyes, taking a step closer as she said, "If you're serious about this... Then I promise not to go on the front lines without you by my side." 

Allowing herself a small smile, Piera attempted to link their armored fingers as she asked, "I didn't even win a smooch?"

ID: 82150
LD: 7+1=8
[No Materials Found]

Edited by Piera

Lee could notice in the body language alone that she was aiming to try and contain her overall excitement in the minor victory. She would aim to ask clarification when it came to how he said going out so he would take a deep breath and exhaled in an overly dramatic manner "I mean ever. Never ever ever never ever never never ever ever ever never ever....never....ever." He would wait for more than a standard moment before glancing down and walking over and reaching down to pick up a material whilst continuing

"Nah, you can go out and do whatever you want...sometimes. I don't care if you do things with friends, by all means. But the front lines themselves are a solid no-go without me with you, attached the the hip plate. Grind all you want so long as it is safe grinding with safe people." He would straighten his posture as she moved closer he would let the fingers intertwine and when she asked for a kiss he would throw his free arm up "Oh, My, God. You're killin' me here." He would lean down just slightly till their lips met though he couldn't help but laugh as he tended to do but he aimed to force his lips closed so she wouldn't be kissing his teeth."

ID: 82151
LD: 16
MAT: 1+2=3

Nearly imperceptibly (but not to the man she'd been with for six years straight), Piera's expression became a bit more dimmed at his first declaration. But when he continued on and on insistently, she couldn't hold back the brightness of her smile, letting out a giggle. "Never ever ever?" She asked insistently, following as he walked to pick up a material he'd spotted.

Her smile would become softer and more content as he stated for clarification that she could still go out without her as long as they joined the frontlines together. Nodding firmly in agreement, the healer would squeeze his armored hand slightly. Giggling at his dramatic exasperation at her wish for a kiss, Piera would stretch up onto her toes, trying to smother the building laugh as she saw Lee try not to grin and thus give her a teeth filled kiss. They somehow managed the kiss eventually as they always did, with much chuckling and some smooching. Hand still joined with his, the brunette sighed in contentment. "We've certainly got our work cut out for us, hm? We should probably get better gear... Oh..." A thought occurred to her, causing the alchemist to frown. "Though that'll cut into our house savings..."

ID: 82156
LD: 6+1=7
[No Materials Found]

Edited by Piera

The plate armored player would let his stomach convulse as he aimed to keep the laughter at bay and locked away in his stomach. This happened more than once in his life and it was sure to continue further more in the future without stop. He would move himself back slightly as she would speak of the never ever and he would nod his head "Ever never ever." He would smile widely as he would raise his free hand up and flick the bottom of his chin as she would speak about having the work ahead of them to be challenging. "Pft, for you maybe, I'm like a savant so it's gonna be easy sailin for me so speak fo yo self." Lee would then look off to the side as they moved forward together and a material would catch his sight as he would lean down and take hold of it as she would take a more worried tone and speak about getting gear and having to cut into the house they were aiming to get.

As he took hold of the material and would straighten his posture once more, he would examine it as he would simply state "Oh, I got us one already." He would then drop the material into his inventory with the others he had acquired.

ID: 82157
LD: 17
MAT: 1+3=4