[PP-F2] Conjuring Plans and Setting the Foundations -Floofy and Myself- <<Earning a Living>>

A clean slate.  That's what was given to him to work with.  A player who was at ground zero on both the levels of stats, physical strength, and intelligence.  He had the perfect chance here and he could not screw this up.  He had thought about it and, as he nearly always did, decided that he was going to start slow with this girl.  Until she was shaped into a strong player in physical attributes and mind, he would refer to her as a girl, because while she looked the age of someone around his age, she acted and spoke completely different.  He decided that he'd start with the basics in regards to her.  He'd explain the game's mechanics and such but before she left he'd need to establish the safety protocol in her.  He'd need to tell her that some things he shared she could not share with others and give her a glimpse, the tip of the iceberg so to speak, as to why she could not.  After that he could worry less about her slipping information to others.  He'd also give her a list of players he'd want her to be wary of.  Domarus stood there in his casual clothes, his ax, Ψυχή ζητών, or Soul seeker in english, lay against the tree he himself was leaning against.  The weapon was mainly to scare off any mobs or use it against them if necessary.  Keres sat by another tree keeping her eye out for materials while Rhozarth sat on a branch up high.  Domarus paused his thoughts and spotted a large chunk of ore.  Porvós saw him gesture and slithered over to collect it.  She had most certainly received the message he sent her by now.

ID#  81789  LD:  14+3=17  +1 MAT  1 total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Sakoda was sitting at a table, eating a slice of bread nearby. As she ate, she read up on the basics of the game. She finally learned how to increase her level, and was now at level 6. However, she still hadn't allocated any SP into skills yet, as she wasn't sure how to start becoming her "supporting-assassin". She planned to get Domarus' input on it, once she felt that she was comfortable with the games systems. Taking another bite of her bread, she began to wonder what Domarus even had planned for her, now that she was his apprentice. He would probably have her complete the rest of the starter quests, to get her going and to increase her level further, but she couldn't be sure. To be fair, it was a reasonable guess. Looking up from her studies, she watched as Porvos brought a chunk of ore over to Domarus, and wondered to herself if she just didn't see these things because of her level, or because of her attention span.

Domarus was still thinking about the process when Keres spotted Sakoda approaching.  She walked over to Domarus and his attention started with Keres, then spotted his...  Apprentice.  He still wasn't sure how he felt about training the girl as he felt it was best left to others.  However if she was trained by him, she'd be stronger than anyone else in the mental aspect.  However he would not train her in the ways of deception or teach her what he knew about the world as it truly was.  At least not any time soon.  He still needed to see her progress to decide.
     "Hello Sakoda.  Are you ready for your first day of training?"  He decided to start with a quest known as earning a living so that she could get her profession, gain experience, as well as do a peaceful quest which Domarus could tutor her.  Not in combat just yet, he'd get some philosophical work done first so that he could ensure she'd stay on his side and not change if someone else talked to her.  He pushed off from the tree and walked over.  "Have you heard of a quest titled Earning a living?  I would suggest you do that quest so that we can be thoroughly productive.  There is no combat with the quest so we have the freedom to go about the lessons as we see fit."  He spotted another ore that was lying in the ground and tore it out, inserting it in his inventory.  He turned to Sakoda.  The girl had a long way to go, but again she had the potential.  He needed to get started.

ID#  81871  LD:  16  +1  2 MAT total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"Yes sir. I was actually thinking about starting the quest soon anyways. I'm hoping that there's some kind of like.. Familiar/Pet Store Owner or something" she chuckled. "Although, thats rather unlikely, so I'm thinking about being an Info Broker. What are your thoughts on it?" With Domarus' knowledge likely exceeding her own, she wanted to know if there was something that she missed that would benefit her when deciding her living. Even if she couldn't deal with Familiars, she would continue her research on them regardless of the job she ends up with. As she waited for Domarus to respond to her, she opened up the quest list and looked at the details for Earning a Living. "Seems like a pretty easy quest.." She said to herself. Reading further details, she wondered how Domarus would train her while she undertook the quests tasks.

Domarus listened to her respond, about familiar store, as well as being an info broker.  It was a reminder as to how little she knew of this game.  This might take a while he thought.  He shook his head.

"No, that's not how it works.  The quest unlocks one of the pre set professions that exist in Aincrad.  The list of professions are blacksmith, tailor, alchemist, artisan, cook, performer, and merchant.  Blacksmiths can craft heavy armor and weapons.  Tailor's craft light armor, plushes and one or two other things I believe.  Alchemists create buff potions and crystals.  Artisans, which is what I am, can craft trinkets, charms, and projects that have a variety of benefits.  Cooks can craft food buffs.  Performers can craft debuffs and merchants can buy or sell items, as well as appraise them.  Fishermen are a waste of time.  Info brokers aren't a profession, it's something other players do, mainly beta testers, in order to gather some decent col.  If you want to be an info broker you need to keep your eyes an ears open for information that players may or may not need, including updates, boss info, or other things of the sort."  He would end there unless she had any questions about any of the professions.  He wasn't kidding about fishermen being useless.  The profession was far too difficult to handle and the buffs could be found in other professions anyways.  Domarus had chosen Artisan because there weren't many at all in Aincrad anymore.  In fact, his only competition had disappeared recently making him the only artisan around.  He was stocking up on materials in case another customer came by, but until they did Domarus would stack up on materials until there was enough for him to start crafting again.  He needed to get creative so that more players would visit his shop.  Part of the creativity was that he would do tattoos as well.  For now however he'd need to return his attention to Sakoda and see if she could understand the information he had just provided her.  

ID#  81877  LD:  3+3=6  2 MAT total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

As she listened, she nodded. It seems she would need to get creative with her aspirations. Until then she needed to figure out which of the listed jobs she wanted to undertake. Likely, Tailor or Alchemist would benefit her the most. However, if she chose to be a Blacksmith, Chef, or Performer, she could trade the things she creates for light armor and potions, and crystals too. Closing her eyes to think, she hummed softly to herself. "What would you think I should choose, Domarus sir?" Currently, she leaded towards Alchemist. The items that she would make would be far more disposable, and as such she would need plenty of them, but as a Tailor she would be able to constantly have the best armor that she needs. To her, it was a rather tricky choice to make.

He was satisfied to hear that she did not ask for more details on any of the professions.  She seemed to get enough from the little he shared.  Her next question of course was which he would suggest.

"That would depend on why you want the profession.  If it's just to get col then I would make an attempt to find a profession that is very much needed and then choose that one.  If you want to create items for yourself I suggest getting a profession that includes commonly needed consumables.  Alchemist would be the ideal for the secondary one, and I'm not sure about the first option.  There is something you should know however.  Players nearly ever ask for good quality items, or uncommon ones.  They will always ask for perfect and on the odd occasion a rare item.  If you ever get good or uncommon quality I would sell them to a merchant."  Now that professions were out of the way it was time to get to the real business.  He needed to set the foundations that would keep her linked to him at all times.  

"Now Sakoda.  I have observed, and I think you have too, that you aren't the best at determining the right way to go about things.  I'm here to tell you that there are plenty of players out there who will try to make you believe that everything you've been taught is wrong and to follow them blindly.  You'll need to find early on, someone you can trust more than anyone else.  Whether it be me or someone else, you must find someone and trust them no matter what.  Over time you'll grow smarter and will be able to discern things for yourself, but until then that is the first thing I ask of you."  While it was true he was doing this to Sakoda, he honestly did believe that the knowledge he carried was the truth.  Whether the truth was nice or evil didn't matter.  All that mattered was that his eyes were opened, and he needed to gain her trust in order to seal the link between the two.  

ID#  81880  LD:  4+3=7  2 MAT total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Sakoda nodded. "Yes sir, I trust you." As far as Sakoda knew, there was no reason to believe Domarus would manipulate her for wrongdoing. She fully believed Domarus had her best interests in mind, even though in truth he planned to make her share his interests in the end. "I think I'll become an Alchemist, sir. What do you think?" Sakoda had started getting the habit of asking Domarus his opinion before making choices, it would appear. She really did seem to believe that Domarus knew what was best for her, and she wanted as much help as she could get from him. After all, she didn't know how long he would be here to help her improve, and she needed all the input she could get from him. Maybe if she was lucky, he would lead her all the way to the front lines. Heh, wishful thinking, anyways. She'd be lucky to survive to floor 10.

Edited by Floofy

Sakoda may have put her trust in him, but even that wouldn't be enough he knew.  He needed to make it absolutely clear how far she had to go.  The consequences were her being a weak link in the chain that other's could discover and target.  And he did not want to have to keep her watched and protected this entire trip through Aincrad.  He nodded to her.
     "Good.  Then when another player tells you something that you're not sure aligns with what I have told you, you come to me and talk to me about it."  Knowing this time instead of wondering that she would listen and obey his words, he thought it best to move on.  However it seemed Sakoda had other ideas entirely.  She seemed inclined to focus and remain on the topic of professions.  If she had just been asking for more info he'd be fine, but she wasn't.  Instead she was asking him what he thought she should do.  While this was good in the sense that she would clearly come to him about nearly everything, she needed to be independent to some extent.  He wasn't a babysitter after all.  However he really didn't have a choice here.

"Again that would depend on if you'd rather have col or free potions.  If you're asking me if Alchemist is a better choice than the other professions that craft consumables, all I can tell you is that potions are the most commonly used items in the game.  On a side note, just so you don't get confused about familiars any more, how to get one is by completing a quest.  It's title is feeding the enemy, as you have to find a monster, a hostile entity, and persuade it to become your ally.  Once you have then it will serve you.  There are pathetic familiars with no enhancements, or mobs that just follow you around, and there are familiars who have enhancements.  Rhozarth here is excellent at combat due to his damage enhancement."  Rhozarth looked at Sakoda with a fiery gaze, temporarily showing her his desire for combat.  Indeed Rhozarth was vicious in combat and showed no mercy to his enemies.  Much like Domarus actually.  The difference was that Rhozarth could only have the damage enhancement.  Domarus had equipment that provided accuracy, defense and thorns.  He'd need to visit a merchant soon to add an additional enhancement to one of his armor pieces actually.  

ID#  81963  LD:  9+3=12  2 MAT total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Sakoda nodded as he explained to her about jobs and familiars. "I'll do Alchemy then. Potions being commonly used means people will often need them." She nodded again to herself. She started to wonder what a good familiar would be for her, but decided not to dwell on it too much. She would cross that bridge when she got there, after all. "Alright, so what do I gotta do to start my job as an alchemist? Gather materials?  Apply for the job?  Slay a specific monster?" She asked several more possibilities, clearly eager to start. She didn't know why, but she felt like Domarus could help her with anything, and she felt so comfortable asking him questions. Maybe due in part because he saved her life, or maybe just because she was so bubbly today. Either way, she had plenty of questions and she hoped he had just as many answers for her.

Edited by Floofy

OOC- Do not forget to write 150 words in total.  If you're drawing a blank don't try forcing it.  I'm patient.  Otherwise staff will just make you edit it later.

Domarus listened as Sakoda mentioned how she'd choose to be an alchemist after all.  Perhaps he could have Keres do this quest later on, talking with Sakoda while he fought monsters for col.  It would certainly work out.  Especially since Keres intended to become an alchemist anyways.  Keres wanted to make the mind affecting potions that Mari had made.  However it would take a long while before she would be able to do such a thing.  She'd need to get used to mastering the many thousands of ingredients and discovering what they all were capable of.  Perhaps Sakoda and Keres working together might speed up the learning process.  Possibly.  Regardless it was possible they could assist each other.
     "Very well then.  Keres has been wanting to become an alchemist as well so perhaps you could help her get the profession soon after this.  It would be a good time for the two of you to talk together while I fight some monsters."  When she asked what she had to do to achieve the profession he was not annoyed.  This question was actually normal to ask and it made sense to ask it.  Most likely she just hit the accept button and that was that.
     "There is no actual requirement.  It's just a time limit.  I'd suggest gathering materials whenever you can so you can keep up with orders.  Each time you take this quest you'll get additional materials after it closes.  Materials are important for crafting as well as purchasing items so be sure to collect as much as you can, when you can."  

ID#  82092  LD:  9+3=12  2 MAT total  @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

She nodded, realizing that's why he was always gathering materials from his familiar. Honestly, she thought it was just because he had OCD or something, and didn't like out-of-place items. Now that she thought about it though, that made little sense and she felt silly for using that as reasoning. "I would love to do alchemy with Keres! We can help each other out and everything too!" Sakoda's eyes beamed with excitement at the prospect of having a partner to work with. She couldn't even begin to imagine the kinds of potions the two of them can create together, and the potential that they had would greatly benefit Domarus once they were properly trained. She even began to generate ideas for some potions that she could create. Outside of the standard healing potions and buffing potions, she could make nearly anything her heart desired. Poisons, drugs, you name it! Oddly, harmful potions came to her mind first before anything...

OOC: How do you check your word count @Domarus

Edited by Floofy

OOC- Use this:  https://wordcounter.net  I myself don't actually need one as I can eye the text and tell if I need more or not, heh heh

Sakoda mentioned how she would love to practice alchemy with Keres which of course would help her find out the effects of different alchemical ingredients far more swiftly.  It would also give Keres a way to speak with Sakoda in a far more relaxed mode since she wouldn't be around Domarus whom she called her tutor.  Students were always more relaxed away from the teachers.  Even the ones who weren't afraid of them.  Being around someone who taught you had a sense of aura that added a level of tension, the level depending on the two individual personalities.  Domarus nodded to her response.
     "Very well then.  After this we can get Keres set up on earning a living and get her the alchemy profession as well.  After that you two can investigate plants and other things in order to determine what is best for what potions.  While you two gather I can take down a few mobs and gather col."  Domarus had built all his stats all his gear for the single purpose of obliterating his opponent.  He would not stop here either.  He wouldn't stop until every bonus to damage was his, until he was one of the strongest, needed to the point where others could never afford to just remove him because they disliked him.  He would become far too important for the advancement of the front lines.  His thoughts shifted to the players whom everyone hated and yet they were too strong to ignore.  Teayre with her list of murders made, and her apparent bloodlust.  Yet somehow the man she married could keep her on a leash.  Players didn't trust her but they trusted Calrex.  Ariel, the rebel who only cares about herself.  Or at least, herself and that person she was with at the dance.  However her power was also too important.  Domarus would be different than them.  He would be important and friendly, at least outwardly.  Important in combat and in discussions.

"Sakoda there is something I must know if you are to continue being my apprentice.  Besides wanting to get stronger, what is your motivation to do anything in this world?  Why get stronger and why fight?  You could easily have fun rather than fight and spend time with friends."

ID#  82242  LD:  11+3=14  @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"My motivation?" She tilted her head. She hadn't really thought about it, but strangely enough she had an answer. "You would think it's because I want to go back as soon as I can, right? But I don't. I disliked my life in the real world. I was overlooked, unnoticed. Nobody cared for me until my obsession with this game began. Here, I can start over. I can be a stronger person. I can show everyone that I am not just another girl in the world. That if I wanted, I could kill my worst enemy!" As she said that, Domarus noticed what appeared to be a sign of possible blood-lust glinting in her eyes. As soon as it appeared that, it was gone. Was it even there at all? How deep did this girls personality truly go? "I want to be an assassin to show that if you overlook me like you do in the real world, you'll regret it. I want to be a support to show that I'm not cold, that I can be helpful. I'll watch your back when you need it." She looked up at Domarus with the same determination that she showed after their first quest together. "That is my motivation. That is why I fight.That is why I will become stronger." It was like a whole different person was talking now. The cheerful and bubbly attitude seemed to have vanished, replaced by ferocity and what seemed to be... something else.

@Domarus

She seemed to have been surprised at the answer but what was shocking for Domarus was that she was able to give an answer not long after she had to think about it.  As she had explained that she disliked her life in the real world he knew he could use that to his advantage.  Players who had nothing to live for in the real world could be given a purpose in the game yes, but what then?  Domarus could provide with purpose after they've escaped.  However she then went into greater detail.  She shared how she was completely overlooked, how nobody paid attention to her on any level, and how they never did until she revealed an obsession with games.  So she was solo until she finally gave in and tried to become one of the popular kids.  She mentioned how she could be strong in this game and possibly take down her enemy.  Domarus noticed something different in her eyes that was only a brief flash.  He wasn't sure if it was bloodlust or determination.  If it was bloodlust he'd need to quell it or at least help her cap it, if she even knew about it at least.  Regardless it showed him what he had to work with.  He listened to her summary and watched the change in her appearance.
     "......Very well then.  I'll make you strong you can guarantee that.  However I'll make you strong in many more ways than simple stats.  If you follow the right course, you'll learn far more than any other man does."  Porvós slithered around until he found yet another large ore with gems inside.  The flaming snake opened it's jaw enough to grab the material and moved over to Domarus, handing him the ore.  Knowledge was extremely powerful and potent.  If he trained her wrong she could destroy everything he was working towards.  If he trained her accurately then she would advance his pace and become a powerful ally.  He could only wonder which path she would end up taking.  If she took the wrong path...

ID#  82406  LD:  17  +1 MAT  3 total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

A long silence passed between the two of them before Sakoda finally broke it with a cheerful laugh and asked "Are you hungry? I bet I could get you a meal somewhere, if you'd like!" Opening her menu, she examined how much Col she had. It wasn't a lot, but surely it would be enough to get them both something to eat. If not, she could always just resort to the free bread. Assuming, of course, that Domarus wasn't shy about making her provide dinner for them. Given how he treated her, however, she could guess that he wouldn't mind paying for food, or even just going without. Had she even seen him eat since meeting? Thinking about it, she was pretty sure she hadn't. Even while learning more about how the game actually controlled, he hadn't been eating.. Had he? Was she so focused on her studies that she payed no attention to it? Was she putting too much thought into all of this? Most likely.

Domarus actually hadn't noticed that there was a silence going on between them.  He was so accustom to working alone that he had time to think to himself for long periods of time.  There were many times where he preferred silence to talking anyways.  However when she broke the silence again he realized that if he was going to have an apprentice he may as well accept the fact that he wouldn't have much silence at all.  It seemed as well that she wasn't thinking much about gathering materials, or else she'd have chosen to stay here and gather some more.  Regardless his main objective was to set the foundations for her so obviously he was going to accept.  However whether or not she could pay for it was another thing entirely.  He grinned to her on her comment.
     "Oh?  I usually like to enjoy the grander foods if you think you're up for it.  However you don't need to feel the need to pay for anything.  I can handle the price if you wish, you need only ask.  Speaking of which I believe I'll lend you a loan."  As he opened his menu he wanted to see her reaction.  He needed this girl to get proper equipment so that she wouldn't be so fragile.  Giving her col to borrow would allow her to get the equipment faster, and enable her to purchase equipment.  She could pay him back at a later date.  
     "With this you should be able to purchase at least two perfect items.  Unless players have raised their prices but I doubt it.  If they have just ask for some more, you can pay it back over time."  After opening his inventory he sent three thousand col to her.
     "Without enhanced gear you're bound to die in this world, so it's important that you get it early on."  He turned to Keres and the two familiars and gave a sharp whistle.  They noticed and came right over.

"We're going to take a break and get something to eat."  

@Floofy

At first, Sakoda was shocked at his offer, but she soon figured out that as her mentor, he would want her to be properly armed. "Thank you sir! But how do I go about buying items? And what should I be looking to get, in terms of buffs and stats?" She tried to get a look at just how much Col he would lend to her. She would probably need a better weapon, and maybe an amulet or other piece of jewelry. Of course, it all depended on how much he would give her for the items. She didn't expect too much. Enough to just get a higher leveled item or two, surely. If she was calculated with her spending, she could even use some of it for their dinner! After all, it would be expected of her to spend as much as she could, as she would be repaying him later. 

As he expected she was overwhelmed with complete shock and surprise that he'd give her that much would have definitely be unexpected.  Of course he didn't really care if she was shocked or surprised so long as it wasn't in a critical moment.  Unless it was necessary for her to be.  For now he just wished to focus on the task at hand.  She asked him what he'd recommend for where to go, what equipment to get and what enhancements.  

"As for where to go there are player's shops all over the floors.  Mine happens to be on the first floor.  I'm an artisan.  I'd look into the many enhancements yourself and figure out what interests you the most.  If you're going for an assassin build then damage and accuracy will be your first priority.  You can get damage on your weapon, and accuracy on either armor or an artisan item.  However I'd also suggest getting an evasion item as well which can be crafted into light armor or artisan items as well.  Once you have those then you should be good for a while."  Getting items was fairly easy, but once she went out to get a familiar he'd need to explain it's enhancements more, as well as how valuable it truly was.  Familiars were able to give an additional three slots of enhancements that once tamed is set and cannot be changed unless the familiar is killed and replaced.  Domarus' was a fighter, so it provided three times tier damage for Domarus everywhere he went.  Perfect for a dps.  That actually reminded him of something.
      "And you can only have three slots of each enhancement.  Unless you get a demonic weapon, which has four slots on it, you can only have three of one stat.  For example, you cannot have three evasion on one item, and three evasion on another and then add them together to make six.  One would cancel the other out and you'd only have three evasion.  Understand?"  

ID#  82477  LD:  5+3=8  @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Sakoda nodded. "Do you have anything I could use in your shop?" If he did,  it would save her some time from having to look at other player stores and trying to figure out what would be good for her to use. "Oh, I just remembered! I have some skill points from leveling up. Should I put them into anything or should I hold onto them until I level up more? I also want to ask you about the kinds of weapons that would work best for me. Should I stick with spears or work into something else?" When she first started the game, she thought about using Curved Swords, but eventually settled on Spears. Now with Domarus teaching her, she wanted to know if there was a better option for her to use and if she had been handicapping herself this whole time. She truly would feel like an idiot if that were the case.

Edited by Floofy