[PP-F2] Conjuring Plans and Setting the Foundations -Floofy and Myself- <<Earning a Living>>

The player asked him a question that he had surprisingly not thought of yet.  Why he hadn't come up with it earlier was a question he'd need to think about over time.  For now he needed to think about his options.  He hated to just give items away.  She'd need to buy a perfect at some point.  However....  She could rent a rare for free until he crafted a perfect she could purchase.  Seeing as how he had an order that still needed to be crafted he'd need to get that out of the way.  Then her order would be next.  Normally a rent would cost col with each day it was missing, but he'd need to appear like he cared and so he wouldn't charge her for rent.

"I can't let you just take a perfect item but you can rent any item I have in the storage.  And seeing as how you're my apprentice I'll let you rent them with no charge.  You'll still need to place an order for a perfect item and pay through col or materials after it's crafted, but with a rare item you'll be able to use something while waiting for the perfect."  While he was certain she wouldn't be ready for the Essence of steel quest he needed to keep her from hearing about it until he crafted the perfect item.  Once he did she'd pay him up.  If she hit the quest she'd get an item that...  Well it wouldn't be good for Domarus if she got the item before he crafted whatever she asked for.  She asked him what weapon she should go for and he sighed.  It seemed she was insisting on getting another weapon skill.  
     "All players, even non dps should always start by maxing out their sword skills, so put all of your skill points in there first.  Other than that, you'll want to find a sword skill that works for you.  Certain weapons are better for some purposes while others serve differently.  Some weapons deal nothing but raw damage.  Other's specialize in AoE.  Some have more stun than most.  Dagger from what I heard simply has less energy cost but poor damage.  Two handed weapons have a damage increase but you can't use a shield.  Not that I care that is.  You need to decide whether you're interested in one handed or two handed, then decide after that if you want AoE, damage or stun based tactics."  Porvós grabbed another ore on their way to town and gave it to Domarus.  The gathering process was boring but Domarus wasn't doing this for entertainment.

ID#  82482  LD:  19  +1 MAT  4 Total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"I see, I see... So what item would you lend to me? And how long can I use it?" A thought occurred to her that she was asking a lot of questions, causing her to blush "Sorry, I'm sure Im asking a ton of questions that you'd really rather not answer.. Heck, I'm sure you'd rather be on the frontlines instead of down here helping a new player get her footing." As she stated this, she looked up at the sky, as if seeing the floors above them. "What's it like up there, anyways? Does it get darker and more sinister? I want to see it all for myself, one day..." She got quiet as she got lost in thought, seeming to forget herself and her surroundings as she daydreamed. She wanted to get stronger quickly, so she could see it all. So she could be useful. It was her goal.

@Domarus

Edited by Floofy

It would seem that Sakoda had remained a bit more calm after explaining this part.  When she asked what she could borrow he blinked.  Had she not been listening to what he had been explaining?
     "I told you that whatever I had stored in my shop you can rent out.  There are enhancements for loot chance, accuracy, evasion, rank increasing, etc.  Just pick anything in storage and you can use it until you no longer need it or really use it.  If you choose an uncommon item over a rare for some reason take it.  I don't need any of that junk."  Then she mentioned that she was sorry for asking him questions he'd rather not answer.  This showed her just how naive she was as none of the questions she asked would have shaken him.  He didn't really have to lie to her just yet.  This was obviously because she didn't know what answers she should be asking to start with.  And her comment on being on the front lines.
     "Nothing you've asked me has been that much of a bother.  And as for the front lines I'm nowhere near prepared for that.  I'd need to double my level to hit there.  No I've simply been grinding levels down on these floors and doing quests when I can.  The highest I've been is floor ten.  And from what I can tell, as we ascend through the floors it will randomize.  Sometimes it will be dark, other times it will have an elegant and beautiful appearance.  Just don't let appearances deceive you."  That's when he noticed that the woman had begun to daydream.  He mentally sighed.  This woman was near hopeless.  Domarus could think and process his thoughts while focusing on his surroundings as well.  He had practiced it for years.  This girl however didn't seem to be able to focus long enough on the task at hand.  Or a discussion for that matter.  

ID#  82547  LD:  1  4 total  @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

She blinked as she came back to reality, blushing deeply with embarrassment "Hehe, whoops..." Sakoda hadn't even realized she had lost focus until she snapped out of it. "So uhhh.. anyways.. Wheres your shop at?" She asked, trying to change the subject.  Normally she wouldn't daydream like that, but for some reason she drifted off. I wonder if I'm started to get immersed in this world.. "I didn't realize you weren't on the frontlines. I just assumed, with how amazing you are and everything, that you would be. You know?" She smiled cheerfully. If he wasn't frontline material, then how strong were the players who were? What kind of gear did they have? The thought reminded her of a small detail that might impact what items she could get, "Hey, do items have level requirements?" If they did, it could be problematic if she wanted a stronger item, but didn't have the level to use it.

@Domarus

Edited by Floofy

The girl first returned to reality and seemed extremely embarrassed that she had allowed her mind to wander off to somewhere else entirely.  She should be embarrassed, especially when she did it in a danger zone.  How annoyingly foolish could she possibly be.  However he decided to let it go.  After all he couldn't expect the entire world to be as intelligent as he was.  Most likely there was someone out there far more stupid than she was.  There was no reason to compare her to himself, especially when he was supposed to be training her anyways.  He sighed.
     "It's fine.  My shop is on the first floor.  I'll go ahead and send you the coordinates.  If you need anything or have any questions feel free to ask me or send me a message.  Especially if you find yourself in a situation with another player and don't know what to do.  Until you've reached a decent logical and reasoning state, you won't be able to find the answers to most of your questions.  However from now on to sharpen your logical reasoning, I'll only help you find the answer, and let you figure it out.  Sound fair?"  When she told him she thought he was on the front lines his reaction was completely blank.  He wasn't offended and the idea didn't bother him at all.  With his plans he would inevitably reach the front lines.  However to do that he would need to be patient and simply focus on grinding experience points.  However the monsters he fought by himself seemed to be doing poorly for him.  Domarus nearly sighed at the thought but he didn't worry about it too much.  Once he established the generals he could take one or two on dungeon raids from time to time.  It would very certainly increase their experience as well as allow him to use such trips to increase their ability to work together.  Then she asked about level requirements.  Well now, there was an actually logical question to ask.
     "What you're thinking of comes as tiers in this world.  You're at tier one at the moment.  I'm at tier two.  With each tier, equipment and abilities become more powerful, multiplied so to speak.  For example.  A tier one damage potion can grant the drinker three damage maximum.  A tier two damage potion grants six damage.  Tier three will grant nine and so forth.  Tier two is reached when you hit level twenty five.  Players who reach level fifty will be able to use the third tier when it is unlocked."  

ID#  82585  LD:  2+3=5  @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"Ah, ok! So even if I got a tier two item, I wouldn't be able to use it until level 25. Good to know!" Examining the coordinates to Domarus' shop, she nodded to herself before returning her attention back to her mentor. "I'll head down there now, if that's alright with you. Where shall I reconvene with you once I've finished my trip to the first floor?" Before even continuing with any thoughts, she quickly remembered the whole reason she was here to begin with. "OH! Did I ever actually accept the job that I wanted?!" She opened the menu and saw that she had indeed started her profession. "Heh, that would have been embarrassing!" Closing the menu, she waved off to Domarus and headed to the first floor to gather her items. It didn't take her long before she reached the portal to the other floors, and she made her way down to the first.

Edited by Floofy