[PP-F1] Secret Medicine of the Forest

Noct hefted his new spear in his hands, proud of himself for once. He had earned enough money to go to another player, and buy something. Though from the items description, and it's stats. It wasn't terribly good. It was however, a step in the right direction. The spear was slung over his shoulder, attaching to his back in proper role playing game fashion. And Noct felt comfortable. He had succeeded in basic sword arts, even went and had live combat practice. He was even adept in finding materials on his own. He felt like he was ready for a proper quest. And so, he looked to the bounty board.

There were several requests, most of those were way out of his league. Dealing with a bandit encampment, slaying a few elves on the floors above. Noct rubbed the back of his head. He continued looking until he found on that was suitible for his level and gear. There was one. "Secret Medicine of the Forest." He mused aloud, taking the paper from the board. His heads up display translating the fantasy dialect into language. Go into the forest, and slay a couple of nepents so that the medicine men and women have supplies. Seemed easy enough, and was for a good cause. Noct nodded to himself, sure of his new goal and pocketed the paper. Before he would head out though, he would at least like one or two health potions. His previous adventure in that forgotten king's tomb reminded him of that.

First step was actually locating an alchemist that was open. Several buildings claimed by alchemists were long since abandoned. And Noct had to turn his ear to whisperings and musings of names in order to find a proper alchemist. Finally, he heard of a decent alchemist on the third floor. He didn't mind changing floors, as long as it was within reason. And to visit the shop, he wouldn't need to wander far from the safety of the teleportation plaza.

He approached the shop, and smiled at the name. "Piera's Potent Potions."  If the name was any indicator, Noct was sure to find what he needed inside. Hell, maybe even make a new friend. He opened the door, and it's bell chimed alarming the people inside to his presence. Seeing there was no one else inside, he stepped up to the front counter. He gave a small bow with his head, before speaking. "Hello. I'm looking for some very cheap potions. I'm looking to do a quick quest, and would like the insurance." Noct said, introducing his need of potions.

Piera was currently trying to clear house. She was in limbo at current, having plenty of materials and yet only able to craft so many times per day. So she thought about sprucing up the place a little, perhaps clean and reorganize how things were laid out. It was becoming a bit more of a difficult task than she originally anticipated. There were numerous potions and crystals set on the floor rather than their typical shelves or stands. A tawny and white owl griffin laid out in a patch of sunlight on the ground, batting at a fallen (and thankfully stoppered) potion as his mistress was knelt down behind the counter, fishing out a vial that had fallen way in the back. Not hearing the telltale ring that signaled the door to her shop opening, the alchemist jumped as she heard a voice on the other side of the counter, causing her to bump her head  and hiss in more surprise than pain. "Sssonn...nnmm. O-Oh, hi. Sorry, I didn't hear you come in. Excuse the mess, doing a bit of spring cleaning, heh..." Rubbing the back of her head, Piera got to her feet, brushing the dust from the skirt of her dark purple dress.

Adjusting her glasses that had been knocked askew a little, the brunette focused on the dark haired player's request before nodding in understanding. "Always good to have a little something to help you along. Let's see..." Stepping from around the counter, green eyes scanned the ground before using her foot to nudge Jareth out of the way, causing the owl griffin to grumble and flap off to his usual lounging grounds, the staircase. "Move fuzzy lump." Picking up a few vials, Piera stated, "I've got some older potions that are kind of weak but I've lowered the price on them because of that. They only heal like fifteen or twenty health. Which isn't really anything depending on your level. My normal price would be about six hundred col but they're not really selling and I'd rather they be put to good use so I'll lower it to four hundred for ya. How's that sound?"

Noct heard the audible thwump as the counter shuddered from the force of the women's head. "My apologies. I did not mean to startle you." He said, apologizing. He knew how bad it was to crack one's head on a counter like that. Noct looked around as Piera fumbeled with various items, including her owl. The place was a tad dusty, and in need of a quick sweep but otherwise it was all tidy. Poor woman must be bored out of her mind, Noct thought. He turned his attention back to her as she placed a few vials onto the counter. His eyes met hers as she spoke, then Noct's jaw dropped as she mentioned the price. "Wh-what!? Seriously? Four hundred at a discount?" Noct exclaimed, unable to fathom that amount of money. He spent only twenty five less on a weapon, which made sense. It was a hunk of metal, crafted to be served as a weapon with a lifetime of use. Potions are one and done, so why were they so damned expensive here? "I don't, have nearly enough to pay for any of those." Noct said, half heartedly. He figured he would have to go without potions.

Waving off the younger player's apologies, Piera stated, "It's fine, it's fine." Shoulda put a sign up or kept more aware. What good was a familiar if it couldn't guard you though? Sheesh...

Seeing his reaction to her price caused a pang of sympathy for the other player. "Eh....yeah... For a Tier one uncommon quality consumable that's pretty reasonable." Though seeing the rather dismayed expression on the obviously lower leveled player's face was seriously making her reconsider. Jeez maybe she should lower her prices for the Tier one items... She was about to pose a lower price when a better idea came to her. "Hey. You said that you're going on a quest, right? If you're worried about losing too much health, I could tag along if you don't mind the extra tag along. I'm a healer. Wasn't doing much else with my day anyway." The alchemist shrugged casually, trying to make sure that he didn't feel like she was pressuring him into it. "Sup to you though."

Noct reset his face. No need to show that much disbelief if the pricing was reasonable. Noct rubbed the back of his head. How was he supposed to make money in this world, without putting himself at risk of dying to mobs. Then again, that may have been the point all along. Weaning the weak solo players early before they could do harm to others. Either way, items that kept you alive being that expensive was a pain. Now he had to go do the quest, without potions or backup. At least, until Piera spoke up. "Yeah, it's a beginner quest. 'Secret Medicine of the Forest'." Noct replied to Piera's question. "It's a low level quest, you sure you won't be bored?" Noct said, accepting the free help from the alchemist. Noct held out a gloved hand. "I'm Nocturn. Noct, for short. Pleasure to meet you Madam Piera." Noct said, giving he a hearty smile.

It was cute how the guy tried to school his expression into one more neutral, despite his earlier reaction. Brightening at mention of the lower leveled quest, Piera shook her head at his question of if she would be bored. With a vague snort of amusement, the brunette gestured to the mess of her shop. "I think I can manage to tear myself away from the riveting business I have going for me here." Shaking his gloved hand firmly and meeting his eyes, the alchemist replied, "Nice to meet you Nocturn." Though when he referred to her as 'Madam Piera', she couldn't help but wince. "Gah. Yer makin' me feel old kid. Or, well...old-er. Just 'Piera' is fine." Glancing over to where Jareth was preening lazily, the brunette snapped her fingers causing the owl griffin to level a flat stare at her. "C'mon lazy bones, let's get." The familiar huffed a sigh before finishing one last lick and then flapping his wings a few times to land on her shoulder. "So lead the way. You're party leader for the day. Oh, which reminds me." Piera held up a finger in a universal sign of 'just a moment' before swiping open her menu, quickly typing out a message, sending it and then sending Nocturn an invite to join her party, which already had another person in it. Once he joined, he could see Lee's name and stats as well as her own. As Nocturn accepted or denied it, Piera would take time to equip her battle items, her avatar flashing brightly before her Violet Dragoon armor materialized fully as well as the Bleeding Lance at her back. "Lead the way." The healer would gesture with a smile.

Noct nodded as Piera expressed his disliking to madame. "Piera it is then." He said, agreeing to her terms. His HUD flashed with a party invite from the woman. He accepted it, and was updated with Piera's health bar. As well as another person. 'Lee'. "Oh. Is Lee coming with us well, or is he disposed for the moment?" Noct rubbed his eyes as Piera changed attire. She looked completely different than before. He normal clothing replaced with interlocking plates of violet metal, he lance materialized onto her back as she readied. Noct blushed, not sure if this counted as watching he dress or not. He quickly turned and headed out the door as Piera was ready. "Alright, mission start." Noct said to himself, ready for the day's challenges.

He led Piera to the first floor, and out of the plaza making idle chat along the way. "So, the waypoint is taking me to the forest just outside of the town. SHouldn't be that far out." Noct said, looking at his virtual map in his HUD. He swiped his map away, and focused on the walk. He figured he should try to ask a question or two, seeing as this woman was so eager to accompany him. "So, uhm. What do you normally do, outside of potion making?" Noct asked, the first thing coming to his mind.

Smiling slightly at Noct's question, Piera shook her head lightly. "Nah, he's busy doing some sort of quest on his own. Lee is my boyfriend. We always stay in a party so we can keep an eye on the other, make sure they're okay even if we're apart. Gives us peace of mind." Shrugging in an effort for nonchalance, the alchemist managed to sound fairly calm about the whole thing though inwardly she was suppressing a shiver up her spine. Glancing up at Lee's health bar she was reassured seeing it in the green. She tried to focus on her newfound companion, blinking rapidly as she noticed his blush. Huh. Maybe he found armored women hot? Hopefully it wouldn't get too awkward.

Nodding in acknowledgement as he quickly headed out the door, Piera followed behind, answering his questions as they walked to the first floor. "Eh, bit far. Gotta realize Aincrad is pear shaped almost. Or egg shaped? I forget. Anyways, the lower the floor, the bigger it actually is." Her eyes were drawn to the varying players and NPCs milling about the plaza as they passed by on their way to leave the safe zone. Last time she had been here it was at night and before then it'd been months. She wondered how many players still lived on the first floor...

Eyes focusing back on Nocturn, the healer was silent for a moment as she considered an answer before huffing an awkward laugh, "Uh...probably more potion making, heh. Or gathering materials to make more potions. Sometimes I go out and do some low level grinding or a quest or two with Lee or a friend. But my main focus is being the best alchemist in Aincrad. Or at least one of the best." She shrugged, knowing that during their 'vacation' she'd fallen behind. "But I'll be doing a lot more grinding now. I'm trying to join the front lines now. Once I'm high enough level that is."

Once they passed through the gates a small message alerted the pair that they were leaving the Town of Beginning's Safe Zone. "Be on guard now." Piera warned him casually, taking her spear off of her back and holding it so that it would lean against her shoulder. "What about you? Any profession, guild?"

Noct nodded. He only knew the size of the first floor. He hadn't explored any other floors past the first floor, and even then it was a small amount. A small cave here, a tomb there, and most of the plains within eyesight of the city. The fact that the floors got smaller as they progressed made sense, it was like a giant castle where players were trying to reach the top of the tower. Noct contained his slight disappointment when Piera mentioned that all she does besides work, was more work. "Seems like a busy life. Players of all sizes need potions and crystals so I can only assume how busy you are." He said, now thinking about the profession.

As they left the safe zone, Noct drew his spear holding it firmly in his hands as one would a staff. It's twisting tip pointed to the sky. Piera countered his question, asking him about himself. Ah damn, how was he supposed to respond to this. "Well, I've just now started going outside the safety of the city. I haven't had much thought about it, but if I give it a quick thought." Noct thought for a moment. "Perhaps, a guild of my own. Filled with friends and allies alike. Maybe pick up alchemy, it seems like a good money investment." Noct replied, sure of his answer.

"Ah, we're coming up to the forest now." Noct replied, crouching down entering a more stealthy approach. He could see plenty of Nepents in the underbrush. But no sign of the variant he needed for the drop. Speaking of which, he really hoped he would get it on his first try. As much as he was enjoying his company with Piera, he wanted to spend as little time outside the city as possible. "You ready?" He asked Piera, motioning with his hand. 

Though Nocturn didn't show any outward expression of his feelings, Piera still felt a little awkward at  his reply, suddenly realizing that she sounded very dull. "Yeah... Well I mean I guess that's not all I do. I just feel like I need to do something to help out, you know? But when I'm not working, I like to explore the safer floors with Lee. Even if we are trapped here, it is pretty amazing sometimes."

Even as she said that, Piera felt suddenly and accutely aware that she had yet to really see all that this world had to offer (that she could see until further floors were unlocked that was). Though that was mainly due to her low level. Maybe now that they were truly trying to reach a higher level, they'd be able to see more.

Eyebrow raising just a hair at Nocturn's statement that he had only just now started going outside safe zones, the healer otherwise tried to keep a neutral expression. Snorting under her breath at the generic-ness of his aspirations, she tried to school her face into a polite smile. "Sure kid. Sounds like fun. If you want, I can show you the ropes about alchemy sometime."

Eyes forward as the black haired young man remarked about the forest, Piera's head tilted along with Jareth's in unison as they watched him crouch. "Oh, do you have the Sneak ability? I might cramp your style, I don't have that skill." Focusing on the two nepents in view, Piera scanned the rest of the area, making sure that it was just those two for now before nodding firmly, "I'm going to try to get the hate on me, you focus on taking them out after I've got their attention."

Gripping the Spear of Longinus tightly the alchemist then inhaled deeply before letting out a ferocious (for her at least) battle cry as she rushed in towards the mobs, activating her sword art, Sonic Charge. Giving a powerful thrust in the middle of the plant monsters, the resulting explosion of energy caught both of them, crying out angrily as they focused their attention solely on the player standing before them. Striking out with their tentacles in an attempt to attack and grapple her. But the woman's heavy armor protected her from their pitiful attacks.

ID: 82207
BD: 8+1=9
MD: 10

Piera-   (Hate-2)
HP: 339/340 (10 DMG - 21 MIT = 1 DMG)
NRG: 32/34
Nocturn-
HP: 60/60
NRG: 6
Nepent 1: 5/7
Nepent 2: 57

Edited by Piera

Noct chuckled. "Calling me kid makes you sound older than you are." He joked under his breath. He graduated dammit, he shouldn't be being called kid.Then again, maybe he was. He was new to this whole experience. And as he watched the Nepents in their clearing from the cover of the undergrowth, something began to grow from inside of him. A new feeling, a combonation of unsteady excitement and adventurous lust. His chest held a small pain, as if he had walked for far to long.Piera mentioned the hate system. Noct kept his eyes on the prize, and whispered after her. "On your cue." He said, unable to suppress his smile.

Piera rushed into the Nepent clearing his spear glowing as it's tip found it's mark. At first Noct thought she had missed, but he recognized the motion. The tip of Piera's spear erupted into a small explosion, causing damage to two nepents. The Nepents didn't go down however, their tentacles shot out with lighting speed and laser accuracy and struck Piera. Piera's armor caught the brunt of the attacks, and her health bar barely moved. Now it was Noct's turn, he would go after the one behind her, split them up. He leapt from his position.

Noct barely touched the ground as he moved for the Nepent. Just as it reared back for another attack against Piera, Noct leapt into the air, slamming his spear onto the head of the Nepent. Noct rotated his body, and weapon, flinging the Nepent against a nearby tree. The nepent shattered against the tree, it's blue pixels going every which way. Noct landed, and brought his spear back up to point, ready for another Nepent to arrive.

@Piera

ID: 82209
BD: 8 (hit)
MD: 10 (unused)

Piera-   (Hate-2)
HP: 339/340 (10 DMG - 21 MIT = 1 DMG)
NRG: 32/34
Nocturn-  (Hate-1)
HP: 60/60
NRG: 5/6
Nepent 1: 5/7
Nepent 2: 0/7 (+1 crafting material)

82210 LD:7 CD:6

Thankfully Piera didn't hear his mutter or she'd have made a wise crack about respecting his elders. Seeing his unabashed smile caused one of her own, realizing that she hadn't had fun with combat in a while. It was just grinding. It had become monotonous. But at least for Nocturn it was still thrilling and exciting....fun. Perhaps she could have a little bit of that herself.

Even as she focused on the nepents, the brunette still saw a dark blur whisk behind the mobs. Good, he seemed knowledgeable enough to know to get behind them and do a pincer attack, taking advantage of the fact that their focus was all on her. Her smile grew wider as he made quick work of one of the nepents. "Nice, kid." Her tone was genuine, though she couldn't help the teasing nickname. She was fairly sure he was at least nineteen, but couldn't help ribbing him a little. It wasn't often that she had age as well as level over another player.

However her expression turned serious as she called out shortly, "Noct, behind you!" Another nepent had found the fight and went to attack the unsuspecting young man. Cursing under her breath, Piera focused on the monster immediately before her, twirling her lance away from the flailing roots trying to grasp her weapon before pointing it down to the left and giving a grunt as she swung upwards diagonally to the right with all of her might, cutting deeply into the nepent's flesh...roots...plant matter? Either way, it was dead now, exploding into a spray of blue pixels around her as she dashed through it's remains to Nocturn's side before she caught sight of something approaching, "Another one." She stated loud and clear to keep her companion aware.

ID: 82211
BD: 6+1=7 (hit)
MD: 2 (miss)

Piera-   (Hate-3)
HP: 339/340
NRG: 30/34
Nocturn-

Nepent 1: 0/7
Nepent 2: 0/7
Nepent 3: 7/7
Nepent 4: 7/7

Loot Roll ID: 82212
LD: 4
CD: 8

Edited by Piera

Noct let out a short breath as Piera congratulated him. "I'm not done yet. We still got a few more to go through before the big one shows up." Noct said, moving to the side to allow Piera an easy strike against another Nepent. That should've been the lot of them but, there were more now. Noct barely had time to notice the action, but for everyone they managed to fell another took it's place. Sprouting from the ground thier tendrils came, rushing at them blindly, commanded by another much stronger variant. "Alright, almost done here." Noct said, thrusting his spear at another Nepent.

Noct's spear easily penetrated the first Nepent. He swung his spear wide, activating his sword art, and flung the Nepent into the air. The sound of it turning into pixels covered the area. "This is almost too easy!" Noct said, bringing his spear back to the ready. That variant was bound to show up sooner or later, and he'd be damned if it caught them off guard. He did notice that another Nepent sprouted from the ground. "Piera, they come from the ground." Noct said, unknowing if it was good info or not.

ID: 82213
BD: 7
MD: 1 (miss)

Piera-   (Hate-3)
HP: 339/340
NRG: 30/34
Nocturn-2

Nepent 1: 0/7
Nepent 2: 0/7
Nepent 3: 0/7
Nepent 4: 7/7

Loot Roll ID: 82214
LD: 19
CD: 7 (Rare Consumable)

"'The big one'." Piera snorted. "It's not that big." At least she didn't remember it being very big... Though she did remember the big red....flower? Or was it a bulbous fruit? She couldn't remember. Just that it had been big, red and eye catching. Surely that was good enough, right? Nocturn sure was making quick work of them. She was fairly sure that he had way higher damage stat than her, which was impressive to say the least. Then again she only had one rank in her weapon skill and nothing that otherwise gave her a damage buff... So maybe she wasn't completely useless. Letting out a chuckle at his exuberant declaration, "Glad you're having fun but don't jinx u-"

What she was about to say next was cut off just as he stated something that was now very obvious as another nepent sprouted straight from the ground underneath her, tentacles wrapping around her legs and hoisting her upside down, causing a very un-intimidating shriek to emit from the alchemist.

The nepent that had been closest to the dark haired player now turned it's attention to the dangling woman, wrapping its roots around her spear as she attempted to tug it free from it, but instead getting smacked in the face for her trouble, leaving a trail of slime. "God damnit Nocturn, why'd you have to [censored] say something?!" Piera yelled as she desperately tried to kick and stab herself free to absolutely no avail, only causing wardrobe malfunctions. "Cut the roots already!"

ID: 82215
BD: 1+1=2 (miss)
MD: 10 (hit - crit)

Piera-   (Hate-3)
HP: 338/340 (10DMG-21MIT=1DMG)
Nocturn- (Hate-2)

Nepent 3: 0/7
Nepent 5: 7/7

Edited by Piera

Nocturn spun at Piera's cry, only to see vines wrap around her ankles and legs. Before he could do anything about it, Piera was hoisted into the air. Damn things were strong enough to lift Piera's weight as well as her armor and weapon. Then another Nepent came from behind her, trying to grasp her weapon from her hand. Nocturn stared in a small bit of disbelief. That was a very, abliet oddly, well thought out plan. Attack the strongest one by surprise, then render her useless. Leaves the weaker one as easy prey, whilst the strong one struggles. It was Piera's cries that broke Noct's train of thought. "I-I'm on it!" he said, raising his spear to do battle. But as Noct went to stab at the Nepent, it released Piera dropping her on top of him. "Dammit..." Nocturn said to himself. "These things are way to smart for their own good." He said to Piera, dusting himself off as she got off of him.

Spoiler

ID: 82223
BD: 02 (miss)
MD: 2 (miss)

Piera-   (Hate-3)
HP: 339/340
Nocturn-2

Nepent 4: 7/7
Nepent 5: 7/7

Loot

"Hurry!" Piera urged before grunting as she kicked a little more viciously than before, not exactly comfortable with how the stupid mobs were holding her. Now it was all she could do to keep hold of her spear as the second nepent tried to rip it out of her hands. "Stupid...freaking...plants! Leggo!" Either her squirming or whatever Nocturn did, or perhaps their own stupidity caused the main one to suddenly drop the woman...right on top of the other player. Perhaps it was strategic. Clever plants.

The alchemist landed with a mighty "Oof!" Face down with head between his feet before she awkwardly got up, quickly snatching up her weapon as she did. "Nice landing." She commented half to herself. Grunting in acknowledgement at Nocturn's statement, Piera commented, "I think it has something to do with the more floors that are unlocked or something like that. Let's just get this done." 

No sooner than she said that while trying to take a stab (literally) at the heart of the matter than the matter swatted roughly at her torso, causing her to skid back a foot. Immediately after, she was hit again, this time across the shoulder that she mostly managed to brace herself for. "Freaking intelligent plants! I hope a vegetarian eats you!" Glaring over at Nocturn, Piera barked, "Okay, try to get em while they're focused on me."

Spoiler

ID: 82225
BD: 4+1=5 (miss)
MD: 7 (hit)

Piera-   (Hate-3)
HP: 337/340 (6DMG-21MIT=1DMG)
Nocturn- (Hate-2)

Nepent 3: 0/7
Nepent 5: 7/7

Edited by Piera

Noct let that though through his mind. If that was the case of lower level mobs becoming smarter, simply because the game progressed would make his new day to day life all that more chllanging. Even still. Noct's excitment wouldn't be dashed. Piera barked an order at him, and Noct responded. The Nepents grouped around the brunette, thrashing their vine whips. Noct positioned himself on their backside, and readied his weapon.

Noct thrust his spear, again it's tip lighting up from energy and exploding in a small cascade of destruction. Both of the nepents flew to the side, thier now lifeless bodies clung in the air as they shattered away into blue particles. With no other Nepents in sight Noct celebrated. "Alright, that'll show them grabby handed sum-ouf!" Noct's sentence was cut off short as his face plowed into the ground. His feet yanked from underneath him, Noct grabbed his spear tighter and was hoisted into the air. The variant Nepent had arrived and had gotten the drop on him. "Hey Piera!" Noct cried out. "Found it!" Noct laughed, as his body was then thrown onto the ground. Noct's body bounced several times before sliding to a stop next to Piera. Noct got to his feet, shaken but not defeated. He stared down the big plant, it ovule shining in the sun's rays. "Alright. I have an idea." Noct said, readying his weapon. "I have it's attention now, so I'll distract him and try to use my sword art to stun him. Then you can come in from behind him, and get the kill." Noct said, not looking away from the Variant. He did significantly less damage than Piera, and it made more sense for her to take the DPS spot rather than him. And when the Variant was dealt with, all that was left was to get it's ovule and take it back to town.

Spoiler

ID: 82227
BD: 10 (crit+2)
MD: 10 Crit

Piera-   (Hate-3)
HP: 337/340 
Nocturn- (Hate-4)
HP: 50/60 -10

Nepent 4: 0/7
Nepent 5: 0/7

Nepent Variant: 15/15
MIT: 5

Once again Nocturn amazed her, making short work of both nepents that had been at full health a moment ago. But Piera didn't allow herself to relax, knowing that this only made the appearance of a variant nepent more likely to occur. "Don't celebrate just yet k- Dangit kid!" Sure enough he jinxed them again, this time being the one who was hoisted up by the legs, laughing like a maniac. "I can see that!" The brunette replied with amused incredulity. This guy was crazy. Wincing as he was brutally thrown to the ground, causing his body to bounce several times before sliding at her feet, the alchemist was just about to offer help to get to his feet, but he stood up on his own, showing even more determination.

Giving the younger player most of her attention as he posed his idea, Piera then stared blankly at him before stating candidly, "That's a terrible idea. I have a better one. How about, I heal you so you have less chance of freaking dying and you go kill it and I'll see if I can stun it for you." Without asking what he thought of the plan, the bespectacled woman leaned her spear against her shoulder, grasping her Healing Heart opal necklace before outstretching her left hand towards Nocturn, causing the necklace and his avatar to glow bright green for a moment before his health bar shot back up to full health once more. Nodding firmly, Piera then gave his back a push towards the nepent. "Go get em tiger." She shook her head slightly. "Sending a support to do a DPS's job... Kids these days." Her smile was lopsidedly amused though, mostly just joking and poking fun at the naive player.

Spoiler

ID:  82229
CD: 12+1=13

Piera-   (Hate-3)
Nocturn- (Hate-4)

Nepent Variant: 15/15

Edited by Piera

Noct nodded. "That does sound like a better plan. Good thinking." Noct readied his weapon, and tried to clear his head. He was getting to excited. He never had a rush like this before, never had he experienced something like this before. The Varaiant look at Noct, and Noct stared back. The tip of his spear glinting off the light. His body lit up slightly, as Piera used her support skill to heal him. His health bar shot back up to full. "Thanks, I appreciate the hand." Noct said, before rushing in.

Rushing in was probably the wrong choice, when he thought about it. THe Nepent use one of it's fast moving vines to clock Nocturn aside. Noct raised his spear to catch the blow, but the force carried through. He was launched backwards, and his slid on his feet before falling backwards. He cursed at himself, now knowing that he needed a different strategy than before.

Spoiler

ID:  82230
BD: 2
MD: 9

Piera-   (Hate-3)
Nocturn- (Hate-4)
HP: 50/60

Nepent Variant: 15/15

Piera watched with an confident smile as Nocturn rushed in...and quickly winced as he was soon knocked aside with relative ease. "Oooo...that looked like it hurt. Hang in there Noct." Rolling her shoulders, the brunette did something that she thought was the best course of action under the circumstances. Gripping her spear tightly, the alchemist lowered her center of gravity before sprinting towards the odd nepent, spear glowing as she began to activate a sword art to try and stab at it's roots, attempting to stun it. Before the first stab connected though, the nepent deftly stretched it's roots so that it avoided the attack much like a matador with Piera being the bull. Not expecting her attack not to hit, the woman stumbled slightly as she skid to a stop on the other side of the nepent. "Together now!" She called out to Nocturn, a determined expression on her face as she spun around.

Spoiler

ID:  82320
BD: 2+1=3 (miss)

Piera-   (Hate-3)
NRG: 28/34
Nocturn- (Hate-4)