[PP-F1] Secret Medicine of the Forest

Noct got to his feet, twigs and leafs falling from his hair as he rose. His vision blurred, but quickly readjusted itself. Piera missed her attack as well it seemed, at least from her reaction, and the Nepents general attitude. Noct gathered the last of his energy, and ran back into the fray. "Hold it right there!" Noct shouted as his spear glowed with his sword art. It's twisted tip penatrated the thick, cellular skin of the Variant. It let out a howl in pain, as it stumbled backwards. It slumped over, Noct's stun effect taking over it's body. But now he was out of energy, which left the final blow to @Piera.

Spoiler

ID:  82320
BD: 9 (hit+Stun)
MD: (stunned)

Piera-   (Hate-3)
HP: 337/340 
NRG: 28/34
Nocturn- (Hate-6)
HP: 50/60
NRG: 0/6

Nepent 1: 0/7
Nepent 2: 0/7
Nepent 3: 0/7
Nepent 4: 0/7
Nepent 5: 0/7

Nepent Variant: 6/15
MIT: 5

Piera held her position, waiting until she saw Noct get to his feet on the other side of the variant before beginning to build up her own energy. Allowing her companion to attack first so as to not interrupt it somehow, the brunette was doubly glad that she had done so as the devious plant was now stunned. Taking full advantage of this, Piera stepped forward, her spear glowing as she unleashed Heft from left to right. Sadly though, she didn't do nearly as much damage as Nocturn, even with her Sword Art multiplying her damage. Forgetting about the Bleed damage that her weapon applied, the alchemist called out to the other player, "Finish it off while you still have it stunned!" She was long past caring about who got last hit or did most damage considering her role.

Spoiler

ID:  82416
BD: 8+1=9 (hit & bleeding)

Piera-   (Hate-3)
HP: 337/340 
NRG: 28/34
Nocturn- (Hate-6)
HP: 50/60
NRG: 0/6

Nepent 1: 0/7
Nepent 2: 0/7
Nepent 3: 0/7
Nepent 4: 0/7
Nepent 5: 0/7

Nepent Variant: 3/15
MIT: 5

Edited by Piera

Noct watched as the veteran in violet armor slammed her spear into the plant's side. Noct noticed a new icon appear above its health bar, just as the Stun wore off. Noct chuckled. "No need to finish it off. You've already done it." He said, resting his spear onto the ground. Noct didn't even bother looking at the variant as it's rushed at him, ready to attack. Noct turned away from the Nepent, the die had been cast and it's time was over. But before it's attack connected, it evaporated into crystals, the force of wind it emitted ran through Noct's hair gently. He ran a hand through his hair, and turned to Piera. "Your spear has bleed on it, doesn't it." Noct asked, pointing to the weapon in her hands. "Either that or poison." Noct said, explaining the icon he saw earlier. A menu appeared for Noct, and the quest reward was shown. Today had been a good day. He made a new ally, completed his first quest, and succeeded in finding a variety of items.

ID: 82417
LD: 20 (Quest Item found)
CD: 10 (+4 crafting materials)

Piera stared at Nocturn with a mix of confusion and mild annoyance as he simply chuckled and turned away. "Wha-?" She began to question before the variant nepent exploded into the usual bright blue pixels, making a rather amusing picture. A snort evolved into a full blown laugh as she commented, "So I guess it's true cool guys don't look at explosions?" Tilting her head slightly at his question, the alchemist stared at him with a blank expression before blinking slowly. "Oh, uh, yeah...it does. Have bleed on it I mean. Heh...Kinda forgot. Even though it's name is 'Bleeding Lance'. It's been a while since I fought to be honest. So did y-" The question she was about to ask was soon answered as she was rewarded some experience for helping him complete the quest. Huffing an amused breath, Piera leaned on her spear, it's butt resting on the ground as she asked, "Welp, good job team. You're growing into a great DPS kid." She couldn't help one last rib at Noct, though her lopsided smile made it fairly apparent that she was teasing.

Noct tilted his head. "DPS?" He questioned out loud. He racked his brain of terms, and other acronyms. "Oh, damage per second. I guess I am aiming towards that route." He said, placing the spear on his back. "No matter. I must thank you again Piera. If not for you ere, I wouldn't dare think of what would happen to me." Noct said, giving Piera a polite bow. He smiled at the mention of her calling him kid again. Seems like the name had stuck. "Here's hoping that we can work together more in the future. Be it alchemy, or this. Now, we should probably leave, before anything else tries to topple us. I'll you home." Noct offered to Piera.

As they walked, Noct pondered. His mind asking more questions then he could come up with answers. But one question kept bothering him. He kept the question to himself. "Alright then Piera, I'll catch you later." Noct said, giving her a wave as he walked away.

~Quest Completed~

Spoiler

Col: 200 to each player. (Noct and Piera)

Noct's Rewards
-+2 SP (one thread, one quest)
- +1 Uncommon Consumable
-+4 Tier One Crafting Materials
Anneal Blade (1 slot Damage)

Piera's Rewards
-+1 SP