[PP - F6] Me not Tarzan. Collect Mats (Hei)

Vargas looked around the settlement of Krycim, as it was his first time on the sixth floor. It was hard to see much beyond the outskirts of the village due to the dense tropical jungle setting that existed. The buildings were covered in vines that hung from the thick jungle canopy. As far as he could see, the only inhabitants were Amazonians, which only increased the deep jungle setting.

Leaning against a broken down stone column, Vargas waited. He and Hei had discussed going out and gathering materials for themselves as their own current supplies were running low. He'd chosen this floor due to its massive overgrowth of plants. Adding in the fact that their were plenty of mobs for them to fight here, they were sure to get a decent amount of materials.

Vargas shifted uncomfortably due to the humidity. He still wore his cloak everywhere he went so as to show the activity of the guild, but it made him feel hot. His fox ears lay flat on his head as he kept the hood down to allow for some air to cool him off. Their wasn't much wind blowing through the dense trees, so it didn't do him that much good. "Next time, I need to see about getting a ring or amulet so I can take this thing off," he muttered as he pulled at his shirt, trying to get some air flow going.

@Hei

Edited by Vargas

Hei was getting ready to meet with Vargas to gather some materials. Vargas had suggested that they could meet in Krycim, which was the main settlement on the sixth floor. As Hei hadn't been to this floor yet he was not sure what kind of landscape he would find there and so he clothed himself in his armour, with the better eye cloak on top of it. His gloves on the hands and the spear and shield on his back. - I hope it's not another desert, but it would be strange to find two floor of the same design close to each other - The dark figure walked through the town of beginnings, arrived at the teleportation platform and within a few seconds had gone.

Warm humid air and the dim light was the first that Hei noticed, when he appeared at the sixth floor, then the sound of a big and dark jungle mixed in and he was sure that this floor was not a desert. Already sweating, Hei had a look at the surrounding village, that looked like it was from a documentary on ancient jungle tribes and thought - The weather is nice, ha ha, why does it always have to be hot? and this time even humid, my cloth are sticking to me already. But maybe we can find some treasure or ancient temples in here, that would be a great story for my blog - He searched for Vargas who was standing a few meters away from the platform, also sweating. "Hey Vargas, you're already here, then we can just start. Have you made plans already or are we just going into the jungle and let us get surprised by what we find?" Hei was telling as he walked over to Vargas, looking like some nightmare creature with the big red eye on his forehead, the large dark claws and the gigantic spiked shield on his back.

A bead of sweat rolled down his face as he waited. "God damn. He better get here sooner rather than later or else I'm gonna make a jump to the fourth floor to cool off," he groaned as he wiped away the sweat. Opening his menu he unequipped the cloak, leaving him in his usual green shirt and black cotton pants and causing his ears and tail to disappear as well. He definitely needed a ring so that didn't happen. Though, perhaps it didn't actually matter. Were the animal traits really important to being a high Council member or not? He'd have to check with Atzo the next time he saw him.

It wasn't long before the platform materialized a player. The player was about 5'6" and wore a black cloak with a deep hood. On the hood was a bright red eye. The player greeted Vargas which caused him to realize that the newcomer was Hei. "Sup Hei. I figured we could roam the jungle for any plants and mobs we find. Should be able to get plenty materials here. We could always make a stop at the Ruins later," he responded as Hei approached him. 

Pushing off the wall, he led the way out of Krycim and into the jungle. Even with the dense trees and jungle canopy, the floor was fairly well lit. Light filtered in through breaks in the branches and leaves, giving plenty of light to see by. Looking around their immediate vicinity he wasn't able to easily spot any available materials. "So what have you been up to lately Hei?"

ID #82250
LD: 14 (13 + 1)

@Hei

Edited by Vargas

When Vargas told him that the plan so far was just going out into the wilds, looking for plants and mobs to fight he wasn't sure if that was the best way of starting a journey, but he wasn't sure how to better start such journey and so he just followed Vargas into the jungle. The humid and warm air made his cloak stick to his body and his hair, but as it was the Item that enhanced his senses he would not pack it away just now. "It would be fine to visit some of the ruins, but if you mention them as such, they seem to be found already. I was hoping for us to maybe find some new ruins no one has found before." Hei said, while he was walking through the dense jungle, looking for some plants which might provide usable fibres. After a short walk and with much luck he was actually able to find a big fern, that was known for being extremely robust and that one could craft a light and robust fabric from.

When Vargas asked him what he had been up to lately he had to think for a moment before answering that question. "Well, I've been doing much lately. As you might have heard I have opened my own shop, the hanger, and so I was pretty busy crafting some Items I can sell. If you have a look on my Equipment you will see that most of it is created by myself. Then I met a friend I remember from my life outside of this game, didn't know he was in this game, but it was not bad seeing someone who I knew. He introduced me to a friend of his, that he met in here. So I've been meeting people and working on my store. But tell me, what have you been up to?"

Spoiler

ID# 82274
Loot: 20+3 =23 -> found mats

+1 T1 material

Edited by Hei

Hei's wish to find some new ruins was understandable, but the issue there was the fact that this was the sixth floor. Players had already canvassed this floor completely awhile back. Sure, they could find newer ruins but they'd more than likely just to out to be spawning dungeons. There wasn't much they could do about it but it was better than nothing. He listened to Hei as he talked about how he'd met up with a friend that he'd known from the outside, which led to him meeting his friend's friend who his friend had met in the game.

When Hei returned the question back to him Vargas just shrugged his shoulders. "Mostly just helping other guild members with quests they wanted to complete so they can level faster. Helped Stryder with the <Let there be Light> quest, Eatos with <Worn out Welcome>, and Atzo with <Blood in the Sand>. Otherwise, I've just tried to grind for Mats and equipment to get stronger."

ID #82411
LD: 20 (19 + 1)
+1 Mat

Edited by Vargas

While they talked the two of them walked deeper and deeper into the jungle, the small pathway they were following wasn't seen any more and everywhere around them strange noises were heard. "We already got pretty deep into this jungle, so now is time to grind for some mats, don't you think?" and with this said Hei took a good look at the surrounding jungle plants in hope of something useful to be found. Soon he found a small cluster of young bamboo plants, which he knew could be used to craft a robust cloth, he could use for his tailoring.

- This deep in the jungle it shouldn't be hard to find something to fight, even though I don't know what kind of creature we will be able to find - Hei thought when his gaze fell onto a strange animal with brownish fur and long arms which ended into long claws. "Hey Vargas, look at this thing, you know what it is?" he said to bring the big animal to Vargas' attention.

Spoiler

ID# 82428
Loot: 14+3 = 17 -> found mats

+1 T1 material -> 2 T1 mats

Edited by Hei
  • 1 month later...

As they delved deeper into the jungle, the foliage grew thicker around them. Sounds could be heard from all around them making it hard to pinpoint their actual locations. The majority of them sounded like animal noises like monkeys and birds. Spotting some string hanging from a felled log, Vargas went to check it and found that it was silken spider web. Carefully collecting it, he put it in his inventory for later use. It'd be a good material for later use. At Hei's question of material grinding, Vargas simply nodded and looked around their surroundings. It wasn't until Hei brought his attention to the creature that Vargas even noticed it. He wasn't quite sure what it was. The the long arms and claws made him think of a sloth but it seemed to be moving around more actively than a sloth normally would. Shaking his head, Vargas responded, "No idea. Though if we want to fight it I suggest we be careful so we don't find ourselves overtaken." With that said, he drew his Anneal Blade from its sheath.

ID #84801

LD: 16 (15 + 1)

+1 T1 Material -> 2 T1 Materials

Edited by Vargas

Hei was going to start a fight with this strange animal, but when Vargas told him, that he should be careful he decided to let the armoured sword user have the first attack. So he went on and took his spear from his back, but instead of attacking the monster he told Vargas to have a first attack, as it would be much easier to hit the monster with the spear, in case of it trying to flee up into the trees.

As he was not going to start a fight he took a look at his surroundings, but still keeping the animal in his field of vision, so he could react to anything it would do. The surrounding forest was dark and thick and it was hard to see far, so he concentrated on the trees next to him, looking for something useful for his job as tailor, and indeed he was a lucky person, as there was a big red flower, which could be harvested for it's nectar, which was a really strong adhesive he could use to glue decorative parts to his creations. 

Spoiler

ID# 84815
Loot: 16+3 = 19 -> found T1 mat

+1 T1 mat -> 3 T1 mats
OOC: I actually thought of a giant sloth, just like this
d1dfd05a42146abbbca44afe6d5df77c.jpg

Edited by Hei