{PP-F2} Poisonous Hearts <<Earning a Living>>

Keres was finally going to be taking the quest.  She was rather excited to be honest.  However her thoughts on her soon to be profession wasn't revolving around the damage, mitigation or other potions of the like that she would be crafting.  Rather it was focused on the poisons, toxins, and the many many potions that she'd craft that would mess with players minds.  However she was a long ways away from being able to do that.  First she'd need to get the profession.  Second she'd need to practice, and that might take a while.  And today she'd be spending the day gathering materials with Sakoda.  Domarus insisted that he would be grinding mobs while waiting for them to wrap everything up.  Thus since Sakoda was supposed to be trained and since Domarus needed to fight mobs that were leveled with him, she would be conversing with Sakoda.  That was part of the rather weird and unique relationship Domarus and Keres had.  She sought to be a slave to him, to be abused and beaten.  And yet at the same time he put his faith and trust in her.  He knew she wouldn't screw this up for him and that was good enough for her.  She knew that Sakoda should be arriving any time soon but she figured she could get started while waiting.  She looked around for a material she could use but she didn't find anything.  As usual that is.  Domarus had leant her his LD item so it would be easier for her to accomplish her goal.  Yet even this didn't seem to be enough.

ID#  82587  LD:  3+3=6  @Floofy

Edited by Keres
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sakoda soon arrived, waving to Keres, cheerful as always. "Hey Keres, I'm here! Sorry I'm late!" She stopped a few feet in front of the other girl, bowing before her in greetings. "What's the plan for today, Miss Keres?" From her understanding, they would be beginning their work to start crafting potions. Just by looking at Keres, Sakoda could see her as a potion-maker. Something about her seemed to radiate such an aura, or perhaps Sakoda was just going insane. That was also a possibility, as always. "Hey, I was thinking we could talk a little while we worked, if thats ok with you?" To her, Keres seemed to be quite shy, but maybe that was just because she never had anything to say. Alone, they could discuss simple things and build up their relationship. If she was to be serving under Domarus for some time, she should also get to know the girl who was practically always at his side. "I'm curious to know what made you want to make potions, instead of any of the other available jobs." As she asked, she looked around nearby and spotted a material. Interesting how she never noticed anything before starting the profession.

Spoiler

ID 82594 LD: 16 (+1 T1 Mat)

@Keres

Edited by Floofy

Domarus stood near a large tree wearing his hopebreaker armor as he would be fighting monsters soon enough.  According to Keres and her previous research, there were ingredients that needed to be gathered off of monsters as well as around them.  Things like bones, feathers, and other objects that would come from a monster's flesh.  He kept his eye out for a nearby mob when Sakoda arrived.  At her comment on talking with Keres Domarus nodded.  
     "That was what was intended Sakoda.  You will spend your time with Keres, gathering and discussing about whatever you two wish while I take down a few lootable mobs.  Now that you're here I can get started."  Domarus uncrossed his arms and began to walk away, heading towards a cluster of monsters that were a good ways away but still within sight range.  He wanted to ensure that the two were in his sights.  He hated it when he didn't know what was going on so he would keep tabs on the two.  Even though it was true Domarus trusted Keres, he still felt the need to keep an eye on her.  Especially when others were nearby.  Keres had a nasty habit of messing with people's emotions in a negative way.  The closest mob was a rather large boar.  His intention was to kill it really quick and hope for materials.  That was what he needed right now.  He and Keres at least.  If he took down a few monsters and received nothing then he'd need to switch to just normal gathering.  The boar was suddenly joined with three more of its comrades but it made no difference to Domarus.  He charged up his sword art and lashed out at the four, dealing incredible damage to them and dropping their health by a third.  The creatures of course were hit so hard they were knocked a good ways away and Domarus simply grunted at how easy this was and walked over gradually.

Spoiler

ID#  82635  BD:  9  MD:  2

Domarus:  580/580  HP  |  30/58  EN  |  54 MIT  |  24 thorns
x4 Boar:  
248/458

@Keres

Edited by Domarus

Keres' attention shifted when she heard Sakoda's voice call out to her in the form of an apology.  Keres smiled and bowed to her.  If Sakoda hadn't noticed yet, she was still wearing her maid's clothing.  "No need to apologize Mistress Sakoda."  She barely held back a smirk but she managed it.  Sakoda asked her if it would be alright if they talked while they worked.  Immediately afterwards Domarus said in his deep and metallic voice thanks to the helmet, that it was what they had planned on.  After saying that Domarus walked off to fight a few boar.  Keres knew that even though the monster's levels had increased they stood no chance against Domarus.  His raw damage and high accuracy was far too superior for them to overcome.  Not to mention that unlike most dps players he had decent mitigation, and would soon get more by developing his heavy armor skill after maximizing his damage.  She giggled after seeing him completely decimate the boar and walk bored like to them.  She returned her attention to Sakoda and her new question.  Before she answered she spotted a plant called Chives.  She didn't know much about it but she went ahead and gathered it so she could experiment with it later.  "Well, Domarus has a job that gets us the col since it's the only one available.  We found out that all other Artisans have seemed to...  Cease activities.  And since potions are consumables he tends to use them a lot.  So if I can make them for Domarus, then he'll have free potions."  Keres knew it wasn't her place to tell Sakoda about the other ways potions could be used.  Especially on the mind.

ID#  82636  LD:  17  +1 MAT  1 Total

@Floofy

Edited by Keres

Sakoda blushed, noticing Keres' adorable maid uniform. Part of her even wanted to ask if she could try it on, but she put that bit of desire to the back of her mind. "C-Cute outfit, by the way!" She stuttered out, obviously loving the maid outfit. "Anyways, where do you want to start? I was thinking we could gather plants first off, and then move on to other things. While we do that, can I ask you about your relationship with Domarus? Like, how did you meet him?" She was rather curious about how Keres and Domarus met and became so close, but she also hoped that she could build up the relationship that she had with Keres. Even upon first meeting the girl, Sakoda kind of viewed her as a sister. She wondered how similar the two of them were to each other, and as such it made her want to know more and more. Her eyes wandered, partially because she knew that looking at Keres would make her obsess over the maid uniform even more. her eyes caught a plant, but it was nothing more than weeds. Certainly nothing that could be used in potion-making. Her attention was soon brought back to Keres as she ran out of stuff to distract her.

Spoiler

ID 82665 LD: 13

@Keres

Edited by Floofy

Keres saw Sakoda blush and wished she knew why so she could exploit it.  She explained it soon afterwards however.  When Sakoda complimented her outfit she couldn't help chuckling with a slightly mischievous face.  "Hee hee.  Domarus let's me wear whatever I like.  He doesn't really care at all.  Even if a woman walked up to him in a skimpy swimsuit it wouldn't faze him.  He sees outfits as one of many hundreds of ways to determine a person's personality."  She chuckled a little more before smirking at her.  "Why?  You want one?"  She made it very clear she was trying to embarrass her or mess with her emotions in some way.  After that she asked her how she and Domarus had met.  She smirked at her again.  "Oho!  Not even five minutes and we're already shooting for personal questions eh?  My my you must be veeerrryyy interested in me."  She chuckled again, enjoying her toying with the woman.  "As far as your question we met in high school and stuck together the rest of the way.  I can't share his story as that's his business but suffice it to say that I hated my parents so I did everything I could to stay with Domarus."  

ID#  82683  LD:  3+3=6  @Domarus

Edited by Keres

Domarus heard Keres chuckling and knew that she was up to her usual fun again.  He only hoped that Sakoda wouldn't have a very big negative effect from it.  He'd definitely need to talk with her later to try to unwind any twisted stuff his servant put into her head.  A twisted history breeds a twisted mind.  And Keres, although faithful, trustworthy and rather successful in her assignments, she was indeed a twisted and very unusual person.  Most didn't know it but she had turned off her pain dampener so she could feel everything that happened to her.  She was obsessed with pain.  Domarus returned his attention to his foes.  The four boar who's health was almost at half health now.  The four boar slowly got back up to their feet but this time they were determined to land a hit on Domarus.  Of course, this was something Domarus was hoping would happen.  The four boar ran at him, charging with the hopes that their tusks would deal massive damage to him.  They would have if he hadn't been wearing tier two armor.  The outcome was one hundred thirty two damage, but it would have been far worse if he didn't have armor.  Upon impact they ran into his gauntlets, receiving thorn damage at the same time.  After that he struck them with another supreme sword art, knocking them back a second time.

Spoiler

ID#  82685  BD:  5+3=8  MD:  7

Domarus:  448/580  HP  |  2/58  EN  |  54 MIT  |  24 thorns
x4 Boar:  
28/458  -14x2x7+24=220 dmg-

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Sakoda only blushed deeper. She could tell that Keres was toying with her, but for some reason she seemed to be enjoying it. Like she WANTED Keres to exploit her?! Who IS this girl, anyways? Looking around for anything to get her attention, she once again failed to find anything and her attention was soon brought back to the girl that taunted her so easily. "High school huh? So you knew each other in the real world. How fascinating!" Growing silent, since she didn't want to get too personally yet, Sakoda found herself gazing into Keres' eyes. They were almost entrancing to look at and felt like they were digging into her soul, trying to find anything interesting to exploit. A terrifying thought occured to Sokoda as she continued to look at Keres. Am I getting a crush on her?! WE JUST MET!! What's going on with me... This certainly wasn't like her.. Well, other than getting distracted. But nothing to this level. She needed to get control of the situation and fast!

Spoiler

ID 82778 LD 14

Keres' grin grew as she saw the woman blush even further.  This woman was as easy to mess with as Sey was.  Sey was fun to mess with as she pretended she actually liked him.  And when he showed that he didn't like her back, but was too nice to say it, she simply exploited that to the fullest.  Keres didn't care about love or any of that stuff.  She wasn't into that at all.  Pain, serving and Domarus.  That's what made up her life.  Whatever Domarus' desires or plans were was what she would strive to uphold.  Even if he went insane and created a group worse than the laughing coffin and Black Adder put together, she'd still do as he asked.  However she knew he wouldn't go that far.  "Yeah, it's been a fun ride.  Well since you've jabbed a personal question at me, how about I jab one right back at you?  Call it square eh?"  She grinned mischievously.  "So then.  Did you run into anyone who's impacted your life?  I feel that's a pretty equivalent question to ask."  It would become clear that the staring didn't effect Keres at all.  Mainly because she was used to being stared at in nearly every way.  She didn't care.  

ID#  82791  LD:  4+3=7

@Domarus

Edited by Keres

Domarus watched them from a distance and looked to Rhozarth, nodding for him to head over and keep an eye on them.  The flaming dragon nodded, knowing Domarus wouldn't need him to take care of these pathetic monsters.  Rhozarth took off silently as he typically did.  His black skeleton armor vanished as he flew over, swapping defense for speed and landing on a branch nearby the two.  As he landed he could see Keres notice him.  Rhozarth simply stared at the two.  His job was to ensure she didn't go to far and he knew that once she saw him she'd get Domarus' message.  Domarus had watched the dragon fly over there before returning his attention to the two boar who were still trying to get up.  The two animals looked at Domarus' gauntlets warily and took a short step back.  Domarus in the meantime looked at his energy meter.  It moved from two to three.  The next Aoe attack he could use required four energy.  After doing calculations he decided that after these two he'd take on monsters one by one.  The boar in the meantime were too scared to attack another time, afraid of getting hit by the gauntlets.  That was good for Domarus actually.  He needed to get energy swiftly so that he could knock out one of the monsters before his health got too low.

Spoiler

ID#  82793  MD:  5  Foregoing action

Domarus:  448/580  HP  |  3/58  EN  |  54 MIT  |  24 thorns
x4 Boar:  
28/458  

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"Umm, really, Domarus has been the most impacting to me. Ever since he saved my life and started teaching me, I've felt like a whole new person.. Other than him though, nobody has really payed much attention to me. Especially since this game started, people go out of their way to ignore me now. But you and Domarus have been so accepting of me, I'm very grateful for it. For both of you!" She smiled and looked down at her feet, wondering what it would have been like to meet these two in the real world. She would have thought harder about it, but it didnt matter now. Looking back up to Keres, she realizing that she couldn't even look at the girl without blushing again. Making a mental note to work on keeping these new emotions under control, she offered a hand out to Keres. "So, I guess we're kind of partners now, aren't we?"

Spoiler

ID# 82794 LD 2

She cackled a bit when Sakoda had replied by saying Domarus was really the only person in her life whatsoever who impacted her.  "Woooow.  Really?  So what, you didn't have any friends or family?  No parents to-"  She spotted Rhozarth land on a branch and gaze at her.  She knew what that meant.  Keres sighed.  "Sorry.  And of course we accepted you.  Domarus has a keen eye for strong people.  Physically or otherwise.  Although it was Rhozarth who caught the first glimpse of interest.  It's him you should thank."  The familiar stood there stoned face, not really caring at all for Keres' praise.  He did his job and he did it right.  That's all he cared about.  While the two had talked, Porvós continued to search.  The flaming snake came across a plant called Epazote.  Porvós slithered back to Keres after discovering it and rubbed against her leg.  She looked at Porvós and looked at the plant, adding it to her inventory.  "Yeah.  Alchemic partners I suppose.  So what is your first step going to be hmm?  Planing on crafting potions right off the bat?  Or do you think we should start by gathering more materials first?"

ID#  82850  LD:  20

Spoiler

Chives:  1
Epazote:  1

2 MAT total

@Domarus

Edited by Keres

Domarus watched as the two boar seemed to have noticed that he wasn't doing anything.  Not finishing them off at all.  The two were probably calculating the chances of him striking back and found them low.  And they were right this time.  However Domarus would be taking them both out soon enough.  The two monsters started to charge at him, one after the other.  Domarus however wouldn't let them hit him without dealing something back.  He slammed his fist into the ground in front of him, allowing the boar to dive it's skull into the spikes coming out of it, causing it to squeal in pain.  The second boar made the same mistake.  It rushed at Domarus and tried to jump over it's companion but it scraped against Domarus' shoulder piece's spikes.  One more energy began to fill itself on his energy meter again, showing that he was good to deal the last and final hit.  This was getting tiring so he might as well finish it off.  If the two boar tried to hit him again he might not need to attack though.  After all his thorns damage nearly finished the both of them off.  He turned to the two boar who were almost dead, his red visor flashing.

Spoiler

ID#  82851  MD:  6  Forgoing action

Domarus:  316/580  HP  |  4/58  EN  |  54 MIT  |  24 thorns
x4 Boar:  
4/458  -24 thorn damage-

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"oh, more materials for sure. The larger storage I have, the more I can craft, you know? Which actually reminds me, what kind of potions are you wanting to make? Poisons? Enhancers? Love Potions?" The last suggestion just kind of slipped out without her even thinking about it, causing slight blush. She was amazed that Keres hadn't caught onto her crushing.. or maybe she had and was just ignoring it? Either way, it was becoming painfully obvious, and the embarrassment only built up inside of Sakoda. Maybe she would get lucky and Domarus would offer to train her to appear emotionless and cold. In honesty, she wouldn't mind losing her emotions. Before, when she was alone, she often had nightmares about the horrors she could see while in this world, causing her to wake up and live that day without any caring, feeling empty and cold. It would often pass by during that night, but sometimes she wished she would just stay heartless and not have to worry about other people. After all, with the stigma everyone seemed to hold against her, it would seem nobody cared for her. Well, nobody except Domarus and Keres. As she thought, she dug around for materials, but found none.

Spoiler

ID 82869

LD 12

Keres nodded at Sakoda's statement.  She was certainly right.  However Keres wanted to gather a larger sum of materials for a different reason.  The more materials she gathered, especially since she wished to find out what the different ingredient varieties were capable of.  According to Domarus Mari had to study long and hard before she was able to master it.  And even then when she allowed him to watch her make a few potions they weren't all successful.  Keres grinned when Sakoda asked what potions she wanted to make.  "Ah, that's going to be my little- wait....  Love potion?"  She turned to Sakoda who was apparently blushing right about now.  Rhozarth watched with caution mixed with interest.  Keres stared at her for a moment before her lips began to curl into a grin.  She stifled back the laughter as hard as she possibly could.  "Aha, ha, so um...  Yeah uh, I'm just going to come right out and ask it, so that our partnership doesn't start off on shaky ground.  Uh, are you possibly, oh I don't know, liking me?  Right now?  In any way?  Cause I gotta tell you right now sweetie, I am not as sane as I look."  Her eyes glinted with mischief and something else that Sakoda wouldn't be able to recognize.

ID#  82876  LD:  9+3=12

@Domarus 

Edited by Keres

Domarus watched as the two boar made one last desperate charge in an attempt to kill him or at least bring him down to the red zone.  This time around however the two boar appeared to be taking a far more different approach.  One darted into the forest while the other charged by going back and forth to keep it's path hidden.  Domarus knew it would be futile to attempt to block them with his gauntlet and land thorns damage.  Besides.  He had the energy now.  It was time to end this pathetic little game.  He waited for the monster to actually hit him and when it did the boar from the forest shot out and hit him from the side.  He didn't move an inch.  He activated his sword art and released smash, knocking out the last of his energy and their health.  He put his ax away and turned around to check on the two.  He was surprised to see Keres holding back laughter, poorly held back.  And It appeared that Sakoda was blushing.  Sighing he turned to see his loot before heading over.

ID#  82877  BD:  7  CD:  3  LD:  20  MD:  9

Domarus:  118/580  HP  |  0/58  EN  |  54 MIT  |  24 thorns
x4 Boar:  0
/458  -15x2=30 dmg-

9,160 col

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"I-I uhh... Im honestly not sure.." Sakoda looked away, feeling really silly right now. "I.. For some reason, feel attached to you...' She wanted to start kicking herself, she sounded so stupid. She expected that Keres saying she wasn't as sane as she looked was supposed to scare her off or something, but it didn't. It didn't bother her at all, and she couldn't explain why. Perhaps it was the excitement that could come with it, or maybe she just liked the idea of insanity itself. Whatever it was, it kept pushing her to the other girl, telling her that she had an affection for her. Sakoda couldn't help herself, she had a crush on Keres and there was no explaining it. The two had just met and she had already grown attached. Groaning mentally, she dug around more for materials, hoping to find anything to distract her from Keres, but continued to find nothing. Hell, the game itself is trying to make me interact with her.. What is it about her that makes me feel this way?! Thinking frustrated her, but all she could conclude was that small hint of insanity that Keres seemed to have was what attracted her. 

Spoiler

ID 82881 LD 11

Keres could hardly keep herself from laughing.  This was just too much.  She had only just met this girl and apparently the woman was falling in love with her!  When she finally finished Keres couldn't help but let loose rather minor soft laughing.  She stopped fairly soon afterwards however and tried desperately to compose herself.  The fact that the woman hadn't answered her question about her being twisted had not gone unnoticed either, which she thought was rather funny.  Well, she did warn the fool.  
     "Aha, oh sorry about that.  It's just.  With us just meeting.  And you.  You."  She broke into another short burst of laughter and was about to fall over when she heard heavy steps making their way over.  She turned to look at Domarus and she allowed herself to flop onto the ground, a huge grin on her face.  This was too much for her.  So many ways she could mess with this girl.  She could lead it somewhere and then shatter her dreams.  Or she could use this to mess around with her, teasing her and leading her to believing she wanted it.  Like a human holding a dogs treat just out of reach.  So many ways to ruin this girl's life.  So very very tempting too.  However she knew that Domarus was already making plans for the woman, so she'd need Domarus to be the judge of it.  Keres took the LD item and handed it to Domarus who had the gatherer skill.  After that she just lay there composing herself and calming down the laughing fit that threatened to take over.

ID#  82956  LD:  10

@Domarus

Edited by Keres

Domarus had begun to unequip his hopebreaker set as he walked over, wearing casual clothing now as he approached the two women...  Keres being on the floor trying desperately not to laugh.  So much work, so much calculations.  So much pondering, planing, scheming, plotting, research, investigations, manipulation.  So much he had done and needed to do and from the looks of it, his most recent project appeared to be in jeopardy thanks to Keres it seemed.  He reached the two and stood there quietly as Keres tried to compose herself before she tossed the search enhanced item over to him which he caught in mid air.  He looked over to Sakoda who seemed to be blushing beyond belief.  He glanced over to Rhozarth, who appeared to be totally done with whatever this conversation had been revolved around.  Porvós was exploring the floor curiously as usual.  As Domarus equipped the searching item he sighed.  
     "Alright Sakoda, what on earth did Keres say or do?"  It was clear he was not looking forward to this, but no doubt it would give Keres more ideas.  This day was supposed to be quick and easy, allowing the two women to get to know each other on a once only occasion before returning to Sakoda's training.  Now apparently Keres couldn't help but mess things up.  

ID#  82958  LD:  11+3=14   @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Sighing deeply, she bowed to Domarus "Im sorry sir. I appear to have fallen for Keres. I dont know why, either., and I cant help myself," she explained, still in bow. "Please forgive me and my poor emotional control" She expected a scolding from her mentor, or some form of punishment. She should know to have better control than this, and yet here she was. Apologizing for being unable to have such control. "I promise I'll do better!!" Perhaps if she swore to perform as expected, he wouldn't punish her as severely as she expected. Maybe he would let her off with a warning. She was so focused on Domarus and his reaction, she didn't even think about Keres' supposedly sudden burst of laughter. She had simply passed it off as her finding it humorous for Sakoda to fall in love so soon after meeting her. After a moment's hesitation she looked up to face Domarus, expecting the worst and hoping for the best.