{PP-F2} Poisonous Hearts <<Earning a Living>>

The way Domarus asked the question to Sakoda forced a mix of a snicker and a chuckle from Keres.  Her eyes were closed now as she did her best not to laugh.  Honestly this was freaking hilarious.  And then when Sakoda told Domarus she fell for Keres she couldn't help it and started laughing a little.  She paused to hear her finish and when she heard her say that she couldn't help herself the laughter grew.  Oh this was priceless!  Surely Domarus would have orders for her at some point but for now she just wanted to enjoy this little skit!  Sakoda apologized for her poor control and that she'd do better.  As Keres calmed herself down a little, crawling out of her laughing fit, she knew that Domarus wouldn't be angry.  Confused and shocked maybe but definitely not angry.  Not much angered Domarus and especially nothing made him reckless.  She decided the best thing for her to do was nothing.  She wouldn't talk or put any input.  She wouldn't mess with Sakoda, or at least, purposefully.  All she'd do was keep an eye out for materials.  Unfortunately she needed to wipe the tears from her laughing fit first.

ID#  82979  LD:  1   @Domarus

Edited by Keres
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Domarus waited and watched as Sakoda breathed out a deep sigh, informing him that whatever it was it was more likely to be her than Keres.  Either that or she was highly tolerant of Keres' mischievous pranks.  She bowed to him and explained exactly what had happened.  After hearing the explanation he blinked in surprise.  Something that hadn't happened for a long while.  While he had devised plans in case she fell in love with another player, even plans if she fell in love with a woman, he could never have predicted that she'd fall in love with Keres.  On the first day they met no less.  He himself didn't understand love, and after what happened with Esther he didn't really want to.  It was a weakness in his mind.  Ties you to something that you must always keep happy.  Regardless this would need some.............  Thought.  When she apologized about her feelings and promised to do better Domarus was silent for a moment before speaking.
     "What the hell are you talking about?  I'm not angry in the slightest.  Surprised and taken off guard, yes, but not angry.  Confused too as to why you'd want her.  But I suppose it's just because you don't really understand her yet.  And as far as controlling your emotions I can help you with that."  He could also teach her how to shield her emotions from others but he did not want her trained in that...  Well, not yet anyways.  After this little 'incident' he would need time to think about everything that was happening, what could happen, what would happen, and what should happen.  And finally, how to get to that position.  He turned to Keres to get her to stop laughing but it appeared she had stopped already.  Rhozarth was just staring at the pitiful lot before landing on Domarus' shoulder.  He looked around but didn't spot any materials that could be gathered.  His health would take forever to recharge so he turned to the two women.  
     "I think I'll be tagging along with you two for the remainder of the time.  However if you wish for some....  Privacy I can move to a different area."  He wanted to see how Sakoda and Keres would respond to this.  He could predict Keres' response but Sakoda.....

ID#  82980  LD:  1+3=4   @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Sakoda nodded to Domarus' suggestion. "As you wish sir. That may be for the best, too." She didn't know what she would further do if left alone with Keres. Make a fool of herself, probably. More so than she already had, anyways. She couldn't stop thinking about why Keres though. How did she fall for her, and nobody else? What about this woman pulled her emotionally? Sakoda sighed to herself, resigning to the fact that it would take time for her to be able to answer these questions. Digging around for further materials, she sighed again as she failed to find anything. Maybe if I'm lucky, a Boar will ram into me and change this whole mess into something more manageable... .Although that was wishful thinking at this point, given Domarus' proven reaction speed. Frowning in frustration, she looked up to Keres with determination to figure out what about this...psychopathic woman... made her so appealing. It wasn't her looks, she had met lots of girls and guys that attracted her more in that department than Keres did now. Was it her eyes? Perhaps she gave off a certain aura that Sakoda subconsciously liked? Maybe Sakoda just enjoyed the girls manipulative behavior? The longer she thought about it, the more confused she got, making it increasingly obvious that she wouldn't figure anything out by herself.

Spoiler

ID 82998 LD 2

Keres watched Domarus blink and she stifled back more laughter.  Just by that one tiny little action she knew that he was far more shocked than he was leading Sakoda to believe.  She could see the gears turning violently in his brain.  She forced herself to get up to her feet and sighed, a wide grin still on her face.  Upon hearing the offer to leave them alone she managed to keep from laughing a little more and listened to what Sakoda would say.  Her words.  That may be for the best.  Keres grinned.  Oh this was so going to be a lot of fun.  She could tell rather easily.  She walked beside Sakoda, Porvós beside her and keeping it's eyes out for any material there might be.  Porvós slithered through the brush and around trees but so far he didn't see any plants other than the trees and grass.  A tad bit sad that he couldn't find anything he decided to keep pushing forward.  Keres in the meantime, decided she'd make an attempt to talk with Sakoda again without losing it.  "Sooooooo...  How about you tell me about yourself?"  She mainly wanted to know in order to one:  share this info with Domarus.  Two:  so she could mess with her more easily.  And three, try to understand better why this girl would ever like her.

Spoiler

ID#  83013  LD:  6

Chives:  1
Epazote:  1

2 MAT total

@Domarus

Edited by Keres

Domarus watched Sakoda as she nodded and accepted his words, mentioning how it might be for the best.  For crying out loud he thought.  Not only is she in love with Keres, but she seems to be afraid of the fact that she is.  Such a thing he had never even heard of, much less cared for.  Regardless of that however he'd need to make do with the situation.  He nodded to Rhozarth and the flaming dragon resigned it's duty of watching the two and resumed it's search for any nearby materials.  Rhozarth had one duty and one alone:  to Aid Domarus in all of his endeavors.  He wasn't like Keres who had her own little side pleasures along the way.  Domarus watched as his familiar flew off and turned around.  His health would take a while to regain anything so he supposed he'd need to hold off gathering materials from monsters another time.  The materials they could gain from destroying monsters would definitely have unique and very potent effects.  Even if they didn't, they'd still be materials, and he'd also gain col from them as well.  Unfortunately, as luck would have it, they found no materials whatsoever.  This entire day was turning out to be a bust and he sighed with frustration.  Perhaps the bonus materials would be a good amount to make up for their lack of materials.

ID#  83020  LD:  2+3=5  @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Taking a deep breath as to try an attempt to control herself, she smiled to Keres "Well, what do you wanna know?" It was her basic reply that she told anyone who asked about her. She was never one to talk about herself and by asking what someone wants to know about her, she can avoid other information being spilled out from her. It was the one thing she did that kept information about herself close. "My favorite color is green, I've been fascinated by familiars, and I've lead a normal life before all of this happened. Not sure what else there is to know about me." Small details to include, and vague as well. Maybe enough to quell anyone's interests in her, but chances are that Keres would pry more. She dug around for materials while she waited for a response, but continued to fail at finding anything. "Bugger.." She would tell herself, a slip of her British accent coming through, which didn't happen too often.

Spoiler

ID 83025 LD 10

Keres listened as Sakoda attempted to give her the roundabout and avoid any of the more interesting, and more important details, by trying to make her life appear dull.  Working with Domarus for years she knew better than that.  Favorite color, not an important fact in the slightest.  Her interest?  She already made that clear the last time they saw her.  And she had already said her life was unimportant.  Well, whatever she was hiding she wouldn't for long.  "I already knew most of that, you told us before.  I mean, what were you planning to do in the real world before you got trapped here?  What were your parents like?  Did you even have parents?  What did you do for entertainment before Sword art online?"  Since Sakoda had mentioned that she had a normal life, she was guessing what the third question's answer would be.  Of course she wondered if this girl had an interesting story after all.  As usual, Porvós, although he searched everywhere, was finding no materials.  Keres saw this and sighed, thinking pretty much how Domarus felt a moment ago.

ID#  83057  LD:  11  @Domarus

Edited by Keres

Domarus eavesdropped in on their conversation while making it appear he was focusing on gathering materials.  Being a master of deception and manipulation he could make this happen, and knowing Sakoda's current intelligence and reasoning level, he doubted she would see past this.  It was painfully clear she had made a novice attempt to withhold and avoid the topic of her personal info, which although it was a pathetic go at it, the action showed that she wasn't too incompetent.  From her comment it sounded like not even Sakoda had managed to find any materials.  He was really annoyed at this of course, and was wishing that they could find something before the bonus materials kicked in.  Keres' reply was decent but not the greatest either.  However for this player it was acceptable.  Keres was good at it but not a master like Domarus.  No, she preferred more of serving him than mastering something like that.  It was an odd and unique path of hers but it was her decision.  From the looks of it the familiars weren't finding any materials either.  This was really getting out of hand.  If they didn't gather more materials, then not only would Keres have nothing to work with, but Domarus wouldn't have materials to use if he received customers.  He thought he might have spotted a material but he was mistaken.  D***.  Even with his LD item he wasn't finding anything.

ID#  83058  LD:  11+3=14  @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"Umm, well, before SAO I was thinking about attending school to figure out what kind of career I wanted. My parents... They've always been too busy paying more attention to my siblings to notice me. At least, until SAO." She quickly moved off that topic, still trying to find any materials that would be of use. "For entertainment, I didn't really do too much. Swimming, bowling, dancing. Whatever I felt like doing for that day. Even in the real world, I didn't have many friends. I guess that's one of the things that translated over, heh..." Growing silent, her hand came across something different from the surrounding dirt. Pulling it up, she smiled as she finally found a material and added it to her inventory. About time, too. I was starting to get tired of finding a lot of nothing. Looking between Keres and Domarus, she noticed the two were having poor luck finding anything on their end.

Spoiler

ID 83059 LD 17 (+1 Mat)

Keres listened to Sakoda as she shared her story.  Inwardly she was envying the whole, parent's ignore her thing.  In all honesty she'd love to switch places with her for that same reason.  Her parents had never left her alone.  Ugh, so annoying beyond belief.  "Would've given anything to have been ignored by my parents," she mumbled.  It was nearly incomprehensible but she might have caught some of it.  Who knew?  Keres listened to her mention how she did pretty much anything for entertainment.  Swimming eh?  Keres didn't care about it to be honest.  Bowling?  She avoided it.  Now dancing?  She had never actually done it, save for at the ball, but it could prove to be interesting.  So long as Domarus was fine with it she may or may not look into it.  She looked at Sakoda when she mentioned her lack of friends.  "Domarus is my only friend.  However that was my choice."  She watched as Sakoda found a material.  "Congrats!  You found the first one after all this time searching...  Maybe we'll find one soon."  

Spoiler

ID#  83083  LD:  11

Chives:  1
Epazote:  1

2 MAT total

@Domarus

Edited by Keres

Domarus followed their conversation every step of the way as he wandered around.  It appeared that her relationship with her parents was quite the opposite of Keres' relationship.  Not only did her parents ignore her, but she had a sibling.  At least, one that was alive.  Two total opposites, it was a rather interesting topic that he'd like to see play out over time.  What would come of it was yet to be seen.  However he didn't think for a moment that Keres would fall in love with anyone.  He looked among the different plants for materials but didn't see any thus far.  That's when Sakoda began to share how she did anything for entertainment.  Domarus couldn't help but be annoyed that she didn't have anything in particular.  However he decided to go back to what this would mean.  Apparently as long as she had friends and others paid good enough attention to her she would be satisfied.  For the moment at least.  He spotted a group of materials nearby and went over, kneeling down to pick them up.  One was a Chives, one was an Epazote, and two were Lovage.  He handed all four over to Keres and continued searching, keeping up the pretense that he was focused on seeking materials.

Spoiler

ID#  83084  LD:  12+3=15  +4 MAT

Chives:  2
Epazote:  2
Lovage:  2

4 MAT total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

As she continued to dig around, her thoughts began to wander. As they did, something occurred to her.. Outside of the boss battle that she flunked horribly at, Domarus and Keres had never seen her battle prowess. She may be new, but she did have some fighting experience. Domarus should know what shes capable of if he plans on training her. Looking up to him, She spoke up. "Domarus sir, I was thinking.. You haven't seen me fight. At least, not enough to see my experience in combat. Perhaps I could duel you, or Keres?" She hadn't looked at the dueling menus herself, but she figured that there would be adjusters in case a player wanted to fight someone lower or higher leveled than them, to make the duel balanced. Even if not, her opponent could go easy on her to lower themselves to her level. Either way would work to demonstrate how strong she may or may not be.

Keres stared at Sakoda for a moment, wondering what on earth she could possibly be thinking.  Then she challenged Domarus and Keres.  She stared for a moment before laughing.  The idea of Sakoda fighting Domarus was hilarious at minimum.  She held back her laughter long enough to look at her.  "Hee hee.  Sakoda, if you dueled Domarus anywhere outside the arena he'd most likely kill you in one hit...  No actually, it would be two if he didn't use sword arts.  Regardless, don't go challenging him until you're far more powerful ok?"  She giggled a little bit more before sighing.  "And we could easily learn your fighting style by watching you fight a mob.  Why duel us?  Heh heh."  Keres didn't even consider dueling the girl herself.  She didn't have any power but she was possibly one of the most agile players in the game.  Even in the maid outfit.  She accepted the materials Domarus sent her and observed them.  Two were the same she collected previously, and two were completely new.  She'd look into them later.

Spoiler

ID#  83086  LD:  12+3=15  +4 MAT

6 MAT total

@Domarus

Edited by Keres

Sakoda had suddenly presented a rather interesting thought.  Domarus had not planned on approaching her combat style until he got her mental thoughts set.  However now that she brought it up he supposed there wasn't an issue.  He sighed after Keres had spoken.
    "She is correct.  You'd stand no chance against me, there would be no point.  And if we both landed a hit you would definitely die at level one.  Unless you grew a few levels that is.  If you wish to duel anyone you duel Keres.  While her damage might be nothing but one point, your chances of hitting her will be extremely low.  If you wish to duel it's your choice.  However, if you do choose to fight her, I will allow Keres to do as she pleases other than risking your death, understood?  I wanted to put this off until later, when you'd be ready.  But if you're anxious well.  Every bridge has it's toll."  This would be an interesting development and Rhozarth knew it.  He flew over to a nearby branch and ceased it's searching.  Porvós also stopped it's searching and slithered over to Keres, though it was more of confusion and lack of understanding of the situation that drew him over.
     "If you do not know where the duel menu is I can show you.  If you do I'll suggest a half health duel.  I'll also ask that you tell me what level you are so I have an understanding of what might occur."  Domarus spotted another group of plants and handed them over to Keres.  He looked forward to many powerful potions coming from her.

Spoiler

ID#  83087  LD:  12+3=15  +4 MAT

Savory:  2
Sorrel:  2

6 MAT total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"Oh, right! I've grown to level 7 now. If you wish to wait until later to test my strength, that is acceptable sir. It was only a suggestion that came to me while my mind considered other things as well. Although, i am curious as to how Keres would fight. I don't think I've actually seen it." Heck, she didn't even know what weapon Keres used. Thinking about the idea, she decided that she would leave it up to Domarus to decide. "It's up to you, Domarus sir. Like I said, it was only a passing though that I had." She smiled and returned to searching for any usable materials. If Domarus wished her to duel, then she would put a temporary pause to her search in order to perform for him. If not, then she can spend more time getting annoyed at her lack of ability to find materials for her to use. How was anyone making potions with these conditions, anyways? On second thought though, they probably have gear to help them search.

Spoiler

ID 83088 LD 2

Keres heard the suggestion for Sakoda to fight Keres and she blinked.  Now she was thinking about it.  And the thought made her giggle at the scene in her head.  She didn't care that Domarus essentially dissed her damage skills.  To her that was like people talking normally to each other.  However when Domarus mentioned that he would not hold her back and allow her to do whatever so long as Sakoda was not killed, she cackled.  Oh now the scenes in her head changed drastically.  She could think of a million things she intended to do and say.  Ooooh, she was interested.  Intrigued.  And felt no sorrow for what Sakoda would go through.  She wondered if she could convinced Sakoda to turn off her pain dampener but decided against that.  She doubted Domarus would allow it.  When Domarus informed them that they'd do it later she mentally sighed.  She was finally getting hyped.  "Oh well.  Guess you'll get to watch this pretty maid run around some other time, eh Sakoda?" she said with a mischievous smile, hoping to get the girl to blush again.  Keres spotted another plant, and inserted it into her inventory.  It would appear their luck was turning. 

Spoiler

ID#  83089  LD:  19  +1 MAT

Lemon Grass:  1

11 MAT total

@Domarus

Edited by Keres

He listened to Sakoda's words.  So she was level seven now eh?  It was quite the jump since last time but then again the lower levels were easily climbed.  The farther she went the more difficult it would become.  Still, he would need to start grinding again in order to keep ahead of her.  And to catch up with Aereth in level.  Regardless of that however he was here so he'd focus on Sakoda and Keres.  The best way he could describe them was the faithful masochist servant, and the naive and ignorant apprentice.  He still wasn't sure what to make of either of them.  After her words Domarus nodded.  
     "Your curiosity is natural Sakoda, and I shall shape that into something useful in time.  For now however we'll put off the duel and focus on gathering materials.  Our time is almost up so let's make the most of it."  So now he needed to plan out a lesson for Sakoda before and after the lesson.  Beforehand would be easy as he could predict her rather well.  Unless she threw in another curveball like she had today that is.  It was after the duel that would require much much thought.  He had no way of predicting the outcome and thus he needed to assume that every possibility was guaranteed.  Whether she hated combat, feared it, thrived in it, or if it was striking someone else, or if it was the way Keres would approach Sakoda.  He needed a few nights to think this out.  Then he could allow the duel.  He spotted four more plants that he added to Keres' inventory.

Spoiler

ID#  83090  LD:  20  +4 MAT

Lemon Grass:  2
Jade Vine:  2
Lavender:  1

15 MAT total

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Sakoda nodded and bowed to him, trusting that he knew what was best for her. She couldn't help but be curious though, as to how Keres would fight. Looking up at the sky, she noticed that the sun was setting. It wouldn't be long before they would have to call their gathering venture to an end. Looking at their current acquisitions, they didn't obtain very much. Hopefully what they did get would be enough to start their training. If not, they'd just have to keep an eye out for more materials as they traveled and quested. Taking one last look around for any more materials before the day was up, she failed to find anything that would suit her profession. Hoping to have ended this little experience on a high note, she sighed in disappointment and got ready to go back to town. At least she got to learn a little bit about Keres, and apparently learned some things about herself as well...

Spoiler

ID 83151 LD 12

Keres' first response was annoyance that she had gained no response whatsoever and sighed with frustration.  This was supposed to make things fun for her but now Sakoda wasn't even paying attention.  No doubt Domarus would teach her how to pay attention to her surroundings at a later date, but for now it seemed like she'd have to act like normal.  At least it gave her time to think of some seriously deep stabs.  In the meantime she supposed she should focus on gathering some more materials.  After all, she certainly did want to make Domarus the most advanced potions there were.  As she and Porvós searched however, there didn't appear to be any in sight.  As usual it seemed.  Sakoda seemed to be having a bit of trouble as well.  No doubt Domarus would want to wrap this quest up so that they could get to work, so she supposed there really wasn't much else to do.  They were probably either going to get bored or annoyed even further if they continued today.  Besides, Domarus might want Sakoda to have time to soak in these new....  Feelings she'd discovered.
"Porvós, come on, it's time to go.  Right Domarus?"  

ID#  83154  LD:  7  @Domarus

Edited by Keres

Sakoda had bowed to him and returned to her gathering straight away, ignoring Keres' rather...  Questionable comment.  He could clearly see the annoyance and frustration on her face and posture and thus he knew he'd need to separate the two before Keres went on another spree of hers.  Sakoda however....  He was still processing the fact that she was in love with Keres.  When he had met Keres the only reason he paid any attention to her was because she walked up to him and whispered that she saw past his mask.  He would have feigned ignorance beautifully if she hadn't given a list of his desires and personality.  He took her aside into somewhere private and immediately she had asked him if she could serve him.  Domarus had been utterly shocked and speechless and when he recovered he declined her request.  Then she began to beg and plead, clearly not going to stop until he accepted it.  That was when he had asked her why she'd want that.  This question led her to tell him her story.  Once he heard it he needed to process it before finally agreeing to accept her as his servant.  There were restrictions obviously but he could manage them.  He never realized how much of a benefit she could provide until after he had her.  After he found and picked garlic and lavender he turned to the others.  
     "Alright let's wrap this up and head out.  Sakoda, I'll see you in two days at my shop alright?  I'll have an idea for the duel then."

Spoiler

ID#  83155  LD:  18  +4

Lemon Grass:  2
Jade Vine:  2
Lavender:  3
Garlic:  2

19 MAT total