[F1-OP] Clairvoyance

The lovely day was marred by one last visit to the Monument of Life. His visits were becoming steadily infrequent as he weened himself off of his mourning, the positions on that stone that carried the names Tarou, Kaede, Takuya, and Rin all too familiar by this point. He was done feeling sorry and miserable. He needed to start making an effort to get back to the real world.

Retrieving his spear from his inventory, Alpheus stood up and rolled his shoulders, twisted his back, and did other such stretches as various cracks and pops were heard, before making his way down the crowded streets towards a town exit, greeting those he knew as he went. The weight he carried with him wouldn't prevent him from being there when they took on that final floor, nor would he let it affect him as he focused on keeping a straight face.

He'd stop by a couple of shops on his way out before trying his hand at his first bout of combat. Hopefully he would find some people to join up with, but what was the worst that could happen, right?

The day seemed to be a good one as it tended to be for the Town of Beginnings. All things considered, the majority of people had come to accept the fate that was Sword Art Online and aimed to turn it into the new reality. Lee himself had actually enjoyed things more so when everyone began to calm down. Today, he would spend time with his familiar and see about possibly taking her out into the fields. The plate armored man held the small boar on an arm whilst his other arm would hold onto the front of the furry pig, continuously using a finger to rub the side of the boar's head to keep her from jumping away.

In the midst of his thought, his eyes would catch a player with rather long blue hued hair and at a quick glance, he would have thought it to be a woman but upon more than a passing glance, the male attributes would show themselves. The player would greet him in a simple manner to which Lee would wave his hand slightly "Yo. Enjoying your day?"

Turning towards the source of the voice, Alpheus trained his eyes on the bold-faced man and smiled in reflex. He looked to be a more experienced player, carrying with him an adorable  boar familiar and a thick suit of armor. Alpheus wondered to himself what he would be doing on Floor 1, as he looked like he could easily be working towards the higher floors. Regardless, it was rude not to greet back. “Hey, man,” he responded with a smile, giving a small nod in Lee’s direction. “So far, yea. ‘Bout to head out of town.”   He held up his javelin and pointed it down the road, where one of the exit gates would be located. “Figured I couldn’t waste a day like this sittin’ around.” The cadence of his voice only further mimicked the relaxed, casual tone that he wanted to keep in place. If he acted calm, then eventually, he would be calm. That was just how things worked.

Turning his head back to the other player, he allowed himself to inspect the small boar again, chuckling as it squirmed in the other’s arms. As terrifying as the game was meant to be, it hadn’t stopped people from designing some really heartwarming creatures. “Taking him for a walk, I see?” Alpheus asked, “Or, her?” It was hard to tell. At the end of the day, that was all it was: an it, a simulation of an animal. At the same time though, it made life much more bearable to ignore the fact that they were trapped, and focus on the here and now.

Edited by Alpheus
Posted all in bold by mistake.

So far the other player seemed rather normal which was always a good thing as there were a multitude of individuals that were broken, adapted some sort of coping mechanism or were just down right weird. The blue haired man would speak about how he was just on his way out of town to try and make something of the daylight. "Ah, I see, I see. Mind if I play tag long? Kinda shootin the time myself." It would be then that the other man would take note of the boar to which Lee would reply "Her, Babette. Me, Lee." He would add his own name in for good measure as it also seemed like a perfect time to throw it out. "I figured it would be a nice day out with her and see just how adorable she could be."

Anthium scrolled through the morning news feed and inspected his stats and frowned slightly taking a slow pull of his coffee. Combing his fingers through his. Ears to clear the digital crumbs away from his morning meal he watched the passers by. What caught his attention was the guy carrying a pig and his conversation with a blue haired man. 'Probably out for a morning of leveling.' He rose from his table picking up the bear headed helm and equipped the two handed blade and walked toward the pair. Walking through the crowd was like a shark cutting through a school of fish until he caught up with them. Standing at a little over six foot he was easily able to keep tabs on them before they made their way to the gates and the fields beyond. Offering a warm smile he spoke confidently "Out for a bit of morning exercise?" The question was a deep baratone as he held out a meaty hand. "My name is William."