[PP-F4] The Essence of an Essential Tank <<The Essence of Steel>> [Completed]

Stomach lurching once more as the snow beast lunged at Shield, her mouth opened in surprise as it suddenly burst into bright pixels of the customary death animation, showering the tank instead of damaging him. Letting out a breath that she hadn't known she'd been holding, Piera huffed a laugh before taking a steadying breath. "Well I'm sure that was a surprise for him." Pausing briefly to scan over what she had received, she immediately sent Shield a trade request to give him the Essence of Steel.

Brightening at the compliment she received, the healer smiled somewhat bashfully at the fist tap on the shoulder. Gah, she was such a dork, but hey at least she apparently hadn't made a complete fool of herself in front of her new...acquaintance? Quest buddy? ...Friend? The last one was tentative. He still seemed very...formal and business like around her. Perhaps it was best she didn't push it.

Nodding at his comment about calling it a day, the armored woman followed closely behind just as before. Expression turning puzzled at being called a grump, she hadn't thought that she had been in a particularly bad moo- But at the tank's clarification, her face cleared in realization. It was so sudden, she didn't see it coming whatsoever. So when his nose was snapped off by his own familiar, all the brunette could do was slap a hand over her mouth to keep from laughing. It seemed disrespectful somehow, to laugh at the man that had just carried her through a quest, but try as she might an amused grin still showed from around her hand.

Starting slightly at a sound above her, Piera relaxed when she felt Jareth land on her shoulder, letting out a soft shriek to alert them of his presence, amber eyes glaring at the familiar on Shield's back. Smiling at the griffon's antics, the alchemist then spoke up, hand lowering away from her mouth, "I say we did rather brilliantly. Or, well you did. I really couldn't have done this quest without you. So thank you again. Are you sure the item drop will be enough?"

Then recalling something she had wanted to ask earlier, Piera exclaimed, "Oh, oh! Also, I was wondering if I uh...could ask you a few (possibly n00b) questions?" Only after getting a confirmation would she continue and ask, "What's this Flame Aura you mentioned? I assume it works like Thorns? And how, or where did you get that mask?" Referring to the horrifying Manticore Mask. She was starting to feel like she was being annoying, but she really did want to know and didn't particularly have anyone else she could bug about such things anymore.

Edited by Piera
Spoiler

Swapping Gear
- Razor Ire (-14 Thorns, -1 Recovery), -1 Bloody Hell (-2 dmg, -24 bleed), + Finder's Keeper (+1 skill rank: search & detect), +Seeking Aura (+3 LD)

ID# 83149 results: Loot: 20 + 3 item + 1 skill + 1 skill item = 25 - +1 Material (3 total)

Shield groaned, turning away and busying himself as he traded out his gear to mask the unfortunate results of Norbert's attitude issues. He lowered the mask once again, hoping to prevent any discomfort in the conversation from the garish sight as his Survival skill went to work regenerating the loss.

"Well, Flame Aura is a little more potent than Thorns, not to mention that each slot of it also counts as a slot of Damage Mitigation, so it's doubly useful," he explained, pulling up his specs and pivoting the window so Piera could see properly. "As far as where the mask came from, there's a quest chain called 'Arabian Nights' that starts on the fifth floor. The mask is the last hit bonus on the manticore you encounter in the second part."

By now, he could feel the tip of his nose once again, which told him that his regeneration had done the trick. He lifted the mask back up just as his earring lit once again. Glancing up, he found that they were under the same berry tree they had encountered before. Apparently something had ripened in their absence, or to think of it more aptly, the same spawn had likely refreshed. He picked the one that looked the ripest and his earring dimmed once again.

Edited by Shield

Averting her eyes at Shield's groan, trying not to make him more self conscious even though the corners of her mouth still twitched upwards, eventually she couldn't resist commenting, "So cat got your tongue but turtle got your nose it seems." It was lame, but she still nearly bust a rib to keep from laughing at her own pathetic joke.

Trying to sober herself as the more experienced player began his explanation, she caught in her peripheral vision that he was trying to show her something on his menu and so tilted her head, stepping slightly closer to eye over his specs. She had to admit, she was surprised. Not at just his specs but that he was showing her them so openly. Some things weren't visible just via the party interface. Seems Shield was a fairly honest and open man. ...Not that she was exactly a threat to him or anything. Even with his pitiful damage, he could literally 'plan B' her to death. Shaking her errant thoughts out of her head, the healer focused on what he was showing and telling her.

"Jeez, that's insane. Damage and mitigation... Wait...'slot'? I would've thought it was a Unique Skill. But it's an enhancement?" Sure enough, it was on that mask. Made sense once he further explained. It seemed a rare drop. "Whoa....I'm not sure I even want to imagine how hard that quest is... I was thinking of recommending it to my bo-fiance," She corrected herself, feeling her ears warm slightly before continuing with determination, "But uh, I think I'll wait to even mention it until we're both higher leveled."

As the pair approached Snowfrost's safe zone, Piera spoke up, "I'd say if you need a healer, feel free to call on me but uh....pretty sure I would die nearly instantly on anything that you would need healing for. But I'll strive to get better. Still though, if you need anything that I can do for you, just let me know, okay?" Smile full of contentment and gratefulness, the alchemist raised a hand to wave at the older man as she walked towards the teleportation plaza. "Later Shield. Hope to see you around sometime soon. Thanks again! And I'll be sure to message you as soon as I finish with your order!" With that, the brunette finally stopped walking backwards, turning and jogging away.

Spoiler

ID: 83150
LD: 11
No Materials Found

[Quest Rewards]

- All -

200 Col (400 thread length/2)

- Shield -

Essence of Steel

1 SP (Thread length)

3 T1 Materials

- Piera -