[PP-F3] <<Search for the Hoya>> (Lee)

The sun was shining down upon the world of Aincrad on this fine, beautiful day.

Today was a strange day. She started off the day thinking about the future - something that is perhaps one of the most indefinite things in life. The future is flexible, always changing and always altering forms. You can never know what the future will yield but you can prepare for the possibilities. It is inevitable that Kasier will be married soon - she didn't know when and where but it is a fact that Itzal, on one of these days, will come to her with a wedding ring. If that happened, she needed something for him as well and she had heard about a pendant hidden deep within the maze of the third floor. If she is able to obtain this pendant, it would serve as quite the nice present to him. And with her mitigation and thorns, she should be able to take on every single mob in that maze without any trouble.

And so, she waited until the night before reaching the place for the night was when this place was the easiest to find. Plus, night time also gave her the chills, enough to make her be on her toes constantly. She could hear screams and wails from deep inside the maze as she stood on the outskirts, convincing herself that the screams and wails were far from realistic and she could scream a more realistic one at any given moment. This place was a perfect place for zombies to just come out for no reason and start attacking people... In fact, it feels like an apocalypse-themed movie scene right now. Kasier sighed, she would wait to see if anyone else wanted to complete this quest. She wouldn't mind the companion in such a terrible place.

@Lee 

A small boar would bolt through the darkness, the light squealing would mark the piglet through the night. Not too far behind was a plate armored player that followed in the same direction. This was the owner of the familiar though it kept the habits of the typical animal which is one of the things that Lee enjoyed and disliked at the very same time. It kept things very grounded and as it was in the real world when one would own a pet of sorts. Though, he had taken a small leave of his home on the very same floor and as soon as he had put the familiar onto the ground, it made a beeline straight away from him.

While normally he would have simply demanded the tiny boar to stop as he had done plenty of times before, today he figured that an outing wouldn't be the worst and with no idea where he would have wondered otherwise, this was a happy accident. Though, he also wasn't quite sure when he should call it quits and with the sun seemingly gone and the area around him to have changed from what he was used too, he figured that it should be soon. That was until he heard the sounds of screams that one would hear coming from a haunted house. It was here that he would take note of a figure that his miniature boar would stop a few yards from to scratch the back of its ear with a hind hoof. Lee would move closer to the figure to find that it was a player and would raise a hand in a small greeting "Yo, you here for the haunted trail?" He would joke lightly about the sounds coming from the maze.

@Kasier

Kasier stared straight ahead. If no one comes in the next five minutes, she would venture into the maze by herself, not that she minded that really. As stated before, this maze, no matter how you looked at it stat-wise, was a piece of cake even for someone who dealt a maximum of one damage. It was then that she heard a rustle in the grass - a disturbance in the peace of virtual nature. Threat. She thought, turning around and holding her fists up. She did not have a weapon equipped as a tank build and the only item of self-defense was her fists. She had sensed something charging towards her and she expected it to be too late when she turned around. When she turned, she expected to be hit head-on by a strong mob but instead, there was a boar... Smaller than most boars and it had a passive face. Seems weak. Not strong enough to worth my time dealing with it. She thought, relaxing and turning around once more. 

It was then that she heard a human voice behind her. It seemed that she might have a companion for this quest after all... Although she isn't the most talkative person. She hoped that the man was a DPS because then the quest would get completed a little bit faster. Kasier sighed, she had yet to even ask him if he wanted to join her on the quest. Kasier nodded, "I'm going in for the Hoya. Want to join me? Are you a DPS?" She asked simply, no words wasted, no words short. Just the right amount of speech for the other person to understand her.

@Lee

Edited by Kasier

The small boar would continue to be oblivious of its current surroundings, only taking note when a particularly loud scream would emit from the maze. The armored male player would only really be reminded of past Halloween events in the real world. While he did in fact enjoy the moments, he wasn't one for the scare most people went for and found himself more defensive and easily agitated. He would let his attention focus on the armored female as she would bring up Hoya to which he thought about for a moment. He remembered the quest and had planned on doing it himself before unsavory events prevented him from doing so. He would tilt his head to the side "Cool. Yes. No." He would bring his shield around and tap his plate chest. "I would still like to tag along if you don't mind. I've been wanting to scout out the maze for a future endeavor to get the same item."

@Kasier

Kasier sighed. It appeared that the man was seeking for the item as well. The final answer that the man had provided was not a response that she wanted to hear. She would have much preferred him to be a damage dealer as then the quest would proceed in a much faster fashion. Although, if he had high stats as a tank, perhaps he has a more effective version of thorns that can be used against the mobs compared to her thorns. Although she wanted the item to herself, she would feel bad since the man wanted the item as well.  "Alright, you can have the item. I am just hoping to complete the quest for the skill points." Kasier said, turning towards the maze. "Although I'm not sure how we are going to complete the quest either. You don't look like a healer and you said you are not a DPS. If you are a tank, that makes two of us... Two players who can't deal any damage at all. We're going to have to use any enhancements that we have on our armors. Do you have thorns?" Kasier asked. Since neither one of the two players can deal damage, that means they must use other methods to defeat the mobs inside the maze. If the two players' mitigations were high enough, they won't take damage and every time a mob attacks someone who has the thorn enhancement, the damage is dealt the other way around. If it's possible, the two players can even split up mobs and make the process faster.

@Lee

Lee could tell that he wasn't the particular type of person she wanted for the current job at hand though she would be willing to accept him anyway. She would go on to state that he could take the item for himself as she was aiming mainly for the points. Lee would laugh and look toward the maze as she would go on about him not having the appearance of a healing to which he would nod in agreement and then state that she was a tank as well. "No, no, I didn't mean I wanted to go for it right now, I'd rather do it on my own time but the experience would pleasant." He would then draw his sword from its sheath located on the back of his shield and then continue "I have bleed and paralyze on my sword so that could be useful for damage over time and..."

He would then tap the sword against his shield "...I have paralyze also on this with added thorns." He would then nod his head in the direction of the mazes start and continue "Though, I think with enough hits, it'd be nice to for them to crash against us till they die. Maybe freeze whatever we come across and poke it a bit."

Kasier stared into space for a while. In the end, they still didn't come up with a plan. Kasier sighed, deciding that a plan would probably not be needed for the two players to venture within the maze. They can talk more about the quest as they find their way around the maze. Even if they didn't have a plan, the two players would probably be fine. This player seemed like he has the mitigation to handle any attack that the mobs throw at him. The man had paralysis and bleed and she kind of hoped that he didn't have paralysis because that would only slow the battle down as it prevents the mobs from attacking. And since the only way for tanks to deal damage is through thorns damage. "I'm not sure about the usage of paralysis. Once you paralyze them, what are you going to do from there? Deal one damage to them?" Kasier said, "Although nothing can be done about it now because bleed is a valuable enhancement for taking out the mobs and if you must also use paralysis with that, I think it's worth it to have that weapon." 

Kasier looked into her inventory, checking to see that she had whatever she needed already equipped. She also had the five healing songs that she received from Itzal but she doubts that she will have a need for them. Without saying another sentence, she stepped into the maze to be greeted by a scream from within it. This is going to be an excellent night. She thought sarcastically, carrying on walking.

@Lee

Whilst the female player seemed less and less enthused about the current setup but in the end, was willing to let him in on the venture none the less. Lee would raise his sword up and let it rest on his shoulder as she would state what he would do once they were unable to move in which case he would nod his head affirmatively "That would be the plan though it would be nice to get myself a weapon that did have just the bleeding effect to maximize the passive aggressive nature of the tank class without just standing around." Lee wouldn't take any amount of time looking through his own inventory as he rarely had anything worth changing or checking. While this was nice in its own right, it would also be nice to have those sorts of situational items that he could switch between and actually do something.

It was then that he remembered that when he had the chance, to try and find a blacksmith and get himself some gauntlets in order to do some damage in that way. Maybe put bleeding onto them in order to maximize what it was he aimed to be. He would follow the female tank and upon passing the threshold, a loud screech would cross the air which would cause Lee to raise a pinky up and rub inside an ear "Well, this is gonna be awesome."

"Quite awesome, indeed." She said in a serious tone as she took yet another step into the maze. The two would then progress into the maze, accompanied by the other player's familiar and the occasional scream that happened to cross their way. She realized that the two players had yet to introduce themselves but this was simply a cooperation in questing so it should not make a difference whether or not the two players knew each other's names. They were there to get the quest done and that shall be the only purpose of this adventure, not to become acquainted with someone else. After walking for approximately thirty minutes or so, Kasier began to speak again, "If you get low on health, I am also a healer so I can heal you up a bit." She said, remembering to tell him just in case the battles get out of hand. With that and another sigh, she carried on walking in the front with Lee trailing behind her and the boar following along.

After another half hour or so, Kasier turned the corner to see a transparent woman walking with a baby in her hands. Kasier could only see its side so she didn't know what her face looked like but it was obvious that it was troubled. Not sure how to approach the situation, she immediately turned back and backed up against the wall that she had turned from, "Be careful. There's a strange mob up ahead." She said, red eyes reflecting the rays of the moon's light. "I think we can sneak past it easily, though." She exclaimed.

@Lee

From the way that the armored female sounded, she wasn't one for the joys and festivities of things or maybe it was the area itself. Maybe she had heard of the maze-like area and as she stated, wished only for the experience rather than anything else. He could understand where she was coming from as not everyone had to enjoy everything about the game. As they moved forward through the maze, she would speak up about being a healing to which would actually surprise him a bit "Oh, that's nice to hear and I'll try and keep that in mind though I would also like to not need for you to bust out the heals in the first place." That was a pleasant surprise to say the least to hear that there were other people in the game that had a healing ability instead of focusing on the item aspect of things.

The tiny boar would continue to run from one side of the hedge to the other and only stop to sniff the leaves and upon hearing the screams, it would quickly run to the other side and repeat this motion. The trek would then take what felt like forever as the constant screams and noise of the area were becoming far more annoying than when they had first started. It was then that they stopped and a few moments later that the female player would turn back and speak of there being a creature up ahead but if they so chose, could aim to simply bypass the monster. Lee would lean over to seemingly get a better look and tilt his head to the side upon seeing the ghostly figure and that it held what one would assume to be a baby or small creature of some kind.

Lee would then answer "It looks kinda...sad? Should I feel sad? It is sad, right?" He would glance back to the armored woman "You wanna try and talk to it? It could be quest related...or a bonus?" He would then pause "Or a trap...or a normal monster. Either way, I've got no real quarrel with trying to move by but my curiosity has been picked. You?"

Kasier stared at the man as if he was crazy. Here they were, standing with their backs against the wall and all around them, screams were blaring out from nowhere. The ghost, see-through as if it was plastic, did not look like it was dangerous. It looked fragile but it was still a ghost nonetheless. If the two players were to talk to it, they could face a possibility that the ghost turns hostile and start attacking the two players. This way, they would get caught off-guard with no defense at ready to face the mob. Kasier sighed, she hated making decisions such as this. It was obvious that the male player wanted to talk to the ghost but she didn't see a benefit in that. It was probably easier for them to walk past it without being detected.

However, she has heard about and experienced something called a randomly generated quest. An RGQ, as the people abbreviated it to be. These were random quests that can spawn at random places at completely random times to surprise the player and give them an opportunity to obtain a price or skill points. These quests are not set to appear at any time but are randomly generated so you never know when you might encounter one. The last RGQ that she had encountered was triggered by her discovery of a pit in the ground during a simple beginner quest. It turned out that she had to retrieve an ancient gem and the story was quite an interesting one. Now that Kasier remembered that, she was not sure whether it was possible that this ghost might also be a quest.

"Fine,"  Kasier finally decided, extremely sure that the two players will start regretting it as soon as they talk, "But if the mob turns hostile, I want to retaliate as soon as possible so be prepared to defend and attack. You take the lead." Kasier turned the corner and allowed Lee to approach the ghost. "I have never been good in conversations."

@Lee

Edited by Kasier

Lee found a bit of joy in the fact that the idea wasn't dismissed right away by the armored woman though she would state that they should prepare themselves should something happen and the ghost-like creature were to turn hostile. This was a fair and reasonable thing to assume and wouldn't have any grounds as to why he would disagree. "That's more than agreeable though it would be interesting if it is something." He would bring himself to a straighten posture as she would speak about him taking the lead and that she wasn't the best when it came to the conversing portion of things. He would nod his head in agreement and would break his cover so that he would have clear view of the ghostly apparition and would take his first couple of steps and aim to take the least threatening posture as one in his position could all the while, raising his free hand "Hey there miss, you doin alright?"

@Kasier

ID: 84307
BD: 9

(This is where I have no idea what to write anymore)

Kasier watched carefully from behind the male tank to see the ghost turn around to reveal her ghostly face. Instead of eyes, she had black, pitch black holes that took the place of where the eyes would normally be. She was a dreadful sight, absolutely horrifying but it showed no intention to attack. The baby that she was holding, on the other hand, was normal except for the ghostly aura that it was giving off. Despite the man's attempt at speaking to it, the ghostly figure did not respond to the man's response but simply floated there, doing nothing. Mhm. Kasier thought after a few minutes of awkward silence. "Seems like it's not going to talk. Let's move." She said, already rushing forwards but immediately when she walked past the ghost, it made its move.

It floated backward and stopped right in front of Kasier to stop her from moving any further. Kasier studied the terrifying figure with a frown. If she had been the Kasier from a while back, she would have been too scared to do anything but freeze on the spot. However, this Kasier was different. Kasier sighed and pulled out her starter weapon and slashed at the ghost. The attack, to her surprise, landed, splitting the ghostly character in half but right when it did, the figure came right back together and held the same figure. Once again, it did absolutely nothing but stand there.

"I don't know what to do. Seems like it does not want us to proceed. But not telling us anything is not helping. Let's go a different way." Kasier said turning around.

"Hold on....." She suddenly heard the ghost faintly whisper.

@Lee

(Feel free to put whatever you want her to say >.>)

Edited by Kasier

The armored man would stiffen as the ghost would turn to face the one that had addressed it but with eyes void as...well, a void, he was taken aback. He would simply stare till he heard the words of the female behind him that spoke of the ghostly creature not wishing to speak. He was about to speak about how she was right and how they should progress when the ghost would seemingly take a small amount of opinion on the matter by aiming to stop the armored woman. She seemed unfazed by the sudden incorporeal roadblock and as he watched her go for her weapon, Lee was about to say something and reached out but as the blow was struck and a moment passed, the woman would come together. "Well.....d*mn." Lee would simply stand there, a bit baffled at not only was any damage done but that they were not in battle as the spirit did nothing. His temporary partner would then suggest that they find another route and as she turned around, the ghost would come forth with simple words. "Hold on....."

The spirit would slowly tilt its head to the side and turn it downward, as if to gaze upon the small child in its arms with a overall atmosphere of mourning. "I don't want it to end this way. My poor baby. You can't let it take my poor baby. You have to help me. If I lead you to the bull headed beast, would you slay it?" The ghostly apparition would twitch, its head jerking slightly each time she spoke the word baby and all the more violently as she began to speak about the beast. Lee would glance toward the woman, the ghost and then back to the woman "You think she's talking about the same monster we're looking for? If she is, it'd be hella nice to find it sooner rather than wandering around for another lord knows how long."

"Might be a trap,"  Kasier said under her breath. This game was so flexible in the things that it places within it that anything is a possibility. Would the game truly have made it as easy as it was to find these beasts? What if the ghost led them to a pit and flew over it so the two players would fall through the hole? What if it was leading them to a bunch of other ghosts that can deal a massive amount of damage? The male tank seemed to think that following her might lead to them completing the quest faster but was there an even greater risk for them for follow? Kasier sighed, giving in. She was thinking too hard and there was no point. No matter how dangerous it might get, this was still only the third floor. The mobs here should be no threat to her and the other player seemed capable of surviving as well. "Whatever, I'm tired of walking in this maze. Let's just follow it, I guess." Kasier said, beginning to walk.

Soon enough, the two players were greeted by the beasts that they were to face in order to complete the quest. Indeed, the ghost had not deceived them. Mhm. She thought, watching as the two beasts noticed their arrival and greeted them with a snort from each of them. Behind them was a tomb, rusty and out of shape. The two beasts appeared to be minotaurs with large horns sticking out of their head and each wielding a sword and a shield. This... Does not look like a low-leveled mob. She thought. "Alright. Looks like this is it. You take the right one. I'll take the left. Try not to die." Kasier said, "That would not be good." She added, walking up to the minotaur that she was to face. It was then that Kasier realized that she did not have thorns on her at the moment and that she had switched out her gear which had the thorns.

"Actually, I just realized that I don't have thorns. I suppose we are going to have to fight them together. You tank, I'll heal if need be."

HP List
[0]Kasier: 720/720 | E: 72
[0]Lee: ?/? | E: ?

Hoya Minotaur: 45/45 | D: 30
Hoya Minotaur: 45/45 | D: 30

@Lee

Edited by Kasier