F1-PP) Finding a friend (Feeding the Enemy)

Spoiler

ID# 84658 results:

Loot: 18 MAT FOUND

Sky was walking away from the player he had been helping, not intentially, but he thought that he had been following closely. The area was uninhabbited by mobs for the most part, so there was no risk at all of him being hurt. Sky was looking around, and managed to find some cotton on the trees. But before he could keep going, after of course collecting it, he heard someone talk behind him. He hadn't heard anything, footsteps, nothing! He quickly spun, fists up taking a step back, his face in a combat mode, looking at somoene who was standing tall over him.... The guy was a player, had a dagger on his person, black hair, a cloak.... He didn't get a good vibe from his look, though... 

"I'm trying to find a familiar, what are you doing sneaking up on people, you looking for trouble?" He said, not in an aggressive way, but he had no idea what was going on right now. He was ready to fight for his life if he had to... But by his gear sky knew he was a high level, maybe even a frontliner. He wasn't familair with any of them, and he knew a lot of the people who were stuck down here... He hoped he wasn't about to die.

@Hikoru

Edited by Stryder

Hikoru watched him turn and hold up a fist. He saw him as a threat, which he expected as he came out of nowhere, but he asked if he was looking for trouble. Hikoru's eyes turned into a cold stare. He wouldn't take a threat like that. He unsheathed his dagger quickly, bringing it to the throat of the player in the blink of an eye as his face was revealed from behind the cloak. Cold, steel-gray eyes peered into the eyes of the other, seeking for the fear that was within them for sustinence. They were prepared to kill at a moments notice, and they would not be taken lightly. In a low tone, he murmured a few words.

"Choose your next words carefully, or they may be your last." He said in a low tone, but every word was coated with malice, making sure that the player knew that he meant what he said, if his eyes already didn't tell what they told. He was not one to be in such a mood, but nobody would stand in his way for revenge, and any threat meant a danger to his mission, no matter who said it. This player was searching for a familiar, and in that moment Sutetchi appeared from the pocket that was within his cloak and appeared onto his shoulder, his ferret eyes peering into the player, showing some sort of affection to try and calm the player, and nuzzled up into Hik's neck to try and calm him down, feeling the tension in the room and wanting to dissolve it.

Sky was dumbstruck, he had been prepared for something rough, but in the blink of an eye before he could even react he had a dagger up to his throat. He didn't move, not an inch. This was the literal closest to death he had ever been!!! The look in the guys eyes... He recognised it, his own stare when he had to deal with a threat, only.... This was a lot more serious. He now knew this guy was on the frontlines, as only someone who has lost someone would have that stare, he didn't have the same drive.... He couldn't hope to... He shivered a little, actually scared, and when the ferret came onto his assailents shoulder, he noticed it was trying to stop the action. He knew he could very well die here and now, but he didn't wnat to.... He wasn't ready.

"I'm sorry... You came out of no where, your dressed in a cloak, it was my first reaction you might be a player killer, i apologize sincerely for accusing you straight away, i'm sorry" He said, and while shaking, he didn't shed a tear, and his voice wasn't begging for his life, and it was sincere, he meant every word, just like this guy did. He slowly lowered his fists, taking great care not to move them towards his assailant, dropping them till they were by his side.

Hikoru listened to his apology, and that with the combination of Sutetchi calming him that he lowered his weapon slowly and sheathed it, but still hovering his hand over it. He backed away slowly to give the player some room, then let out a sigh, his face disappearing behind his cloak once more. He had let his anger get to him, but could he blame himself? No, he had his reasons to be like this, but he still needed to be careful. He let out another small sigh and looked to the player.

"All is well. Apologies, It appears my anger is starting to get the best of me." He said with a low tone. He scratched his familiar's chin, and when the familiar felt that the anger had passed, he disappeared back into the blue cloak. Hikoru gave a very faint smile and looked back at the player. "So your doing a familiar hunt eh? Hikoru, Master of Shadows." He said, giving his name and title, but doing no bow or anything formal, just crossing his arms and waiting for a reply.

Skys tension left as the person, who had just identified themselves as Hikoru, pulled and shealthed the dagger. He couldn't help but stumble a few steps, having been trying so hard not to move that his mind tricked him into pulling away. He was alive, thats all that mattered... He didn't recognise the name, Hikoru Master of the Shadows. He was guessing that he was a stealth player, but he already knew that from how brutal his ambush had been.

"Its all good... Thanks for not slitting my throat... I'm Stryder, member of the Emerald Harbingers.... I don't really have a cool title yet" He said, trying to let off a light laugh about  the whole situation that had just happened. 

"Trying to find myself a pet.... Don't know what i'm looking for yet though" He said, sighing, wishing he knew exactly what he was looking for. It would make his life a hundred times easier, if he could actually find what he wanted, but he wanted to know... 

"Are you a frontliner?"

Hikoru listened as he introduced himself and gave a nod. He was from the Emerald Harbringers, a guild that he had heard about, none of them were on the frontlines as of now, but he still gave them their turns to try and come together as a guild at events if they show up, but they still had no name behind them, so he didn't give them as much credit as he would the Spectrum Coralation or the Knights. He asked if he was a frontliner, and he gave a small nod

"I've been on the frontlines since floor 14. Started at level 29. So it's been awhile." He said with a small sigh, remembering how awkward he was at that time, and how much he ha truly grown in the past few months. He had become so much more than he had ever planned, and he let out a small sigh as he came back to reality. He came back to his topic. "Do you have any Luck-Boosting items? They make it much easier to get a familiar, let alone get a unique one with enchantments." He said. He had been lucky with Sutetchi, but he knew that for other players, it was a constant struggle to find one if they didn't have the right equipment.

So, he was right. This guy was a frontliner. He started when they hit floor 14... He has been there for awhile then. He wondered if he would ever make it, this guy had survived, if he had managed to, there was a possiblity he could to, if he managed to get to Hikoru's level.... Which he hoped he would... Eventually.

"Sadly no, i haven't... Kinda makes life hard without it, i'm born unlucky when it comes to searching" He replies, having no luck for finding anything. Whenever he tried, he always either tripped or had a bird drop it on his head. He never actually walked around and actively found it with ease, it was always a struggle. He hated it, he wished he had a little luck, and now that he had Eatos to gather for him he might have a little more... He wanted a familiar....

"Well.... I hope i manage to get a unique one" He says, taking a deep breath before letting it go. He hoped he would get lucky, he doubted it, but he hoped.

@Hikoru

Edited by Stryder

Hikoru gave a nod as he listened. The boy was having difficulty to find it and he understood that. It could be difficult to search at low level's, and he decided to help out this young man. He opened up his inventory and looked to see if he could find any LD items. Sadly, the best one was for Tier 2, and he knew that this player wasn't at that level yet. He let out a small sigh and looked around, seeing that nothing was here.

"I wish I could help more, but I don't have anything that you could use..." He said, scratching his chin in thought. He knew that familiar's could be found around here, but you would have to be really lucky to get it. And even luckier if you wanted to get a rare enchanted familiar, which him and many other players had been lucky enough to get it. He took one last look around before turning back. "I can help you search though. What type of familiar are we looking for?"

Sky shook his head, not fully knowing what kind he wanted. He wanted something small enough to fit in his pocket, but he wanted something that could protect him from damage. He had a jacket that increased his evasion ten fold, but he needed a familiar to give him enough protection to stay alive. He sighed, thinking. Maybe a dragon.... But its to big, something small like a bird would be cool, but he didn't know how it would protect him very much.

"Its all good, i have an item, buuut i left it at my shop.... and its on the second floor, i don't feel to much like going to get it. As for what i want to get, i honestly don't know. I want something that can act as my mitigation" 

For some reason, Sky couldn't help but admire this guy. From his atire he knew he wasn't a tank, and especially when he said he was a master of the shadows, saying he wasn't a tank at all, but he was a DPS, which is what he wanted to be on the front lines. He wanted to be as strong as this guy probably was.

@Hikoru

Edited by Stryder
  • 2 weeks later...

Hikoru listened and nodded. It was fair enough that he was confused. He himself had mulled over what familiar he wanted for while, until he finally found Sutetchi, his ferret. The two of them were close, but they didn't communicate as often as they once did. It was because Sutetchi knew that he didn't like to speak that much these days, so next to the rustling in his cloak's pocket, his familiar would just give him comfort on nights where they slept outside. He really needed to get himself a home, but he knew that he was just waiting for the right floor to get one. He also needed to start saving up col if he wanted to get anywhere near the floor that he expected, which would probably be one of the higher-up ones. He just gave a shrug.

"Sometimes you have to wait until you find the one you want to know that it's the one you need." He said with a small chuckle. It can be the hardest thing to choose between options, but there are times when you just know, you have a feeling that it's the one that you want. He let out a sigh and waited to see where they would be going, as he was just a follower on this expedition.

Spoiler

ID# 85875 results:

Loot: 16 - Familiar Found - Familiar run away(Not desirable roll)

Pet Image

Image result for Cats

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/ARTHMB-HowToHelpYourCatHaveFewerHairballs-20160818?$AR1104$

Sky was looking around even more intently, feeling like he was going to find something soon... He was walking aimlessly around at the moment, the grass getting a little thicker as they went deeper into the forest, though he felt something.... Brushing against him.

"Well.... for some reason i feel that one is nearby..." He replied to his newfound companion, before feeling something brush against his leg again. He reacted kind of viciously, instantly going to defend himself before seeing a beautiful cat, it was a really light orange, with white mouth and stomach with beautiful light blue/green eyes. His heart melted, and he instantly wanted it, he had found the one.

Before he could do anything to try and tame it, it vanished into the thick grass.

"D.....id you see it???"

@Hikoru

Edited by Stryder
  • 1 month later...

Hikoru nodded and saw the cat at the boy's feet appear. He thought he had found a familiar, but soon it ran away and he asked if he had saw it. He gave a nod and sighed. He turned to the boy and rubbed the back of his neck. That was a familiar he could have had, but he knew that he hadn't had the best of luck. He gave a sigh and pat the player's back.

"I saw it bud, but I don't think you have enough luck-increasing items to really get lucky enough for one of these..." He looked at the side of his HUD, and saw that it had grown later than he had expected. He saw that he had a message, and he knew that it was probably from the person he was thinking of, probably reminding him or asking him where he was. He gave a sigh and ignored it, then looked at the player "I have to get to another place, but I recommend that you get some luck-increasing items, and maybe another player and take another look around to see if you can get lucky again. Sorry I couldn't really help you, but I must be off." He said quietly, then opened a Shadow Door nearby, stepping through and appearing on the other side of the map, at the main town. He gave a sigh and teleported to one of the higher floors, going onto one of his previously planned adventures.