[F2-PP] <Let there be light> Lets save her Aereth!

Spoiler

<<Let There Be Light>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2
This quest is repeatable for Col only

This RP will not count in the benchmark

tumblr_m4xz7qzTO41r1v8ydo1_500.gif

You have been approached by a worried NPC Mother. She is erratic, and asks you to help find her missing child. She tells you that her child was playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked my monsters, their friend got away but they are still missing. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Requirements:

-Rp must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
-Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>.
-
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
-You must find the lost child

Giant Bat Information:

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 20

Rewards:

1. 1 Skill Point.
  2. A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25

Solo Mid level player or a group of low level players is advised
Recommended level: 5

This was Zanne's first venture to the second floor. She finally felt strong enough to move up a level and explore. It wasn't long however before she came across an NPC that was in tears. It was just an NPC... Zanne thought to herself. But she was crying... Zanne had to do something about it, she couldn't just stand by,. The NPC said that her daughter was trapped in a cave surrounded by monsters. Even though she knew that they were just a programmed quest her heart ached, she couldn't just stand by when people were in need, NPC or no. Zanne accepted the quest and began moving towards the western gate of the town of Urubs. She wasn't sure if she was strong enough to do this on her own but she was committed. She did however think of sending out a open message to see if anyone was in the area. He usual tank was out questing at the moment so she couldn't rely on Gryas to keep her safe. "Heading to the western cave to save an NPC. Company welcome." She sent out, not sure if anyone would reply she began making her way. 

@Aereth

Edited by Zanne

When Aereth read the open message that said that some player was about to do exactly the last quest Aereth still hadn't done on this floor, he couldn't belief how lucky he was. Immediately starting to run to the coordinates of said cave, while typing a short reply.

To: @Zanne

Subject: Quest

Text:
I will gladly help you with that quest, and I think that I should be able to be a good help if there will be any fighting involved.

Kind regards
Aereth

After that he pushed the send button, and even increased the speed of his running. He really hoped that this particular player wasn't messing around with him, since he really needed to finally finish this quest. 

After a couple of minutes, Aereth reached the cave, and started to look around, in order to see if anybody was already there. Unfortunately, Aereth wasn't able to find anybody besides some basic mobs like boars and wolves. Sighing, Aereth took of his black coat, placed it neatly under a nearby tree and then choose to leap up a tree, immediately making himself comfortable on a bigger branch, from where he could easily see, if anybody would approach the cave.

Zanne continued to make her way through the town and was surprised when she had received a reply so quickly after sending out the message. A player named Aereth said they were willing to come along and help with the quest. Feeling glad that she sent out the message she made her way to the cave, only stopping occasionally as she passed through the town to quickly browse the goods at one of the stores. She was out of the town and heading through the outlying areas and decided to have a look around for something useful as she walked. Unfortunately there wasnt much to be found and she decided to press on a little quicker until she finally stumbled across the entrance of the cave. Looking around she figured she must have beaten Aereth to the cave so she decided to take a quick peek inside as she waited. She entered the mouth of the cave and decided it was best not to go too far lest she get lost, it was pitch black inside and she could hear noises made by monsters that were a bit unnerving so she headed back out to wait for Aereth.

ID# 85034 results:   Loot: 9 (no mat found)

Edited by Zanne

When Zanne made her apearance at the cave entrance, Aereth slowly got up from his comfortable sitting position and was just about to jump off the tree, when he remembered that this player might get afraid from his orange cursor. "'Sh*t. I need to do this right..." he thought and slowly unstrapped the sword from his back. After that he stored it into his inventory, and pulled down his face mask that now only looked like a scarf. "Hey there, I assume you are the one who wrote out the message. My name is Aereth." he said in a calm voice and let himself drop down from the branch before raising his hands in front of him. "I mean no harm to you. I messaged you earlier and offered my help in this quest." He only wore a slim, grey shirt with a V-neck, some simple black trousers and his boots of course.

@Zanne

As Zanne emerged from the caves entrance a figure fell from a nearby tree and approached her. Zannes heart panicked. she saw a orange marker above his head and she knew that it meant a very bad thing. Her dagger was in her hand and she was backing away into the caves entrance when he spoke identifying himself as Aereth, the person that said they would meet out here. Zanne was nervous that this whole meeting was a trap to lure her out here, she reached the caves mouth again and replied to Aereth. "How can I trust you? You have an orange marker above you, you have hurt people." Zanne was almost ready to turn an run but decided to hear this player out. If she didnt like what she heard she would try and lose him in the cave where its dark enough that she might get away, monsters be dammed.

Hatred, fear, mistrust. These were the emotions Aereth was able to see from Zanne, and almost every other player he had met in Aincrad since he had received his orange cursor. "To answer your question, you can't and also shouldn't. But hear me out. I mean no harm to any innocent player here in Aincrad. Quite the opposite. I'm only hunting down the scum that terrorizes the weak. But today I only came here to do that quest. Nothing else." Aereth replied, still with his armes raised in front of him. He noticed how the girl was clinging to her dagger, and was backing away deeper into the entrance of the cave. 

Just when Aereth was about to speak up once more, he noticed two shiny red eyes in the cave. Immediately he pushed forward, his hand clenched to a fist and began to charge up a sword art. "Watch out." he said as he reached Zanne. Roughly pushing her to the side, Aereth was just able to get her out of the attack range of that stupid mob, before meeting the big bat-like mob with a left right combination of his two fists. The mob scattered into little polygons, and Aereth turned back to Zanne. "Never turn your back to cave entrances with mobs inside." he said calmly and opened up his inventory. A few button presses later he was standing in his full battle attire. Additionally he was holding a small crystal in his left hand and extended said hand over to @Zanne, offering her the item. "This is a basic teleport crystal, that teleports you to the northern gate of the town of beginnings. If you ever feel threatened by me, just use it and you are safe."

ID# 85262 results:
Battle: 7+3, HIT
Damage: 14*2 = 28 DMG

Aereth: 800/800 HP | 76/80 EN | 12/14 DMG |

Big Bat: 0/20 HP DEAD

OOC: This teleport crystal is only there for plot reasons, so it is useless if you want to use it in an actual battle.

Zanne was thrown to the side faster then she could react, she mannaged to tuck and roll back up into a crouch as she skidded to the side and watched as the largest bat Zanne had ever seen exploded on the end of Aereth's fist as it flew through the air. Zanne paused a moment, her mind racing. If what he said just before the bat showed up was true then maybe she had nothing to worry about. 

Aereth then opened his inventory and before she knew it he was fully kitted out in battle gear and was walking towards her once again. Along with some very simple advise that she felt foolish for not naturally following he also held something in his hand. A teleport crystal? She knew what they did but never held one before. "Ummmm, OK, thanks Aereth.." She said a little cautiously, she did however place her dagger back into her belt and stand up straight. "We can work on this quest together, but I hope you don't feel offended if I keep an eye on you so don't try anything funny OK?" Zanne said, accepting the crystal and placing it in her belt pouch. 

"Don't mention it. Just be careful from here on out. And I've got no problem with that. To be honest, I'm quite relieved to see that there are at least some player on the first floor that aren't so naive as to trust an orange player right from the beginning. But please also be careful with open messages when you head out alone." Aereth replied and sent the woman a party invitation. "I should have done this quest at the time I was around level five or six, but it seemed like it somehow slipped my mind." After that he turned around and they started to explore the cave. "Did you get any important information from the NPC that handed out the quest? I know the rough borderlines, but not exactly what this quest is about..." Aereth asked, locking his brown ores with Zanne's blue ones. It seemed like more player were opting to pick up the dagger skill lately...

@Zanne

Zanne made a not of how she should send out open messages in the future. True it could be an easy way to lean oneself into danger! Following Aereth into the cave she pulled up her inventory and looked at the guide book within. Luckily the inventory screen and the guide book them self let off enough light to read what they contained. "The quest says that the little girl is trapped in the cave guarded by some bats. I don't think that one you just killed was one of them though, they seem to be a lot deeper in the cave!" Zanne replied @Aereth as she closed her inventory and squinted out into the darkness. Luckily it was not pitch black in here, you could just see what was around you but anything further then a few feet and it descended into complete darkness. 

Zanne looked around for any ores or anything else of use from the floor as they walked deeper into the cave, unfortunately nothing caught her eye, maybe it was just too dark after all? 

ID# 85272 results:   Loot: 1

Spoiler

Requirements:

-Rp must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
-Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>.
-
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
-You must find the lost child

Giant Bat Information:

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 20

Edited by Zanne

"Hmmmm. So just some basic fighting and finding that kid... Well that shouldn't be too hard." Aereth answered Zanne as they walked deeper and deeper into the cave. "Hey, I saw you are using a dagger. Quite a rarity in here. I only know three players, that are using the one handed dagger skill, you included. So may I ask you what build you are going for?" Aereth asked, the curiosity getting the better of him. Even though, Aereth usually enjoyed the silence, some small talk wouldn't hurt anybody. Right?

It seemed the were able to see less and less with every step they took deeper into the cave, so Aereth decided to do something. "Give me a second." He said and took off his coat, storing it away in his inventory. After that, he activated his unique Flame Aura enhancement on his armor, and smiled at the blonde. "Now we at least have some light."

@Zanne

Aereth had asked her what her build was going to be, she had not put too much though into it, she just figured that being her small size and wanting to mostly stay out of the spotlight the dagger seemed like the way to go. She played a bunch of different role playing games before and having a thief-like character seemed like it would be a fun way to play. Plus she liked treasure so it just made sense. "Well I was planning on going for a kinda roguish build and getting the search and lock pick skill. light armour as well I guess! I will work it out as I go!" She replied. Aereth then started fiddling with his equipment which made Zanne tense up a little as she couldn't see what he was doing, but relaxed once the cave was suddenly filled with the dim light coming of from the fire his armour was producing. "Oh that's much better! Its like your a giant walking bonfire!" Zanne said with a smille. The light was nice to have and set her a bit more at ease. With the light in the cavern now it made it a lot easier to find things as they walked, she noticed what looked like a chink of ore mixed in with some rubble to the side and excitedly picked it up receiving a notification pop up saying she had found a  Tier 1 Crafting Material.

ID# 85448 results:   Loot: 16 (Found T1 Material) 

Edited by Zanne

"A scout, it is then..." Aereth thought while Zanne explained to him how she wanted to pick up the searching and picking skill, and chuckled at her comment about him being a giant walking bonfire. "I myself also have some basic knowledge about scouting and such stuff. It really helps me out finding mats or gathering information." Aereth said and looked at the armor set Zanne was wearing. "You also mentioned that you wanted to pick up some light armor? If you're really interested in getting a good armor set, I could craft one for you. I've got a tailor shop on the fourth floor."

After some minutes of walking, Aereth managed to hear some sounds from deeper in the cave. "I think we will reach our quest objective quite soon." he said to his blonde companion in a low voice and turned off his Flame Aura Enhancement. After peeking around a corner, Aereth activated his search and detect skill, and managed to see two mobs as well as the child from the quest objective. Turning back to Zanne he said. "The field bosses are just around the corner. If you want, you can have a shot at them, but if you prefer me to simply take them out, I'd also be down for that. Your call."

Party Information:
Aereth: 820/820 HP | 82/82 EN | 14 DMG | 48 MIT | 10 Flame Aura
@Zanne: ???

Mob Information:
Giant Bat 1: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG
Giant Bat 2: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG

• 2 weeks later...

Zanne:  HP: 60/60,   EN: 6/6,   Base Dam:  3, +1 Accuracy,  Mit: 0

Zanne looked at the two large bats she could see through the darkness and she hesitated. They seemed quite dangerous and she was not sure she would be able to take them head on. "Ummm I think I might let you engage them first if you are OK with that Aereth? They look a bit too strong for me" Zanne said as she held out her dagger, ready to follow him into combat. She then thought about Aereth's other question about being a Tailor. Zanne felt a bit guilty that she would have to turn those services down, at least for now. She had already promised her friend that she would go to his store to get her first light armor. "OH and sorry Aereth, I kinda already have a friend that was going to make some armor for me, I appreciate the offer though! Maybe when I can afford some higher tier gear I can swing by." Zanne replied smiling once again. 

@Aereth

Edited by Zanne

"No problem at all. That was just some shameless self-promotion." Aereth said and chuckled at the comment. "And it's also perfectly fine with me if I attack them first. This should be done really quickly." He said and and slowly unsheathed his one handed blade and placed it in a backhanded position. "As soon as I've taken them out you can also come out and we can finish this quest." Aereth then added and dashed towards the two bats. His sword was glowing, indicating that he was charging up a sword art, and as soon as he closed the distance, he released one of his weaker AoE Sword Arts, intending to end the dumb mobs. 

Unfortunately the mobs noticed him and his attack and managed to dodge accordingly before the blade could make contact with their virtual bodies. "Why can't you do me a favor and die..." Aereth grumbled in a low voice, clearly annoyed that he missed his attack...

ID: 858281
Battle: 1 Critical MISS

Party Information:
Aereth: 820/820 HP | 81/82 EN | 14 DMG | 48 MIT | 10 Flame Aura
@Zanne

Mob Information:
Giant Bat 1: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG
Giant Bat 2: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG

The bats darted into the air as Aereth charged forward and they managed to get out of his reach in time and clung to the ceiling. They looked ready to lunge down and attack and that made Zanne a bit nervous to move forward. She did not want to die in a cave like this one on the second floor and if these bats got a lucky hit on her it would all be over. Staying a safe distance away Zanne watch the battle in front of her. She needed to get stronger, she didn't want to have to rely on other people so much as she had lately but if she could just get a few levels under her belt she would be able to not only take care of her self but help other people as well. She still was not sure what to make of Aereth, he seemed willing to help and Zanne did not think that he meant her any harm because if he did she would already be in that danger. Even though he had told her that he hunts down the kind of people she had originally taken him to be, she still had to wonder what kind of person would be able to do something like that. Zanne did not think that she would be able to take the life of another player but I guess in certain situations you didn't know how you would react. And she hoped she would never find herself in that situation.

The relatively short blade was still carried backhanded by the hunter, and his patience with the mobs was melting like ice in the desert. He hated it when mobs unnecessarily took away from his time. Especially since could lie down right here in front of them for the rest of the day without getting in real danger. 

Sighing, he tightened the grip on his blade, and lowered his center of gravity in preperation for his next, and hopefully last attack. "Here we go..." he thought and immediately began to charge up another sword art. "This time I won't let them dodge..." With that Aereth shortly vanished from sight, due to the high speed he took off with. Only a white flashes were to be seen and two times the sound of a blade cutting through some flesh was heard. Shortly afterwards the two mobs scattered into tiny little polygons, and Aereth popped up besides Zanne once again. Gently putting a hand on her shoulder, he whispered with a small grin. "Sorry, beautiful. I didn't intend to keep you waiting for so long"

ID# 85879 results:
Battle: 10, Hyper Critical HIT
Damage: 14*9 = 126 DMG

Party Information:
Aereth: 820/820 HP | 64/82 EN | 14 DMG | 48 MIT | 10 Flame Aura <<Shadow Explosion>> used
@Zanne

Mob Information:
Giant Bat 1: 0/50 HP | 20 DMG DEAD
Giant Bat 2: 0/50 HP | 20 DMG DEAD

Zanne gave Aereth an incredulous look with a slight smirk at the comment, as smoothly as this was all going so far she still did not entirely trust this man. With a smile she replied "Wow that was fast, you made short work of them!" Zanne then moved past him letting his hand fall on empty air and when she noticed the small child cowering in the dark she rushed up to her and tried to comfort her. A part of Zanne realized that this small person in front of her was just a series of code but still seeing this small child like this made her forget about that. "You poor thing are you OK? Here let me carry you out of this horrible place!" 

Zanne turned and looked towards Aereth and was genuinely grateful that he had helped her get this far. "Thank you Aereth, I couldn't have done this without you."

@Aereth

Edited by Zanne

"That's in my job description. My blade is yours to use." Aereth said and only noticed after he was done talking how wrong that sounded and almost fell face first to the ground before adding a small. "For that quest." and regaining his composure. "Now we only need to get that kiddo back to the quest NPC and we're done here." Aereth now said in his usual matter of fact tone. When the woman started to talk with Aereth simply followed her and took a look at the 'quest objective' "Man Kayaba really did a splendid job in coding these things..." he thought quietly while watching his female quest partner interact with the NPC. It was somehow unsettling to see so a 'real' seeming AI messing around with the feelings of real players... He hated it.... Shaking his head, Aereth put a smile on his face when Zanne thanked him for his help on the quest. "No need to thank me. Yet." he said when he activated his search skill just to see that even more mobs were heading their way. "As much as I like this dark and humid place, we need to get out of here before this place gets littered with mobs.

@Zanne