[F2-PP] Falling stars, rising hopes (Carambit, Atzo)

The nightwind blew strong through the streets of Urbus. Atzo sat in the tavern, The Cloak of the Changing Tide shown tremendous patterns of colour moving across the emerald green fabric. Atzo sat at the quiet bar, the only other person there being the bartender. Atzo let his hand down to his side, making a quick and precise hand signal before remembering that Kikas was no longer with him. He sighed with remorse as he took a sip of his wine. “I really should get some jager” He said aloud to himself as he recalled what he could of the last month. More accurately recalling what Stryder had told him of when he was found by his guildmates. “I really am The Forgotten King aren’t I? Seems to be how my harp is played, while beautiful, everything that is heard is somber and depressing” He took a final sip of the Pink Fox wine he had in hand before ordering three shots of jager. “Gotta drown out the pain somehow don’t I?”

@Carambit

Walking into the tavern, Carambit stretched and looked around to see who was about. A couple of people here and there talking among themselves, most of them he didn't recognize. One such person was sitting alone, enjoying a wine. He seemed like a nice enough guy, it just looked like he was having a rough time. Carambit started walking over to him to chat and see if he was alright. As he approached, the guy downed the remaining wine, and ordered 3 shots of jager. He shuddered at the thought.

"Ouch. Those wouldn't mix well. You're a braver man than I." he commented, before gesturing to the seat across from the other player, silently inquiring as to whether it was open for the taking or not. Normally he wouldn't approach someone and ask if it was cool to sit with them, but he figured why not, he had nothing to lose and he could potentially make a new friend out of it.

Edited by Carambit

Slightly surprised by the voice Atzo shook his head at the brown haired man who sat next to him. Perhaps I am loosing my touch, it is not normal for someone to be able to sneak up on me like that. “Bravery has nothing to do with it.” Atzo said, his tone of voice seeming to be emotionless. The blue and red strands of colour that moved through his cloak seeming to intertwine slightly before separating once more “I am Atzo, The Forgotten King. Leader of the Emerald Harbingers. I am not hear to be brave but to drown my sadness in something that, in the end will leave me worse off than when I started. Hopefully the few hours of bliss it gives me will be worth it.” Atzo downs two of his shots immediately after, feeling the warm tingle of the alcohol swim down his throat and into his stomach. He turned to the man sitting next to him, observing what he was wearing. “Who might you be?”

@Carambit

Carambit listened to Atzo start rattling off his titles as he slowly slid downward into the chair and sat across from the player. As he began to speak of his sadness and the rough patch he was going through, Carambit began to sense a long, depressing story incoming, so he began to tune out a little. He heard the hustle and bustle of others speaking around the tavern, not close but conversations had from afar. One man lifted his flagon of ale with the other across from him as they collided, uproarious laughter billowing out from the two of them. Just after this happened however, he heard Atzo's pitch spike upward, and Carambit's attention snapped back into the conversation.

Oh no. He thought, That was a question.

Not about to embarrass himself in front of a potential new friend, he figured that introductions were what the man was asking for. "Carambit. Pleasure to meet you, Atzo. Well if you don't mind, I'd like to join you." He said as he himself ordered a mug of beer. If he was really with a friend, then why not have a drink.

Atzo nodded at the man who addressed himself as Carambit. “So, what brings you here? Looking to drink away your troubles as well? Or did you have other intentions?” Atzo took the third shot before ordering another glass of wine. This man before him seemed to have something on his mind, perhaps he was just shy, or maybe there was more to it then that. It was a curious question that would not be easily settled over a round of drinks. “Oh, that reminds me. You seem to be in need of some better gear, I am as well. If you would like to join me after this drink, I plan to enjoy the night sky as I take on some monsters. It is always nice to have some company when you do such things, though if you would rather stay I won't blame you” Atzo sipped his wine, not yet feeling a buzz. He would have liked to stay there and drink until the room spun but that would have taken him far too long, and he had a new prospect now. Something to take his mind off everything.

@Carambit

"Oh, nothing too exciting. I was really bored and needed something to do. Couldn't help but realize I'm starting to feel lonely down on these lower floors because most other people are starting to progress into more dangerous territory and I'm kinda getting left behind..." He trailed off and looked into the mug he'd ordered, bubbles gathering around the edge of the liquid in the cup. "I'm hoping that I'll be able to catch up to them eventually."

The notion of teaming up and gaining some better gear immediately peaked his interest. "Yes! I'd love to get some better gear! Wearing this same old stuff has me running around in circles taking on really weak mobs one at a time, really not making any progress. I'd totally be down to go hunting!" He started to get pumped up at the thought, started feeling that adrenaline rush of having company to work with through the difficulties again. He began enthusiastically drinking the beer. He almost couldn't wait to get going.

Atzo stopped for a second as he watched the man across from him get more excited then a caged puppy meeting its new family for the first time. Atzo chuckled to himself, this kid reminded him of Stryder, so full of energy and want to get out there. “Alright, but calm down, if you drink it too fast you may be too drunk for us to even fight.” Taking one more sip of his wine Atzo stood up, equipping the Faces of the Damned, his leather coat and Misguidance, the now cracked mirrored blade that showed the inner demons of all those who looked into it. Knowing he wouldn’t be able to see what Carambit’s inner demons were he took a brief look into the mirrored blade himself. Strangely he only saw himself, sat atop the profane peek where he had been brought back to reality by Stryder, Eatos, and Kyoto.

Atzo waited for Carambit to finish his drink and began to walk into the windy night. “We may stop by my house as we go, if that is alright with you.”
(OOC: Note you can only see your own inner demons through Misguidance. If someone else is looking into the blade as well you will still only see yours, they will only see theres)

@Carambit

Carambit chuckled. "Ah the alcohol here doesn't affect me nearly as much as it did back in the real world. I'll be okay." he smiled as he took another mouthful of his drink and stood up with his friend.

As Atzo pulled out his blade, Carambit couldn't help but examine it. He saw himself in it. Not quite himself, but it was certainly 'him'. He saw his meek self, standing alone as his friends all walked away from him. He saw their smiles laughing as they spoke to one another. He saw himself sitting alone under the spotlight of a full moon peering through the clouds, but as he began to look deeper he was suddenly snapped out of it by Atzo's request to stop at his place. "Oh! Yeah sure, that's fine." He himself didn't have a house yet. He knew how ridiculously high they're priced in this world, and knew how little Col he had left. Buying a place seemed so far out of his scope. This guy Atzo must be several levels ahead of him.

Atzo noticed that Carambit got absorbed by Misguidance. This was probably the most common reaction though the fear and loneliness that Atzo observed was all too familiar. Perhaps this kid is more like me than I thought The wind blew quietly, cooling the mountain air slightly “It is about a three hour trip if we walk. Though when I run it I can shave off a quite a bit of time. How fast is your running speed? Or would you prefer to walk it? I really don't mind either way” The full moon light the field around them though was fast to dwindle as they entered the dark forest. Atzo always had an affinity for the night. He felt comfortable, as if he was at home when the moon rose. Operating on little to no sleep anyways he had no problem navigating through the night like a wolf. He just hoped he wouldn’t end up losing Carambit as they walked.

@Carambit

The cool air rolled through Carambit's hair. He liked nice cool nights like this. "Uh, my running speed? Not incredible, let's say that much. Probably better if we walk it. We wouldn't want me running out of energy before we even get to fight." Carambit said, half joking, half concerned that exactly that would happen. He looked up at the moon hanging in the sky, stars looking down over the whole floor. "So, you've seen the floors above this one right? What's it like? Are there any you... You know, like?" he asked Atzo. He wanted to get to know him a bit more, but at the same way at least by asking this he would get a slightly better gauge of where his new friend sits on the experience scale. He knew for sure this guy was tougher than him, but he wanted to at lease close in a little bit on just how much tougher he was. "Do you know people on any of the upper floors? People in the clearing parties and whatnot?"

Atzo chuckled “Yeah, it is hard to find someone who can keep up with me at fifteen miles an hour.” it was not normal for him to brag but he found that he had some pride in his running speed. “I probably haven’t gone as high as you think. Mostly just floor thirteen, and while I have met some of the front line players, they aren’t much different than anyone else. To be honest that is why I started my guild, to help lower level players get to the point where they can rival the frontliners. If you are interested in joining us, just let me know.” They were headed down an unkept pathway, it was rarely used by anyone other than Atzo and the few people he brought to the Emerald Mansion at a time. Even then, most people didn't take the path. Those who came to visit him didn't normally know of the pathway. 

@Carambit

Carambit strongly considered his offer. He felt like he was missing that community, friendship and comradery that came with being part of a guild. He wanted to get a better feel for this guy and the kind of players in the guild first, before deciding to dive in. "I'll take that into consideration. Thanks for the invite." He said to Atzo with a smile. "So, what kinda materials did you want to gather today? Metals? Hides? Maybe hope for some equipment drops?" Carambit said, as he stretched and then relaxed his arms and rested his hands on the back of his head, before examining his new buddy. Atzo seemed like the type of player who had decent gear. He had to be at least level 15, so the gear down on floor 2 probably wasn't worth his while. "Being that I'm teaming up with you, the monsters we're going after are going to be pretty tough, aren't they?"
@Atzo

((OOC: Sorry for the late reply. Had a pretty busy day.))

Edited by Carambit

They crossed into the forest, Atzo was keeping vigilant, he hoped that Carambit’s excitement wouldn’t distract him from the task at hand but he didn't have high hopes for anything at this point. “Well, I am looking specifically for equipment, but I will let you get first pick. You will need it more than I will. Also you can have any Col or materials we find along the way. I just appreciate your company.” Atzo said, he had a laid back expression, Misguidance hung loosely at his hip, the ‘sheath’ it sat in was no more than a few pieces of leather that kept the sword on his belt. It covered none of the blade, allowing the Cracked, Mirrored surface to be seen by all even when Atzo wasn’t carrying it, however it was mostly covered by his cloak. “As for strong monsters, I am too high level to get loot on this floor so we will need to jump up to floor four if we want to get anything substantial. You are okay with that right?” Out of nowhere a large purple cat seemed to come out of the bushes, apparently it had heard them talking about fighting monsters and wanted a piece of us itself. Atzo didn't give it a chance to do anything, swiftly activating Fight Blade and Charge he sped into action, slamming into the beast with immense force. It collapsed to the ground stunned. “Well It should die next turn, go ahead and give it a swing, I want to see your fighting style”

ID# 85893

Battle 9+2=9 (Crit+1) [(6Base+1Crit+1Charge)*6=48 DMG] (+stun) (+Bleed)

Mob 2-3=1 (Miss)

Stats

@Carambit 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 1 EVA | 1 Acc | 2 Dmg [Hate: 1]

Atzo 340/340 Hp | 27/34 EN | 3 EVA | 1 LM | 1 Savvy | 6 Dmg [Hate: 2]

Corrupt Mountain Lion 12/60 | 30 Dmg (+Bleed) (+Stun)

Edited by Atzo

Carambit was taken aback by his generosity. "Really? I can have first pick of loot? That's awesome! Thank you!" A big, happy grin stretched across his face. This guy really isn't so bad. He seems to be super kind.

"Floor four? Well... I mean as long as you think it'll be safe for me up there, that should be alright." He was nervous about progressing to the point where things would get truly life threatening for him, but he had to at the very least try and take risks. Who knows? Maybe much better loot will drop for him up there. He'd only ever been to level 2 max, but with Atzo's help me may well be able to make some real progress up there.

Seeing the lion collapse to the ground, and hearing Atzo's encouragement, Carambit drew his blade and went for the lion. Despite it being stunned however, the lion was still able to evade his attack. It positioned it's body to avoid his slash just enough so that he barely shaved a few hairs off of it. Feeling embarrassed, he took a quick step backward, trying not to draw aggro from the beast.

[ID# 85894]
[BD = 3 (+1) = 4 (miss)]

“Don’t mention it, I am paying off a debt to a friend in a way. When I was low level I had a man named Shield who took me under his wing and helped me get to where I am today. He told me that to pay him back I need to do that for others. That is why I made the Emerald Harbingers. It allows me to help as many low level players as will let me.” Atzo said as he watched Carambit attack, his footing was a little off but then again, Atzo was not the one to teach one handed straight sword. ‘Maybe I should have Stryder or Kyoto take a look at this kids form and give him some instructions’ Atzo patted Carambit on the back. “Don’t fret about it kid, I have missed my hits against stunned or paralyzed creatures much more than I have against moving ones. And as far as the higher floors, as long as you listen to my directives I will make sure you can’t get hurt. Just don’t do what my brother did and jump in before I tell you too.” Atzo continued walking in the way of his Mansion

Carambit 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 1 EVA | 1 Acc | 2 Dmg [Hate: 1]

Atzo 340/340 Hp | 28/34 EN | 3 EVA | 1 LM | 1 Savvy | 6 Dmg [Hate: 2]

Corrupt Mountain Lion 0/60 | 30 Dmg (+Bleed) (+Stun) Ded

Edited by Atzo

This Emerald Harbingers guild didn't sound so bad. If everyone was as friendly as Atzo was, then Carambit would definitely like to be a part of it. "So... How many people are in this Emerald Harbingers guild of yours? What kind of people are they?" he asked as he sheathed his sword and started walking beside Atzo again, continuing to approach his place. He was growing more and more curious to see what kind of a house Atzo had.

Carambit noted his friend's advice. He'll be sure to be as careful as possible when they move up to the higher floor. "Alright, I'll be sure to let you draw their attention first and then jump in and chip away at them. I probably won't make a huge difference in tilting combat in our favor, but I'll certainly try my best." he warned his friend. If the combat they just experienced had taught him anything, it was that he wasn't nearly as lucky or skilled as Atzo is.

This was the question Atzo was waiting for, or at least a version of it. “We are currently quite small with only eight people. We hope to get bigger over time but with the recent guild remodeling it makes sense that we lost people. We are a participation based guild so the more you participate in guild activities the higher your rank. The less you participate, the lower your rank. A lot of people stopped contacting the Dukes so we cut them from the guild. We are all very nice in my opinion, and all of the Dukes have the same intentions as I do. We want to get low level players to the top by power leveling and pushing through hard times as a team. We are currently divided into a few section. The Duke of Steel is responsible for leading our DPS players,The Duke of the Earth is responsible for leading our Tank players, The Duke of the Night is responsible for leading our Scout players, The Duke of the Pen is responsible for leading events and dungeons, and the Archbishop is responsible for leading our advisors. We are in need of someone to fill the position of Duke of the Earth still. Looking for a person for that” They were continuing to approach the Mansion, apparently more time had passed then Atzo though because they were already at the halfway point, a small clearing where you could see the mansion from. The Large log cabin style structure looked like a normal house from this distance, but perspective will do that. “Don’t worry, every little bit of damage helps”

@Carambit

The more he heard about this guild the more enticing the offer seemed. Carambit himself was still tossing up whether he wanted to be a tank or a dps class of player. He was at the stage now where he had options and he still had not invested in any major skills yet.

"So the log cabin, is that your place?" He asked. From here it seemed like a nice, moderately sized, comfy abode. Carambit had heard that you could buy homes but to have one so out of the way seemed dangerous. Perhaps since he was a higher level this was fine for him.

Carambit began to think about what kind of beasts they would fight on the higher floors. Are they very different to the ones they were facing here? What advantages would these creatures have over players? The fact he was with Atzo to guide him through it while tanking for him meant that he would get to have a sneak peek at the higher levels before getting to a level where it was appropriate for him to get up there and face them as a surprise. He counted himself lucky that he encountered Atzo today.

<<Time jump to getting to the mansion>>

They approached the Emerald Mansion, the large three story log mansion that sat halfway up the mountainside. “Welcome to the Emerald Mansion. This is my personal house and we are currently using it as a guild hall. Feel free to make yourself at home, I need to run up to my bedroom a grab something.” Atzo walked into the large double doors, up the grand staircase and into his room. He had a feeling that the shear size of the house may overwhelm Carambit if he hadn’t explored much of Aincrad yet. Because of this he moved quickly, grabbing his Amulet of the Damned off the armour rack at his bedside and then coming back down the stairs. “So is there anything else I can answer for you before we head out to floor four? Questions about me, the guild, life in general?” Atzo gave his warm smirk that he so often wore on his face around friends, his eyes seemed cheerful. I miss Raina He thought to himself as he waited for the response It was so nice to have someone else here to occupy the house. She was someone I could talk to when I got lonely and she always found something to say

(OOC: Reference this Link for information on the Mansion)

@Carambit

ID# 85904

LD: 13+1(S&D)=14 (No mat)

Edited by Atzo

"Anything else I want to ask about?" Carambit thought to himself for a bit before contently shaking his head "No, I think I'm about set." the player said with a smile. He then started to feel a warm chill run down his back. The fire place burning welcomed him into the large, comfortable abode.

He looked around the cozy house, taking in the warmth of it's inviting environment. "I love your place man. Using it as a headquarters? That's pretty cool. Is there anything specific I would have to do in order to join the guild?" he inquired. The idea of joining these guys and being part of their organized family sounded really nice. "Like are there tests or trials or anything?" asked Carambit, as a slightly more stern look fell upon his face. He opened his inventory and perused through his skills and items. He seemingly had all the items he needed to head forward. Hopefully he'd be able to at least make a small dent against the things they were going up against.