[F06 - SP] Homecoming and <<Deforestation>>

A frown made its way on a certain blonde's expression as she had just teleported away from the floor she'd established as her base. Still, it wasn't as bad as she'd imagine. More than anything it was just the way she remembered it: lots of trees, hanging vines and tree houses and a NPC population of just women; though you could see many male players leering at the slightly revealing and curvaceous amazons that ignored them.

This particular blonde let out a sigh and turned around her to see if her companion had arrived. She wouldn't need to check, the teleport system hasn't glitched even once on her, or did she hear any instance of ever malfunctioning from somebody else. But she couldn't shake the habit of having to witness it with her own two eyes. Once again, her worries proved to be unfounded as Kimba had appeared right behind her in a matter of moments and now was looking around the familiar environment, pretty much as her master did.

Spoiler

Stats:

• 1,275 HP (1260 +15)
  • 126 Energy (63 x2)
  • 93 Mitigation (30 +63)
  • +3 Accuracy
  • -2 Evasion
  • 24 Base Damage (3[base] +1[athletics] +5[weapon skill] +9[familiar] +6[buff])
  • +191 HP Life-steal (On a nat. 9-10 BD heals X% of player's Max HP [15% for 2 slots])
  • +24 HP Holy Blessing (After taking damage, heal [8 per slot * Tier] HP at the beginning of your next turn. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Holy Blessing. Can only trigger once per round.)

Items:

» «Mothra’s Antenna» [T3, Demonic 2HAS]: +2 Life-Steal (Offensive), +2 Accuracy
  An Antenna that has been sharpened to a point and was taken from the corpse of Mothra. The pole is a orange and yellow-like color, and the spear tip itself is white with tiny specs of black near the pole of the blade.
» «Leonidas' Strength» 
[T3, Demonic Light Armor]: +1 Life Mending, +1 Holy Blessing, +2 Damage Mitigation+)
  A blood red cape with a black inverted V design in the middle of the back, if worn as light armor; one of the trademark items worn by the Spartans that fought until the last man.
» «Holy Sovereign Orb of Antioch» (+4 Prosperity, Bloodclot) [Trinket]

Buffs:

• +6 Damage/-3 Evasion - Boozy Brownie(ID#75796)

Battle Ready:

» 2x Rare T2 Healing (+160 HP Recovery) [Crystal]
» 4x Perfect T2 Healing (+90 Team HP Recovery) [Crystal]
» 4x Uncommon T2 Healing (+80 HP Recovery) [Crystal]
» Basic Teleport [Crystal]
» 1x Safeguard [Potion] [Inventory limit reached, item not available]
» Guardian Cloak (+3 LD)
» *Banner of Support (+80 HP heal for all (up to 6) party members, 2/4 charges remaining)

Skills:
oi2rhFP.png?1

Spoiler

<<Deforestation>>

This quest takes place on Floor 6
This quest is repeatable
This quest courtesy of Tristan Delaney

This RP will not count in the benchmark

fire_tiger_monster.jpg

Image Created by Deviant Art User Sandara (Link Here)

The Amazons are proud of their forests, being the pride of their floor with the vast spanning jungles that house a large variety of species. However a lone tiger of flame threatens the sanctity of the forest Amazon's Folly, for it burns down anything in their path, razing their pathway with a baptism of fire. The Amazons request that you take down the tiger to ensure their forest is not left as mere ash.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
-Maximum Party Size of 3
-The Byakko must be defeated
-Repeat completions will only yield <<Tiger Rage>>

Byakko Information:

<<Byakko>> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 150

MIT: 40

Damage per Attack: 60
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, half the damage dealt is instead dealt as burn damage, which ignores mitigation as a status. This has no DoT.

Rewards:

1. <<Tiger Rage>> A potion which grants +2 damage. Lasts for one thread. Takes a post action to apply.
2. 3 Skill Points

(Updated due to September Update)

The white lioness seemed to be absorbed by the familiar sight so the blonde turned around and looked forward while asking in a partially taunting tone: "We're you feeling homesick?" She ran her hand through her golden hair, positioning some stray strands behind her ear, not really interested to see Kimba's response. Instead, Ariel started walking forward and commanded: "Hurry up or I might leave you here!" This time, her voice had no jovial or a lighthearted tone to it, she was serious about it; to which, Kimba could only shake her head and pursuit her. 

Today, they weren't here for a casual walk down memory lane. That would have to wait for another opportunity as Ariel had come with a specific purpose in mind. To clear some of the backlog of quests she had. The list wasn't extensive, and she would've preferred to go train and grind on the current front line floor but the rewards on this specific quests were tantalizing enough to have her come her and complete it.

"What a drag..." seemed to be her favorite new phrase as the blonde finds herself instinctively saying it once again after receiving the quest information she wanted. She turned her head to the side and glanced towards the white furball to her right. "Can't I just sent you to do it? At this point you should have higher stats than a mere field boss on the 6th floor." Her half bored question was meet with silence as the lioness was busy looking around and taking in the environment. Ariel could only suspect that she was eager to go back into the jungle where she first found the lion cub. She would grant that wish... eventually, after a bit of teasing/bullying; walking around the jungle line but not stepping in despite the begging gaze of the lioness, summoning whatever other reason popped in her head for avoiding it. After a rather long period of time, Kimba stopped in her track and resorted to a full roaring at Ariel, to which the blonde thought: "Took you long enough!" with a grin.

She pointed towards the dense jungle and let out a simple command: "Go wild!" to which the black scarred's lioness' response was a almost instant leap into the green leaves. The blonde let out a giggle before shouting: "Don't go too far ahead!" Up until this point, it was all her sadistic way of making fun of her companion as a mean to pass time. Having no need to do any serious preparation, she underestimated the apparently flaming tiger they would have to face in the near future. 

Running after her unleashed companion, it gave the blonde a sense of freedom that she partially remembered. A feeling that got buried away recently; last time she was in this state it was when she was still under the Diana's tutelage and the master tailor would send her in the most random places in search for rare crafting materials. "I should visit her sometime..." came the nostalgic thought that she decided to add to her ever expanding mental checklist.

But her idle thinking came to a halt as she heard ahead a mighty roar that came from her familiar. After a few more steps the scent of burning wood reached her nose, making her grin while slowly muttering: "Bingo!" She quickened her pace as she prepared to meet the flaming tiger. Kimba was already viciously bearing her fangs at it despite the major difference in size between the two. However at closer inspection, Ariel would notice a human figure sprawled on the ground behind her companion. Letting out a sigh, the blonde stopped in front of her companion. Casting another glance at the person that was seemingly laying on the ground, most likely fainted, she turned to Kimba and muttered: "Keep her save."

In the next moments she materialized her weapon and assumed a defensive stance. This time, the obsidian banner she was normally using got replaced by a golden lance. It seemed lighter than what she would normally use but... "beggars can't be choosers, I guess." she thought to herself as this wasn't a costumed made weapon but a floor boss drop. At least she was happy that the weapon belonged to her preferred 'class'.

Ariel - 1275/1275  MIT: 93

<<Byakko>> 150/150  MIT: 40

Damage per Attack: 60
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, half the damage dealt is instead dealt as burn damage, which ignores mitigation as a status. This has no DoT.

Still, as fearless as a king of the jungle, she stepped forward and pointed the white spearhead towards the tiger. Slightly crouching, she entered the pre-move necessary for the system-assistance to send her into a dash with inhuman speed. Stopping in front of the oversized cat, she felt a cold chill down her back as her ailurophobia kicked in. Closing her eyes tight in fear, she swung her weapon clumsily until a random sword art's pre-move was recognized by the system and guided her hands into the proper form, effectively slaying the beast.

All the spinning make her partially dizzy, not being accustomed to using that particular five hit sword art that implied spinning horizontal slashes. When she finally opened her eyes, the tiger was gone. Using her new weapon to as a resting place she took a couple of deep breaths to calm her racing heart. Then she looked at the two non-combatants that stared in her direction. She cursed under her breath the fact that some stranger saw her in her weakness moment and the thought to permanently silence her did cross her mind, only for a moment.

ID#86435  BD: 6(2+3+1)  MD: 4(2+2)
Sword Art: (11) Vent Forth - 5x2*(21+1)= 220 RAW - 40 MIT= 180 DMG

Ariel - 1275/1275  115/126  MIT: 93

<<Byakko>> 0/150  MIT: 40 

"Oi, girl... What's your name?" she asked partially mumbling, her silver eyes piercing through the stranger's unusual radial green pupils as if telling her that this wasn't the time to be anything but sincere. She tried to hide any and all hints of hostility but a tinge of irritation was still visible on her expression. Depending on her speech tone and Ariel's arbitrary judge of characters, the girl would've wished or not to be saved by the blonde spear wielder. Kimba after making sure that the girl was unharmed, taking note of Ariel's attitude, gave the stranger a worried look then focused on her master; slightly baring her fangs towards the ill intent she emanated.

The sound of rustling could be heard from behind the white furred lioness, the girl in question managed to get on her two feet after some effort. It seemed she was partially paralyzed by fear when faced with the overwhelming white striped monster and now, feeling safe, she was able to move again. However she didn't speak to the blonde yet, in return she looked at the smaller animal and with a worried face, extended her hand to brush it against her back and ending with a pat on the head. 

Mysterious girl

12f125bf7a008242453bec7b31d03a33.jpg

Noticing her shivering teeth, Kimba let her do as she pleased as she didn't feel any kind of bad intention from this green eyed girl. Even her hand was slightly trembling but that stopped with every stroke against her smooth fur. She seemed to perform this action more for herself rather than out of gratitude for the feline but it seemed fine to do so if that calmed her.

Her furrowed eyebrows loosened up as she then showed a gentle smile then finally looked at Ariel. As she blinked a couple of times, as to make sure that the figure before her was as real as the lion cub she just pet. The blonde let out a slight gasp as those beautiful green eyes return her gaze with a gentle smile. "That was sooo coool!" next came a response that took the blonde off guard, not because it wasn't a valid answer to her question or that she seemed to have completely ignored it, but of the sheer joy and intensity that the girl showed upon muttering that phrase 

"Lady, you were awesome there!" These next sentences had taken the blonde aback as the girl continued her enthusiastic barrage of compliments and the blonde not really knowing how to reply. Should she be proud to be praised for her skills, angry that her question was completely ignored or maybe blush from being complimented. She just stood there and blinked rapidly until a more deeply rooted emotion surfaced: irritation. The stranger was oblivious to Ariel's internal struggles as she continued to talk despite receiving no reply. It was when the blonde rudely called out "Urusai!".

That seemed to have an effect on her, as she stopped blabbering but didn't seem to be disturbed by the fact that she was called annoying (thanks to the translation system that SAO had). Letting out a long sight at this nice respite she looked at the girl and asked, in a demanding tone: "Who are you?

TL Note: Urusai - (jap. ) "うるさい can be translated as "Noisy", "Loud", "Annoying" or "Fussy", but we occasionally will call someone or tell someone うるさい to let them know that what they are doing is annoying us/annoying people around us, and they usually get the point" (Source)

The girl remained unfazed as she had been told plenty of times before that she was being annoying and knew it as being a character defect of hers. So knowing to stop when told so, she simply replied with "My name is Anne-Marie" while still beaming with a smile. She was about to say something else but Ariel raised her hand and had her swallow whatever statement she wanted to make afterwards. She cleared her throat and spoke in a more docile tone: "I barely known you for a few minutes and you're already giving me a headache, so just answer my questions for now or I'll personally find another tiger that would love to feat on ya." Even if it sounded more like a threat, it seemed to have passed by Anne, with no effect, as she simply tilted her head and nodded wholeheartedly. Seeing this apparent indifference made the blonde feel a bit stupid for suspecting this girl but alas she gets more info in her and maybe even after that, she won't get too friendly with her.

"Glad to see you get it... Now, what were you doing here..." the blonde takes a couple of seconds to look around them as to confirm something before finishing her sentence. "...alone?" Usually, based on Ariel's attitude until now, a normal person would excuse themselves and get away from her if they haven't done it by now. Since her tone would suggest that this would be the perfect place for someone to just disappear without people knowing how it happened.But this girl before her seemed to have no sense of self preservation she showed nothing but a dumb grin on her face since she calmed down and stopped talking. Now taking her cue to reply she said: "I'm looking for fruits, well one in particular that is said to grow deep within these forests." she makes some hand gestures, in the form of a regular snowball or orange, while explaining: "Is about this big, orange colored in the winter and green during the summer. OH I ALMOST FORGOT! and my grampa said that that it doesn't rot or fall from the tree for years! That's pretty neat isn't it?" she asked enthusiastically.

"Yeah I know, daidai fruits." said the blonde unenthusiastic as she saw plenty of those back home, the item in question is a pretty known fruit in Japan and revered as a symbol for longevity; used in the making of a new year dish. As the girl in front of her didn't appear to be Japanese, the blonde didn't bother to mention it. Maybe she wouldn't have bother even if she was. In contrast with the girl's explosive excitement, the blonde seemed like she was in a catatonic state; little of her words really interested her and provoked any kind of reaction. "Tell me Annie, did you grandfather send you to look for these fruits? for what purpose?" she asked, a fraction of her being interested. He probably sent her on a wild goose chase as he drew his final breath, not wanting her to be there and look at him when he passes away into non-existence. That would be a noble thought, one that the blonde could come to understand if that was the case.

However a more realistic reason came to her mind, one that swung on a totally pitiful realm of pipe dream. Could it be that he send her in search for these modern legend fruit as part of some dumb hope that it would work as some kind of universal cure, or that it would prolongue his miserable life? "Foolish people." she muttered to herself in a unsympathetic and condescending tone, forgetting for a second about the girl's presence as she dwelt into these thoughts. Her forgotten conversation partner managed to bring her back from her fortress of solitude, with a high pitched scream directed at her. She didn't understand the first words she was spoken but got the rest: "... say something like that? Grandpa is doing his best to stay awake until I come with the cure. You may be strong miss. but I won't let you insult him like that!" She pouted and the buffed her cheeks while her eyes were throwing daggers at Ariel.

"Okay, okay... I get it. Gooomen!" she said sheepishly knowing that the girl shouldn't have known the nuance that her 'I'm sorry' possessed, the fact that she elongated mid-word to add a cute factor to her speech was more to mock her. Japanese language was one of the most complex languages on the planet and a mere three word translation wouldn't be enough to show the insincerity in her statement. In mere moments, the quest completed HUD, popped up in front of her and displayed the usual rewards. The only part that really interested the blonde was the SP part so once she verified that the amount was equal to what the information broker told her, she dismissed the window entirely and focused on the green eyed girl. She was trembling a bit either from anger or out of nerves after directly confronting someone who was able to overpower her.

"Listen kid, how about as an apology, I help you find daidai fruits. I already achieved my goal here by killing that flaming tiger and I was already planing to stick around these parts for some extra loot. What do you say? I think a couple more pairs of eyes wouldn't hurt." she explained with minimum hand gestures then glared at Kimba who had been watching over the girl's interaction while keeping an ear on their surrounding. After all, they were still in the middle of the jungle even if part of it was already burned down. Nodding, the white lioness also let out a subdued howl towards Anne-Marie.

The girl in question was already pouting from Ariel's earlier remark but as she wasn't the type to stay mad at someone for too long, she nodded after Kimba; mimicking even her small growl. "Then its settled!" claimed the blonde as she looked around in order to get her barrings. It didn't take long until she spotted a crack in a nearby large tree, at which she didn't hesitate to point. "And I think we have our first lead right there."

Swapping  «Leonidas' Strength» for Guardian Cloak.

Search ID# 86739   LD: 29 (19+3+5+2)  Advanced Sub Dungeon Found!

Anne let out, at first, a confused expression followed by doubt. "I don't think we'll find fruits INSIDE a tree." For a split second, the idea that Ariel might not have all the gears in her head spinning properly. Doubt to which in response, the blonde raised her right index finger and moved it rhythmically from left to right. "That's not the mindset you need when searching for stuff, that tree could be just the entrance to a dungeon. Now inside a dungeon, is more plausible to find special items."  she said with a tone of superiority. "I s'pose that can be true." said the gray haired newcomer that reluctantly followed Kimba inside. The white lion cub seemed to be the more 'human' element of the two cell team, the blonde having more prevailing 'savage features', from her manner of her speech and overall behavior. Yet she had proven that she was capable, when the situation demanded it. She continued to look at the blonde as she changed the blue cape she recently put on with another crimson one before stepping through the one person entrance.

Swapping Guardian Cloak for «Leonidas' Strength».

Ignorant of the girl's half-a**ed approval, Ariel took point and motioned with her left hand that the two noncombatants could stay out of the way, at a safe distance behind her. Then with her right one, she summoned the new shiny lance she got. "A mere field boss isn't enough for your baptism." she said with a smile as she heard movements in front of them. The hollow interior descended into a cavern system where the roots of all the jungle plants became visible. Even more, some of the said roots were producing the sound as they latched off the walls and attacked the blonde. Three of them went straight for her abdomen while another one went for her right leg. The blonde dispatched the three vines that aimed for her belly but was too slow to evade the one that managed to scrape her boots; she didn't even register that a her HP took a small tick. 

ID# 86741  BD: 7/6 (4+3 -1)   MD: 9 (nat.)
Sword Art: (18) Weeping Moon - 1x9*(24+1) & AoE= 225 Raw - 12 Mit= 213 Dmg

Ariel: 1274/1275 | 108/126 | 93 Mit

Standard Root#1: -15/210 | 72 Dmg
Standard Root#2: -15/210 | 72 Dmg
Standard Root#3: -15/210 | 72 Dmg
Elite Root#1: 87/300 | 90 Dmg | 12 Mit | Acc 1 | Eva 1

She glanced behind her and saw that the two were not being assaulted as she was. 'Good' she thought before issuing the next command. "Stay back and don't engage the vines. Seems like their attention is just on me and I want it to remain like this." As she said this, a new vine went for her left foot and managed to 'touch' Ariel, her health back ticked yet again but it was nothing to even think about as her armor did a good job on healing after any kind of damage, regardless of the amount. With a concentrated attack, she unleashed the same AoE sword art that whipped out the root entangling around her left foot and two more new vines that went, again, straight for her chest. "Two minutes in the fight and you're already this predictable..." she muttered while readying her lance for the roots' next attack.

ID# 86751  BD: 6/5 (2+3+1-1)   MD: 10 (8+2)
Sword Art: (18) Weeping Moon - 1x9*(24+1) & AoE= 225 Raw - 12 Mit= 213 Dmg

Ariel: 1274/1275 | 91/126 | 93 Mit
<Holy Blessing> +24 HP
<Concentration> +1 BD

Standard Root#4: -15/210 | 72 Dmg
Standard Root#5: -15/210 | 72 Dmg
Standard Root#6: -15/210 | 72 Dmg
Elite Root#1: 87/300 | 90 Dmg | 12 Mit | Acc 1 | Eva 1

It wasn't out of some heroic impulse that she had volunteered herself to go first, for from that. At first, she did it out of boredom. The task they have set up for, ended anticlimactically. It was by sheer luck that the blonde had find this green eyed creature. While Kimba was the 'best' conversationalist, having daily monologues just to anger her familiar had... become boring. This girl immediately caught the blonde's attention with her free spirit and more so, got her thinking how to open her eyes to the harsh reality that they were facing. Yes, she would be the one that would force this little girl to grow up.

The mere thought of that made way for a ecstatic and sadistic expression on her face, luckily the person in question couldn't see it as she was currently hugging Kimba in search for confort and the feeling of being protected. And looked up to the blonde as she was slaying yet more of these pesky vines that keep attacking her with each step.

ID# 86756  BD: 10 (nat.)   MD: 10 (8+2 +1)
Sword Art: (18) Weeping Moon - 1x9*(24+1+2) & AoE= 243 Raw - 12 Mit= 231 Dmg

Ariel: 1273/1275 | 74/126 | 93 Mit
<Holy Blessing> +24 HP
<Life-Steal> +191 HP

Standard Root#7: -37/210 | 72 Dmg
Standard Root#8: -37/210 | 72 Dmg
Elite Root#1: -144/300 | 90 Dmg | 12 Mit | Acc 1 | Eva 1
Elite Root#2: 69/300 | 90 Dmg | 12 Mit | Acc 1 | Eva 1

"It seems we reached the end of the rabbit hole" chimed Ariel as she spotted a pair of 'somethings' in the distance, and behind them a earthen wall adorned with vines in the exact fashion as the cave walls they've been navigating through. This time, not only vines stood in they path but the two things she saw in the distance had an odd humanoid form. Behind her, 2 curios pair of eyes peeked over the blonde's shoulder and squinted, to get a better look at them. A small yelp could be heard from behind, and no it didn't belong to Kimba; it was Annie that let out that fearful yet cute shrill. At least Ariel had found it cute. 

With a small smile, the blonde advanced even more and cut every vine that came into her direction. When she reached the two figures, she still had a couple of those obnoxious roots around her feet but she didn't let that draw away her attention. Looking at the figures she could see why their form was human but odd in the same time. They looked like trees, one towering over the one in front of it while. Faces were etched on the bark and between the taller tree's branches, fruits could be seen dangling around. They had no leaves so it make it easier to see what fruit the tree had. "Are those it?" came a ginger voice from behind, to whom Ariel nodded. "Yeah, those are daidai fruits. Even if the tree is half dead with no leaves, those fruits are still green as this floor is approaching winter time."  With not even a shred of warning. she released the sword art that she's been abusing ever since their first encounter with the mobs in this dungeon.

ID# 86767  BD: 10 (nat.)   MD: 10 (8+2 +1/2/3)
Sword Art: (18) Weeping Moon - 1x9*(24+1+2+5) & AoE= 288 Raw - 12/30/42 Mit= 276/258/246 Dmg

Ariel: 1272/1275 | 57/126 | 93 Mit
<Holy Blessing> +24 HP
<Life-Steal> +191 HP

Elite Root#2: -207/300 | 90 Dmg | 12 Mit | Acc 1 | Eva 1
Elite Root#3: 24/300 | 90 Dmg | 12 Mit | Acc 1 | Eva 1
Young Treant: 192/450 | 120 Dmg | 30 Mit | Acc 2 | Eva 2
Elderly Treant: 354/600 | 150 Dmg | 42 Mit | Acc 3 | Eva 3