[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> (COMPLETE)

ID# 86574: 2-5-19-1 <+1 MAT>

As the boar barrel at us, I took a low stance.

"What are you doing?! Get out of the way!" Clevis shouted. There was no time for reply.

The boar slammed into my hands, tusks firmly in my grip. I groaned against its strength and wrenched it to the side. Its force gave way and the swine slammed into the ground and skid to Clevis' feet.

"Now!" I roared.

Clevis buried his dagger where a single lung and the heart would be. Its kicking and screaming echoed into silence before its hard tusks became dust in my hands. In the settling of the conflict, I saw it, the final piece. My hand shot down and scooped it up. Surely enough, I acquired our final piece.

"Whew, close call." My colleague dried his brow with a sleeve before letting out another sigh. "Some pretty nice maneuvers you had."

He held out his hand and he hoisted me to my feet. Fragments of dirt and grass clung to my trousers and tunic but for only a minute. A quick dusting reduced the filth to glitter in the wind.

"Yeah, but..." I let out a weak smile, the first in quite some time. "I got the other two pieces."

"You did?! In the middle of the fray?!" His astonishment confused me, but I nodded. "Wow, you must've been pretty scrappy in school then. Did you ever take lessons? Wait, nevermind. We got what we need, let's head into town. I'm excited to see how you'll do at your first attempt tailoring."

Great... 

Edited by Killia

ID# 86575: 5-12-2-5 <+1 Perfect T1 Hand Wraps> <-1 MAT>

I followed his lead toward the merchant district of the city. Aside from the central plaza, this was by far the busiest part. We passed several NPC & player ran businesses before we stopped in front of what looked like a guild hall.

"We're here," Clevis announced.

"It's huge."

"Yup, its where all the players have to go to register their professions and start their own shops. We haven't found the second floor yet, but it looks like you can buy a relocation permit as well." He turned to me and grabbed me by the shoulder. With a shove, I found myself stumbling into grand architecture of the interior. Pillars supported a grandiose ceiling detailed with fine paintings. One depicted the floating castle itself, careening across a field of green, rolling hills.

"Come on, Tailor NPC is over here." Clevis walked past me and through the other players to the far wall. When I caught up, he gestured to the young woman behind the counter. She was gorgeous. Almost too much so.

"Hello! Welcome! What can I do for you today?" she piped.

"Uhh..." was my tactile and professional response. 

"I'm sorry, are you hear about the open position?" Yes, yes I am.

"Uhh..." Damn it...

"Yes, he's looking to become a Tailor. Can you help him out?" Clevis chimed in with a chuckle. "You really are bad with words, aren't you?"

I sighed.

"Excellent!" the girl chimed. "We do have a small requirement though. Think of it like a working interview! I was wondering if you could, by chance, bring us a few pieces of best hide?"

A window appeared in front of me with some details of a quest. At the bottom, the requirement for completion stated three pieces of beast hide. I hit accept.

"Oh, wow! It looks like you already have some!" She announced as though possessing a sixth sense. Another window popped up asking if I wanted to give her the hide. I said yes.

"Awesome! Now that we have the materials, let's see how good you are at crafting!" Oh god...

The girl opened a side door to the counter and ushered me back in. I was hesitant, just as my general nature, but what the heck? I followed her into this small room where several tools and machines laid upon a counter. She approached it and stood to the side.

"Go on~ Let's see what you can do!"

"What am I supposed to--"

"Just walk up to it, the rest should be pretty intuitive," Clevis added. So, I did.

Several windows and options opened up, but my inventory was quite lacking. On the list of materials, all I had were a few monster parts that were greyed out and the three pieces of hide that we got today. I selected those and they appeared on the table, fur still on it.

"Grim..." I commented before another window popped up with preparation options. The rest of the process was similar. After one step finished, another one began. I selected what I thought was the best options and aimed for something I could use. In the list, I noticed something for unarmed combat. So, I tried for those. At last, I came to a window that asked to try and craft the selected item. I hit yes and crossed my fingers.

"Oh my! A perfect item on your first try! What a natural!" The girl chimed out with a bounce and a clap.

Perfect huh?

"What does that mean?" I asked, looking at the completed item window in front of me.

"It means you're not a Tailor," Clevis replied with a smirk.

Spoiler

Name: Martial Discipline

Your Profession: Tailor

Your Rank: Rank 1

ID: 86575

Roll: Natural 12

Item Type: Hand Wraps

Tier: T1

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: (+1 DMG), (+1 DMG), (+1 DMG) = +3 Damage

Description: These are no mere hand wraps. These are rumored to once be the taloned remains of a young monk who trained 30 days and 30 nights without rest to master a blow which would stop the heart in one strike. After succeeding, he fell to the ground, dead from exhaustion. With it, the secret to his technique which people still believe are held within these gloves themselves. 

Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/14992-sp-f1/?do=findComment&comment=520593

Edited by Killia