[PP-F1] This Ain't No Tutorial! <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> (Kaya)

Martha's legs ached. She needed someone who can give her a walking stick so she can walk without feeling awkward. Sure, there was no pain in this game but that is completely absurd to the woman that she is.  "Youngsters nowadays need to know the feeling of pain or they will always be five-year-olds." Martha analytically decided to herself as she slowly walked through the streets of the Town of Beginnings. It was then that her eyes suddenly saw someone extremely charming in the distance. His hair was pure white, while her hair was contaminated with gray. He seemed way too perfect as he stood outside a shop with his arms crossed as if he was someone from the old-fashioned black and white movies that hid the imperfections on certain actors. "Oh well, it ain't too late for me to start a relationship in this game, but darn ol' me is feeling the pain in meh legs already." She exclaimed, looking around and finding a suitable place to sit down and rest up a bit.

As she sat down, she scanned the surrounding area to see that the first floor was just as lively as the days before and the days before that. All these young people were always moving, never stopping to rest and think about life. This is why technology and all that stuff is messin' with their heads, contaminating their weak minds with things that don't matter. After that, Martha continually looked on from the distance, checking out this white-headed male who stood in front of a building that appeared to be a shop. "Actually I'd prefer it be his house. Then he can invite me in and I won't have to buy stuff either." Martha said to herself, chuckling a bit.

@Kaya

Wandering the first floors' Starting City, Kaya happen to come by fairly aged lady sitting on a bench just a few feet away. Without even thinking, she began laughing out loud. It was actually ridiculous just how much she laughed. At first, she was bent over with her hand on her stomach as if trying to hold in the laughing. Eventually, she swung her head back, from the laughter and just gave into the moment. So much so that she ended up falling backwards right to her back. "Of all the things to find in SOA, an old lady." She thought as she kept a warm smile on her face. As her glee slowly dissipated, she brings herself up to her feet. "Off all the things to find, what are you doing here, nana?" Oddly enough, Kaya felt comfortable with the woman. Kaya had no relation to the elder woman, but she's always learned to respect her elder.

OOC: Sorry, I'm doing other things too while doing this. so yeah. :P

Martha kept her eyes on the white-haired man until she heard the faint sound of laughter in the distance. It was faint and she was not sure whether she was hearing things correctly but the presence of laughter was definitely there. She wasn't sure where it was so she looked around to see an orange-haired woman bent over on the ground laughing. "Young people laughing for no reason. Not only are these people stupid, they are also crazy."  Martha said to herself, finding it a habit of talking to herself for a while now while shaking her head and looking back at the elderly man. After the laughing disappeared though, she heard a voice from somewhere behind her to see the same orange-haired girl attempting to start a conversation with her. Martha looked at the girl, checking her out to take it what she was like before speaking, "Of all the things to find? Why you have never seen a beautiful woman like me before?" Martha spoke back to the much younger woman and paused for a second as if she was ignoring the second question that she had asked. In reality, she did not want to explain why she was wasting her time looking at a man. "Come here, hunie. You can call me granny instead of nana. You see that old man standing by the door there? Why don't you go talk to him for an old dying woman like me and find some things out about him. Make sure to get his name and what he does ok?" Martha finished with a fake cough to demonstrate that she truly is dying, although that cough might have been strangely obvious to be fake.

@Kaya

Kaya was thrown aback at first. "S-sorry.. I'm used to calling my grandma, nana, and I just wasn't really expecting an elder of all people to be playing this game. Not that I'm against it or anything..." Her voice trailed off. Her head slumped down facing the ground. That was somewhat an embarrassing moment and she had no clue how to go from there. Then she finally looked up and glance to the direction the old lady pointed to. "Old man?" She thought as she tried to pinpoint exactly who she was talking about. At first Kaya was confused, then she became somewhat dumbfounded. "Did she mean the NPC?" She thought. Kaya knew of the old man she was talking about already. She had heard about him from other players because of the fact that he's one of the people who gives out beginner quests. Armed with that knowledge, Kaya turned to face the elder woman. "Um... Nana, do you mean that NPC over there? He's actually an NPC that gives a beginner quest for low levels like us. If you want, I could help you do the quest with you. I haven't done that quest yet myself." One arm hanging lose, while the other grasps the hanging one by the elbow. Her mouth somewhat raised and her eyes widened. For a second, she had managed to pull off the puppy stare. Kaya had hoped that she would join her on the quest. Elderly or not, this was a death game, and they need to survive.

@Martha

Martha nodded her head as she listened to the young woman spoke of some NPC thingy. She didn't know what that term meant but she didn't really care. The man was kind of attractive and she didn't care what type of person he was. "So, he gives quests huh? That means if I accept it, I'll be able to talk to him, right?" Martha giggled, standing up immediately with a new-found energy. She doesn't know what type of rewards completing this so-called quest would give her but she doesn't really care. She is about to go interact with quite the charming old man. "Well, honey, let's go, then." She exclaimed as she began to walk when she suddenly stopped. She had forgotten completely that the lady had called her nana again, and she completely let it slip her mind to correct her again. Of course, she had planned to do so but she had forgotten all about it. The forgetfulness led to a chain reaction of forgetting stuff. As the two walked towards the man, she once again opened her mouth, "Hold on, dear, you're walking way too fast. So, what did you say he did again?" She asked, scratching her head. "Anyway, I hope he's single."

----------

After finally reaching the quest area, Martha allowed the orange-haired girl to speak first because she wanted to see what the old man was like before fully interacting with him. "Well, you go first, honey," Martha said, completely forgetting to ask the girl for her name and finding it not as important as the issue at hand - conversing with the quest NPC.

@Kaya

As the two odd pair walked towards the elderly NPC, Martha seemed to have forgotten why they're even going to talk to the man. Confused, pondered for a little bit before finally speaking, "Uh... he's non-player character... a computer generated character... and he gives a quest, remember?" Kaya slowed down her pace to keep even with Martha. "That means he's not real, nana." As the reach the NPC, Martha urges Kaya to talk to him first. She gave it a bit of thought. If she liked him so much why didn't she talk to him first, but at the end of it all, she just gave in. "Umm... Okay."

"Ello, sir. I was told you needed help with something?" Kaya's voice came out in a strong English accent, normally, she tries to hide her accent, but being with Martha just made her too comfortable. "Perfect timing! Could you two go collect some ingredients for me from the fields? I need them for an order of potions I'm making and I seemed to have run out of those certain materials. About 10 should suffice - 5 from each of you." With those last words, the old man turned around and quickly got back into his work without even giving any chance for the two to breathe or even accept the quest. "Uh... right... so I guess the quest started?" Kaya was very confused. Normally, there would be some accept button and a window popping up, but this time... nothing. She quickly looks through her Quests Log and right there on the top is the quest. It apparently started already. "Right... Ready when you are, nana."

@Martha

Martha was shocked to hear the orange-haired lady speak of such absurdity. Sure, Martha was old, but she was not delusional. The man had perfect physical features of a real man and everything beyond. He was perfection - how can he not be real? Deciding that the lady was about crazy in the head, Martha shook her head in acknowledgment and went along with it. In fact, the man even spoke! How can someone that was fake talk as if it were a real person? However, what he said didn't make any sense at all. A gentleman who meets ladies for the first time does not simply go about asking them to do stuff for them before getting to know them.

"What sort of gentleman tells ladies to do stuff for them? It should be the other way around, not this way. Gee golly, my impression of that man has dropped quite a bit. What exactly did he want us to do, again? He said that he wanted us to clean somewhere, right? I'm used to that, leave this to me youngster, I do this on a daily basis. You just need to show me where the quest starts and I'll do all the work." Martha exclaimed, following the orange-haired girl as she tried her best to follow behind the orange-haired girl even though she was walking quite fast for her. But to show off that she was well-prepared for the cleaning job, she pulled up her sleeves and grunted. "Just a mop and water basket is enough for me." She even added, showing off her cleaning skills. "Hey, did you hear me, Daniella?"

@Kaya

Edited by Martha

Kaya, just let the old woman, babble on whatever she was babbling on about. She wasn't really focused on what she was saying. She was more focused on her walking. She was slow, and she seemed to have a hard time keeping up, even as Kaya already slowed down her pace. "A walking stick should work!" She thought, unfortunately, she didn't have anything like that. The only close thing she has is her scythe. With a quick swipe of her fingers, she takes our her large two-handed battle scythe. "I know it's a bit unconventional, but why do you try walking with this thing around, nana?" As she turns around to give Martha the large weapon, she realizes that Martha was getting annoyed at the fact that she wasn't listen. But more specifically she call Kaya, "Daniella." "Uh... Nana, it's Kaya..." She said somewhat softly as if somewhat embarrassed. "Anyways, here. Try using this for now as a walking stick. We'll be almost to the fields soon." Kaya says as she spots the Northern Gate.

Once they leave the gate, Kaya began to scour around the place, looking for any materials the NPC wanted. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything near the gate.

ID# 87168 results: Loot: 3

@Martha

Edited by Kaya

ID: 87188 | BD: 6 | CD: 12 | LD: 16 | MD: 9

As she was struggling to catch up with the young girl, she suddenly pulled out a sharp blade from absolutely nowhere. It seemed to have just popped out of nowhere and at first, it shocked Martha quite a bit. Martha sighed, deciding that she was simply seeing things and the girl probably had it somewhere in her pocket the whole time or something. "Hmph! Young people use these things nowadays to hunt? Back in my young days, I used to wrestle with deer and bears for food at night. It seems that the newer the generation, the weaker they are. Thanks for the consideration but I would rather walk around without it than to hold something that shows weakness." Martha grunted, "Kaya? You say. Ah. Daniella was my childhood friend, she died after trying to walk on the top of a building. Sorry about that, my memory is slowly fading." 

Martha sighed after the two walked out of the gate. "It's a beautiful day again! Oi, will you look at that?" She exclaimed, pointing at a brown, spotted mushroom with her right hand. "My ol' man used to throw these stuff inside a pot and fill it up with water for us to eat. The taste was dull but it made for good food. I wonder if I can use it here too." Martha said, holding onto the mushroom and carrying on, not knowing that there's an inventory function in her menus.

Materials: 1

@Kaya

Edited by Martha

Kind of in awe about how Martha did things, Kaya kept glancing at Martha. How she's lasted this long in this god forsaken death game, she doesn't know. She didn't even accept Kaya's proposal to use her scythe as a walking stick. She's a tough old lady, she'll give her that, but walking out here without a weapon is kind of dangerous. As they continued the search for materials for the old man, Martha managed to find a mushroom. "Nice, nana! You found some!" Not only did Martha find 1, but she found a couple. Kaya, went ahead and collect one for herself too. With a quick swipe of her finger she stores it inventory. "Wanna try our with a boar as well?" Kaya looked to the elder woman. She wasn't really sure she was up for it, but she really wanted to see what this lady could do. Just what kind of weapon could she be using. She must've chosen at least one when she started the game.

ID# 87193 results: Loot: 15 = Material found

@Martha

Edited by Kaya

ID: 87206 | BD: 8 | CD: 12 | LD: 10 | MD: 7

Martha scratched her head as she received praise for having found something. All she did was use common sense and picked up something valuable from the ground, but she supposed that people these days tend to lack common sense, nowadays. "Well, you got anything that I can use to put this stuff in, like a basket?" Martha asked and while she was asking, she found another mushroom around, except this one was pink. "A pink one? Oh goody, we didn't have those colors back where I lived. Probably poisoned if you ask me. I tend not to trust bright colors when I used to gather food." She said, tossing the mushroom to the ground and having already been picked from the roots, dissolved as soon as contact was made despite it being perfectly good material.

It was then that she heard Kaya say something about a boar. "Boar? You mean those small miniature pigs over there?" Martha asked, looking up from the ground, still thinking about how it was possible for an object to simply dissolve into green and blue shards. It was a complete denial of physics and the properties of all matters. She had just witnessed an object disappear into nothingness. Martha shook her head, deciding she was once again seeing things. "You wanna fight that thing? Sure, why not. I think you should let me do the work though. You should keep your beautiful face while you're still young. I used to fight things ten times this size." 

Material: 1

@Kaya

Edited by Martha

"I'm more worried about you than you are of me, nana." With a bright smile on her face, Kaya gripped her scythe tighter as she charged the boar the Martha pointed out. Once close enough, Kaya leaped into the air and swinging her large scythe, unfortunately, she loses her balance and falls directly on the boar, who just tosses her to the side as if she was nothing more than a sack of potatoes. "Ow ow ow.." She says as she slow gets up from her little landing site. "Did not really expect that at all. Hey nana, a little help here?" She looks over to the elderly woman. She had some fairly high hopes in her ability based on all the talking she's done, but a part of Kaya was still skeptical. she was after all an elderly person and their body isn't as what it used to be.

ID# 87209 results: Battle: 2 Craft: 8 Loot: 18 MOB: 8
Kaya | HP 17/20 | E 0/2 | DMG 4 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 0
  Missed
Boar | HP 10/10 | DMG 3
  HP 20 - DMG 3 = HP 17

@Martha

Edited by Kaya

ID: 87213 | BD: 10 | CD: 6 | LD: 14 | MD: 6

Martha watched as the orange-haired girl completely fail as she attempted to charge the boar but only ended up on top of the boar and forcefully. She shook her head and sighed, her hands placed in a relaxed manner in the middle of her hips as she listened to the orange-haired girl's cry for help. Now that she was closer to the boar, though, Martha realized that it was not as small as it looked. The boar's red eyes were a glaring red as it stared at the orange-haired player menacingly. It seemed like it wasn't even considering Martha as a potential threat. Hmph. I'll teach you not to disrespect an elder. Martha thought, looking around. It was around then that she saw a stick on the ground. She had bragged about wrestling mammals in her younger days but now that she was old, it was best that she grabbed a stick to help with her animal beating experience.

Martha grabbed the stick and ran as fast as she could with those tiny little legs. She snuck up behind the boar and jumped on it, holding the stick with both hands and attempting to choke the boar. She has succeeded... Some what. It lasted about a whole minute but she clung on as best as she could as the boar ran around crazily, trying to throw the elderly woman off her back. Finally, when she simply cannot hold on anymore, she jumped off the boar and started struggling for breath at how much exercise she had just received from that. "How about that. Was that? I-I-I, I told you I still have some fight in me." 

Kaya | HP 17/20 | E 0/2 | DMG 4 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 0
Martha | HP 20/20 | E 1/2 | DMG 2 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 0 || Hate: 3

Boar | HP 6/10 | DMG 3

@Kaya

Edited by Martha

"That you do, nana, that you do." She says as she clenches her finger around her scythe once more. She circled the beast as it frolicked about. In the midst of it's rage, it charged at Martha. Unfortunately for the creature, Martha is must more nimble than she looks. In the last moment, she dodged the creature's tusk. As it ran past her, Kaya took the opportunity and swung her weapon upwards to the sky, cutting clean through the body of the creature. It squealed in agony as now, Kaya, eyed her prey with a sinister grin about her face. Although only a lowly boar, these fights always seemed to get her excited. "The last hit's yours, nana." She says as she now tried to keep the boar's attention. It's piercing eyes glared at the red head. It's front hoofs scuffed the ground as it prepared for one last charge.

ID# 87214 results: Battle: 8 Craft: 12 Loot: 13 MOB: 3
Kaya | HP 17/20 | E 0/2 | DMG 4 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 0 || Hate: 1
Martha | HP 20/20 | E 1/2 | DMG 2 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 0 || Hate: 3

Boar | HP 2/10 | DMG 3 -4 HP

@Martha

Edited by Kaya

ID: 87229 | BD: 8 | CD: 10 | LD: 15 | MD: 7

Martha watched from the distance as Kaya managed to prevent the boar from approaching Martha. It definitely intended to do so and with Martha's poor speed, she would probably not be able to dodge the attack, not that it mattered anyway. To her, she can definitely grab onto the boar and throw it away as it charges her. Oh well, she could've probably done that if Kaya didn't stop the boar during its charge. Martha sighed, lifting up her stick and shutting one eye so she could target the boar. With one firm, powerful thrust, the stick ended up right in the behinds of the boar, right in the bum as well... Just where Martha wanted that stick to end up. "Hmph,"  Martha grunted in delight, watching as the boar disappear in shards. "Why do they do that?" She asked; it couldn't happen twice... Sure, if it happened once, she was seeing things but now that she has seen it twice, there was something up. "Why do they disappear like that? It was perfect meat... Could've probably been good for dinner."

ID: 87230 | BD: 7 | CD: 8 | LD: 12 | MD: 4

+30 Col
+1 <<Unidentified T1 Rare Assault Spear>>

"So... Uh. Why did we fight that thing, again? I don't think I got anything for it." Martha asked, picking up the mushroom that she had dropped when she attempted to choke the boar.

Kaya | HP 17/20 | E 0/2 | DMG 4 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 0 || Hate: 1
Martha | HP 20/20 | E 1/2 | DMG 2 | ACC 0 | EVA 0 | MIT 0 || Hate: 4

Boar | HP 0/10 | DMG 3

@Kaya

Edited by Martha

"Well... I Thought we could've gotten a couple of materials from that thing, but I guess not." Unsatisfied with the loot, Kaya, went back to searching the area. After a few more minutes, she finds some thyme, growing just off in the distance. Excited, she runs towards the loot. She finally found something after all this looking around and she wasn't going to let anyone get their hands on it. As she got closer, she doesn't notice a rock just ahead of her. Before she knew, she was flying through the air and right at the piece of material she was looking for. As she slowly stood up from her little accident, she realizes that she had accidentally crushed the material. Falling quickly into despair, she falls to the ground on her knees. Her hands kept her body somewhat upright as she looked to the ground. Of all the things to happen in that moment, that was probably the worst of it.

ID# 87238 results: Loot: 9 = No materials

@Martha

Edited by Kaya

ID: 87335 | BD: 10 | CD: 1 | LD: 7 | MD: 2

Martha looked around and stared blankly at the sky, suddenly forgetting exactly what they were doing out here. A few minutes passed without her doing anything and it seemed that she had zoned out for a few moments. By the time that she snapped back to attention, Kaya was already busy on the search for materials. Martha sighed, cursed her age, and began to slowly walk through the land in hopes of seeing a mushroom that she can pick up and bring to the alchemist. To her, this was sort of a competition... A competition to get the attention of that white-haired alchemist that was so charming. With a glance over her right shoulder, she saw the orange-haired girl on the ground. Without thinking, she made the assumption that she had tripped and fallen to the ground. "Young people are so careless these days." She complained, keeping her eyes on the ground in search of materials. Unluckily though, it seemed that there were none in the immediate area that she was searching.

@Kaya

Edited by Martha

A few more moments go by and finally, Kaya calms down from her little wreck. That was by far the most embarrassing moments she's had in a while, but good thing no one saw, she hoped. She looks back to the elder woman who seemed to have not said anything for quite some time. She was getting worried. As she turned to her, she spots a glimmer next to the elder's feet. She quickly powers walks to it - not run, she learned her lesson. She reaches down and grabs the little mushroom just growing almost right next to Martha's feet. "Nana, you completely missed one now didn't you?" As she stores the material, she looks back to the elder woman who seemed to be not entirely there all the time.

ID# 87363 results: Loot: 18

Materials | 2

@Martha

Edited by Kaya

ID: 87387 | BD: 2 | CD: 3 | LD: 16 | MD: 1

Martha watched as Kaya bent down next to her and picked up a mushroom that was growing right next to her feet. "Gee golly. I might have stepped on dat but the sole of my shoes should be goo' to eat as well. Hope that alchemis' don't min' the taste of mah feet." Martha chuckled, looking around and seeing that there were none around. With a sigh, she walked on but just to not make a mistake that she had made last time, she checked the place that she was standing on to see a mushroom where her foot had been a few seconds ago. "Hah, now you might think that I'm gettin' ol' but let me tell yah, I ain't done with my eyes yet. I pick up things from a distance like my eyes are a magnifyin' glass. Those things were darn fun back in the ol' days." Martha chucked again, bending down slowly to pick up the mushroom that she spotted. It was another one that she soon added to her left hand. "Alrighy den, let's go on from here. How many of these thin' did we need again?" She asked.

Materials: 2

@Kaya

Edited by Martha