[PP-NK-F1] The Poet and the Piper

Volcanic followed behind Xander as they wandered the store, quickly relaxing as it had seemed that the store was not entirely comprised of one's unmentionables. Those were on display, certainly, but Volcanic could handle a section of the store dedicated to such things as compared to the entire store being dedicated to it. As Xander spoke, Volcanic looked up at him and said, "No, not as bad as I imagine, for sure." She loosened up and found herself eying certain aspects of the displays, curious about how certain pieces would look on her. She listened to Xander talk about capes, but such things held little interest for her. She instead found herself taking a look at a mask on a nearby mannequin's head. It had no eye holes, which was interesting. She wondered for a moment if this mask was specifically designed for blind people, until she picked one up and tried it on. As she slid it over her eyes, she saw that she was able to see through the cloth, but as she looked to a nearby mirror, she couldn't see her eyes. She couldn't help but gasp with delight at the odd mask, and immediately went scurrying back over to Xander to show him her find. "Look, I found a mask! It's pretty neat! I can see, but you can't see my eyes!" she explained to him, before giggling and looking over a cape he was looking at. "Do you really like capes? I guess Japanese culture aside, a cape would certainly fit the fantasy feel of this game better. Perhaps that's what we should be going for? Since this is a high fantasy game after all."

Xander's fascination for the bright red and gold cape usually would go ignored, maybe he could get away with this on strange but definitely not off it. He couldn't help but enjoy the idea of this game letting him get away with wearing this sort of thing without it being weird. Excited sounds came from Volcanic, was that possible? She seemed timid but as soon as they found something to her liking she was a bubbly girl at heart. Chuckling and walking up to her Xander inspected the woman. 

"Hmm..mysterious for sure" he smiled and shook his head. "Eyes are a winning feature that most fall for, hiding them gives you a leg up, makes you seem a little..emotionless. If no ones talking to you that is.. I'd buy it" he joked while trying to imagine himself wearing a mask. Nope. Wasn't for him. 

"I mean..yeah, who wouldn't like a cape? It instantly makes you look like a badass IF done right." Xander's eyes sparked at the thought of a cape on his side, shielding his sword if he ever got comfortable taking it off his back. "I need more flow-y clothing..." he looked around for stuff to wear beneath the cape. "This game doesn't really have a Japanese feel to it, other than the food the NPCs make." He trailed off as he dug through soft clothing. 

Edited by Xander Rush

Volcanic thought about what Xander said about her eyes. "Perhaps having a poker face isn't such a bad thing in a game like this? One where people can..." she paused at the thought, and gave a small gulp, "where people can kill you." She shuddered a bit at the thought of someone being so heartless and cruel, but then again she never did, and never hoped to, understand murder. Despite that her father was a mystery writer, whose bad guys often killed out of cold blood, she had never really understood motives past it being a very flimsy reason to take a life. Her thoughts started to pan out and drift into dark places, such as the idea of having to kill someone in self defense, before she brought it back and shook her head, smiling back at Xander.

She looked around the store after her smile, while tapping her chin in thought, "There certainly isn't a whole lot here that looks to be Japanese in nature. Not outright at least. Much of it just appears to be comfortable looking loose clothes, stuff one might wear as pajamas." Her eyes fell on a mannequin draped in a nightgown looking dress. But it was cut down the sides, exposing the legs of the mannequin all the way up to the hips. The top part looked fairly tight fitting, but not uncomfortably so, while the sleeves had a bit of a flourish to the end of them, and appeared to have a starburst shape leading away from the arms. It was completely black with some floral patterns embroidered in, and Volcanic wondered how it would look on her. "Hold on," she stated to Xander as she walked over to the clerk, who, most likely through the power of the game, pulled the nightgown type dress from the mannequin with a few button presses and handed it over to Volcanic. Volcanic bowed and thanked her before walking over to Xander with a big smile. "I'm going to try this on, okay?"