[PP-F2] Bees, Glorious Bees <<Return of the Queen>>

The sound of a blade striking four enemies in rapid succession reached her ears, and she turned to watched Aereth backing away from the monsters. Their health points had fallen a little way below 50% - another good hit like that and the mobs wouldn't stand a chance. Birdie nodded, "All good here, pretty sure I can take this one out soon..." A cooldown icon disappeared from the corner of her display, signalling she was free to use another Sword Art. "Aha!"

Leaning forwards into a step, she reared her rapier and darted towards her weakened target. Less than 50% of its HP remained meaning one more hit would be enough to kill, and as a blue sheen encapsulated the length of her weapon, she unleashed another assault and drained the Bee Minion's last chunk of life force. It fell to the floor and shattered on impact, and she smiled back to her ex-guildmate. "Back to you, friend."

ID# 87685 - BD: 5+3=8

[2] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 48/72

• Sword Art Used: Over Radiation [Damage: 12*14=168-25=143 DMG]

[2 (#2,3,4,5)] Aereth - HP: 880/880 - EN: 71/88

Bee Minion #1 - HP: 000/250 - DEAD
Bee Minion #2 - HP: 110/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #3 - HP: 110/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #4 - HP: 110/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #5 - HP: 110/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Very well..." Aereth said and sped away from the spot at the exact same time as Birdie. He was preparing another one of his strongest area of effect sword arts, found himself caught off guard, as one of the four wasps he was currently fighting emerged from his dead spot. Dodging the attack on mere instinct, Aereth leaped forward, and rolled off in order to control his last resort evasion maneuver. 

The brunette PKKer then just got up in time to dodge the other three attack attempts of the remaining mobs. There was no other choice for Aereth as to dance through the quick and hard strikes of the wasps, in order not to get hit. "Uuuuum.... Birdie?" he gave out while ducking under an attack. "I could use a distraction of you have one..." he then added and rolled away to dodge another attack. He currently found himself in a position he really hated. Cornered by multiple enemies, that force him into his defense....

ID# 87686 results:

Battle: 1 Miss

MOB: 7-3 Miss

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 48/72

@Birdie

When Aereth sped away to dance with the Bees, Birdie watched on from the sidelines. Things appeared to take a turn for the worse as a minion's attack sent the orange player off-kilter, forcing him to re-adjust and cancel the Sword Art lest he waste energy. An endless cycle of mob attack after mob attack crippled his ability to go on the offensive, and Birdie gripped her weapon tightly as he politely asked for help. "Coming right up!"

The woman ran as fast as she could towards the man, eyebrows pulling together as she searched for an opening. Wait for it... now! She pounced when the fifth minion finished its attack animation and prepared to unload on it with Over Radiation, though her foot caught in a rabbit's hole and she fell victim to a hard tumble. Blue hair shrouded her vision as she lifted her head from the ground, a groan escaping her lips as she spat out a mouthful of dirt. "Pweh, pleh... D-does that work?"

ID# 87687 - BD: 1+3=4

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 47/72

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

All of the mobs turned their heads towards the bluenette, as she started to charge at them. Unfortunately for her, a virtual rabbit seemed to have problems with that fact. Birdies foot got caught in a rabbit hole and she fell face first to the ground. 

Aereth sweatdropped, but used the distraction nonetheless. His sword got coated in that dark aura once more, as the PKKer started to charge up his sword art once again. After all, the one handed straight sword still had some use for him. The blade swiftly cut through the bodies of the huge insects and left big red damage markers where it met their bodies. 

Aereth retreated and placed himself next to his blue haired partner. "Great job. That was totally planned, right?" Aereth asked with a small smirk on his face while offering her a hand in order to help her up again, though his eyes still on the four enemies.

ID# 87688 - BD: - MD: 5-3

[4 (#2,3,4,5)] Aereth - HP: 880/880 - EN: 54/88

• Sword Art Used: Shadow Explosion [Damage: 13*9-13 = 104 DMG]

Bee Minion #2 - HP: 6/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #3 - HP: 6/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #4 - HP: 6/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #5 - HP: 6/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125

@Birdie

"T-totally planned," she confirmed with a stutter, tightly gripping Aereth's hand to pull herself up. Rising to both knees and then onto her feet, she noticed the enemy's hit points - specifically that they'd hardly any left. Again... AoE would have been real nice here... They were each a tickle away from death, and even a rank 2 AoE Sword Art would've been enough to dispatch the monsters. Once more cursing herself for choosing a class with zero multi-target Arts, she drew her eyes up to the man's hazel iris' and nodded. "G-go ahead, I need a sec to recover after that uh... planned distraction tactic..." A lighthearted smile found its way onto the bluenette's lips and she sheathed her blade, preparing for the Bee Minion's end. If this quest were anything like the last, the Queen would make an appearance once her drones were dealt with, and then the real fight begins.

ID# Birdie forgoes an attack~

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 48/72
[4 (#2,3,4,5)] Aereth - HP: 880/880 - EN: 54/88

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

"Well... It worked, so who am I to complain." Aereth answered after he pulled Birdie up to her feet again. It was time to change weapons for him, so the Dimensional Shift vanished, and Aereth quickly equipped his standard sword in combination with the accuracy ring he had received so long ago from the blue haired artisan. He then put the much shorter blade into a backhanded position. "I won't need the extra power anymore. Pretty much the next attack I manage to land will end them." Aereth said, as he suddenly heard the four nearly dead mobs charging at him. "Yeah, take your time. I'll end this."

After that, the brunette also charged forward in order to intercept the four mobs. Aereth's other sword started to glow in a dark blue light indicating that he was charging up the last sword art. To Aereth's displeasure, the first mob dodged the attack in the last moment and retaliated with burying its stinger deep into Aereth's back. This resulted in Aereth's sword art to cancel, and his avatar being stuck in post motion delay for a couple of milliseconds. This was enough for the other three wasps to also land their hits on the brunette.

ID# 87688 - BD: - MD: 10

[4 (#2,3,4,5)] Aereth - HP: 564/880 - EN: 54/88

[Damage: (125-48)*4 = 316 DMG]

@Birdie

"Aereth!" A breath caught in her throat as she watched Aer succumb to a barrage of damage. Grasping her weapon, she jumped forwards and kicked her feet hard off the ground, speeding into a full-on sprint in an effort to strike down a bee. A viridescent glow encased her weapon as she cooked up Crucifixion - a Rank 3 Sword Art that traced a cross pattern into the target's body - and aimed it at the closest Bee Minion. Before her assault could land, the minion shot forwards to attack Aereth, and all Birdie could do was in horror as his health bar dropped by 30%. Wide-eyed, her weapon struck nothing but thin air before the Sword Art's light faded, and she dashed away after waiting out the post-motion delay. With a cooldown placed on her next attack, the bluenette was powerless to do more than stand and stare in panicked horror, praying he would finish them off soon. "C-come on, Aereth, you got this!"

ID# 87692 - BD: 2+3

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 45/72

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

"God. F*cking. Damn it." the brunette mumbled, as the barrage of attacks finally died down. He immediately had to keep on moving or else the mobs would start another attack on him. If they wouldn't have crited him, they would be dead by now by the effects of his Flame Aura. "I'm good. Don't worry." He replied to his blue haired party member. "How the hell can it be so difficult to land just one more hit on them?" he asked more himself than his partner while trying to get out of the defense and start attacking. But unfortunately, this was much easier said than done.

The wasps seemed to be able to work together perfectly, each one covering the openings of the other. "I need more mobility..." he said and jumped out of a combination attack from the mobs, which resulted in them crashing into each other. While airborne, Aereth quickly equipped his material arts skill and prepared to land the finishing blow.

ID# 87693 - BD: 2+3 MD: 2

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 45/72

If she hadn't witnessed it herself, Birdie wouldn't have believed a group of mobs could work so efficiently with one another - even if the system was controlling them all, normal mob AI would never be this efficient. It must be a hive mind thing, she thought, switching her attention to the agile player. He was suffering the most from the ordeal yet their last four or so attacks combined had missed, entirely, making the situation far more deadly than it had any right to be. Immediately after her Sword Art cooldown timer ran out, Birdie took off into a run and held her blade low, activating Crucifixion as she came up behind a Bee Minion. Her blade was thrust six times into the buzzing nightmare's abdomen six times though its HP drained immediately after the first, causing the insect to fall and shatter into a thousand tiny fragments upon impact. No loot window showed up- Birdie didn't care. She just prayed it would give Aereth enough of an opening to retaliate.

ID# 87694 - BD: 7+3=10

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 40/72

• Sword Art Used: Crucifixion - [Damage: 12*6=72-25=47 DMG]

[4 (#3,4,5)] Aereth - HP: 564/880 - EN: 54/88

Bee Minion #2 - HP: 000/250 - DEAD

@Aereth 

Edited by Birdie

Birdie seemed to make the best out of the situation, and started an attack on he own. She landed her sword art and destroyed one of the mobs for good. "Now." he thought and started his last mad dash towards the three remaining wasps. Aereth jumped and landed in a handstand exactly in the middle of all three wasps. His feet then began to glow, as he charged up his <<Tornado Kick>> sword art, before he twisted his body and hit every one of them with his 360° sweeping kick.

"Finally..." he said as he pushed himself up after the mobs were all gone and landed back on his feet. "They were tougher than I imagined..." Aereth said with a glance at his health and energy. "Would it be ok for you if we rested a little bit? I would rather not fight that field boss at two third of my health and at 50% energy." Aereth said with a small sigh.

ID# 87695 results:

Battle: 7

[1] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 40/72

• Sword Art Used: Tornado Kick - [Damage: 12*6=72-25=47 DMG]

[4 (#3,4,5)] Aereth - HP: 564/880 - EN: 47/88

Bee Minion #2 - HP: 000/250 - DEAD
Bee Minion #3 - HP: 000/250 - DEAD
Bee Minion #4 - HP: 000/250 - DEAD
Bee Minion #5 - HP: 000/250 - DEAD

@Birdie

An exasperated sigh left her system as she slumped against a tree, "God DAMN it, those things really didn't wanna die." The fight lasted way too long given the light workload - all of their misses added up in energy losses and they weren't in any condition to take on a field boss. Aereth pointed as much as well and Birdie offered no resistance to the idea, nodding as she slid down the tree trunk. "Y-yeah, good idea. I think that's the worst battle I've ever been in, you know," the bluenette smirked, glancing sidelong towards Aer. "Like, what are the chances that the system AI dodges four of our attacks in a row? Seriously, I put money on Kayaba having a hand in that." Though she was only joking around, it was truly remarkable how an experienced Swordsmen and adept Fencer could falter to such a degree.

In the distance, a brand new mob was materialising bit-by-bit until finally <<The Queen>> came into existence, the winds shifting as its nightmarish buzz pierced the air. Thankfully it didn't seem to care about the nearby players just yet, and the blue-haired woman stared with unease. "How do you think we should go about fighting her? I don't mind focusing the Queen while you deal with her minions, then we don't risk one of us getting bombarded all at once."

Out of combat NRG regen: 1 out of 3

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Aereth chuckled. "Since when do you curse this much?" he bluntly asked while also dropping down to the floor in a sitting position. "But you are god damn right. We shouldn't miss this much with accuracy items equipped. Those stupid things are supposed to help us, not to produce miss after miss." It really annoyed him how the AI's in this game seemed to spontaneously be able to dodge everything they were throwing at them from time to time.

Shaking his head, the brunette quickly agreed with the proposal of Birdie. "Yes, this is a very good idea. You have some really good single target damage, while I have at least some area of effect sword arts to work with." After that, some short moments of silence settled between them until Aereth decided to ask her something that was bugging him ever since she mentioned it. "Hey Birdie... Back when I told you about my killed girlfriend you mentioned something about how you wouldn't have been able to hold back if something like that had happened to Arc. I remember him from a couple of run ins and from the Rovian Wars quest we did together. But are you two a couple?" Aereth asked curiously, before noticing how rude he actually was. "You know what? Forget that. It is not my place to ask you stuff like that..."

@Birdie

When Aereth asked about her colourful vocabulary, she stifled a smile and thought about it for a moment before shrugging. "I've been always been a little potty-mouthed, where I'm from it's common to swear in every other sentence. Earlier in the game I had a reason for speaking with a bit of class, but uh... it feels like there's no point to upholding that anymore." Her brows fell as she lowered her eyes, remembering a certain black-haired Mercenary and how coy she would be around him.

A short time passed before the brunette agreed to the plan, and then silence befell the two.

Aereth had been the one to break it. When he mentioned his fallen girlfriend, her stomach dropped, and she quickly figured out where he was going with it. Arc, she thought as Aereth spoke his name. The orange player tried to backtrack but the bluenette quickly shook her head. "N-no, you're fine asking, it's... it wasn't exactly a secret, I guess." She rested her eyes on the man for a second before dragging them to the sky. "He and I were together. I don't think we ever admitted it in front of each other, we were pretty shy about it for the longest time. He was genuinely an awesome guy- and my best friend, too." She wrapped her arms around her knees and pulled them into her chest, smiling. A frown would quickly overwhelm her. "Arc uh... left a little while ago. Something about saving an old friend, chasing ghosts... I never understood what he meant. His name isn't crossed out on the monument but we haven't spoken in months, so... bottom line is no, we're not." Devoid of expression, she gazed endlessly into the fields beyond.  "... sorry about the sad vibes."

Out of combat NRG regen: 2 out of 3

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Aereth's chuckle turned into a small laugh, as Birdie told him about how she was cursing all the time before she entered Sword Art Online. "Haha. Same here. You wouldn't believe what my teachers told me about my creative ways to insult my classmates. And f*ck yeah, you are right. Who gives a damn about the way we speak? I don't so you can curse as much as you please when you are around me." he said before he managed to drop the mood.

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that... I know that it's really rough to see the person you love leave you... Seems like we somewhat have something in common on that matter..." he also looked up into the sky, thinking about how Alice was forced to leave because he wasn't strong enough to protect her.  "I didn't mean to make you feel bad..... Aaah. F*ck. I'm always like that. Every time I'm having a good time with somebody, I manage to make them feel bad after they talked to me...." Aereth said in a low and somehow sad tone. "But maybe you will see him again at some point..."

@Birdie

The atmosphere grew depressive and emotional, two things she really didn't need or want to deal with. Despite that, Aereth's words elicited a quiet "Hm" from the bluenette, leading a smile to tug at her cheeks. "I suppose so." Relationships, commitments, partners... three things that had hurt her in the past. For as long as she had eyes on the proverbial prize of escaping the game and earning freedom, she made a promise to never delve deeply into either of them. If not for literal freedom, then for the peace of mind that they could never hurt her again.

"Hey," she spoke softly, "Please don't say that - honestly, you're fine. If anything, it was a good idea getting that stuff off our backs, maybe we'll be able to focus a little better without those thoughts distracting us." Inhaling deeply, she exhaled a lungful of air and rose to her feet. "Maybe he'll come back. He's got some explaining to do... but I won't hold my breath."

ding signalled the energy bar regenerating to full. Intent on putting an end to the Queen, Birdie drew her rapier and turned towards the man. "Ready to dance, space cowboy?"

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Aereth really could relate to his blue haired partner. He had closed his heart a long time ago and most definitely never would let somebody too deep inside it anymore. And besides that, who the hell would want to be with a mentally unstable, empty shell of a man anyways? But Birdie didn't have to end up alone just like him. "Maybe you should just shoot him a message and ask why he left you alone for such a long time? I'm sure he would answer if you tell him how much you are obviously hurt. You still have a chance to find him and talk to him." the brunette said.

After their conversation came to a close Aereth also got up, and readied his weapon. "Let's get this quest done. Who gets the last hit on the boss has to pay the dinner." Aereth said with a smirk and ignited the flames of his armor once again.

@Birdie

Birdie put on a weak smile. "As if I hadn't thought about that already... I wouldn't know how to start such a message, much less how to finish it." She sent him an earnest gaze, tilting her head downwards. "Maybe you're right, though. I'll... think about it."

The Queen buzzed around in the distance. As soon as their weapons struck the boss and/or stuck around its aggro range for too long, they'd invoke the ire of the insectoid beast and do battle once more. The bluenette grew sick and tired of fighting these flying creatures - they were a nightmare in the real world and royal pains in her behind in Aincrad. Raising her rapier in the ready position, she returned the man's smirk and nodded, "Better let me know what you want then!"

Thud. She tripped over a rock. Blinking, the woman wondered whether she should lay down in silent contempt or pick herself up and regain some semblance of dignity- the latter seemed more appealing. Standing up, she uttered a cough and spoke. "Y-you go ahead. I'm right behind ya'..." 

ID# 87747 - BD: 1+3=4 (Miss again yippee)

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 72/72
[0] Aereth - HP: 880/880 - EN: 88/88

The Queen - HP500/500 - MIT: 75 DMG: 200
Bee Minion #6 - HP: 250/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #7 - HP: 250/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #8 - HP: 250/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

It was crystal clear that the bluenette still had some feelings for Arc, and so Aereth was pleased to see that she at least considered to get in touch with that man somehow. And after she smirked and asked what Aereth would like to eat afterwards, he simply readjusted his blade in a backhand position and replied with a chuckle. "I'll tell you as soon as I'm done with these things." The brunette said and vanished in a blur. The area of effect sword art hit once again all targets. Although he intentionally didn't hit the queen, because he would need to take care not to take too much damage this time around. 

A familiar dull thud snapped him back to reality and as he looked back to his partner, he had to see that she fell again. "Take your time. I got this over here." Aereth replied with a chuckle and focused back on his opponents.

ID# 87880 results:
Battle: 6+3 HIT
Damage: 15(Charge)*9 - 25 = 110 DMG <<Shadow Explosion>>

MOB: 7-3 MIss

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 72/72
[Bee Minions: 1] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 71/88

The Queen - HP500/500 - MIT: 75 DMG: 200
Bee Minion #6 - HP: 140/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #7 - HP: 140/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #8 - HP: 140/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125

@Birdie

She smirked towards Aereth, looking at him with a peculiar look fastened across her brows, "Indecision is usually a girl's thing, y'know." Doubting her words had made it to his ears, the bluenette sighed and readied herself to strike.

Senses still dulled from the fall, Birdie took a moment to compose herself and allowed the SA cooldown to tick over. She'd caught the tail end of Aereth's assault whilst lying on the ground - the way he handled his sword, his footwork and accuracy; All things that the man had changed (and improved upon) since their last training session all those months ago. It's no doubt they'd both grown in respect to combat, Aereth perhaps more so, though now that she was back and training again, Birdie hoped their once-friendly rivalry could reignite the sparks of self-improvement, driving them to better themselves even further. The Sword Art cooldown timer finally gave out, gaining a sigh of relief from the bluebird. "Alright, coming in hot!"

ID# 87882 results:
Battle: 1+3 MISS
Damage: n/a

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 70/72
[Bee Minions: 1] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 71/88

Bee Minion #6 - HP: 167/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #7 - HP: 167/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #8 - HP: 167/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125

@Aereth

Edited by Birdie

Aereth laughed at Birdie's comment. "Hey hey. Sometimes I also just want to be treated like the princess I am." he said in a girly voice before dodging an attack from one of the two bees and retaliating with a fist to the face of the mob. "Sh*t." Just as he hit the first wasp the remaining three also charged at him in an attempt of bringing the brunette PKKer down together. Aereth dodged, deflected and rolled away from the attacks as good as he could before he saw another opening to strike again.

His blade glowed in a dark blue light and as soon as it made contact with the first wasp, he picked up some momentum and continued with the sword art until every minion was low enough for the next hit to end them. 

ID# 87892 results
Battle: 5+3
Damage: 12*9 - 25 = 83 DMG

MOB: 5-3

[0] Birdie - HP: 720/720 - EN: 70/72
[Bee Minions: 1] Aereth - HP: 624/880 - EN: 54/88

Bee Minion #6 - HP: 57/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #7 - HP: 57/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125
Bee Minion #8 - HP: 57/250 - MIT: 25 - DMG: 125

@Birdie