[SP-F1] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

It was time for action once again. Night had fallen and I had taken a rest with the package given to me by the last NPC still tightly within my hands as I was sleeping in the locked room of the isolated inn. Yesterday, she had completed a quest with an NPC and this time, I have been given a follow-up quest for even more rewards that I can definitely use to level up my skills and my levels. At the moment, I am level three and it had surprised me quite a bit when I realized that I had managed to completely skip a level after finishing that first quest. Of course, I am quite pleased with my progression so far as it would only get better for me as I continue with this game. I sighed, standing up from my bed and walking down the stairs before walking out of the inn without greeting anyone.

Edited by Blood
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The blacksmith's shop was just as easy to find as the alchemist's shop... Perhaps even easier actually. I could hear the noise of a hammer on an iron anvil from miles away and trace it exactly to where the blacksmith is without even having a glimpse at the quest objective or the map. I would rather rely on my instincts and carnal hunting powers rather than the game's system. I don't trust it as it is the most unrealistic thing ever as if it is actually trying to help players beat it. I sighed, watching as night finally came, signaling that it was finally time for me to approach the shopkeeper before he closes the shop for the night. I walked over with my head hidden in the darkness until the last customer walked out so I can approach the blacksmith without any interference in the process. I smirked, walking up slowly to the blacksmith.

"I've been expecting you." I heard him say immediately as soon as I showed my red eyes to him. Without responding, I stared at him carefully, not sure whether he was bluffing or this was part of the NPC quest message.

"Zackariah has told me of some things to be careful of, today," He continued, "And I'm sure that you are here for the quest. Here, give me the package, and I'll give you the extension of the quest so you can leave without being a disturbance to the environment."

I stared at him for another few seconds, carefully absorbing his physique and characteristic. As expected of a blacksmith, he is extremely well-built and obviously powerful from the years of experience obtained from crafting weapons and armor for low-leveled players. His arms were bigger than his head and his white beard filled with dust from the day's work. I nodded and pulled the package from behind me.

I tossed the package to him and he caught it without redirecting his eyes, obviously keeping an eye out for any sudden movements that may come from me. Of course, I am not someone to fear the glare of others and I stared him down just as hard as he was staring at me. He was no threat to me, being an NPC and I, too, am no threat to him if I want my well-being in this place. I smiled when he finally began to speak once more.

"Go down to the fields and kill Boar Pups until you find three boar tusk pups. Bring them to me tomorrow morning as I know you are a creature of the night. And make sure you get them to me first in the morning. I wish to be kept waiting."

"Anything you can do about it though?" I asked him, one eyebrow lifting in the forehead.

He closed the door to the shop without another word, leaving me alone in the light of the street lamp. Without a second wasted, I smirked and grinned in frustration. He seemed extremely disrespectful. Perhaps I shall simply wait a couple of days before I actually give him the quest materials just to tick him off a bit like he did to me. It's not like he deserved the materials anyway.

A second or so later, I arrived on the fields of the first floor, keeping an eye out for any lost boar pups that I can single out and kill silently without much retaliation. Of course, if it does survive my first strike, it should be fine as long as I can finish it off in a maximum of three minutes. It's also a chance for me to finally get the taste of blood and taste what its time to kill in this game.

ID: 87585 BD: 10 MD: 6
<<Reaver>> Used

I crouched to hide in the grasslands as best as possible to avoid detection, and so I can sneak up on the boar and attack it without raising suspicion. Not only that, I might also be able to deal a critical with my first attack in this game. Perhaps I am a true, natural killer capable of killing at sight in this game if I am able to do so. The day was still sort of light despite shops being closed at the moment so my eyes were perfectly fine in this darkness. The boars, of course, were not the brightest mobs and as I sneaked up on a pup, it didn't even notice until I fully sliced through its brutish skin with my starter curved sword. Unfortunately, the damage was not enough despite the critical and hence, I had failed to one-hit the weak mob. I smiled, my eyes fixed on opponent as it leaped and made contact with me despite my attempt to dodge the attack.

Blood: 57/60
   EN: 5/6
Boar Pup: 2/5
   DMG: 3

Edited by Blood

ID: 87586 BD: 7 MD: 3
<<Reaver>> Used

Somehow, the boar pup had managed to strike me despite my attempt to dodge the attack to my surprise. Indeed, I had not anticipated that the boar had managed to make contact with my body despite my flexibility. I sighed, once again lifting up my curved sword. The night would approach soon and I had to defeat this boar before it falls or else some sort of darkness will somehow affect my ability to function and damage mobs. After this boar, I'll actually sleep during the night until I get that skill which lets me fight mobs in the darkness without having a drawback in luck. I charged forward, once again striking first, landing my blow right to the nose of the mob. The mob was not prepared for the attack and the result was a simple sword right into the nose of the animal, right in the middle as well. Immediately, I dodged backward, avoiding the retaliation.

Blood: 57/60
Boar Pup: 1/5

Edited by Blood

ID: 87587 BD: 3 MD: 7
<<Reaver>> Used

The night was advancing at an increasing rate and it's already harming my vision and it's not even time for my vision to be blocked yet. I need to get that night vision skill fast or else this could prove to be quite the struggle in the future. I glared at the opponent, my eyes filled with bloodlust red as I charged forward once more with a full intent to kill my target. It's health points had already reached the red zone and finishing it off should not be that much of trouble considering my accuracy so far. However, it was not to be and the result of the attack ended in me missing completely, striking the air instead of the boar that leaped one step to the side to avoid my basic <<Reaver>> attack. It's quite a shame that I was unable to hit but to add to insult, it attacked me back, dealing damage immediately.

Blood: 53/60

Edited by Blood

ID: 87588 BD: 7 LD: 15

The boar was approximately one hit from death and I knew it. With the curved sword hanging by my right side, I leaped forward, jumping into the air as I released the sword art, <<Reaver>>, taking the health points of the boar pup to zero as it scattered into blue and green pieces that vanished into the air. Now was the crucial time, because defeating the boar was not the trouble. Instead, the trouble was actually attempting to get a material from the kill. Luckily for her, she was able to get a material from the boar. Instantly, to avoid any sort of backup from the boar family, I jumped back and retreated to the safe zone to rest up for the night as I will soon suffer from the darkness that hinders eyesight in this game. In real life, she was fine to fight in the darkness, but in this game, they have hindered my abilities.

Blood: 53/60
Boar Pup: 0/5

Materials: 1

Edited by Blood

ID: 87589 BD: 1 MD: 7
<<Miss>>

I had managed to fall asleep just inside the safe zone and when I woke up, daylight was just starting to come out from the horizon. Birds were beginning to sing and it had caused me to awaken from my slumber. Not only that, I spotted a boar pup lost in the grasslands just near the safe zone which had yet to be invaded by the waves of low-leveled players that come to grind easy monsters. I wouldn't be here if only that certain thing didn't harm my start in this game... But like stated before, that's a different story for a different time, not now. I smiled, running out of the safe zone with my blade in my hand. Unfortunately, I was blinded by the rising sun which damaged my vision and my attack ended up nowhere close to the mob. Unfortunately for me, the mob was facing the other way and managed to kick me, dealing damage to me.

Blood: 50/60
   EN: 4/6
Boar Pup: 5/5

Edited by Blood

ID: 87590 BD: 9 MD: 5
<<Rage Blow>> Used

I grunted, annoyed that I had been caught off guard, something that I don't want to do ever again. I concentrated to my utter most and my sword was held high in the sky as I approached the boar from a different direction. This time, I was not the one who was caught off guard. Actually, I had managed to catch the boar off guard, striking it with my sword before it could react to my fast movement that I had acquired from real life. I sighed, relieved that I had managed not only to strike the opponent but also managed to inflict a critical attack which took off quite the amount of health points from the boar, instantly taking its health from the green zone down to the red zone. I decided to try out a new sword art that I haven't tried out and it cost more energy but progressed the battle much faster than it would've taken.

EN: 3/6

Edited by Blood

ID: 87591 BD: 1 MD: 3
<<Miss>>

The boar was low on health and one more hit should be enough to take its health point all the way down to zero, killing it in an instant if possible. I smiled, confident in my abilities as I charged forward, running as if I was a ninja through the wind. Using the wind to my advantage as it was blowing from behind me, I managed to reach the boar in top speed, striking it perfect in the body with the blade of my sword. Unfortunately for me, that's what I thought I had hit. Instead, I managed to hit the boulder right next to the boar. The moment that I realized my mistake, I dodged away, avoiding the boar's attack which caused it to strike the rock as well. I sighed, it had been a wasted turn and a careless mistake. A waste of time in general and I do not approve of such an unwise use of time.

EN: 2/6

Edited by Blood

ID: 87592 BD: 6 LD: 14
<<Reaver>> Used

I just needed to land one more attack and that would be the end of the battle. It should not take this long and I knew it. I was disappointed in my own abilities at the moment and a number of misses are not helping my self-confidence. Whatever it is, I was not feeling up to the task. Still, I knew that I had to damage this boar once more to finish it off and I knew it would take some time for me to rest up and find the final material. Right now, I managed to get one material from one boar, but who knows how long that perfect streak will last. I sighed, leaping in the air and pretending to attack but ducking at just the right moment so contact was not made. Next, I swung with my right hand, landing a hit right into the nose of the boar, finishing it off and providing me with my second material.

Boar Pup: 0/5

Edited by Blood

ID: 87593 LD: 16

I need to rest up on energy. That's the pure truth at the moment. Indeed, I had two left and that was simply not enough for the sword art that I want to use. I need the materials in order to craft and make purchases so I might as well collect materials from apple trees in the nearby distance and change it into materials for me to use. I looked into the distance to see that there was a lone boar pup waiting for me to kill. I shall go for it as soon as my energy is all recovered for me to use as I do not want to engage it in combat without being prepared since I'm the perfectionist that I am. I smiled, my eyes red with bloodlust but not used as if I'm saving it for later. For now, I will stick to picking apples out of trees. Luckily for me, I managed to get one for myself.

Quest Materials: 2
T1 Materials: 1

Edited by Blood

ID: 87594 LD: 17

I looked around, hoping to once more catch a glimpse of redness in the sky for me to pick. Luckily for me, my wish had come true and the next tree that I found had a red, plump apple waiting for me to gather and use as a piece of material. I smiled, converting it to a material that I immediately placed in my inventory. With two materials in my inventory, I would consider this material gathering session a success considering that I have only done two attempts and managed to succeed on both attempts. I smirked, luck was with me at the moment and I am pleased, to say the least. My energy was slowly building up and it shouldn't be that long until I recovered all of it so I can enter combat again. Once more, I will go around and search for more materials that I can use later on.

T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Blood

ID: 87595 LD: 5

I know from experience that all good things come to an end. Just like in statistics, things that are unusual usually return to the normal curve in which everything becomes normal again. Just like I thought, my last material gathering attempt ended in a failure since I was unable to utilize my skills in material gathering and the result was a rotten apple on the ground. I sighed, knowing that I messed up and my clutch on the apple simply wasn't enough so that it doesn't just fall to the ground. I sighed, perhaps this bad luck will mean good things when I finish off that boar. And now, it was time for me to search for that boar that I saw earlier so I can kill it and hopefully get the final material so I can finish the quest and level up once more. Perhaps I can even get a new skill on top of that.

T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Blood

ID: 87596 BD: 8 MD: 7
<<Rage Blow>> Used

I approached the boar from its blind side and once I got close enough, I leaped in the air and came down with a thrust, planting a hit on the boar. I would've loved a critical that immediately finished off the boar but that's too much for me to ask for. I managed to deal a solid two damage to the boar, but unfortunately, it was not enough for me to complete the quest at this very moment. I sighed, preparing myself to watch out for the boar's movements. Unfortunately for me, the boar charged forward and leaped before I had anticipated it to do so. It managed to recover from my own attack way before I anticipated and to say the very least, I am not very pleased to be hit by an attack once more. Despite this disappointment, I once again got into my fighting pose to prepare for any incoming attacks.

Blood: 47/60
   EN: 4/6
Boar Pup: 3/5

Edited by Blood

ID: 87597 BD: 7 MD: 3
<<Rage Blow>> Used

My curved sword had been used quite a bit by now and I was getting used to the grip as well as the lightness of the elegant weapon. I smirked, holding the curved sword carefully by my side as I jumped around, confusing the boar until I planted a strike right onto its hind side, sending it flying without it even paying attention that it was its turn to attack. Just like that, I managed to get away with not having to dodge an attack this turn. Once more, I prepared to strike again as I realized that it would be my turn once more. My sword was held high right in front of my face in case the boar decided to attack faster than I anticipated. That way, I can cut it while it does so if it goes for my face, an unlikely choice. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and opening them to concentrate.

EN: 3/6

Edited by Blood

ID: 87598 BD: 3 MD: 5
<<Miss>>

I knew the moment that I moved that I will fail my next attack. I don't know what it was - whether I had stumbled when I began to move or whether the boar was staring right at me as if it was anticipating my move to the fullest of details. I charged, stumbling in the beginning and by then, the attack had lost its effectiveness and the result was my lack of success in attacking the boar. It managed to jump to the left side, causing my right handed weapon to land on the ground right next to it. I cursed under my breath, leaping backward to dodge the attack that the boar had launched immediately after my failure. It managed to land on the ground right next to me. Both of us have failed our attacks and I was not happy about it as I don't really know when this quest will be complete.

Edited by Blood

ID: 87599 BD: 4 MD: 8
<<Miss>>

This time, I was not the person who attacked the boar first. Instead, the boar jumped at me immediately after its previous attack, catching me by surprise as it hit me straight in the face, causing me to stutter backward without protecting myself at all. It was a good attack and it caught me by surprise. I bit my mouth, knowing that I was underperforming. I sighed, this is not the signs of a pure blood fighter. Instead, I am showing my weakness in the eyes of a boar. I cursed once more, louder this time but without attracting any attention from the surroundings around me. I looked on, deciding that an attack at this point would be useless. Instead, I decided to wait for a good time to strike. Finally, I charged forward, only to stumble on a rock, ending my attacking action and rendering my attack a miss once more.

Blood: 44/60
   EN: 1/6

Edited by Blood