[SP-F1] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

ID: 87600 BD: 4 MD: 7
<<Miss>>

I had managed to miss twice already and to say the least, I was not pleased with how I am doing at the moment. I sighed, showing my disappointment once more. At this point, I just want to finish off the mob and hopefully get the material from it as well in order to finish off the quest. It's not that hard because I just need one more for my quest completion. Once more, I got into the same fighting stance with my starter curved sword held high in front of my face in both defensive and offensive flexibility. Without making a sound or even a hint of noise, I jumped toward my target, swinging as I got close to it and unluckily for me, I was unable to hit the target. They say that third time is the charm but I guess not. The mob, however, was able to tackle me, dealing damage and knocking me off my feet.

Blood: 41/60
   EN: 0/6
Boar Pup: 1/5
   DMG: 3

Edited by Blood
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 87611 BD: 2 MD: 4
<<Miss>>

I sighed, taking my curved sword and holding it up. It's been my third miss and this was getting extremely frustrating. The quest should be long over at this point yet I have been unable to deal any damage to the boar. I picked myself up from the ground and glared at the boar that seemed awfully eager at protecting itself. I charged forward and struck once more but this boar managed to dodge my attack yet again, proving that it is the most evasive boar out of all the ones that I have fought so far. It's dodging abilities were exceptional and I was finding its abilities to dodge attacks extremely difficult to deal with. I sighed, leaping out of the way of an obvious attack that it launched at me, as I realized that it was not very good at attacking but more adept at the dodging of player attacks.

Blood: 41/60

Edited by Blood

ID: 87612 BD: 1 MD: 6
<<Miss>>

The boar was at one health point yet I was about to attack it for the fifth time. This is extremely annoying for me and I simply do not appreciate the amount of time that I am spending to try and defeat the boar. Not only that, I do not think that the time is worth it for a number of skill points that I am getting for this quest. The only reason that I'm still on this boar is that of my pure stubbornness to not leave a prey alive after I approached it. I frowned, raising my curved sword up once more. Finally, I made the first move and my first move had ended up once again in a miss. I stomped on the ground in frustration as before I spotted the boar trying to sneak up on me. I dodged out of the way and only to be struck straight in the face by the boar's nose.

Blood: 38/60

Edited by Blood

ID: 87614 BD: 9 LD: 1
<<Reaver>> Used

I smirked, letting my curved sword shine in the daylight before I leaped forward suddenly, finally catching the boar off guard, ending the boar's pitiful life of annoyance. My energy had already run out so I hoped I can actually get a material as soon as I killed the animal. However, I managed to completely fail in obtaining that certain material which was so crucial to my success, I shook my head in absolute disbelief before walking off and sitting down for a while. It was required at the moment for me to recover my energy really quick and that would mean even more material gathering for myself. Perhaps by the end of this, I'll have enough materials to provide myself with new equipment from the shops on this floor. I sighed, standing up really quick and looking around in hopes that I can get some apples even if I can't get materials from the boars.

Boar Pup: 0/5

Edited by Blood

ID: 87615 LD: 13

This day was turning from good to bad really quickly and I am not very happy about it. I have failed at obtaining a material from the final boar that I needed to kill and not only that, I was unable to get a material while was searching through the apple trees. I sighed, walking out of the apple trees field and back into the grasslands. Perhaps I will actually be able to find something in the openness of the fields. I sighed, sitting down for a while so I can rest up before I keep on going with my material gathering. At this point, players will be coming out at any moment in order to level grind and I was stuck here not being able to complete this quest that was taking way longer than it should be taking in all honesty. As soon as my energy is recovered, I will get straight back to the quest.

Quest Materials: 2
T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Blood

ID: 87645 LD: 11

I sighed, cautiously picking an area that was isolated entirely of players. I hated being around players as it was extremely uncomfortable for someone with a history of my own. I truly despise the openness of this game and how everyone can basically go anywhere they want. This is why I want a house, shelter from players outside the safe zone without seeing players everywhere I go. I looked around, checking the ground and scanning for any herb-related materials that I can pick up and use as a material. Unfortunately for me, I was unable to find anything of the sort, not that I minded. I was only material gathering so my energy can fill up in the mean time. My objective was not to claim materials to use but rather to regenerate energy and not waste time by resting entirely in the process. It's called efficiency - something that I desire to be full of in this game.

Edited by Blood

ID: 87647 LD: 14

Once more, I searched for another material to add to my inventory in a relaxed mood. At the moment, I found a place to stay without any players around. The day was still early and only a few hardworking players were actually out right now fighting mobs. Me, I'm not exactly hard working, but I'm more already used to unusual schedules of sorts. I can probably go by a few days without sleep and survive with just a loss in my senses. Typically, I do have to pull all-nighters in order to complete my killing missions in real life. I glanced around quickly, figuring that I had managed to fail to find materials entirely during my material session. Finally, my energy had recovered completely, taking it up to 100% as I looked around for my next victim. Hopefully, this will be the end of the quest and I won't have to spend more time on this.

Edited by Blood

ID: 87648 BD: 9 MD: 2
<<Rage Blow>> Used

I spotted a boar pup in the distance, all alone without any backup. It had managed to find itself in quite the unusual spot on a hill and it was refusing to come down from it. I smiled as I can definitely help with that. Sneaking up behind the still target, I was able to jump up and catch the boar by surprise, striking the still boar from behind and sending it down the hill with one sudden movement. The result was a boar that had landed on the ground with a thud and me, standing victoriously as I knew I had just landed a critical attack on the boar. Luck, you may call it, but I would rather call it strategic planning if you would ask me. I smirked, watching as the boar stood up and charged forward without thinking, resulting in a dreadful miss for it and for me, an opportunity to counter attack immediately.

EN: 4/6

Edited by Blood

ID: 87649 BD: 2 MD: 10
<<Miss>>

I was getting arrogant and that was not a good sign for any assassin that uses stealth during the night. Indeed, I had let down my guard and I was not pleased with my action of doing so at all. I glanced around me, looking for any signs of danger that might come at me other than the boar. However, I was unable to do so. I was sure that I was safe at that moment but the boar managed to sneak up on the sneaker. The boar jumped in the hair and struck me straight in the face, landing a super critical attack on my health points and taking it down to the yellow zone. I cursed, putting my sword on the ground in order to keep me standing the moment after I was struck by the attack. I stared at the boar, daring it to attack me once more.

Blood: 33/60
   EN: 3/6

Edited by Blood

ID: 87650 BD: 6 LD: 7

I charged forward, knowing the moment that I lifted up my blade that I would be able to succeed with this attack. It was only a question of whether I get the quest item from this particular mob. I hope I did because the quest was dragging on way too long and it was getting extremely frustrating at the moment. I attacked in silence with as much speed as I can muster with the limitations implanted within the game before I struck with my curved sword, defeating the mob with a basic one energy sword art. I sighed, however, when I realized that I had managed to fail in obtaining the mob drop that I was supposed to get to finish up the quest. It seems that I have to defeat yet another mob in order to get this quest drop. I just hope it doesn't take even longer than I predict it to be at this point.

Blood: 33/60

Edited by Blood

ID: 87651 LD: 12

I sighed, sitting down in frustration before standing up once again. I decided to spend some time material gathering once more in order to recover the amount of energy that I lost as a result of the previous battle. I hope I can get at least five materials by the end of this so I can maybe use it on a consumable that might prove to be useful to me for the next follow-up quest of the beginner quests. I sighed for the second time in five seconds as I looked around on the ground, realizing that I had once again failed to find any materials near the area, meaning it was time for me to look in a different location to try and find some. I smirked, thinking that I had managed to find one when I realized that the material was rotten and was completely useless to me.

Edited by Blood

ID: 87652 LD: 2

I shook my head in disappointment as well as irritation that nothing in this game was working for me at the current moment. The game was not helping me at all in luck either from mobs or from actual material gathering without the use of my sword in combat. It seems that I cannot overcome the obstructions that the game has set on me and it was getting extremely annoying to think that I was under control and limited by the system of the game. Sure, this was the most realistic game that allowed for the perspective of freedom that I know of and that's why I even got into it in the first place, but some things in this game is just downright stupid to think about such as the difference in luck and how that can make an impact on the player's success in this game. Once more, I had failed to find any materials.

Edited by Blood

ID: 87653 LD: 2

I looked around, realizing that I had come to the apple fields once more and was given a new opportunity to search the area for any apples that seemed good and ripe for me to pick. I sighed, glancing around but realized that I was only wasting my time doing this. My luck and skill were not high enough to truly find a comfort in material gathering as I would fail more times than I would succeed and that proved itself today as I was unable to find any materials during three material gathering attempts. Out of all the material gathering attempts of the day, I had only managed to find two, and those were at the beginning of the game. The good news is, I can actually fight mobs again now that my energy has regenerated completely for me to use at my disposal. Now I needed to find a mob to kill.

Edited by Blood

ID: 87665 BD: 3 MD: 7
<<Miss>>

The next thing I knew was I was facing a boar right in the face. I had expected to be able to sneak up on the boar easily but it was definitely expecting me as a result of my murder of four of its friends. As I crept up on it, I stepped lightly onto a leaf, causing a loud paper-like sound that came from absolutely nowhere. The step was gentle and should not have caused that loud of a sound. Once again, I blamed it on the stupidity of my low stats and convinced myself that that was the sole reason of my failure. I sighed, immediately realizing that the boar was attacking but my body was not adept at dodging mob attacks yet, resulting in an attack that landed straight in the chest. I gasped, taking a few steps backward and keeping my eye on the mob. It had not been too damaging.

Blood: 30/60
   EN: 4/6
Boar Pup: 5/5

Edited by Blood

ID: 87666 BD: 7 MD: 4
<<Rage Blow>> Used

This time, I was determined to land a hit. I had hoped for a critical once again to defeat the boar instantly but the game had not given me the critical that I had wished for. I leaped forward with anticipation and expectation to fully hit the boar and make a critical due to my combat skills. However, the boar managed to dodge slightly, causing my blade to miss a critical point in its head but rather the ear was the object that I hit. I cursed, considering the attack as a wasted effort and energy since I had not managed to deal a critical to take its health points all the way down to the yellow or red zone. Luckily for me, however, I managed to dodge the attack that came from the boar completely, avoiding any bit of damage that might have been dangerous to me. I sighed, looking up at the boar, prepared to attack at any point.

Boar Pup: 3/5

Edited by Blood

ID: 87667 BD: 4 MD: 3
<<Miss>>

I jumped at the boar without thinking, rushing to finish off the quest that was taking way too long to complete. However, I was unable to have success with my attack and the result was a complete miss by me. My right hand swung way too early and the sword made contact with a nearby bush instead of the target - the boar, itself. I sighed, frowning and completely annoyed at my recent change of luck. At the beginning of this quest, I was able to finish off boars easily and get two materials from the two boars that I attacked. However, near the end, I was struggling to hit the boar and when I do kill a boar, no materials that are crucial to the quest is dropped for me to obtain and claim. I took an exaggerated sigh as the boar charged at me in the same pattern as before. And like before, I dodged it easily.

EN: 2/6

Edited by Blood

ID: 87668 BD: 1 MD: 6
<<Miss>>

I charged and swung at the boar without expecting anything. I was not feeling the attack spiritually and without feeling my own attack, it was inevitable that I would miss the attack. Just like I anticipated, my disbelief in my luck has actually caused my downfall and I was unable to deal damage as a result of it. I sighed, my energy was all the way down and I simply cannot attack next turn. I needed two energy in order to deal my most powerful sword art and I was already below that after my miss. Now, I need to decide whether to attack or whether to conserve my energy for a more powerful sword art. As I was thinking about this, I took my eye off the boar and the result was its decision to come and attack me while I was out of it. When I noticed, it was already too late.

Blood: 27/60
   EN: 1/6

Edited by Blood

ID: 87669 MD: 2

Finally, I came to a conclusion that I must simply not attack in order to conserve my energy. In the mean time, I would watch the boar for any twitch in movement or muscles in case it comes and charges at me while I'm resting up a bit. It stood there for a few seconds, obviously anticipating an attack from me but when it realized that it was not going to come, it charged and jumped up at just the last moment. I eyed it perfectly, predicting the jump and dodging to the right with a side step, a perfectly timed movement that caused the boar to fly past me and into a rock. The impact did not deal damage to it, but it had given me a perfect opportunity to strike the boar with a counter attack. Now, I just needed to get this right and that would be it.

EN: 2/6

Edited by Blood

ID: 87670 BD: 9 LD: 12

This was it. This would be the end of the quest and I knew it. I can feel the quest's end ready for me to grasp. I had enough of it already, to be fair and it would finally end at this attack. I conserved enough energy so that I can defeat the mob with one strike and one strike only. With my final attack, I would use my most powerful sword art, the <<Rage Blow>>, an attack that would slice the boar slowly horizontally, causing the only way for it to dodge the attack was to jump into the air. Of course, I timed it so it couldn't even recover from the collision it had faced a few minutes before. The result of my attack was a critical hit that finally finished off the boar and provided me with the last material needed for me to complete this quest.

EN: 1/6

Edited by Blood

The quest had ended and lunch time was here. I walked over to the shopkeeper to see him waiting at the front doors with an impatient face. He was obviously annoyed that I had disobeyed his orders to come to him first thing in the morning with the quest items in my inventory.

"About time." He said without opening his eyes or uncrossing his thick arms, "Now, I have a delivery you must make to a young girl called Hannah. I'll be watching out for you since Hannah is a weak, feeble girl. You better not make any suspicious moves or else I'll have my blade at your throat in one sly movement. Did you get that?"

I smirked, without responding but nodded just for a bit of respect and acknowledgment of his voice. The quest complete button popped up in front of me and immediately, I leveled up a few times once more.

Quest Complete

+4 SP
+800 Col
+2 T1 Materials
+1 Safeguard Potion
+1 Upgraded Curved Sword (1x Damage)

Edited by Blood