[SP-F1] Curtain Call

Blinking the steam from his eyes Xander quickly began to towel off his body then using it to put up his hair as he wakes out of the bathroom, bare as the day he was born, in search of his duffle, pawing through it he selected his attire for the night; grey skinnies with a black loose cropped top, flowy and showing off his midsection, he tied a red plaid flannel at his waist just in case he needed more than just the crop top. He wasn't sure where they would be singing, inside or outside, all he knew was it was a fancy place, so he had to look like he put in a little bit of effort without selling out his signature confusing attire. Staring at himself in the mirror he still felt odd in this sort of clothing. But it would have to do. Looking up at the guys who seemed distracted in their own he shouted. "Are we going to eat?" Grinning excitedly once he realized it had nearly been a day since he had something in his stomach. 

Edited by Xander Rush

Loading up into the Van they took count of all their belongings, the instruments they needed for the night were all accounted for, along with their tech. They were ready. Wes hopped into the front seat and Xander piled in the back with Danny, who seemed to be a little lost in the sight of the city. "So, the usual sushi yes?" John suggested, knowing that usually got a green light form everyone else They all nodded their head in agreement, Xander loved sushi, not really knowing what it all was. He just knew it tasted good and was displayed in a cute manor and that's all that mattered to him. His crimson eyes scanned the city as the van road smoothly on the busy roads, the Air amongst the friends was nearly sparking with excitement that they couldn't contain anymore. This was it, their biggest gig yet and possibly the start of their fame. 

Excited chatter broke out between the boys as they stopped to eat, between Wes and John discussing song order, Danny seemed to drum absentmindedly through the set list the two came up with as Xander himself stared down at his pedal board, the thing that allowed him to switch through their different styles so seamlessly without skipping a beat.

Getting down Xander made his way to the front of them, paying for all their seats as they got their pick of "fancy fish presents" as john liked to joke. Chowing down and staring hard at the plate Xander's whole body shook, with both excitement and fear, what if something went wrong? What if they didn't preform well enough? This wasn't a bar or small venue this was a huge private party just for a stupid game Xander didn't understand. If they messed up here, no one would want them back. 

Through mouthfuls of delectable fish packages Xander spoke up. "What's this song you two have been working on? Why aren't Danny and I Needed?" Danny blinked in confusion. "I am apart of it. But they made it in a night, using just Johns keyboard for a more futuristic sound for the games progress over others. So I'm backup beats and john is singing and playing his keyboard and Wes backs him on vocals. I think you'll really like how well it came out, is not our usual thing but it was required for us to play in the show. Also if they liked it enough we get royalties if they plan on keeping the song! Can you imagine how good that would be for us? We would gain familiarity with people from this game. Lots of people will be playing it and if they are here they will remember us, maybe look us up and everything. It will be smooth sailing for Psyren. No one can resist the call~" he cooed jokingly.  

"So you guys made a song without me..? For the good of Psyren? Then why am I here. You guys landed this gig. Not me.."

Xander greedily wolfed down the rest of his food before putting his feet up on the counter. Not wanting an explanation he waved over a server and asked in the sweetest of voices for a drink, his whimsy won him his free spirits which he gulped quickly before heading back to the van. Not nothing to share another word with the boys he sat in silence at they ate. From the seat he could see them staring at each other in confusion before slumping over and eating the rest of their meals before joining Xander in the van. Second youngest yet he had so much power. Shaking his head he looked out at this city and away from the others who obediently drove to the venue.

Edited by Xander Rush

Fuming over this betrayal was something Xander wasn't used to, they never did things without him, without his approval..why would they start now, sure it worked for the better of the band but he felt isolated. When bands did this next thing you know they start all working on separate projects then parting ways, what was wrong with Xander's singing? Or was it they didn't like how he played his guitar? Growling to himself he snapped out of his anger when john popped open the center console and handed out the bright neon blue and black passes held by Lanyards that said "Preformer" and *Psyren* in their signature font. Looking up at the lines that formed outside of the modern looking building he know this was it. A beefy man in all black waved for their van to come forward as he flashed lights into their van and examined each one of their passes with the highest of scrutiny. "It's 9:00 drinks are free for you guys, you go on at 10:45 try not to get too plastered or you don't play." Opening the gate they all gulped and found a place to park. 

Xander quickly hopped out the van, fixing his clothes and tapping his black combat boots on the side of the Van for luck he looked himself over on its side, his slender frame and lions mane for hair was his signature, the small human had a warm and silky voice, anyone would be lucky to have him in their band. Shaking his head he quickly hurled himself into the crowd, his lanyard around his neck he quickly made it into the place where tons of people excitedly began to chatter loud enough to drown out the calls from his "friends"

"Xander, don't be like his you know we don't split up at these things..this place is too big for that.." Danny's voice broke as he he looked up at the looming building and gulped. "He's hopeless, just let him wear himself out." Wes growled before going in and letting the stage hands take their equipment. 

Making his way through the throngs of people Xander found his home away from home as he circled a server, her tray full of blue glowing shots. "What are these?" He asked curiously. The woman giggled and held herself high, her attire seemed muted in comparison to everything, a simple tight black dress with her hair held up in a tight pony tail. Before she could answer him Xander growled affectionately. "Cute."

"they glow because of the black light reacting with the tonic, you're welcome to as many as you can hand-" Xander didn't need anymore info, downing three of the shots off her tray quickly, tonic hit is mouth first followed by the burning sensation he was all too used to, breathing lightly out of his nose he winked to her. "So that's why it glows" before wondering off again, in search of his next Victim; also known as tray of drinks. 

On his prowl Xander heard the playful sounds of piano on the speakers that surrounded the place, it was dimly lit as must night clubs were, the other glow was from the neon blue theme this place kept, even Xander's badge glowed brightly. Being the lightweight he was it didn't take long for the drinks to hit him, just as he lifted a deep noted whiskey shot to his lips, his eyes meeting the woman's who served him, this was his limit. Grinning like a bobcat Xander made his way to the center of the dance floor, narrowly avoiding most people as a woman's sultry voice filled the air, slowly yet surprisingly in time with the pianos wild song. How fitting, her song was slow and grinding but was about rejection and wanting to leave the place she was in. Xander's eyes met a cute little raven haired woman, he wild hair and nearly similar clothing to Xander's caught his attention, he pulled her gently and chuckled as he began to dance and move his hips rhythmically, seductively, his eyes never leaving hers as others gathered around them, he same rhythmic dancing that was disapproved of in any other setting, she pressed close and giggled the more Xander entertained her. 

Edited by Xander Rush

The woman's song ended just as the tangled together, the words meant nothing, she meant nothing. Stealing a soft kiss as the sounds of his own band setting up with their signature back track on he quickly made his way to the stage, jumping up and onto it as he grabbed his guitar, playing an equally sultry song but in Psyren's typical style he grinned, knowing this was always their opening, playing skillfully he ignored his band mates, who's song came last. He let the anger wash away as he began his Psyren call, knowing the woman from before had yet to forget him. 

"How far back can you remember? Did the ice stop your heart? Oh wait that was me, oh wait that was me~ " grinning he hopped from the stage to the polls around it, then onto speakers, moving his body seductively once more. Before making his way back to the mic stand as he strummed his guitar in time with his voice transitioning to his next song in melody with his others, this one was just for the boys, he knew they worried he held their choice against them, this was his time to show them they were right. 

Turning slightly so his eyes met the boys view he growled before letting his soft words come through again, the deep velvet sounds held against post hardcore chords he purred, malice dripping from his words. "Do you think I ever cared? Let me prove you all wrong~" grinning as Danny gave a gasp from behind his steady drum beat Xander shook his head. "Before you open your mouth, let me make it clear, I can't be brought down." Jumping back onto the ledge to face the guests who swayed and cheered for Xander's drunken melody, unknowing the weight of their words. "Oh I stand so high, that I have never listened to some much where's the lesson in this? where's the meaning to this now?" Giving a warm chuckle into the mic he began to walk the stage back and forth, looking from john back to the crowd who seemed to be enjoying the enternal strife. Shaking his head again he said the last of his newly added lines just for john, who must have hated how versatile this song became, Xander changing the words in his own whim just to kick them while they were down. 

"Self taught, a trick I played for far too long~ Soft speech with heavy words that come from, no book." Knowing it would hit John where it hurt and mean nothing to the listeners other than it was just pretty words coming from a pretty boy. Not knowing it was Xander poking at the band for having to practice twice as hard to reach Xander's natural talent. Knowing the damage was done he jumped back off the stage, right on time with Johns futuristic sound, landing neatly beside a server who handed him a drink and bowed as he walked off into the massive crowed who happily welcomed him, from curious touches to people following him back to a bar stool, he watched on curiously as they sang, the new song. Johns high voice fitting perfectly with his keyboards shrill sounds as Wes followed up as his echo, shaking his head Xander thought about how john could have just used Xander's petal board for that effect. 

"Based in all the truth..the sides they stay in gentle minds..don't always think alike..honestly.." 

Edited by Xander Rush

Xander snorted and called for more drinks, the woman at the bar served him coke and rum for some reason, more coke than rum. He shook his head and tried to focus on the woman that followed him back to his stool. He couldn't make out if she was the same one from earlier or not, not that it mattered. Johns words rang loud and true as the place lit up like some really bad EMD festival, fit to his slow beats and soft song they all jumped and danced with glow sticks. 

"Don't..take off..the nerve gear. I want to see you when it's all..clear..." 

the shrill sounds all mixed as one and vanshied just as quickly as they came, he wasn't sure if this was Johns odd futuristic effects or he was truly that plastered. This song sounded frightening. The song made his heart race. With that the band got off the stage and Xander made his way to the area where they were preparing to let the bands go back stage and use the nerve gear everyone was so hyped for. 

Following the woman before him to the back he could see his friends lined up excitedly, only to be turned away. "Sorry, only the headliners allowed, the front will pay you and you can enjoy the rest of the party for as long as you'd like." Xander heard a gruff voice tell his mates as the sent them off with their tails between their legs, but the woman who held onto Xander's hand giggled as she pulled him by the guard who didn't seem to mind. Once he was able to focus a little better he noticed she was the woman who sang before them, the one who's sultry voice had left him moving his hips in time to her. Blushing he looked back at his friend, a quick wave of the woman's hands and a snap had the gaurd pushing the 3 into the dim room with them, the walls were lined with small rooms, probably used for things he didn't want to think about before but now held beds with the nerve gear set up neatly beside them, soft robes with artists names on it next to each bed. 

The woman's silky voice trailed beside Xander's ear as she gently stroked his cheek. "You guys actually do have a place here. I decided I liked you far too much to ignore. So these were made just in case I liked you." She pointed to a row of recliners and drinks, with their very own black silken robes, accented with cyan. Their names in the bright blue color along with "Psyren" on the backs these was something he hoped they got to keep. Carefully shrugging on the silk over his cropped top he looked it over, ignoring his friends playful banter with one another as the woman handed him more shots, each time he drank he felt her eyes on him, as if she was examining him closely for a meal..was he this woman's prey? was she after him for some odd reason? What did she have against him? Maybe she wanted to sign them to her own record company? 

Giving a nervous chuckle Xander tried his best not to squirm as the woman untied the flannel from his waist, her nails lightly scratching against his hips as she helped bring the robe across his body, tying it tightly at his hips and grinning, "are you ready?" She purred. Xander's eyes could hardly focus, this long haired beauty became more enchanting the more he watched, her fair skin and black hair with green accents stood out the most to him, her attire was probably the sexiest thing he's seen on a woman, a cross between a tight black dress with the longer sleeves seen on kimonos even adorned with a bow in the back. The more he stared into her eyes the more lost he became, her deep voice traveled to his very core, the small beauty mark near her lip fit her well. She leaned close again, Xander could feel her warm, sweet, breath against his lips as she slowly lowered the nerve gear onto his head. "I've never done anything like this before.." he felt panic set in, he didn't like games, he would have just preferred her company while his friends goofed off on this machine.. he couldn't speak, his drunken stupor had him lost for words as her lips pressed to his as she lowered him into the recliner, whispering with a wicked grin on pressed to his lips. "Enjoy the trip~" a collective sound of bells and whistles signaled it being midnight, many shouts of "Link Start!" Rang out and Xander, like the drunken idiot he was did the same, "link start?" He said and suddenly things changed. 

Xander was brought to a strange pixilation the area formed before him of what seemed to be a town? He looked around frantically and tugged at his clothes, feeling trapped in the strange unisex garb he was thrown into he felt as though he was suffocating. His lids felt heavy as he wondered the streets of excited players all chattering happily amongst each other until a loud booming voice could be heard overhead. Xander knew this couldn't have been good. This place was too real, too scary. He wanted out immediately but once the voice boomed that they were staying in the game indefinitely he felt his heart drop into his stomach. This was it. This was how he died. He wanted to curl up on the floor and cry. But with all these other players around it was probably best to put on a strong front, but he couldn't help but feel tears well up and his body tremble. 

Xander jolted awake as a small whine escaped his lips and tears rolled down his cheeks. He quickly felt himself over, crashing his head into the shelf above him that held pint glasses that were purely for show. The loud clinking followed by his hand pressing to his left arm, feeling for the wound that no longer existed. Coming to his sense he felt his eyes glaze over as he shut them tight and began to rub them.  Never so vividly was he able to remember what happened. Not until tonight. Tears continued to stream as he rubbed them away quickly, trying his best not to sob. This was what his life bacame. He wasn't part of Psyren here. He wasn't with his friends who before he jumped into this game he hated. The women he met he never knew what would become of her. This was his reality, he tried his best to fake a smile at the memories.

He missed Danny, he missed John and Wes. All of them, no mater how big of jerks they were he couldn't help but miss the people he spent every waking moment with. He couldn't remember the last time they were truly apart. This tantrum of his before being trapped probably split their friendship for good. "No..I'll find them..this will be okay..I'll make this right." He shook his head trying to clear his head of somber thoughts. Re equipping his tunic he scooted from beneath the counter and fixing his clothes. Hoping not to have disturbed any customers that could have been in the tavern, empty as it usually was at this time. He leaned against the counter and stared deeply into the mostly blank NPCs eyes before she continued the same old chime She said anytime someone stepped in the bar or too close to her. 

"Hiya! Welcome to my tavern! Where the drink is stronger than the men or is on us!" 

Edited by Xander Rush

"Not now Natasha" Xander raised his hand at the bar wench he had affectionately named. Lightly he combed his fingers through his hair, it didn't mess up as often here but he still liked running the motions that he had grown fond of in the real world. "No more hiding. I have to take control of this situation or let insanity engulf me, and I'm not the kind to let something as silly as insanity take me. I'm better than that. Plus I had a tab to collect in the real world" he grinned and stretched out, equipping his weapon they gave him when he first entered the game he made his way out the tavern and into the cool air that breezed through the city. His eyes looked up at the stars and marveled in their detail, making a promise to his friends that he hoped were looking up as well. "Xander Rush is on the way guys, just try to stay alive okay..?" He whispered as he wondered off into the night. 

Thread Complete!

Spoiler

Summary

Xander Rush: 800 Col +2 Sp

Edited by Xander Rush