[F1-pp] Plucking even bigger flowers <<Secret medicine of the Forest>> (with Saphira) COMPLETE

Hei had been hit by all of the Nepents before he had killed one, so he wasn't to surprised to see Saphira running in and using her sword skills to attack on of them, he also wasn't to surprised with her missing. He remembered the time well, before he had gotten the first Accuracy Item. Now it was really easy for him to hit, so he hoped that Saphira would soon be able to get some equipment that helped her. He quickly sidestepped to where she had been moments ago to gain the nepent's attention and protect Saphira from any harm. To answer her question, he just nodded, but then added "Yeah, I am fine. Those little mobs don't hurt me, and just to assure you, you can have a look at my HP bar, it should show up on the top left of your vision if you don't turn your head"

After he had told her about this, he got ready to continue the fight, simply stabbing at the nepent that had just been attacked by Saphira. The Monster tried to move back, but the spear was long enough to still hit it. When it realized that the weapon would hit it, it changed it's tactic and started whipping it's roots and indeed it hit Hei. The other nepents charged in to follow up, but the first one just stumbled over some tree roots and nearly falling to the ground, while Hei was quick enough to jump out of the second one's reach.

Spoiler

ID# 90816
Battle: 8 -> hit -> 8 dmg -> dead
Mob: 9 -> crit -> 3+1 = 4 dmg -> 380/400 HP

ID# 90817
Mob: 1 -> crit fail

ID# 90818
Mob: 3 -> fail

--- Stats ---

Hei: 380/400 HP | 35/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 1
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 6/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 0
Nepent 1: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead
Nepent 2: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead
Nepent 3: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG
Nepent 4: 7/7 HP | 3 DMG

OOC Spoiler:

Spoiler

Saphira looked at Hei as he jumped out of the brush and attacked one of the four nepents. She saw that he stepped stabbed one of them and that it exploded into pixels. But also she saw that the other nepents attacked Hei - I have to help him!- . With her dagger in her hand she jumped out of the brush and ran towards Hei. She hold her dagger in front of her to trigger the skill and as the dagger started s to glow she tried to hit one of the nepents, who attacked Hei, but as she tried to hit it, the plant monster made a step backwards out of her range. Saphira jumped back to Hei and while she was looking at the nepent in front of her she asked - Are you alright? - . Short she looked at him, then she looked back to the nepents, waiting for their next move of them.

Edited by Hei

Saphira took a look at Hei´s HP bar, he was right, the nepent´s didn´t hurt him that much. Hei made a step forwards and stung at the nepent she had tried to attack before. Before the plant exploded into green and blue pixels it hit Hei again. It made her angry to see how Hei was fighting and how the nepent´s hit him all the time - I know he is much stronger than me, and I know the nepents can´t kill him that fast, but it makes me angry. Also it makes me angry that I can´t really help him -
Saphira closed her eyes and took a pose which would trigger the dagger skill. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes again, her dagger begun to glow. She fixated one of the nepents which were trying to hit Hei and begun to run. Saphira rammed the blade of her dagger in the nepent, ripped it out and hit the nepent again. She walked a step back from the stunned mob.

Spoiler

ID# 90934
Battle: 6 -> hit (side bite: 2x1 - stun)

--- Stats ---
Hei: 380/400 HP | 35/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 1
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 2/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 0
Nepent 3: 1/7 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Saphira

Hei was getting bored by the weak mobs, but he knew, that Saphira needed the training, and that it wouldn't be good for her self-confidence if he would just go and AOE killed all of them just to be done quicker. After he had killed the second Nepent of the group, he saw that Saphira focused and that she used a swordskill. He had not seen this one before, but it was a good one, as she hit the Nepent next to him, reducing it to nearly no HP and even stunning it. This one wouldn't be a threat to her, so he could just let her kill it. The other one would surly try and attack him, so there wasn't a problem with this one too. He wanted Saphira to do the fighting, and so he just ran around, not really attacking any Nepent and he told her "That was a nice hit, and while it is stunned, you don't have to worry about being hit. Just don't forget, that stun attacks drain your energy pretty quick." The stunned Nepent was still not moving, so Hei ignored it, and when the second Nepent swung it's root like tentacles at him, he ducked under them, the Nepent hit the next tree and it's own power sent it flying to the ground.

Spoiler

ID# 90969
Mob: 1 -> crit fail Nepent 4

Nepent 3 was stunned

--- Stats ---
Hei: 380/400 HP | 35/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 2
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 2/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 1
Nepent 3: 1/7 HP | 3 DMG

OOC Spoiler:

Spoiler

Saphira took a look at Hei´s HP bar, he was right, the nepent´s didn't hurt him that much. Hei made a step forwards and stung after at the nepent she had tried to attack before. Before the plant exploded into green and blue pixels it hit Hei again. It made her angry to see how Hei was fighting and how the nepent´s hit him all the time - I know he is much stronger than me, and I know the nepents can´t kill him that fast, but it makes me angry. Also it makes me angry that I can´t really help him -
Saphira closed her eyes and took a pose which would trigger the dagger skill. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes again, her dagger begun to glow. She fixated (fix = festhalten) one of the nepents which were trying to hit Hei and begun to run. Saphira rammed the blade of her dagger in the nepent, ripped it out and hit the nepent again. She walked a step back from the stunned mob.

Edited by Hei

Saphira heard Hei´s compliment about her stun-hit and smiled - Yeah, I think I won´t be able to do this attack again in this fight - she said. She looked at the other Nepent which was trying to hit Hei. She thought, that Hei would kill the Nepent, but he was just running around - What is he doing? Why does he just run around? Does he wan´t me to fight against the last two Nepents? - confused she looked at him. As the Nepent which was trying to hit him fell on the ground she looked at the stunned one - I don´t know how long it will be stunned, I should attack it now. - . She looked at the Nepent. It felt like her body was moving on his own as she took in another pose which would trigger the skill. She begun to swung her dagger circular and createt smal tempests of air. The Nepent explodet into pixels as they hit it.

Spoiler

ID# 91116
Battle: 7 -> hit

--- Stats ---
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 1/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 2
Nepent 3: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead

Edited by Saphira

While Hei was running around, he saw that Saphira looked at him, after she had told him that she wouldn't be able to use the stun attack again this fight. Then he was running with his back turned to her and the Nepent that had just tried to attack him was on the ground. Using his spear he poked it, without dealing damage and the Nepent got back up and started following him, whipping at him, while Saphira used the chance to kill the still stunned one. "Nicely done" he yelled and then turned around, thrust his spear into the charging creature. The spear dug in deep and broke through it, so he was able to see it on the other side even before the beast had dissolved into pixels. "Sorry to take your toys, but I don't want to run around anymore, let's end this quickly. You can search for another Variant and I'll kill it and we hope for the medicine this time."

Spoiler

ID# 91118
Battle: 7+3 = 10 -> hit -> 8 dmg -> dead
Mob: 2 -> miss

--- Stats ---
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 1/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 1
Nepent 3: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead
Nepent 4: 0/7 HP | 3 DMG Dead

Edited by Hei

- It is okay. I understand, that you don´t want to run around all this time but...thank you that you let me a chance to hit the Nepents. - she said a little bit breathless and sat down. - But please let me have a little breake before we will search for the Variant Nepent. My energy is a lot less than yours, so I think you wont really need a breake, I am sorry if this is bothering you. - she finished her dialog and laid down. She looked up to the trees - I am glad that I made it to hit the Nepent, I also stunned it. I think I become better in fighting. - Saphira smiled happy. - I think, if you fight against the Variant Nepent, I will be able to search for it soon. - She said to Hei and listened to the sounds of the forest. - I hope it won´t bother him, that I am taking a breake, but also I am sure that he understand it, he was once a low-level too. -

So even though Hei intended to kill the next variant Nepent without Saphiras help, she still didn't want to go and search for the mob with her energy being that low. It wasn't to logical for Hei, as she wouldn't have to fight, but he wasn't that kind of person, who would make her feel bad for slowing them down. "Don't worry, we don't have to hurry along, just take as long as you need and I'll use the chance to go and gather some materials." He did as he said and soon left the place they had just fought to go and gather some materials, but he got surprised by what he found. Not to far away, he found a small cave like hole in a tree and in there, there was a treasure chest. - I bet there is good loot in there. So I should open it while Saphira still recharges her energy - he though, while he memorized the way he had walked. As he wanted to check on Saphira, he walked back and told her "You won't believe me, but I found a treasure chest not to far from here. You can come along, when I open it, if you'd like"

Spoiler

ID# 91164
Loot: 16+3 = 19 -> found chest

OOC: please let me open it

Edited by Hei

Hei told her, that she hasn´t to worry about slowing them down. - I don´t belive you - she mumbled as Hei walked away to search some materials - Please, just say if you want to walk further but...thank you, that you don´t want me to feel bad. - She closed her eyes and listened at Hei´s quiet steps. After some time the steps became louder, alarmed Saphira stood up and looked short around. She looked at Hei as he walked out of the thicket, as he saw her he begun to talk about a treasure chest he had found - Nice work. - Saphira said smiling - I hope for you something useful will be inside....and I would also come with you...while you are looking inside the chest I could search for the Variant Nepent. - - And if something bad will happen, I can help you. -
She followed Hei into the forest, to the place where he had found the chest. While Hei opened the chest, Saphira begun to look around careful. As she walked further afield she heared the sound of something big walking through the undergrowth, more careful she snuck back to Hei - You should hurry, ther is something, and I saw again the spoors of a Nepent. - she whispered to him.

When Saphira told him that she didn't believe him, that she shouldn't worry about her slowing them down, Hei felt disappointed. He thought his skills with others were at least good enough to make others feel comfortable.But he couldn't change it now and so it wasn't a problem he would deal with at the moment. He lead the way over to where he had left the chest and after Saphira had gone to look for the next Nepent they had to kill, he began picking the lock. Doing so was harder than he had thought, but when he finally opened it, a message appeared, telling him what he had found. "Hey Saphira, you wont believe what I found in this chest. It was money, and a lot of mats and some perfect armour. And some potions or something like that. Looks like I got a jackpot." Being so happy, he had totally not noticed that Saphira had been sneaking back. Before he could lower his voice, the sound of a Nepent running at them could be heard.

Spoiler

ID# 91240
LD: 19 -> (1 * 150) Col, (8) materials, perfect armor, (2) rare consumables

Edited by Hei

Saphira was trying to make nearly no noise as she talked to Hei to warn him. Maby he didn´t really noticed, that Saphira was back ´cause he called her name louder as needed. - Stop talking! Please be quiet. - She whispered scared - It will hear you - . Saphira saw his smile disappear as he stopped to talk, she eavesdropped. First she heared nothing, then she heared the sound of something coming closer - Damn it! The Nepent already heared him. - she walked behind Hei and held her dagger ready to fight - I am feeling like a coward, and I am feeling useless, I hate this feelings. - . Saphira looked at the rustling undergrowth as she saw the silhouette of something big - There it is... - she thought grim and followed the silhouette with her eyes. - Plesae be careful - she mumbled to Hei, looked up to him and back to the place where the Nepent would come out of the scrub.

Edited by Saphira

Once the beast was heard, Saphira took a fighting stance, even though she probably wasn't going to attack, as the monster had a thick hide and nearly none damage would go through. Standing in front of her, he heard her mumbling something about him being careful, when the Nepent broke through the brushed and let out a triumphant howl. That was till the moment, when Heis spear flashed forward the first time, connecting with the mob and leaving a big red mark. The nepents HP began to sink, when the spear hit it a second time. Before the monster could do anything else, Hei rammed it with the back side of the spear, stopping the movement of it's tentacles and dropping its HP to zero. The fight was over before it really had begun, and a pop-up appeared in front of Hei, telling him that he had found <Nepent's Ovule> . "Hey Saphira, we got what we came for, so let's return to the village that needs the medicine and complete this quest."

Spoiler

ID# 91316
Battle: 6 -> hit -> 3x9 = 27 - 5 = 22 -> dead + stun
Mob: ignored (stun)

Loot roll:
ID# 91317
LD: 15+3 = 18 -> <Nepent's Ovule>  dropped

--- stats ---

Hei: 400/400 HP | 32/40 Energy | 8 DMG | LD +3 | ACC +3 | Hate: 0
Saphira: 80/80 HP | 8/8 Energy | 3 DMG | 27 MIT | EVA +1 | Hate: 0
Nepent 1: 0/15 HP | 10 DMG | 5 MIT Dead

Edited by Hei

The Nepent exploded into pixels as Hei hit it, and after a short breake Hei told her, that they got what they came for. - So we can end the quest now... - she thought - It was fun...I mean, I know fighting is not fun, but...I don´t know how I should say it... - to the end her voice became quieter and quieter, until she became silent. The two walked back to the village, searching a way around some hedges and through the undergrowth. - I am glad that I managed to kill at least one Nepent, I know it is improvable but for the beginning it is okay. - a smile flitted across her face. Short she looked at Hei - Now that we are in the same guild, we surely will meet again. I hope I will be stronger as now if we meet again. -
As they arrived the village, they searched for the NPC who gave the quest to them, to finally finish the quest.
- Thank you, that you helped me to became better in fighting. - Saphira said with a smile to Hei.

Edited by Saphira