SP - F7 Affirming One's Own Code

OOC: This plot takes place after this thread is completed: 

IC:

As he materialized inside of the seven floor's main settlement, Nimbus, Calrex gave a small sigh to himself. He was certainly not as centered as he normally was, and his normal calm demeanor was replaced by one of concern. Looking down at his right hand for a small moment he clenched it into a fists before closing his eyes, a long exhale releasing from him, "I just hope this might help..."

It hadn't been long since his personal excursion to the tenth floor had come to its conclusion, one that made him discover some things that he regrets learning. At the moment, he couldn't tell if it was for the better, or worse. However, one thing was for sure, he knew that experience had changed him, in a way that he felt he might not have been ready for.

"He should be close by..."

"Yo, Cal! Was wondering if you were gonna show up!"

Looking over as he arrived at the exit gate for the settlement he looked to hear a familiar voice call out to him. It was one he only had brief exchanges with in the past, but today was likely going to be one of the longest. The greeting escaped from the hooded figure at the entrance, one that bore the cloak many recognized as one of the numerous information brokers present in Aincrad. However, this one was the bluenette's personal contact, one that he always reached out to for anything happening amongst the community.

"Hey, sorry for the short notice on this one. Do you have anything?"

The white teeth of a wide grin could be seen beneath the hood before the person raised up a hand to grab and pull back the material masking his face.

Spoiler

297021.jpg

"Not sure if it'll be exactly what you're looking for. Your request this time was kind of vague. I mean, I guess you might be able to give me some useful first hand information about falling into the Void, although it doesn't seem particularly different from the other witnesses."

"Yeah...I can't really explain it myself. Course I can't say I'm really in my right mind at the moment."

"Any case, here's what I got. You familiar with the location on this floor called 'The Eye'?"

"Somewhat. I have been out of touch a bit with the lower floors. I remember it being the highest point in this floor, and that some people are rumoring that a powerful monster spawns there."

"Halfway up the mountain there's a player that's living there. He's a bit of a kook, but from what I know if you manage to receive training from him it might help with whatever is happening in your head."

"Is he a frontliner?"

"Nope, not even close. Although if you're expecting to be getting a skill or something else tangible, you're likely going to be disappointed."

With a small sigh Calrex put a hand in his jacket pocket, "...alright, it's better than nothing. Thanks."

"Just let me know when you're heading back. I'm sure there's some things you know that I can make a few quick col off of."

"Heh, thanks..."

With their exchange complete Calrex proceeded forward, the blonde young man watching him exit for a moment before turning to face the inner parts of the settlement, giving a smirk while he pulled his hood back over his head.