[F01-SP] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> [Complete]

Percival had just finished delivering a package to Lyle Tealeaf, and had been asked if he would not giving the blacksmith a hand with something.

"You mentioned you needed some assistance. What was it that you needed?" I asked the Lyle.

Lyle walks over to a nearby chair and sits down with a groaning thud. "Well you see, I have ran very low on my supplies in the shop as of late. These old bones just can't go out all the time to get the materials I need to keep this shop going like I used to." He says rubbing his knees. "Would you mind helping this old man with getting some rarer materials to stock my weaponry?" He looks to me with with what seemed to be a sense of hope in his eye.

Shortly after Lyle's question a small box appeared <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>." I love these quest names" I though to myself, giving a small chuckle. "Sure, I would be glad to help get those rare materials." I say accepting the quest prompt on the display screen. "What is it exactly that you need me to get for you?"

Giving his hand a small clap in happiness, Lyle stood from his chair "Excellent to hear! I need you to go outside of the city and in the nearby plains and track down some Boar Tusks. You can get them off the Boar Pups in the nearby area. They should not give you too much trouble."

My heart sinks at this. "I am already getting myself into combat?!" Percival thought to myself. "You want me to kill Boar Pups? They going to be difficult?" I asked, doing my best to hide the fear in my voice.

Giving a small chuckle, Lyle Replies "They are push overs! Don't you worry. You are obviously geared up enough to handle these little pests."

Giving a small sigh of relief "Glad to hear that.". Percival turns to the door and begins to exit the blacksmiths shop. As I exited the the door I yelled back to Lyle "I will be back shortly!".

Edited by Percival

Percival took a look around the area outside Lyle's shop to get his bearing on where he needed to go. "I guess just go to the nearest gate, and will go from there?" Percival, to his fashion, took the most complicated path possible as to avoid any player contact as much as possible. "I don't need someone interfering, let alone want to "Befriend" me."  He thought to himself, shuddering at the thought. After a while he finally had made it to the nearest gate to the outside of the city walls. "Let's get to it then." He muttered to himself.

"I don't think I will ever get comfy with leaving the city walls. No matter what I can't help, but think I will run into someone out in the field and it will either end in my death or theirs because I could not save them. I can't live with myself letting someone die because of me. I can't....I can't...I can't..." He thought to himself, engraving the thought into his head. As if it were some sort of mantra to remind him of how much of a disgrace he was. That he deserved no one. He was alone and would always be alone. 

Losing track of where he was going from being so deep in his thoughts he suddenly became slightly panicked. He took a quick glimpse around and he had made his way to a "Plain" sort of area. Giving a slight sigh of relief as he turned around and could still see the city wall in the distance behind him. "That was very stupid Obediah...you want to die?" He muttered to himself. 

"Lets look for those Boar Pups then." he though to himself.

Edited by Percival

Taking a quick glance at the area he did not see any of the Boar Pups in the vicinity. "Hmmm. Where could they be?" He though to himself. He has only just entered the plains area, so they are probably a little deeper into the area. Thus he began to walk forward though the area. He would take pauses to make sure he was attracting unwanted attention from other monsters in the area, let alone other players. Once he deemed he was in the clear he would continue going deeper into the area.

After some walking he thought he spotted movement near some  brush nearby. "What we have here?" He thought, as he began to creep his way over to the bushes. Once he felt like he was close enough to determine what was causing the disturbance he paused and waited to see what it was. After a brief moment a small boar clumsily exited the bush. "I think this might be one of the Boar Pups. It's small enough at least." He thought.

Taking Alakaslam in one hand and Persuasion in the other he ran towards the Boar Pup. Ready for a fight. 

Spoiler
  • ID: 88611
  • Battle: 9 (+1) Dmg: 4 (3 + 1Crit) + Paralyze)
  • MOB: 2
  • Loot: 2

Boar Pup: HP - 1/5

Percival ran towards the boar ready to react to whatever the boar tried to do in response. The boar squealed in terror, being startled by Percival charging toward it. It clumsily charged back at Percival attempting to tackle his legs. Percival noticed this and slammed his shield into the ground to brace for the impact of the small Boar Pup. The Boar Pup slammed into the kite shield full force, recoiling backwards from the impact with the solid shield. It squealed in frustration, pain, and confusion as it tried to get its bearings. Percival took the opening and charged at the Boar Pup.

Taking up Alakaslam, Percival slammed the war hammer down upon the Boar Pups head. The boar pup squealed in agony from the huge impact upon its head, and was left entirely disoriented losing the function of its motor skills for a time. 

"Looks like its open for another attack. Might be back sooner than expected." He thought to himself. Getting ready to bring down Alakaslam once again. 

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

Percival: HP: 80/80 +5BH

• Energy: 8/8
  • ID: 88612
  • BD: 2
  • Loot: 18
  • Mob: 5 (Paralyzed Action)

Boar Pup: HP: 1/5

Percival took up Alakaslam once again and attempted to slam it upon the Boar Pup. However the Boar Pup seemed to regain some of its motor functions and was able to evade the deadly blow from Percival. It scurried away as fast as it could into the nearby bushes.

"Oh no you don't. You are not getting away that easily." He muttered to himself. He quickly ran into the bushes swinging his hammer into the bushes in an attempt to blindly clip the beast. However it was not working in his favor, and the Boar Pup ran from bush to bush evading Percival each time. "I have to get this boar cornered somehow. Maybe if I get it into the bush on the end it would no choice but to either fight me or attempt to run past me." He thought to himself. "Worth a shot" He muttered. He quickly began to corral the boar over to the last bush which was working better than he thought. 

"Your move piggy." He yelled at the Boar Pup.

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88613

• BD 4 + 1 (Fail)
  • Loot 4 (Fail for quest mat)
  • MD 5 (Hit) (Thorns Proc (- 14)) 3 - 1 = 2

Percival 78/80  6/8

Boar Pup 0/5

The Boar Pup squealed in frustration as to not being able to avoid Percival. Finally cornered into the last set of bushes it had no where to run. Realizing this, it turned and charged Percival with all its might that it could muster, all along squealing in rage. 

Percival was prepared to smash the puny boar pup with Alakaslam, but remembered he had another weapon at his disposal that he had yet to test. His thorns damage from his mask. He decided to lay down his hammer and shield to see how the thorns would work when the boar pup hit him. He took a knee and braced for the impact he was going to receive. "This is going to hurt you more than me little guy." He muttered to himself.

The boar slammed into Percival's chest plate with a loud thud. Percival was surprised at how hard the little Boar Pup could hit him, he even took damage from the hit. He looked down at the Boar Pup and lo and behold the boar lay on the ground dead from the thorns. "Huh, neat." he thought. "Lets see that boar tusk." He said to himself, clapping his hands together. Once the boar vaporized though nothing happened. "Don't tell me you have a chance to NOT receive this quests material..." He sighed.

He picked up his hammer and shield and said with a chuckle "I guess this just turned into a whole day ordeal. Time to hunt some more down then." Percival began to continue his way through the plains. 

Edited by Percival

Percival hadn't walked too far when he spotted another Boar Pup that was sniffing and scratching the dirt about 15 yards away from him. "Nice. Hope this one will give me a boar tusk." He took up his hammer and was about to charge at the boar when he heard something coming from nearby the Boar Pup. Poking its head through the bush nearby was another Boar Pup! Percival instantly took a knee to try to conceal himself a little from the boars. "Crap. One is a cake walk, but two? That might be more than I can chew." He thought to himself. "However if they do hit me they will just die. I have decent healing capabilities and some mitigation." He stood up and shook his head "Am I really this pitiful. That these baby boar are getting to my head? You are worthless Obadiah. No wonder you cant have anyone in your life. You will just get them killed. You are weak. Pathetic...." Before he could finish the thought though one of the boar spotted him and squealed in response alerting the other boar. Percival snapped out of his thoughts in horror at the piercing sound. "Crap! Well it's do or die now then!" He thought to himself.

Taking up his shield in hand he looked at the two boar shouting "Bring it!

Spoiler

ID: 88641 - Percival & Boar #1

• BD: 5 + 1 (Success)  
    • 3 Damage
  • CD: 8 (Recovery Proc)
  • MD: 2 (Fail) Boar #1

ID: 88642 - Boar #2

• MD: 2 (Fail)

Percival 80/80 ✥ 8/8

Boar #1 2/5 ✥ 0 mit ✥ 3 Damage ✥ No Crits

Boar #2 5/5 ✥ 0 mit ✥ 3 Damage ✥ No Crits

The Boar Pup closest to Percival charged head first intending to boar its small tusks into Percival. Percival had other plans though, and as the Boar jumped to impale Percival he side stepped and slammed Alakaslam into the Boar Pups side. This sent the Boar Pup rolling away as it squealed in agony from the impact of the large hammer. Percival immediately changed his focus to the other Boar Pup who was already charging at him.He slammed Persuasion into the ground for support, and just a second later, the small Boar Pup slammed its head into the kite shield with a large twang. The Boar Pup reeled backwards from the impact, clearly dazed. The other Boar Pup at this point ran over to the second boar pup for support and was ready for another attack against Percival. Percival Stood tall and started banging Alakaslam onto the side of Persuasion to intimidate the small Boar Pups. "That all you got?" He shouted at the Boar Pups. Prepared for their next move. 

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88643 Percival & Boar Pup #1

• BD 7 + 1 (Success)
  • LD 17 (Boar Tusk Mat Success)
  • CD 11 (Recovery Proc)
  • MD 4 (Fail)

ID: 88644 Boar Pup #2

• MD 10 (Success (Quest Monster = No Crit) - Thorns Proc - 14)
    • 3 - 1 = 2
  • LD 10 (Fail Quest Mat)

Percival 78/80 ✥ 8/8

Boar Pup #1 0/5 ✥ 0 mit ✥ 3 Damage ✥ No Crits

Boar Pup #2 0/5 ✥ 0 mit ✥ 3 Damage ✥ No Crits

The Boar Pups squealed in rage, and began to scratch the dirt with their hoofs in preparation to charge Percival once again. "I'm ready for ya." Percival thought to himself, gripping his shield and hammer tightly. Soon as he finished the thought the Boar Pups were charging straight toward him. Percival started running forward to meet them head on.The first Boar Pup leaped at Percival's torso, but Percival quickly side swiped the Boar Pup out of the air with his kite shield. Leaving the boar pup dazed on the ground, but before he could bring up his hammer to finish the job he felt a huge force impact the side of his hip, almost knocking him to the ground. "Crap! I left my side open with that block." Percival thought frustrated with himself. He quickly regained his footing to prepare for another attack from the second boar, but the boar was already on the ground. In a split second the Boar Pup disintegrated! "Oh yea. The thorns!" He said tapping his head. "Now for the other one." Turning his gaze to the remaining Boar Pup, which was still sprawling to get itself up. "Oh no you don't!" Percival shouted as he ran to the Boar Pup, and with a leap he brought down Alakaslam onto the side of the Boar Pup. Dealing the final blow the Boar Pup disintegrated.

"Well then. That wasn't so bad." Percival said to himself sheathing his weapon and shield. "Oh yea! I almost forgot to check to see if I got anything from them." He quickly opened his inventory, and there was indeed a single Boar Pup Tusk! "Yes! One down. Two to go!" He closed out of the inventory screen to take a good look around the area. "Wonder if I will run into packs like this any more? Might speed up the process if I can." Percival began to walk in the direction from which the Boar Pups were originally.

Edited by Percival

Percival continued through the plains in hopes to find more of the Boar Pups, however this time it was not so easy to track them down like the others were. "Think the battle might have scared the others off? I would not be surprised if it had. I mean...I was the idiot banging the shield like a bell there two seconds ago." He thought to himself rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment. "I guess I will try to keep it low profile next time. Won't be too hard I hope." He had made his way to a large opening where the grass seemed to have paths running through them. Obediah had watched hunting shows on TV and figured that they had to be animal paths of some kind. Maybe it was the Boar Pups? Could it be something bigger? "Well, I guess there is only one way to find out." He muttered. He began to follow the path in hopes that it would lead to more of the Boar Pups.

He was not walking down the path for too long when he spotted movement about 20 yards away in front of him. Quickly he began to start creeping his way over in an attempt to discover what it was. After he closed in some distance he indeed confirmed it was a Boar Pup! "Great! Another one located. Lets get this party started then." He upholstered his shield and hammer and began to charge toward the Boar Pup.  

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88658

• BD 9 + 1 (Success) (Crit) (Paralyze Proc)
    • 3 + 1 = 4
  • MD 4 (Fail)

Percival 80/80 ✥ 8/8

Boar Pup 1/5 ✥ 0 Mit ✥ 3 Dmg ✥ No Crits

Percival was already upon the Boar Pup before it had spotted his approach, and squealed in surprise! Percival raised Alakaslam high into the, air and with all of his might, slammed it into the side of the Boar Pups Skull. This sent the Boar Pup into a rolling tumble. The boar pup was clearly disorientated from the impact of the hammer. It seemed it could not even stand back up from the blow. "I think I might have broke it a little." He said to himself. Almost pitying the small Boar Pup. "I guess I should put it out of its misery then." He began to make his way over to the Boar Pup that was still immobilized on the ground, but stopped mid stride. His last sentence struck a chord in his mind. "Did I just give this program life? Have I been here this long to forget that this place is a prison of pixels and data?" He shook his head n disgust with himself. "Things like that will get me killed. Just end this quickly." He continued his way over to the Boar Pup. Ready to deal the final blow. 

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88662

• BD 10 + 1 (Success) (Crit)
    • 3 + 2 = 5
  • MD 1 (Fail)
  • LD 10 (Fail) :(

Percival 80/80 ✥ 8/8

Boar Pup 0/5 ✥ 

Percival was standing over the Boar Pup with his hammer raised high, and quickly slammed it into the side of the Boar Pup. The Boar Pup shortly after disintegrated, but sadly it appeared Percival did not receive any quest materials from the Boar Pup. "Well, another one bites the dust. Still need to track down two more of those tusks though." He muttered to himself. With a large sigh he holstered his hammer and shield. "I guess just gotta keep moving forward then." He noticed the path he was originally following continued, so he made his way over to the path to follow suit.

After a short walk he spotted a group of small shapes ahead, rummaging through some nearby bushes. Percival steadily made his way over to the small figures, and it was indeed Boar Pups! There were two to be exact, and seemed to stick very close to one another. "I think I am past the point of worrying for my life at this point. I think I can handle this just fine." He thought. He took out his hammer and shield, and began to charge the closest of the Boar Pups.

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88665 - Percival and Boar #1

• BD 2 (Fail)
  • MD 5 (Fail)

ID: 88666 - Boar #2

• MD 2 (Fail)

Percival 80/80 ✥ 6/8

Boar #1 5/5 ✥ 0 Mit ✥ 3 Dmg ✥ No Crits

Boar #2 5/5 ✥ 0 Mit ✥ 3 Dmg ✥ No Crits

Percival was running towards the boar pups when suddenly the ground was coming up to greet his face. He had somehow managed to trip himself over a tuft of grass that was sticking out of the ground. "Crap!" He shouted and quickly went to catch himself throwing his hammer to the side. He slammed down hard on his side with a huge thud of metal and flesh. "Well that hurt a little." He grumbled to himself. "What are you doing you oaf. Getting bested by grass!" He heard something crack in front of him and quickly turned to look and see what it was. It was one of the Boar Pups charging straight for his head! "Sh-!" He shouted ,and as fast as he could he rolled to a knee and braced himself behind his shield. Shortly after the Boar Pup slammed into the shield with a loud twang. Percival picked himself up and noticed the second boar coming from his left flank. He spotted his hammer, and just as the Boar Pup was going to slam into him he dodge rolled out of the way towards his war hammer. He quickly picked up Alakaslam and stood into a guard position to readily defend himself from the Boar Pups. "Take two?" He yelled at them.

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88667 - Percival & Boar #1

• BD 10 (Success) (Crit) (Paralyze Proc)
    • 3 + 2 = 5 KO!
  • CD 6 (Recovery Proc)
  • MD 2 (Fail)
  • LD 15 (Quest Mat Success!)

ID: 88668 - Boar #2

• MD 5 (Fail)

Percival 80/80 ✥ 7/8

Boar #1 0/5 ✥ 0 Mit ✥ 3 Dmg ✥ No Crits

Boar #2 5/5 ✥ 0 Mit ✥ 3 Dmg ✥ No Crits

After a few moments of scratching its hoofs in the dirt, and a few angry snorts later, the first of the Boar Pups charged for Percival! Percival began to charge forward as well bringing Alakaslam as low to the ground as possible. "This little piggy went to the market!" He shouted. As the Boar Pup jumped to impale Percival, Percival swung with all his might into the underbelly of the Boar Pup. This sent the Boar Pup skyward, squealing in agony. The Boar Pup hadn't even reached the ground before it disintegrated. This time Percival caught the small dialogue box that mention <<Item Received Boar Pup Tusk>>"Awesome!" He shouted to himself. He turned and saw the last Boar Pup charging toward him. He quickly brought his shield around to deflect the Boar Pup to the side. The Boar Pup tumbled to the ground, but was quickly on its feet once again ready to charge at Percival. "Now this little piggy should have stayed home." Percival Muttered, readying Alakaslam once again.

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88672

• BD 7 + 1 (Success)
  • CD 7 (Recovery Proc)
  • MD 5 (Fail)

Percival Percival 80/80 ✥ 7/8

Boar Pup #2 2/5 ✥ 0 Mit ✥ 3 Dmg ✥ No Crits

Percival began running forward towards the Boar Pup, Alakaslam raised high. The Boar Pup squealed in terror. Not only had its companion died but Percival was charging its way! It turned tail and started running away from Percival as fast as it could. "Oh no you don't!" Percival yelled, and he threw Alakaslam as hard as he could at the Boar Pup. The hammer went flying through the air and made contact with the flank of the Boar Pup sending it rolling. Quickly Percival ran over to Alakaslam and picked up the trusty war hammer. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be!" He shouted at the Boar Pup, as he shook his head. The Boar Pup stood up after a moment and was obviously whether to fight or flight once again. Percival took a guard stance once again. He will be ready for whatever the Boar Pup tried to do next. 

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88674

• BD 3 + 1 (Fail)
  • CD 11 (Recovery Proc)
  • MD 10 (Success) (Thorns Proc - 14)
    • 3 - 1 = 2
  • LD 15 (Quest Mat Success!)

Percival 78/80 ✥ 7/8

Boar Pup #2 0/5 ✥ 0 Mit ✥ 3 Dmg ✥ No Crits

There was some tension in the air. It was obvious the Boar Pup was contemplating running again, but if it did it might get hit anyways from Percival's war hammer. It squealed in rage, and started to pace around. It finally turned and faced Percival to begin its charge! "Come on then!" Percival yelled at the Boar Pup. Percival was going to try once again to deflect the Boar Pup and strike when it was trying to recover, but as Percival got ready to deflect the Boar Pup it side stepped the other way than what the other Boar Pups had done. "It learned?!" Percival thought. Before Percival could react the Boar pup was already in Percival's thigh. To the Boar Pup's dismay though there was a short pause, but the Boar Pup dropped to the ground defeated. "You should not have touched me little guy." He muttered as the Boar Pup disintegrated into the air. A dialogue box appeared with a message <<Item Received Boar Pup Tusk 3/3>>! With a sigh of relief "Finally all done. Just got to make my way back to the gates and head over to Lyle Tealeaf's place to turn in the quest." He turned to start trekking back to he city, but realized he was still a little injured from the last fight. "I think I can rest a little first though. I would rather be at peak strength in case something happened along the way." He went over to a nearby solitary tree and rested his back against it. Taking a breath of the fresh air. "You know, for being a program this place can be beautiful sometimes." He says to himself, taking in the beautiful view of the rolling plains around him. "Just wish it was not a death sentence to others."

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

Out of Combat +10 Hp Recovery Percival 80/80

After a good few minutes of rest, Percival stood up from the tree. "I guess I should get going. I don't want this to take the entire day." He took a quick look around to make sure there were no other monsters in the area, and didn't see anything. He began to back track through the path that he originally followed out here. "I wonder if there will be more quests? I mean it would be nice if this is a quest chain. The quests so far are not that bad, and would be great for experience." He said to himself, as he shrugged. After a while of walking the city gates of the Town of Beginnings were finally visible. "Not too much longer then." He thought to himself. "Now for the hard part. Not interacting with anyone."

As he entered the familiar gates of the Town of Beginnings he made his way to the nearest alley to make sure he was not to be spotted by too many people. He snaked his way through the city, and after some time, arrived at Lyle Tealeaf's shop. Percival made his way to the front door and gave it a couple knocks. "Lyle it's Percival. I have all the Materials you requested!"

The door slowly opened and standing before Percival was the elderly blacksmith Lyle Tealeaf. "Ah! Thank you Percival for that. I don't know what I would have done with out your assistance. Come in, Come in! Take a seat." He said to Percival in a kind tone, ushering him inside. Percival nodded to him and made his way into the shop. He turned to Lyle and opened his inventory and selected the Boar Pup Tusks [3]. "I believe these are your now." Percival stated as he gave the materials to Lyle. "Thank you again young man!" Lyle made his way over to the weaponry area and set the boar tusks upon the counter. Lyle then made his way over to a nearby chair and took a seat. "Sit, sit!" He ushered Percival. Percival saw a nearby chair and took a seat. "I thank you again Percival. I doubt that it was an easy task." Percival almost chuckled at this, I guess it was only because he made all of his gear that it was as easy as it was. Must have been hard for the other players. "It was nothing really. Thank for the opportunity to gain the life experiences." Percival stated to Lyle with a smile. "Was there anything else you needed?

A dialogue box flashed in front of Percival <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free // Completed>>. "I guess that answers that then."  Percival thought to himself, as he closed the box. "No that's all that I require from you. As a token of my gratitude I would like you to have something from my wares." He points to the nearby weapons and armor that lined the walls of the building. "Take your pick. Choose either a weapon or a piece of armor of your choosing." Percival was a little shocked at this. "I can choose any of them? Really?" Lyle chuckled at Percival's disbelief "Of course you can. You did me a service kid. The least I can do is pay you back."

Percival made his way over to the set of weapons and was in awe of the craftsmanship. "Maybe a weapon?" Percival thought. "No, I have Alakaslam. That's my pride and joy. I can't replace that." He walked over to the sets of armor. "This may do though." He looked at all the sets of heavy armor that lined the walls. "I am still in this set of starter iron armor after all. Only thing I have is my mask." He noticed a particular set of heavy armor. It was a pitch black chest piece with white trimming along the sides. Percival took the chest piece from the wall. "I can take this one?" He asked Lyle. "Yes of course! It's all yours." Lyle said happily. Percival took off his starter iron breastplate and quickly put on the new piece of armor. "Thank you sir." Percival said to Lyle. "What is its name?" "Peacekeeper is the name." Lyle replied. 

Percival made his way over to Lyle Tealeaf, "Thank you again." Lyle smiles and nods at Percival. "Oh I almost forgot! Here take this." Lyle had his hand extended and in it was a potion. Percival grabbed the potion from Lyle. "What is this?" Percival was not acclimated with many of the potions in the world, so this weird looking potion was new to him. "This is a Safeguard Potion." Percival inspected the safeguard potion. "So that is a safeguard potion?" He thought. "What does it do?" Percival asks. "It will protect you from a single attack. Use it wisely. You never know when an attack may be your last!". Percival places the potion in his inventory. "That is a strong potion indeed. Thank you once again Lyle. You have been a great help." Percival says extending his arm to shake Lyle's hand. "Like I keep telling you, it's really no big deal. You are the one I should be thanking!" Lyle says returning the kind gesture, shaking Percival's hand.