[PP-F8] The "True" Story Begins... (Vale + Jomei) <<Monkey King>>

[Yui's Grace used, 2 Remaining]

Standing in front of the man she had finished giving the materials to, she looked at the front door and then back at him, "I am sorry to bother you, but I came looking for you specifically Jomei. You are the most likely person to approach to figure out certain things I need to know." She admitted to him, determination struck across her face. The feeling of defeat was still anchored onto her heart in a nasty way. But this transcended her own needs, this was for a cause much larger than the Martial-Artist herself. She gripped her paw-like hand, with her panther-fur cloak draped over her shoulders. Vale looked at Jomei to see how the man would react to her forward advances, there were still a lot of questions that obviously lingered in the air. Yet Vale wasn't exactly concerned, she felt as though this man was the person that she needed the most outside of Hikoru. The Man was already somewhat well known for his skills with a rapier, even so that Vale knew about him long before actually coming to meet him like she has.

Jomei sat there, in front of the woman, playing the lute in his shop with recording crystals set up in front of him. He switched his lute into other instruments when needed, and recorded song after song. After her finished the first two songs she ordered, he handed the woman the crystals. However, he could not get the third song down. "[censored].." he cursed to himself, tossing the crystals out. His olive eyes looked to the crystals on his shelf, he remembered one of them being a song similar to what exactly it was the woman wanted. Placing his lute on the couch beside him, he stood and grabbed the crystal from the shelf. "Alright, theres the three songs you need." he smiled. 

She then looked at him with a determined face, as if there were more to this visit that just buying a few songs from the rusty musician. 

"I am sorry to bother you, but I came looking for you specifically Jomei. You are the most likely person to approach to figure out certain things I need to know."

Her statement had taken Jomei entirely off guard. Someone had come looking for him for information? This was not something he was used to, as he also would have no idea what she would be looking for. ".. Alright.. Not sure what exactly it is your looking for.. But I'll see what I can tell you. first off.. You know who I am, who are you?"

Vale watched the musician at work, on how he would accomplish creating her requests as the first vanity song she asked for was already sung on by Vale herself. All it needed was the musical touch of Jomei which he managed to capture perfectly. He messed up a couple times on the second song but he managed to remember a beat that would fit perfectly for the second song she had created by voice. With that he handed back all three songs that she requested, it was actually incredibly impressive to see him able to churn out work with little effort.

Now that the work formalities were out of the way it was time that business got started, Vale took a deep breath, "I apologize for ambushing you like this out of the blue. But let me start off by saying that my name, is Vale." She introduced herself, after that she cleared her voice, "Now the real reason why I came here." She stated as she pulled out a piece of paper, she reached out to Jomei with the paper of what the Gemini said. A phrase specifically would jump out to anyone who knew the truth, the line read 'You feel the might of Dom, and the ferocity of the man who owned true rage!' 

Edited by Vale

"I apologize for ambushing you like this out of the blue. But let me start off by saying that my name, is Vale."

Now the girl had a name, Vale. Jomei chuckled as he shook his head, "Trust me.. with the way my life has been lately, I appreciate being ambushed out of the blue. I don't get many visitors usually. So its nice to see a new face, Vale."  Friends were something that Jomei lacked in lately, so he appreciated a random new face asking for his help. With the death of so many of his friends, and the vanishing of others, Jomei was starting to feel pretty alone in this world.. hence one of the personal reasons he removed himself from the front lines.

"Now the real reason why I came here."

The woman pulled out a small slip of paper from her pocket and handed it to Jomei. The man's eyes shot from the paper, to Vale, and back before he reached out to take it. Once in his fingers, he slowly unfolded the paper until it was open and he could read the words on the page. 

'You feel the might of Dom, and the ferocity of the man who owned true rage!' 

Jomei was silent, for what seemed like a long time.

"Where.. Where did you get this?"

"Trust me.. with the way my life has been lately, I appreciate being ambushed out of the blue. I don't get many visitors usually. So its nice to see a new face, Vale." 

Vale had a smile stretch across her face when the man responded like this in kind. Albeit she had a specific purpose to be here outside of trying to get songs recorded onto devices so that she could enjoy with others. She wanted to make a good impression on the man as he was one of her only hopes to uncover mysteries that the frontlineres of SAO intended to keep under the down low. After giving Jomei the page, there became an immediate cold feeling inside the room. Slowly but surely the mood of the building was changing with each word that Jomei read.

"Where.. Where did you get this?"

The indicator that Vale was looking for, was presented to her with these words Jomei shared. The panther-like woman knew she couldn't reveal any secrets she had collected just yet until she got more information from him, "I heard these words explicitly shared to me from a monster I fought." She recanted, making sure to leave enough detail to keep intrigue, but withholding enough information to warrant further investigation, "Who is this Dom person... And why is there so little information about him aside from him being slain by a person named Opal?" She asked having only that bit of information to go on from the memorial shrine on the first floor.

Edited by Vale

Olive eyes remained fixated on the words scribbled on the paper in his fingers. More specifically, on the name Dom. Vale stated that a monster she fought spoke these words to her. His gaze moved to the woman, confused. A monster she fought made mention of Dom? Was that even possible for a mob to remember a player? 

"Wh..How?" he did not know what to even ask at that point. "What monster was this? Where did you find it?"

Just as Jomei had finished asking about the monster, Vale was already moving onto another question, which Jomei picked up may have been the point she was trying to make.

"Who is this Dom person... And why is there so little information about him aside from him being slain by a person named Opal?" 

Jomei bit the inside of his cheek, he could not tell her the truth, even though he watched the whole thing unfold right before his eyes. The memory flashed by his eyes, him trying to stop Oikawa from killing Zel, only for Opal to come out from behind and slice Dom in two. He took in a shaky breath through his nostrils. Despite knowing everything, he knew he could not tell her. All of the players present that day met to discuss how to proceed with the killings. They decided it would be best not to speak of it, and to remember Dom and Zel in other ways. Some of them decided this so potential front liners would not feel the need to stay away, in fear of being killed by their comrades. There were others that wanted to keep the killings secret so they could obtain the unique skills lost themselves, for their own selfish needs. Jomei could not remember who voted for which. However, he still would keep that vow. 

"I couldn't tell you.. He was just some player." he shrugged his shoulders, hating himself for speaking lowly of a close friend, "Opal and him had some sort of disagreement, and she stabbed him in the back." He broke eye contact with Vale as he spoke, to avoid revealing that he was lying, and hiding the real truth. 

"Look, I need to run some errands if you don't mind.." Jomei said quickly, trying to step past the woman.

"I couldn't tell you.. He was just some player."

Something definitely didn't feel right with the way he was acting. The words just didn't seem to match the person, Vale could only speculate the reasoning of why, but there was a big reason to keep his information hidden. Vale wasn't about to give up here, she finally found the first semblance of a clue. And based on the shaky breath he took through his nostrils instilled the thought that maybe he was hiding more information. Whether it was for her safety, was to be determined.

"Opal and him had some sort of disagreement, and she stabbed him in the back.", "Look, I need to run some errands if you don't mind.."

Vale realized that maybe she stepped too far into his comfort zone, she reached out grabbing his arm sleeve slightly as he stepped past her, "Please. I know you don't know me. But please let me earn your trust. I want to make it to the front lines and help save the people of this world." She spoke out with a twinge of confidence and sorrow, "I can only guess at what happened, and from what I am getting the idea of. Is something happened that was much larger than just a disagreement." She looked up at the back of his head, if he were to turn his head and look at her, they'd have complete eye contact, "Atleast let me prove to you I am someone who can be trusted! I wouldn't have gotten that message from the monster without there being a deeper purpose." She exclaimed while gripping the fur just above her heart, hoping that her conviction would reach the rapier master.

The man was stopped in his tracks when Vale grabbed onto his arm as he tried to make his way past her. As she spoke, her voice sounded a bit more pleading for Jomei's cooperation with finding out the truth behind Dom. Her first words had hit Jomei, as they were truthful and from the heart. Just as all of them, she wanted to get to the front lines.. to save the lives of all those still in danger. Hell, they were all in danger. But she still wanted to help. He loosened up his muscles a bit and stood up straight. She wanted Jomei to trust her.

He did not reply to anything she asked, for it was tough for him to lie. Especially now when his emotions were running high. Having to talk about one of his best friends who was murdered by someone who, despite turning into a murderer, he held strong feelings for, was very tough for him to even think about. He turned his body to face Vale, crossing his arms. "You want to go to the front lines?" he chuckled "Its just filled with more death.. you see comrades change.. you see best friends die. Its not a place you want to be." he looked her in the eyes. "But... I can tell that your heart is set on that." After a moment, he nodded his head. "Come with me. I want to test you. Come on a quest with me... If I feel you deserve to know.. then I'll tell you more." As he turned and lead her towards the door, he spoke under his breath, "We could use another Dom.."

"Its just filled with more death.. you see comrades change.. you see best friends die. Its not a place you want to be."

This line would resonate within Vale, this man spoke of possibilities as though they were heavy facts that weighed on his conscious. Vale stood there standing at him before he spoke again, with a different sort of light on the man. She was no longer looking at someone who could help her on her way, she was looking at another tortured soul. Who was the exact kind of person she wanted to protect from this world. The front line spilled this feeling of death and agony, as somewhere that she needed to be. Vale wanted to be the one to change the damage of the past, and look to write a brighter tomorrow.

"Come with me. I want to test you. Come on a quest with me... If I feel you deserve to know.. then I'll tell you more."

Vale smiled greatly when Jomei responded the way she had hoped when she plead to him, nodding she replied, "I'll do whatever it takes Jomei-sama." Pride filled her lungs, for this brief moment in time. The feeling of pain of loneliness was not striking her heart, the feeling that she was just helping in general was enough to raise the moral that weighed in within the girl. She took a deep breath, during so her ears twitched as Jomei spoke under his breath. He was quiet enough for Vale not to catch what he said, but this would not put her down. Albeit she was worried about what it was that he said, all she could do was attempt to trust in him like he was doing for her. Vale cleared her throat, "So where exactly are we going?" she asked, unable to keep the curious cat in her hidden.

"So where exactly are we going?"

Jomei chuckled at the girl's curiosity. "Good question" he replied, looking at the girl over his shoulder as he closed up his shop behind him. "I'm sure someone of your determination and skill are aware of the field bosses scattered across all the floors here in Aincrad. A couple more have been discovered recently, ones that I have not had a chance to slay and reap the benefits. So, we are going to go hunt one down."

The man opened up his menu with an upwards motion of his hand, he tapped some buttons to go into his messages. There, he had a message from an "unknown sender" who was actually his typical information broker. He had a list of a few of the new field bosses. Cheating, he knew, but he did not care at this point. He scrolled through the list until one caught his eye. 

"There, the Monkey King. Floor Eight. Lets head to the warp gate and then to the eighth floor. You up for a little challenge?" He said with a smirk

"I'm sure someone of your determination and skill are aware of the field bosses scattered across all the floors here in Aincrad. A couple more have been discovered recently, ones that I have not had a chance to slay and reap the benefits. So, we are going to go hunt one down."

Vale was intrigued by Jomei, and he certainly knew how to get the inner fighter in her to come to the forefront. Vale nodded, "I have a long list of papers from all the different quest boards from all the main and minor towns. I have been needing to get stronger in order to beat that Ge-" She paused herself before finishing the word, "Get a leg up against an enemy." She smiled and giggled trying to take attention away from the fact she was trying to say Gemini. She didn't know if Jomei knew that those beasts could recall information from places they had been victorious or defeated at. It wasn't something she was ready to share just yet. She watched him fling his finger through his system, how graceful he was going through it actually surprised Vale. Finally he brought up one and spoke to her.

"There, the Monkey King. Floor Eight. Lets head to the warp gate and then to the eighth floor. You up for a little challenge?" 

Vale nodded happily, "Lets take out the Monkey King, Jomei-sama." She said as she pulled the paper from her inventory that had the details of the quest, "One can only accomplish so much when they're prepared." She responded to him. Flicking her finger through her inventory to set-up exactly which items were giving her benefits, and which would sit on the back burner, "I think this would be a good time to fidget with our equipment before we begin combat though." Spoken as though she were a veteran of gaming and fighting in general. Little would Jomei know of her lack of video game history.

Stats for this Thread:

Spoiler

Level - 35
HP - 700/700
EN - 70/70
ACC - 3
EVA - 3
Lifesteal (Defensive) - 5% health healed on NAT 9/10
Light Momentum - +1 ACC when missing an attack, until the next successful attack.
Mitigation - 3
LD - 2

Items:
Furry Kitty Spandex
    3 EVA
Kitten's Twilight Embrace
   3 ACC
Duskveil Cloak of the Shadowpride
   T1 Mit, Light Momentum, Lifesteal (Defensive)

Skills:
R5 Martial Arts
R5 Charge
R2 SnD

Irrelevant Skills:
R1 Curved Sword

Spoiler
Level: 49

HP: 980 /(986)
En: 98
DMG: 13
EVA: 4

ACC: 4
Light Momentum: 2
MIT: 30

Skills:

Grandmaster Rapier Skill (+5 DMG)
Grandmaster Light Armor Rank 5 (+30 mit)
Charge Rank 4 (+4 Dmg)

Extra Skills:

Concentration (+1 BD when used)
Martial Arts Rank 0
Survival (+6 HP Out of battle & Not effected by environment)
Meditation Rank 1 (+1 EN on natural CD rolls of 10+)

Mods:

Rapier Ferocity Rank 5 (+1 dmg to Sword Arts Rank 5)
Athletics (+1 DMG, +5 HP)
Precision(+1 ACC)
Sprint and Acrobatics(+1 EVA)

Equipment:

Weapon: Saint Andrew's Bane (+3 DMG x Tier 2)(6 Dmg)

Armor: Leather Vestment of Cunning (+2 EVA, +1 LM)

Accessory: Erin's Favor (+1 EVA, +2 ACC)

Familiar: Adere the Tawny Owl (+1 ACC)

"I think this would be a good time to fidget with our equipment before we begin combat though." 

"Good point" Jomei said with a nod, opening up his inventory in the same way as before as they walked through the town, nearing the large blue ring the two would use to warp up to the Eighth Floor. In quick flashes of light, Jomei's casual clothes under his cloak were replaced with green and black light armor, and his rapier appeared on his left hip. 

Once his armor was in place, the man rotated his shoulders to get a feel for it all, make sure everything sat comfortably. By now, the two were standing just before the warp ring. Jomei looked over at Vale and nodded, before stepping up in front of the teleporter. "Warp, Floor Eight." he called out, and the man vanished in a blue light.

Moments later, Jomei appeared in a similar blue light on a platform on Floor Eight, he stepped off and waited for Vale to arrive. 

"Warp, Floor Eight."

The martial artist walked with Jomei all the way up until they reached the teleportation gate, with him uttering this phrase he vanished in a bright blue light. Vale closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "Warp, Floor Eight." She exclaimed, becoming enveloped in a blue light. After a few moments later the blue light stopped enveloping Vale, and there she stood right beside Jomei in Friben Village. The settlement suspended by the tree's, where the duo's destination was located directly under the settlement itself at the cave known as the Maw of the King. They weren't far, so it was the last chance the two of them would have to prepare for the battle. Vale took this time to use one of the potions she had made quite some time ago, uncorking the top of a yellowy wispy bottle. Vale poured the drink onto her body, feeling the power boost it gave her immediately. She looked at Jomei, "Don't be getting any wise idea's just because I'm pour liquid on myself." She chuckled.

-Fangs of the Beast used-
New DMG: 11(16)

Once the woman had arrived after Jomei, they started their journey to the depths of this floor. Vale had gone into her inventory and pulled out a potion of some sort, stopping to uncork and use the liquid. As she did so, Jomei walked to the edge of one of the platforms and looked down. He followed the tall trunks of varying sizes until they disappeared into darkness. It was a hell of a long way down. Jomei turned back around to see if Vale was ready. The woman had just finished uncorking and pouring a bottle of some sort of potion all over her body. 

"Don't be getting any wise idea's just because I'm pour liquid on myself."

Jomei chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. Despite not knowing Vale he was still a man with an imagination.

"Alright. We should find the way to get down." Jomei looked around the surrounding platforms until his eyes fell upon some sort of elevator-like contraption. He lead the girl across to the next platform where there was a lift made out of wood with an NPC standing near a crank.

"Heading down to the lower levels? You must be crazy." the NPC man said with a chuckle. As the two entered the lift, the man shut the gate and pushed the crank around, letting the wooden box slowly make its way down to the forest floor.

Jomei looked over at Vale and smirked, "You ready for this?"

"Alright. We should find the way to get down."

After the liquid was finished being poured on her body, she tossed the bottle, it exploded into data particles moments after leaving her hand. The Liquid seemed to sit perfectly still on her body, as she wiped her hand, it looked as though the liquid was untouched and never moving. She followed Jomei around until they reached a crank pulled elevator by a short and stocky NPC character.

"Heading down to the lower levels? You must be crazy."

The panther-like woman looked at the man after he uttered that, "Well, the evils that rest below won't be quelled if we just stand up here." She said to the man confidently as she joined Jomei onto the elevator. The wooden box the rode down had a lot of open air to it, and the slow speed of the wooden box was getting on Vale's nerves. She was all revved up and ready to go, but the pace it was taking to reach the bottom would take easily another half hour. As much as she enjoyed idle conversation, they were here on a mission and she was determined to see it through.

"You ready for this?"

Jomei smirked at her, Vale turned around to smirk back, "I don't think you understand how ready." She turned around and lunged out of the wooden box, utilizing her Charge skill mid air to propel her to a tree trunk, using the claws on her gauntlets she was able to hold her position. Constantly reactivating charge to dash downward from tree trunk to tree trunk descending into the darkness below. Vale wasn't too worried about the travel down due to how she had her equipment designed. Within minutes she reached the bottom where the elevator would land, promptly awaiting for Jomei to join her at the bottom.

"I don't think you understand how ready."

No, he definitely did not.

Just after replying to Jomei, Vale had brandished the claws on her gauntlets and launched herself out of the elevator. The man's olive eyes went wide, rushing to the side of the lift and looking down. He watched as the woman latched onto one tree, and then shot to another, and another, eventually disappearing into the darkness.

It was silent, and Jomei felt a drop of sweat drip from his temple. He rubbed the nape of his neck, not sure exactly what just happened. Seeing as he could still see her health and all under his own, he knew she was still alive. He chuckled, crossing his arms, "She's a lot more like Dom than I thought.."

Meanwhile, the forest floor where Vale had landed was dark. Many of the trees had been knocked over, and there was a feeling of dread in the air. From the darkness behind Vale, a low growling could be heard off in the distance. It was accompanied by the sound of something pounding into the ground, shaking the branches of the trees. It continued to get louder and louder until it stopped, and two large, piercing red eyes stared at the small woman from the darkness. 

Rushing forward, once it was in the dim light it stood on its hind legs and pounded its chest, letting out a loud roar that would shake even the towns high above it. The King then threw its arms up over its head before bringing them into the ground like comets, crashing into the dirt. Both of his fists missing Vale.

ID 88696
BD: --- (Jomei will attack next rotation)
MD: 4 (miss)

Jomei: 986/986 (98/98)
Vale: 700/700 (70/70)

Monkey King: 250/250
Mit:50
Dmg: 240

ID 88697
BD: 4 + 3 = 7 (Charge Activated: Sword Art used: All Might)

Vale couldn't hear Jomei talk from the distance she had already elapsed, her ears definitely twitched when the man started talking. A small indicator that her search and detect skill was in fact improving. Her ears only triggered when she could faintly hear sound. Regardless she continued looking towards where she was going, in no time she landed as softly like the fur on her armor felt. She scanned around, but due to the darkness that lingered sight was reduced, not so much so that one would have difficulties seeing within a yard range.

Then the piercing cold stare hit her. The panthers eyes flicked around until they located the red eyes that gleamed at her. She gripped her fist and changed her stance to a boxers stance. The beast lunged at her, with fury seeping from it's very pores, swing it's arms with precision and destruction. Vale honed her sights in on the arms, using her training days as a boxer, she could narrowly predict the location and speed of the attacks. Activating her charge skill she side stepped twice against the monkey causing his fists to miss completely. With her charge skill getting her a decent distance away, she barreled forth with a devastating right punch square into the jaw of the Monkey, flinging him back and causing him to thud on the ground writhing in pain.

Jomei: 986/986 (98/98)
Vale: 700/700 (53/70) (-17 EN)

Monkey King: 60/250 (-240 + 50 = -190 HP)
Mit:50
Dmg: 240

Edited by Vale

As the elevator continued its slow descent to the forest floor, Jomei could hear the sounds of something large moving through the trees.He rushed to the edge and held onto one of the support beams at the corner of the elevator, searching for where the sound was coming from. That was when his eyes caught glimpse of trees shaking with each step. With the path it was on, it would only be a couple of yards ahead of where he was. He drew his rapier and paced, impatiently waiting for the lift to reach the ground so he could rush to battle and help Vale.

That was when he heard the beast's roar. All of the branches around him shook violently, including the elevator. He lost his balance, but quickly regained it as the wooden box stopped shaking. He was far enough down where he could see some of the fighting, and the humongous Monkey King. With fists like boulders, the ape slammed them into the ground, hoping to squash Vale like an insect. However, moments later, the woman delivered a devastating punch, knocking the Monkey onto its back. 

Now was his chance. Eyes, forward, Jomei saw some low hanging branches that looked as though they could hold his weight. Using his Sprint and Acrobatics skill, the man broke leapt from the elevator and onto the first branch, using it as a spring board to launch him to the next. He continued this as far as he could, until he was right above the downed King. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath, he activated his Charge skill, and shot from the tree like a bullet. Falling faster and faster, his rapier took on a golden aura, and within moments, his shoulder had made contact with the Ape, pinning it to the floor. Immediately after his Charge had landed, he began to attack the Monkey King's chest with a barrage of stabs and slashes, cutting the monstrosity down to size, and dealing a large amount of energy. With one last thrust to its throat, the Monkey King let out a pained roar, before exploding into thousands of small glass-like fragments. 

ID 88699
BD 3 (+4) =7
     Over Radiation: 13(+4 Charge + 1 Ferocity) x 14 = 252 (-50 mit) = 202 dmg
MD: 6( - 3) miss
LD: 5

Jomei: 986/986 (84/98)(-14 EN)
Vale: 700/700 (53/70) (-17 EN)

Monkey King: -142/250 

Vale stood up straight and looked at the broken Monkey King, flat on his back unable to show what made it fearsome to the people above. it didn't matter though, she made a colossal point of this Monkey and her technique. Vale was feeling the rush of fulfillment when she knew someone else was there to take note of what she was capable of. Vale watched as Jomei descended down upon the beast preventing any further chance at a comeback, with precision and deadly force the Rapier was slicing, stabbing, and massacring the Monkey King. Jomei was proving he wasn't going to be left behind to Vale.

The Panther woman smiled, "I knew you couldn't hold back. You had the ability to make your way down the entire time Jomei-sama. Why'd you insist on waiting in the wooden box." Vale questioned Jomei. She wasn't sure if Jomei truly did have the capability of getting down to the ground floor with the same deftness. But what she saw out of the man, was the fact that Jomei had the ability to keep up with her. The calm casualness of his attacks, proved that he had been on the frontlines before. As if these sorts of skirmishes had no bearing on his mind, at least this is the perception she had of him.

Edited by Vale

The dust settling around him, the ginger rose to his feet and watched as the pixels of the once-was Monkey King crashed into the ground around him. Drawing a wide figure eight with his rapier, Jomei shoved the weapon back into its sheath on his hip. The man then turned to face Vale with a smirk. 

"I knew you couldn't hold back. You had the ability to make your way down the entire time Jomei-sama. Why'd you insist on waiting in the wooden box." 

This could have been Jomei's chance to say something cool, the famous line of a redeeming hero after showing his true potential. 'I wanted to see what you could do first' or 'I couldn't let you have all the fun' were some that crossed his mind. However, in reality.. he did not have the skills to actually make it down from when Vale jumped. It was thanks to the claws on her gauntlets that helped. Jomei may have had the same Charge skill, but he would not have been able to hold onto one of those trees as easily. That.. and his fear of falling from high up heights was also a.. small factor. 

The man shook his head, "Nonetheless. I'm pretty sure you've proven yourself to me... I'll tell you what you want to know." Tapping the screen that appeared in front of him, rewarding him with the spoils of the battle, he looked back up to Vale. "Come on, lets get out of here so we can talk."