[PP-F7] The Foundation of Truth (Vale + Jomei) <<Case of Wurms>>

[Yui's Grace used 1 Remaining]

"Nonetheless. I'm pretty sure you've proven yourself to me... I'll tell you what you want to know." 

After the defeat of the Monkey King, and it's corpse finally shedding the final data particles into the air. The handsome Jomei said this to Vale, but the girl had no exact question to start with. There was a plethora of things she wanted to know about, and the man in front of the panther-girl knew how much she wanted to know about Dom. And the fact he hadn't began to speak of the man shrouded in mystery, meant there was a lot to the story that she would have to uncover, "I want to know everything you know about the front lines, and as much history that can be provided about them." She started by requested, and before Jomei could speak up she followed up saying, "We'll get our way to understanding whomever this man Dom is. Which is the goal for now, I leave what you tell me up to you." Her final words were a point to try and give trust into the man who was trusting to journey with her.

"Come on, lets get out of here so we can talk."

Vale followed Jomei when he responded. Vale returned to the Wooden Box to be lifted back up to the town above so they could use the time in isolation from others to begin the conversation, "Just before we go back and talk. I think we should continue hunting while we discuss everything." She said, the girl was trying to plan to utilize every moment of her time to improve herself to the nth degree, reminiscent of Berserk like man who never rested longer than a few hours. Vale and the man she would learn about had far more common qualities than met the eye.

@Jomei

Edited by Vale

"I want to know everything you know about the front lines, and as much history that can be provided about them.We'll get our way to understanding whomever this man Dom is. Which is the goal for now, I leave what you tell me up to you."
"Just before we go back and talk. I think we should continue hunting while we discuss everything." 

As the two were slowly being raised back up to the village in the wooden lift, Vale spoke these words to him. She wanted to keep going, and go find another field boss to hunt down. Jomei turned his head to look at her, a cocked brow, and the corner of his lips curling into a smirk. He looked the girl in the eyes for a moment before nodding. He wanted to tell her that she was much more like Dom than she already knew, but he figured he would save that for another time. "Sounds like a good idea.. I've been itching to find another hunting partner." His smirk turned into a grin. As the lift continued to raise up out of the shadowlands, Jomei brought up that message with some of his missing missions on it. "Hm.. any other ones you had in mind?" he asked her, placing his free hand on his chin as he continued to scroll. "Floor Seven... Case of Wurms.. Alright, that one sounds interesting enough."

Closing his message, Jomei crossed his arms and waited for the elevator to reach its destination. After waiting for about ten more minutes, they found themselves back in the treetop village. "Lets head to Floor Seven then."

"Sounds like a good idea.. I've been itching to find another hunting partner."

Vale couldn't help but smirk when Jomei complimented her indirectly on her hunting skills, she felt proud of her skills that she developed thanks in part to the teaching of Hikoru and her own conviction to get stronger. She opened up her inventory to see the damage buff she had previously used had faded already, her damage returned down to it's usual stats. Vale pondered over a way to improve her damage output even higher. But it was something she would have to put into careful consideration.

"Hm.. any other ones you had in mind?"

The panther-like martial artist having her menu already open, she quickly withdrew her stack of papers and sifted through the pages as though they were bound like a book. A few pages stuck out to her so she pulled them out, just as she was about to speak about one she was interested in, Jomei spoke up once again.

"Floor Seven... Case of Wurms.. Alright, that one sounds interesting enough."

"Heh, you just happened to read my mind." She said while pulling out the paper for the Case of Wurms quest which she was intending on showing to Jomei as one they might be able to take care of. With the decision made she put the papers back into her inventory, it dissipating into data particles. After closing her inventory and before the wooden box reached the top, it was time to get a few answers to some questions she had, "So, who currently is apart of the front lines?" She asked, wanting to know who she would be aligning herself with.

The two companions started the short walk to the village's warp gate, where they would make their trip up to the Seventh Floor. Jomei wondered if this quest would be just as easy as the one they had just completed. Being it was one floor below them, he thought it should be.

"So, who currently is apart of the front lines?" 

Vale spoke up, taking Jomei out of the current thought he was in. He took is a deep breath and sighed, "My answer will not exactly be up to date... You see, I haven't exactly been a part of the front lines for quite some time. Had a little... er.. problem, I had to deal with." Jomei looked at the ground, as he vaguely mentioned his run in with the Player Slaver guild. He remembered most of the players that were present at his last boss fight, though some of them were no longer with them. Others he had not seen in forever to even know if they were alive, let alone part of the division of players. He thought hard, covering his chin and mouth with his hand.

"From what I know.. theres Hikoru, Teayre, Calrex, Baldur, Macradon, Ariel.. Zandra.. and Heathcliff... Those are the ones present at the last fight that are still alive that I know of." His mind singled out Opal and Lowenthal's faces. He paused, looking sad for a moment before regaining his composure. "There may be more players up there now, or there may be less.. However, I plan on finding out that answer soon enough when I return for the next fight."

As the two arrived at the warp gate, he looked back at Vale. "Do you know any of those players?"

"My answer will not exactly be up to date... You see, I haven't exactly been a part of the front lines for quite some time. Had a little... er.. problem, I had to deal with."

The panther-like woman was not expecting to hear this come from Jomei. He seemed like someone that had the strength to withstand the front lines, both physically and mentally. Something that was able to hinder this man from going to the front lines had to be a big deal. She was curious about what it was that could keep him from the scariest place that resides in all of Aincrad, but she felt it best to leave it be.

"From what I know.. theres Hikoru, Teayre, Calrex, Baldur, Macradon, Ariel.. Zandra.. and Heathcliff... Those are the ones present at the last fight that are still alive that I know of." 

Jomei gave a visual indicator that something was bothering him after he finished his sentence. Names that were obviously left out, again another visual indicator that Vale would not pursue the knowledge of. She knew the man would hold to his word, so it was best to let the man work at his own speed. Just before the two of them reached the Teleportation gate, Jomei caught Vale off-guard.

"There may be more players up there now, or there may be less.. However, I plan on finding out that answer soon enough when I return for the next fight."
"Do you know any of those players?"

The panther girls cheeks flushed red immediately after being asked if she knew any of them, she nodded, "H-Hikki- errr, Hikoru, and Macradon." She managed to say, after accidentally saying the nickname she personally had for Hikoru. flustered she quickly shouted, "Warp, Floor Seven!"

Jomei's eyebrow cocked when she showed a different emotion after he had asked if she knew any of the players he had mentioned personally. Her cheeks went a bit red, as if he had embarrassed her. 

"H-Hikki- errr, Hikoru, and Macradon." 

Jomei's wide eyes blinked a moment when he heard Vale refer to Hikoru as 'Hikki'. She then quickly corrected herself and mentioned Macradon as well, before the blushing woman turned and warped to their next destination before he had a chance to question her. With a chuckle, the man stepped onto the platform. "Floor Seven!" and in a ball of blue light, he was gone.  

The same blue light produced his digital body onto the Seventh Floor, where he saw the woman already there, waiting for him. He simply looked at her and smirked without saying any words. "Alright, lets head out and find the boss of this floor. Any idea where to start looking?"

Vale thought about Hikoru once again after his name came up in thought, she never used to be a little shy gal when it came to someone she liked. But this time, it was someone most people knew so she was bound to see some attention from it. After having materialized before Jomei showed up, she took a few power breaths to regain control over herself. The martial artist couldn't have flushed cheeks while trying to concentrate on combat, they still had a large freakin two-headed snake to eviscerate. Now was not the time to get love-struck over the shadow stalker.

"Alright, lets head out and find the boss of this floor. Any idea where to start looking?"

Jomei warped in with a smirk on his face, he already knew too much for Vale not to have the blush come back on her face, "Oh I get it, I like someone who fights on the front line." She huffed just before Jomei turned the topic back onto schedule, "Mm, I didn't study up on this boss far too well. But if my memory serves me right, I think people spoke about the beast residing in the northeastern quadrant of the Sand Fields. Just past the Temple of Three." Vale responded with a twinge of uncertainty, returning her eyes back onto Jomei to discuss the prior topic, "Look just don't say anything about it-" She interrupted herself and looked away embarrassed, "N-Nothing has happened yet..." She bit her lip and pushed her index fingers into one another.

Vale's knowledge on the field boss' whereabouts was not the best, however she heard from word of mouth that the snake could be found just past the Temple of Three to the North East. Jomei nodded his head, though from looking at his surroundings he figured it must be a long journey to the temple if its in the Sand Fields. All he saw around him were trees and mountains.. no sign of any desert. He scratched at his chin, staring off into the North East. Were they even on the right floor?

"Look just don't say anything about it-"  Jomei heard Vale say. She looked at him for a moment before turning away, red in her cheeks once again. "N-Nothing has happened yet..."  The Irishman chuckled placing a hand on the woman's shoulder. "I am not going to embarrass you. I am smiling because it makes me happy to hear that." He took his hand back from Vale's shoulder, his smirk had turned into a tooth bearing grin. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he began to walk with Vale in the direction they believed the boss was in. "I know Hikoru's been through a lot.. with Ariel and Lowe's death and all.. But I can tell you, he is an incredible man. Very strong and caring." He looked at Vale once more, "I'm sure you'll make him very happy."

"I am not going to embarrass you. I am smiling because it makes me happy to hear that."

The neko looked at Jomei happily, "I appreciate it, Jomei. You're a wonderful person, I'm sorry for all the losses you have had in your days here." She said with a smile, while also wanting to console the man. The girl walked in stride with the rapier master, the panther woman wasn't expecting to find someone who was so easy to understand and powerful with the story she thought she found her way into it. The man bared his tooth with a cheeky little grin of his.

"I know Hikoru's been through a lot.. with Ariel and Lowe's death and all. But I can tell you, he is an incredible man. Very strong and caring."
"I'm sure you'll make him very happy."

She couldn't help but explode into an embarrassed face, her cheeks easily discernable with a blush. She wasn't expecting to get complimented in such a way, she twiddled her thumbs around each other, "T-Thank you..." Her embarrassment had overridden her body's normal actions, but it was clearly evident that she was smiling from ear to ear. It was truly heart-warming to hear that from that Jomei, "I h-hope you're right Jomei-san. He's the first ever man I have liked... SInce my wife... she...." Vale got a little choked up, a larger situation being hinted at with the words about her wife. Shaking her head, the neko looked at Jomei, "That's not all that important, all that matters is if Hikki-kun likes me too." She laughed, but not wholeheartedly.

"I appreciate it, Jomei. You're a wonderful person, I'm sorry for all the losses you have had in your days here."

The ginger took in a deep breath and sighed before turning to Vale with a small, forced smile. "It's alright.." It wasn't alright in his mind though, the faces of all those close to him who were not around anymore flashing before his eyes most nights before he slept. Whether they died or were just missing, they all meant a lot to Jomei, their spirits what was keeping him going. "It's what comes with being on the frontlines." his voice a bit more solemn in tone. "They weren't all frontliners. He continued, some ran away from the horrors of it all... trying to escape and find a life as regular as it could be as far away from the boss fights. But we cant escape the danger Sword Art Online throws at us, no matter how far we run." He stopped himself before going on.

"I h-hope you're right Jomei-san. He's the first ever man I have liked... SInce my wife... she...."

Jomei was somewhat shocked to hear that she had been married before this. Whether or not she had joined Vale in SAO or not was unknown to him. Either way, it must have been a horrible time for her. "Vale I'm... I'm sorry you had to go through that." She had found hope though, hope in Hikoru. From the way she spoke, he seemed to take her mind off of all of this. He smiled again, this time genuine. "I can't see why he wouldn't." 

The man turned back forward, "Now, back to the task at hand. Let's find this boss before you end up going too soft on me." Jomei said, turning back to her once more with a friendly wink.

"It's what comes with being on the frontlines."

The martial artist had not yet known just how true this statement would be, there was nothing good that came from the front lines as her partner already knew. Vale had great aspirations, a lot of those feelings could be quelled if the woman wasn't properly prepared for it.

"They weren't all frontliners. He continued, some ran away from the horrors of it all... trying to escape and find a life as regular as it could be as far away from the boss fights. But we cant escape the danger Sword Art Online throws at us, no matter how far we run."

Vale was far too embroiled in this situation, knowing first hand what came with the loss of a loved one. When she watched her wife plummet off the edge of the woman's own volition. Vale needed to get a grip over herself here, her body was turned away but tears began to well up in her eyes. Vale chanted in her head to not think about it, Jomei didn't need to know the deeper details yet. Despite the fact that he was apologizing for exactly what he thought was correct. The Panther-woman chose not to bring the story up. When he said it was time to get back on track. She nodded, and looked forward the only place she needed to focus was forward, "Hai, Jomei-sama."

The two continued their trip across the field lined by mountains. Their feet had carried them up a rocky hill, their destination hopefully within view on the other side. Jomei had kept quiet during the journey, dwelling on his own thoughts. As they neared the top, Jomei sighed. "I'm sorry about before, I let my feelings get the-" Jomei stopped mid sentence as they reached the hill's peak. On the opposite side of the green mountains they were originally looking at, the rocks were dry and barren. At the base, and extending as far as they could see, the grass had died and was replaced with dead dirt and sand. The desolation was quite an incredible sight, being it was so close to green lands. At the base of the tallest mountain to their right was an old Japanese-styled temple. The dry air and erosion taking a toll on the once strong architecture, making it look abandoned and destroyed. "We are close." the ginger said as he began the path down the side of the hill and towards the temple. 

He had always loved these interesting places in Aincrad. Though Sword Art Online did not have much 'lore' to go on it, the floors created by the developers told its own story. Here, for example, made Jomei believe that this desert was once as green as its neighboring lands on the opposite side of the mountain, only to be turned this way by some strange occurrence.

As the two continued walking through the sand, Jomei threw his hand out to the side to stop Vale from continuing. In front of them was what looked to be a sand dune of some sorts, made of overturned grains. It stretched far off into the distance, even turning at some points. Some dead trees that were in its path uprooted and overturned. The whole situation reminded him of the Sand Shark he fought with Ahti and Skylar.. This fight, however, would prove to be a bit more difficult. "Get ready, its here somewhere."

The Neko girl hadn't even realized just how far they had traveled while conversing. And although there was so much to think about, it needed to be shelved to the side in order for the Martial Artist to prepare herself for combat and soon. Down the hillside they stood at the peak of lead straight down into dirt and sand, as if there was a something causing the change in the layout of the land. This was something that was relatively new to Aincrad as if things were beginning to change around the lower floors. Vale flicked her eyes around the area seeing no signs of anything, thus she followed Jomei honing her Mind for battle. She withdrew 2 potions, both a small little spark sharp, not a lot but a bit extra damage for the two fighters, "Here take this." She tossed the explosive potion to him, "Small little thing I was working on, something planned for tier three weapons." She explained as she crushed the other potion between her claws, the sparks sharpening her claws slightly.

Not too shortly after crushing the potion, the familiar feeling of being watched returned to Vale. The same one she felt when she was traversing in the darkest depths of the Infernal Caverns with Cerberus. This feeling would have reminded Jomei of Ssendom when he showed his virulent strength back in the days of old. She looked around frantically for where the harboring essence would show it's ugly head. Vale's eyes widened as she looked at the sand beginning to be shifted around, jumping back just in the nick of time to see a red essence covered over the field boss. Immediately it looked at the two of them, two voices heard, "Ahhhh, two well remembered." The voice echoed as though it were in the heads of the two players.

Vale: 780/780 | 78 EN
Jomei: 980/980 | 98 EN

Incarnate of Rage, Amphis Serpens: 500/500 HP | 150 DMG (On a 9/10 will hit both players)

[New Damage: 9(14)

Edited by Vale

Jomei caught the small vial in his right hand as Vale tossed the potion to him. She said it was just a small boost for higher tier weapons. "Thanks." said as he unsheathed his rapier. Using his teeth, the man pulled the cork out of the glass bottle and pored the liquid onto his black sword. The blade emitted a slight aura similar to the color of the liquid before dissipating. Jomei kept the blade at the ready, observing as the potion seemed to dissolve into the sword itself like a sponge. The man then felt a shiver down his spine, and he felt the presence of someone familiar. He could have sword he saw a dark, almost black blur rushing out of the corner of his eye, accompanied by a low growl. It was a frightening feeling, but he did not feel immediate danger. The man shook his head, pinpointing the feeling. "..Dom..?" he said under his breath as he began to look around.

The sand beneath their feet began to shake. Vale jumped back out of the way, while the distracted Jomei was knocked off of his feet into the sand. From beneath them, a large two headed serpent emerged, the yellow grains pouring off of its body like rushing water. The heads stared at each of their victims, its whole body oozing of a blood-like aura. 

"Ahhhh, two well remembered."

The voice echoed in Jomei's head, though he did not see the mouth of the serpent move. "W-what the hell..." Jomei said with grit teeth. Jomei looked over at Vale, who looked just as ready as he was. 

------------------------------------------------

Vale: 780/780 | 78 EN

Incarnate of Rage, Amphis Serpens: 500/500 HP | 150 DMG (On a 9/10 will hit both players)

New damage: 14

Vale looked at the distracted Jomei who had just returned to her side, "This essence that has enveloped the usual easy to slay boss. Has been following me for quite some time now." She looked closer at his eyes, "Are you okay Jomei-san?" She asked politely. The snake began to slither forward, "All that matters, is Rage." the two voices echoed once again. The beast began to slither at the two of them quickly, and Vale seemed to respond at an even faster reaction time than that. She practically disappeared using her charge skill to near the full output of it's limits. With a charged right hand she clobbered one of the two heads of the beast, sending it careening back into a sand hill.

Vale landed on the ground just to watch as the snake dug itself underground. She could loosely feel where the snake was due to her Search and Detect skill. Rapidly a head would shoot out of the ground sending sand everywhere in an attempt to eat Vale in a single shot. The two heads worked in unison to attempt to grab her, but the girl looked as though she was predicting the movements of the beast, "Don't just sit there Jomei!" She laughed as she continued to easily dodge the snake's sad attempt at trying to slay her.

ID: 88862 | BD: 9 (Crit) | MD: 1

Vale: 780/780 | 61/78 EN

Incarnate of Rage, Amphis Serpens: 375/500 HP | 150 DMG (On a 9/10 will hit both players) [(9+1+5)*15=225 DMG dealt)

Edited by Vale

"Are you okay Jomei-san?" 

Jomei stared at the snake as it towered over them. However, Jomei did not feel fear of the large beast, he felt the familiarity. The all too familiar essence of rage. This rage was not something Jomei had felt himself, not in this form. No, this was something that went hand in hand with the Beserker.. in turn, with Dom. So then something had spoken to her.. not necessarily the monster itself, but this form of pent up anger. Jomei shook his head, "I'm fine. We need to take this thing out. Fast." He barked out, feeling pretty serious about this fight as a whole. 

Vale had already knocked the beast back with a powerful punch, and was now dodging its heads as they shot out from the ground, trying to make the woman their lunch. Jomei was completely off, the thought of this power that once took hold of Dom coming back out at large, taunting their every movement. He felt as thought it was a direct insult to his dead friend. With his own anger building up inside of him, Jomei grabbed his rapier in both hands and charged at the serpent. He was clumsy, and not as light on his feet as usual. The serpent made quick work of him, its tail emerging from the sand and swinging, catching Jomei and knocking him off of his feet.

Rolling:
ID 88873
BD 1

Jomei: 980/980 | 96 EN

Incarnate of Rage, Amphis Serpens: 375/500 HP | 150 DMG (On a 9/10 will hit both players) 

Vale looked over at Jomei who seemed to be hesitant, something that she didn't see when they were facing the Monkey King together. She had definitive proof that Jomei was leagues still ahead of her, but he wasn't even seeming like himself anymore. He rushed forward blindly not paying attention to the ground like she was. As she was about to scream out to tell him to dodge the tail, it was too late. She watched the clumsy oaf take an unnecessary knockback, with her distracted mind she almost got chomped down on. Using the passive portion of her Charge skill she managed to evade the powerful bite and appear next to its face.

With one powerful fist thrown forward, The beast got sent back once again this time toward Jomei. She was mollywhopping the essence showing her capabilities above and beyond the essence for a number of times now, "Get your head in the game Jomei!" She shouted, but her words were silenced with the dual voice coming from the snake, "Once in my clutches, you shall be reaped in Despair" The voice was practically screaming in the mind of both players causing her to drop to one knee and cover her ears.

ID: 88874 | BD: 5+3=8 | MD: 6-3=3

Vale: 780/780 | 45/78 EN

Incarnate of Rage, Amphis Serpens: 240/500 HP | 150 DMG (On a 9/10 will hit both players) [9 * 15 = -135 HP]

Edited by Vale

The ginger hit the sand with a softer landing than he expected. He still heard the voice, drilling into his head, taunting him. Jomei took in a deep breath through his nostrils and rose to his feet, one of the heads staring him down. Jomei's facial expressions looked unlike his usual cheery self. His brows were lowered, his green eyes burning up with anger, yet he remained stoic and did not lash out as before. "Stay the hell out of my head." Jomei said as he lowered his body to the floor. The man then rushed forward, his speed increasing as he ran. The serpent's tail emerged from the sand again and rose high above Jomei's head before slamming into the ground. In what seemed like a flash of light, Jomei side stepped the tail whip and jumped at the serpent's throat. Once he made contact, he broke out into a swift barrage of cuts and stabs, his last stab throwing the snake out of the sand and onto its back, squirming. "Finish it!" Jomei yelled over to Vale.

ID 88875
BD 5(+4) hit

Over Radiation: 14 x 1(13 base + 1 potion + 1 Ferocity) = 210 dmg

Jomei: 980/980 | 83 EN

Incarnate of Rage, Amphis Serpens: 30/500 HP | 150 DMG (-210 HP)

The voice in her head stopped being so loud when Jomei landed a crucial attack on the massive beast directly in it's throat. Vale took the opportunity to launch herself at the Snake. The creature had been waiting for Vale to strike again she was it's primary target with her holding the highest amount of threat. It dove into the ground with a gash in one of it's throats and dodged the Martial Artists savage punches. After a moment the creature burst from the ground shooting directly at Vale. But, with her and Jomei being close to one another, the neko reached out and shot Jomei down with pushing her up to leave the creature completely vulnerable to Jomei's attack, "This is your chance, it's got too much attention on me!" She screamed out, "Yall will be overcome by RAGE!" The creature screamed into the heads of both of them once again to try and thwart their teamwork, but the stage already set.

ID: 88876 | BD: 2+3=5  | MD: 8-3=5

Vale: 780/780 | 44/78 EN

Incarnate of Rage, Amphis Serpens: 30/500 HP | 150 DMG (On a 9/10 will hit both players) 

Edited by Vale

As Vale went in for another attack, she was thrown off by the creature's sudden counter. With the serpent on its last leg, it was relying on swift sneak attacks to finish off the duo. However, its focus seemed primarily on Vale. As one of the heads viciously bit at the two, the second head came up from the sand. Vale used Jomei to knock herself out of the way, as well as pushing Jomei clear of the attack. With both heads now focusing on the woman, this left Jomei with a clear shot to finish it off. 

Jomei leapt backwards to give himself more space for his attack, and lowered into a runners stance, finger tips touching the floor. He then took off running with his rapier in his right hand, moving faster and faster, becoming a green blur. His speed propelled Jomei like a missile, a sound like a sonic boom as he shot himself off of the sand. Dirt and sand formed clouds on either side of Jomei as he flew straight into the read end of the serpent's throat, emerging from the other side. Once he was clear from the inside of the creature, Jomei lowered his legs into the ground and skid to a halt.

ID: 88877 | BD: 2  

Vale: 780/780 | 44/78 EN
Jomei: 980/980 | 73 EN

Flashing Penetrator: 11x13(+1+1) = 165 dmg

Incarnate of Rage, Amphis Serpens: 30/500 HP | 150 DMG

Loot:
ID: 8878
LD: 16 CD: 8
1500 col from boss
2500 col from LD
3 Mats from CD

4000 col