[F01-SP] <<The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free>>[Complete]

Percival had just finished the quest for Lyle Tealeaf, and was just asked if he would mind helping someone else with another quest! "Who needs help Lyle?" Percival asks curiously. "Her name is Hannah. She is an Artisan nearby. I ask if you would deliver this parcel to her as well, if you can please." Lyle extends out his hand, and in it was the parcel he just mentioned. Shortly after a dialogue box  appeared <<The Third Lesson, Is Just As Free>>. Percival quickly accepted the dialogue box and reached out to grab the parcel "I will do what I can." There was an ecstatic face plastered on Lyle Tealeaf and quickly replied "Splendid! You can find Hannah inside the city. She will be in the nearby grove. You can't miss her. She likes to paint, so look out for that." Percival made his way over to the door and glanced back at Lyle "Thank you again Lyle. See you again sometime." Percival gave a backhanded wave as he stepped through the door. "Now to find this Hannah." Percival Thought. 

Edited by Percival

Percival made his way precariously through town as he normally did to try to avoid as many people as possible. "One of these days I am going to draw too much attention doing all this. Hopefully by then I am off the first floor." He though to himself. He saw some trees off a short distance away. "I think that might be the grove Lyle mentioned?" Percival made his way over to the trees and encountered a beautiful site. It was indeed a grove, that was for sure. It was filled with trees, lush grass, elegant pathways, and park benches. "I can get used to this place." He thought to himself, taking in the beauty of the landscape. Sitting off to the side of one of these paths by a tree was a woman with a canvas in front of her. "That must be her." Percival thought. He made his way to the path that led to the woman. Following it over to her.

Percival made it to the woman. She was painting on the canvas in front of her. Taking steady strokes with the brush in her hand, it looked like she was painting the grove in front of her. "Sorry to interrupt, but you wouldn't by any chance be Hannah would you?" Percival asked questioningly. The woman paused. She then placed the  brush down on the nearby palette, and turned to Percival. "I am h-" She began saying, but was cut off. She seemed a little thrown back at the site of Percival. "What is wrong? She looks like shes seen a ghost..." Percival thought. A sudden realization hit him. He was still wearing his mask. "I am so sorry! I hadn't realized I had not taken it off!" Quickly Percival opened his inventory and unequipped the mask. "I usually remember to take that off when I meet someone for the first time. My name is Percival." He quickly stammered to the woman, obviously embarrassed. She smiled at Percival "It's ok. I was just not expecting anyone. Let alone someone with a mask like that. I am indeed Hannah. Did you need something from me?" Percival opened his inventory and took out the parcel Lyle had given him. "I think it may be the other way around." Percival said holding out the parcel to Hannah. She looked a little confused, but took the parcel from Percival's hand, and began opening it. "Oh! I have was wondering when this would arrive." She said happily. "Thank you Percival for delivering this. I do indeed need your help."

Edited by Percival

She held up a gold band in front of Percival, "This is only half of what I need.". She placed the gold band inside her pocket. "I also need a gemstone to go onto the band. That is where you come in. There is a cave just outside of town, and in the depths of it there lies the gemstone. I need you do do in there and get it for me." Percival was slightly uneasy about the question. "This sounds like it can be very dangerous, but I can't stop now." Percival thought to himself. "I will do it." He responds. Opening his inventory he equipped his mask. "Is there anything I should worry about?" He asked. "Not that I know of. I would go myself, but I am afraid....of the dark." She responds shyly. "Interesting. Didn't know NPC's could be afraid of the dark like a child can?" Percival thought. "Ok then I will return shortly with the gemstone." Percival responds. "Thank you very much Percival!" Hannah says happily. Percival nods, and makes his way back down the path to exit the grove. 

Percival began taking the alley routes to the city gates whenever he could, as to not be seen by the other players. Once he reached the city gate he took a look around the area. "Looks like all is calm right now at least. Might be able to pick up some materials for the shop while I am heading to this cave." He muttered to himself as he jogged his way to the quest location. "I hope it is as straight forward as it sounds. Just grab the gem and go." He thought to himself. He knew if there was a boss that he may no able to take it on by himself, or at least he did not know if his gear was good enough to do so. "It may just be my death if there is." He thought, shaking his head. As he was jogging he noticed a rock formation up ahead of him. "Might be good to check to see if there is anything of use in that pile of ruble." He muttered, and he detoured to the rocks.

Spoiler

ID: 88805 - Mat Search

• LD: 19 - Success (+1 T1 Mat)
    • 1 Total

Percival had made it to the pile of ruble after a very short walk. "Looks like this used to just be a much larger rock is all. Wonder what smashed it to pieces like this?" Percival thought. "Hope it's nowhere near by...". He began sifting through the piles of stone, and one in particular caught his eye. It was a piece of black rock that was fairly smooth to the touch. "Doesn't feel like a normal rock that's for sure. It even has some girth to it." He thought as he tossed the black material in the air. It was described to be used for the blacksmithing profession, which was a plus. "I guess we will see what this can produce once we get back to the shop then." he muttered to himself, placing the item into his inventory. "I wonder if there is anything else in these piles? It won't hurt to check." He thought to himself.

He quickly began to resume his search for more materials in the ruble.

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID:88879 - Searching for Mats

• LD: 18 (Success +1 T1 Mat)
    • 2 Total

Percival was not searching for long when he pulled out another smooth black ore from the rubble. "Thank you to whatever pulverized this rock!" Percival thought to himself, as he added the ore to his inventory. Feeling that he searched thoroughly enough, Percival began making his way towards the quest marker yet again. "I don't want to get too distracted from the objective at hand. If I want to continue doing this I can do so after I acquire the gemstone."

"I still feel something is off about this quest. It couldn't be a simple grab. No way." Percival thought to himself. "I need to be prepared for anything." He muttered. The map marker was getting closer and closer, and soon Percival was going to be at the markers location. Closing in was a craggy hillside with a small protruding cave mouth coming out of its side. "That must be it." He thought. He made quick work of the rest of the distance, and stood at the mouth of the cave.

"It begins." Percival muttered to himself.

Edited by Percival

Percival took a look into the cave, but that proved futile. The cave was tremendously dark, and there did not seem to be any light sources in the cave itself. "Well, this might prove rather difficult." he said to himself. "Do we even have light sources? I have not seen any to  my knowledge." he thought to himself.  He decided to proceed a little ways into the cave, but not so much as to lose sight of the entrance. "Maybe if I can my eyes acclimated to the darkness it will get a bit easier." Taking a seat, once he felt he was deep enough, he closed his eyes. He wanted to give his theory a try. "Granted it will still be troublesome to see, but it will be better than stumbling around because my eyes are not adjusted." he thought. 

After some time Percival opened his eyes to see if his theory was correct. He was indeed able to make out the sides of the cave, stalagmites, and other features, however it was proving hard to finer details. "I will take anything I can get at this point" he muttered. Percival began to traverse his way though the cave system.

Percival was having difficulty with the cave in that he was tripping on small cracks. rocks, and other finite objects that were hard to see in the blanket of darkness. "I really do wish I had some sort of night vision or something. This is getting red-". Before he could even finish his sentence he tripped over a small boulder in the middle of the room. He hit the ground with an echoing crash of his armor and weapons. "Well if anything dangerous is lurking down here it knows I am here now." He muttered, shaking his head. He stood back up and patted himself down. "Just have to keep moving forward." he thought to himself, setting forth back onto the caverns path. It was not long before he came to something he was dreading he would not encounter. A fork in the road. "Oh you have got to be kidding me now. As if this was not difficult enough." He muttered.

"Which way do I go? I mean it's a 50/50 I get this right." He thought, pondering the obstacle. "I suppose if I'm wrong I can just double back. Left it is then." He began walking his way through the left path. Walking through the cave he thought he heard something other than the familiar sound of his footsteps echoing through the cavern. "What was that?" he thought. He quickly pressed himself against the wall, and placed his hands upon it. He waited for the sound to happen again. He wanted to feel if it was something big, hoping to catch the vibrations in his hand as a warning. After a tense pause he heard a series of noises this time, but felt no vibrations. "What could that be? It almost sounds like..." He should have known what those sounds where from the start. He used to go exploring the woods as a child. They were the sounds of a lots of wings! He pressed himself as hard as he could against the wall of the cave, just as a cloud of bats flew through the area. "Crap this can get bad!" Percival thought, but as soon as the bats appeared they were just as quickly gone. Percival continued to listen just in case there was any more waves of the bats, but nothing seemed to catch his ear. With a sigh of relief Percival dislodged himself from the wall. "That was close." he muttered. He began to continue his way through the cave to be done and over with it.

Spoiler

Item used Safeguard Potion

Percival noticed the walls of the cave were beginning to widen more and more as he continued forward. "Must be coming up to a cavern." he thought. After a little more walking he came  up to the caverns entrance. It was a wide and tall cavern, and was dotted with stalactite and stalagmites all over the room. Pools of settled water were abundant throughout the area as well. In the back of the room was what looked like a pedestal of a sort, and sitting on top was what looked like a gemstone! "That must be what I came here for." he thought to himself.  He navigated his way over to the pedestal to get a better look at the gemstone. The gemstone was fairly large, was a deep blue, and seemed a little too easy to just grab to Percival. "I think I have seen too many Indiana Jones movies to know where this is going." he thought, slightly chuckling. "What can I do to protect myself for what comes next if I don't actually know what it could be? It could be a trap, monster, or maybe even something else entirely." After some pondering he remembered a particular item he acquired recently that would be perfect for something as unpredictable as this! "The Safeguard Potion!". Percival quickly opened his inventory and took out the potion. "Better than saving this and never using it." he muttered to himself. He used the potion and turned his attention back to the gemstone. "Now lets take you to the client.".

Spoiler

ID: 88894

• BD: 7 +1 -1 = 7 (Success)
    • 3dmg
  • MD: 1 (Fail)

Percival 160/160 // 11/12 

Cave Guardian 17/20

Percival equipped his shield and cautiously grabbed the gemstone from the pedestal. He quickly placed the item into his inventory. Just as he closed the display screen he heard a rumbling from behind him. He quickly spun around bringing up Persuasion to cover up as much as him as possible. Rising from one of the pools of water was what seemed to be a rock statue with a broken stone great-sword. After it fully emerged the rumbling stopped and the statue was lifeless. "That it?" Percival muttered in disbelief. This was either a broken trap or a bad joke. Just as Percival was going to drop his shield the statue burst in life! The statue charged forward at Percival slamming its sword into his shield, and knocking him a few feet back. It may be a broken sword, but this thing had incredible power behind it. Percival quickly equipped Alakaslam in his free hand. "My Turn!" Percival charged forward at the stone guardian. The statue swung its great--sword, but Percival deflected the sword up. Taking the opportunity Percival slammed his war hammer into the side of the statue. Bits and pieces of the statue broke off flying. Percival quickly backed off to avoid any counterattacks the guardian might try. "Keep going at it like this you are going to be a pile of dust!" Percival shouted.  

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88895

• BD: 10 +1 -1 = 10 (Crit Success!)
    • Upper Swing: (3 + 2) *3  = 15 + Paralyze Proc
  • MD: 5 (Fail)

Percival 160/160 // 9/12

Cave Guardian 2/20 (Paralyzed)

The Stone Guardian began charging once again towards Percival with its great sword held high. "It's not good to project your attacks like that." Percival muttered. Percival began charging forward in response. The Stone Guardian brought down its sword trying to smash Percival into the ground, but Percival deflected the sword into the ground. This caused the guardians sword to get stuck into the ground. Quickly, before the guardian recovered its sword, Percival uppercut with his war hammer into the chin of the stone guardians head. This sent the the guardian a little ways into the air, but Percival was not done yet. As the guardian was just about to touch the ground Percival spun with the momentum of his last attack and slammed his hammer into the side of the guardians head. This sent the guardians head clean off into one of the nearby stalactites, shattering it to pieces. "I think you are losing your head there friend!" Percival shouted at the statue. The statue fell to the floor with a loud thud. It was clear it was not getting up very soon. 

Edited by Percival
Spoiler

ID: 88896

• BD: 10+1-1 = 10 (Crit! Success) Overkill much???
    • 3+2 = 5
  • CD: 6 (Recovery Proc)
  • MD: Paralyzed

Percival 160/160 // 10/12

Cave Guardian  0/20

Percival walked his way over to the statue. It did not seem to have any fight left in it from the last hit. Percival raised Alakaslam as high as he could and slammed it down upon the guardians chest, shattering it to pieces. "Looks like I didn't need that potion after all." he muttered to himself. Percival sheathed his weapons and made his way back to the entrance of the cavern. "Hopefully the bats are still gone." he thought. He tried his best to strain to hear anything from the path, but it didn't seem like there was anything. Satisfied he began to continue through the path.

It was not a short time later when Percival encountered the fork in the road from earlier. "I would check the other path, but I think it's my health's best interest if I just finish this quest as quick as possible." he thought. He took the path leading to the exit of the cave to avoid any conflicts the other path might bring. "Still no sign of the bats. Maybe they are out feeding then?"

Percival finally made it to the caves entrance. "Time to get back to those welcoming gates." Percival muttered.

Edited by Percival

Percival was making his way to the gates when he spotted a familiar pile of rocks. "It's the rubble I found  the ore in from earlier in the quest. I guess I can take a quick detour to try to snag some more." he thought. The shop did need more stock of materials, and he was outside of the gates which was a chore on its own. He made his way over to the rubble, which seemed to be just how he had left it. "I know I searched through all this stuff pretty well, but maybe there might be something inside the larger pieces?" he thought. He took out Alakaslam and piled a few of the larger stones together. "I guess I can smash em up and see if anything is hiding inside of em. Might find a geode or something." One by one Percival began smashing the rocks in an attempt to find more materials. 

Spoiler

ID: 88897

• LD: 4 (Fail)

Percival smashed the large rocks one after another, but one after another just kept on disintegrating to dust. "Well this is not working like I thought at all." he said with a defeated sigh. "Granted it's not like this is a pickax or anything." he laughed as he held up Alakaslam. "I guess I should just keep going on my way to Hannah then.". Percival sheathed Alakaslam and began he return journey once again to complete the quest. It was a ways of a jog, but Percival could finally make out the city gates of the Town of Beginnings. "Now that is a welcomed sight." Percival said to himself, sighing in relief. After a little more jogging he reached the welcoming gates. Once on the inside he began his avoidance tactics, once again, to avoid as many people as possible. Percival had finally made it to the grove not shortly after. "I can really get used to this place." he thought, taking in the beauty of the grove once again. 

Edited by Percival

Percival followed the path to the tree where Hannah was still painting away at her canvas. He peeked over her shoulder to inspect the canvas. She was much further along than before, and it was looking quite well to boot! "Looks like its coming along real nice there Hannah." Percival said out loud, in a happy tone. She jumped a little from the surprise of someone lurking over her shoulder. "Thank you. Next time can you warn me before you sneak up behind me like that..." she grumbled at Percival. "You are back pretty quick. I take it things went well?" she said as she placed down her brush on the palette. "Yes I was able to get the gemstone. However I didn't know about there being a cave guardian that attacked me as soon as I took the gemstone." Percival grumbled back. Hannah looked a little shocked at this. "A cave guardian?! I can assure you I knew nothing of it! Are you alright?" she asked. "I'm fine. don't worry. Here is the item you quested though." Percival says as he opens his inventory.

Percival takes the gemstone and places it into Hannah's hand. "Wow! You really did get it! Thank you so much!" She replies ecstatically. "Not a problem. What is so important about this gemstone anyways?" Percival asks. "Its for a future project. I hope to finish it here soon actually. Would you like to watch?" she asks Percival, with a hopeful look on her face. Percival laughs a little, and quickly replies "Of course I can watch. Whenever you want to start feel free to do so." Hannah quickly reached into her pocket and pulled the gold band from the parcel that Percival delivered to her from earlier. "What do you think I should make from this? A ring or an amulet?" She asks Percival questioningly. "I think an amulet would be nice.. The stone is nice enough that it would be nice to show off." Percival responds. "Alright then! An amulet it is!" she responded in excitement. 

Hannah took both the gemstone and the gold band and cupped them together in her hands. There was a faint glow at first the steadily got bright and brighter, and after a moment it was hard for Percival to even look at what was going on. After a short moment the light began to fade and Hannah opened her hands revealing an amulet! The amulets appearance was breathtaking. It was the beautiful deep blue gemstone, which was reduced in size now, wrapped in an intricate golden engraved band. The gemstone reminded him of a blue opal that Obediah had seen in many mineral books from school. "It looks amazing! The gemstone and the gold band compliment each other very well." Percival said in awe. Hannah looked very pleased with herself, and quickly responded "I know! I can't believe how well it turned out!". Hannah looked at Percival and quickly grabbed his hand, placing the amulet into it. "I'm very happy you like it because it's all yours!" She said happily.

Percival stood there dumbfounded. "Wait what? You are giving this to me?" Percival said to Hannah. He hadn't still processed what just happened. Hannah laughed, quickly replying "Yes it's all yours. Please take good care of it alright? I don't want to see it in some shop somewhere!". Percival was still dumbfounded. "I can't take this Hannah. This is way to much of a gift for someone like me." he answered. She shook her head, "You risked your life for that gemstone. The least I can do is make this amulet for you. I just wanted the opportunity to make something beautiful is all!". Percival took the amulet and unclasped the amulet, placing it around his neck. "Thank you Hannah. I will take good care of it. I assure you. You will never find this in some shop, on another player, or anywhere but with me." he said happily. "If there is anything else you need from me you can always ask me you hear?" Hannah gave a quick smile to Percival. "Thank you Percival I will keep that in mind.