[SP-F5] <<Blood In The Sands>> Bite What You Can Chew

The sands slowly rise like dust clouds as Crozeph kept his eyes on the monster that should've been dead a few minutes ago if it wasn't for his blunders and failed attacks "I might as well have vivid flashbacks to add more ambience to this stupid fight..." Crozeph dashed towards the armadillo who stood up from its ball form "I hope your loot is worth my time wasted on this!" he dashed like a warrior, the sands rising was nothing as his survival skill kicked in and made him resistant to such conditions. The sword met the armadillo almost as it began to curl up rather quickly. Crozeph's instincts began kicking in too and kept his eyes more on the rolling monster. The armadillo rolled around then towards the raven-haired boy as if it was another attempt to crush him entirely "you may be rolling faster than before but you can't hit me easily" Crozeph waited for the last second as the armadillo reached him. Two feet away, Crozeph took a huge step to his right and dodged the attack clean, as if he knew how fast it was. The fight was still far from over and it seems Chosa won't be able to last if the mild sandstorm continues.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 320/320
  • Energy: 26/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• HP: 127/190
  • 50 damage

• ID: 90778
  • BD: 3 [fail]
  • MD: 3 [fail]

There was no opening before when Crozeph landed a hard blow on the armadillo, he just struck hard on a single target "so I just have to hit it hard again rather than cutting it everywhere" he thought. Crozeph knew that he had to use Gen Getsu again to do that but with the time wasted and his energy consumption of sword arts, he might not be able to help Chosa later but at the same time if he holds back now; Chosa might die because of the environmental condition. Crozeph readied himself to dash forward again. The armadillo stopped rolling and uncurled itself away from him "I'm fast enough to reach it!" he thought. Crozeph dashed forward with mad speed hoping to strike it while it is still uncurling itself. The idea and plan was succesful this time as Crozeph reached the monster who just stood up "Sword Art: Gen Getsu" he uttered as he moved in and slashed at the armadillo creating a somewhat irregular circle again. Gen Getsu was Crozeph's move that he can execute flawlessly along with Tsuji Kaze, strikes that require precision and finesse and if he executed it right again this time, he closer to killing it and ending the fight to help Chosa. 

Gen Getsu landed flawlessly at the armadillo. It flinched as the blade met its face and before it could try to retaliate, Crozeph has already his distance. "Thought so" he uttered "now I have to do this right again or I'll lose more time" he said as he raised his sword to shoulder level and kept his balance for the next attack.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• Energy: 20/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• HP: 73/190
  • 50 damage

• ID: 90802
  • BD: 7 [success] 9 x 6 Gen Getsu = 54 damage
  • MD: 6 - 3 evasion = 3 [fail]

Crozeph dashed forward, hoping to end the fight with initiating the clash or the armadillo's shell and his katana. Crozeph kept his speed, the stats that the scrf is giving enables him to be fast enough to dodge attacks but not strong enough on this one. The armadillo in turn charged at Crozeph too but not in its ball form "looks like it has a limit onto how long it can roll" he thought. Crozeph planted his left foot forward and tried to slash at the armadillo's eyes hoping to blind and and make his next attacks much more easier to land when it is handicapped. The sword swung swiftly but the armadillo dodged by an inch which is frustrating to Crozeph as he swung his katana. The armadillo launched itself to Crozeph but the player was fast enough to move away to to where it will land, Crozeph was saved by his evasive stats again "now onto the next move..." Crozeph raised his sword "I'm going be all juponggatana on you armadillo."

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• Energy: 20/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• HP: 73/190
  • 50 damage

• ID: 90803
  • BD: 1 [utter failure]
  • MD: [fail also]

Crozeph didn't waste another second and quickly moved in, he wasn't letting the armadillo rest and get ready for another attack if he can land a clean blow now. Shifting his movement as he prepares to unleash Gen Getsu on the armadillo again. The monster was still trying to recover from the attack in tried earlier and was just standing up when Crozeph reached it and saw the katana glow a little "have a taste of Gen Getsu again" he uttered calmly at the monster and hoping once and yet again that it will deplete a huge amount of the armadillo's HP. Get Getsu landed on the monster and caused for it to stumble back down. Crozeph then moved away and tried to gather his thoughts on what it'll do next to get even with him "gotta keep my guard up" he told himself..

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• Energy: 14/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• HP: 19/190
  • 50 damage

• ID: 90804
  • BD: 8 [success] 9 x 6 Gen Getsu = 54 damage
  • MD: [2] fail

The armadillo did just what exactly Crozeph was thinking. It quickly stood up and began to give Crozeph the glare he deserves and began to curl itself up and rolled towards him. Crozeph was eager to cut it down and dashed forward, the monster might be a few feet bigger than him but he can deal with it. Sparks flew as the katana grated on the shell while it is rolling. Crozeph knew that it wouldn't sink in this time and jumped back a few feet away from the armadillo. Another failed attack but he has to try again "we're not far from where her friends are plus she can't keep up with this sands rising up and down" he told himself. Crozeph lowered his sword but the sharp edge facing the armadillo "now then, I get this feeling that you are going to die by my blade this time" Crozeph uttered coldly "thanks for bringing up such memories in this fight" he added as he readies himself for another sword art to be used.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• HP: 19/190
  • 50 damage

• ID: 90843
  • BD: 2 [fail]
  • MD: 1 [fail]
Edited by Crozeph
stats edit

The armadillo rushed towards Crozeph, everything falling into place finally. The final clash is nearly at hand, he can finally lead Chosa to her friends and try to help them at least. Crozeph positioned his sword into a somewhat drawing stance, his sword art ready to him the armadillo "having this kind of weapon was something I had in mind before entering the game, a samurai like player" he thought. Crozeph has been aiming for the weapon skill for a long time and that came to him way back with the help of Arekkusu, Azide, Square One, and the blacksmiths who forged his katana long ago "now I'll try putting everything..." the armadillo was three feet away "...to good use" Crozeph moved in, his sword fast enough to swing forward. A drawing strike, quick draw as it may seem and slash at the armadillo before it can reach him further. The final blow was another sword art that Crozeph frequently uses "sword art: Tsuji Kaze" he uttered calmly while quickly sheathing his sword. 

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• Energy: 10/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Giant Armadillo

• HP: 0/190
  • 50 damage

• ID: 90844
  • BD: 8 [success] 9 x 4 Tsuji Kaze : 36 damage
  • MD: 6 - 3 evasion = 3 [fail
  • Giant Armadillo killed [at last]
Edited by Crozeph
mob dice result edit

The armadillo went past Crozeph as if it missed its attack but the final attack was dealt by Crozeph. The giant armadillo fell as it went past him, skidding further away. In just a few saconds, shards of data exploded and flew up. Crozeph gave a loud sigh as he turned around and saw that the armadillo is gone...for good from their path. Crozeph then walked towards Chosa who is still hiding behind a boulder and trying to endure the sands billowing up like smoke "time to go, the sands will drop down soon so try to keep your visions up" he told her. Chosa only nodded and followed Crozeph who made his way towards where the armadillo shattered. There was loot waiting for him, it wasn't a waste after all and he can use the loot to gain much more better materials in the future. Crozeph picked them all up and resumed on their journey, to help Chosa and her friends.

• ID: 90848
  • LD: 18 CD:2
  • obtained 570 col
  • obtained bonus 380 col
  • obtained 2 Tier 1 crafting materials

Chosa stumbled as they made their way to where Crozeph thinks her friends are. it was already a long journey but not a whole day at least, the last encounter was something that he did not expect. Crozeph moved closer to Chosa and held her arm "you should've done the quest for the survival skill" he told her. Chosa just smiled and kept herself standing even with the sands buffeting her "this may seem weird but I still don't know your name, I haven't asked for it yet" she told him. Crozeph gave soft laugh as they walked "I'm Crozeph, Crow for short, not mch of a high level player but I'll do" he replied. The battle might come soon, if Crozeph was right about his deductions. Chosa's friends might have gone to get the Sand Shark and acquire the concoction which raises the armor's mitigation considerably. Chosa might witness something far more heartbreaking than she can handle. If only Crozeph was fast enough and foresaw the events "I'm taking the quest too but I didn't think that I would do it sooner than i planned."

Chosa's condition finally went well as they both began to approach the location that Crozeph has marked. He has always been keen enough on directions if danger is involved, like an adrenaline rush. Chosa raised her hands and tried to swing her spear "so this location has some quest right?" she asked Crozeph "yeah, I kinda took it weeks ago but never really got the chance to start it, maybe now as I help you and your friends" he replied to her. Chosa's eyes brightened up "wow looks like you're hitting two birds with one stone, helping us and finishing a quest" she told him as she began to cover her eyes from the bright sun. Crozeph then felt something bad as he listened "Chosa, we need to hurry! looks like the Sand Shark has..." before Crozeph could finish, a boy wearing light armor and holding an axe appeared behind a boulder "this is way dangerous than we thought! everyone fall bac..." all of a sudden, a shark surfaced from the sand and chewed off half of the player's body. The boy shattered in just a few seconds and Chosa saw it all. "No! my friends!" she ran towards the location but Crozeph darted faster than her. Crozeph then yelled at Chosa "how many of your friends are here!" he shouted. Chosa quickly thought of how many were gone "there were three who went to this quest, I was supposed to be the fourth but they told me to stay" she replied. Crozeph quickly assessed the area "six players, seven to be exact but one has died already" Crozeph thought "that one wasn't her friend or she would've broken up in tears" Crozeph dashed forward to enter the fray.

The Sand Shark appeared again but it seems no one has dealt damage  to it yet, burrowing beneath the sand proved to be an effective way to dodge attacks and kill players who don't have their guard up "anyone who is friends with Chosa go to her up that rock! I'll deal with this monster" he told the players who have reached the yellow gauge of their health. Others murmured at the idea, it was insanity but Crozeph will do it anyone. He unsheathe his sword and set his senses wide to anticipate the Sand Shark.

The shark resurfaced again, it was very fast and it seems Crozeph would be needing more luck on this one. He raised his sword and tried to slash at it while its fin is out of the sand. Dashing at mad speed that he can ever have, he was trying to pull its attention and placing all the hate in him. The other players scampered towards the huge rocks and hoped that the shark would never reached them. Chosa helped one of the players and hugged her. "I'm glad you're safe Lilynette, don't worry about the shark. Crozeph will deal with it" she told the girl, trying to comfort her. Crozeph jumped back, the hate is now on him and he has to fight it just like always. Chosa then looked everywhere "where's Gerard? is he safe?" she asked but Lilynette was too weak in fear to answer. Crozeph eyed the shark, losing sight of it could mean death for him and he has to keep his sight on the monster. It took only a few seconds and the shark re-appeared behind him. As if everything in his sight went to slow-motion, Crozeph quickly moved to his right and dodged the sharp teeth of the shark who burrowed itself again after missing its attack.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Sand Shark

• HP: 160/160
  • Damage: 50
  • Shark Bite: on rolls of 9 - 10, the player bleeds losing 5 HP for two turns

• ID: 90877
  • BD: 5 [fail]

Crozeph keep his eyes on the shark but also trying to see if all the players have climbed to safety. He was sure that Chosa is still safe along with her friend. he needed to know who the others are "Crozeph! Gerard still needs to get to safety!" Chosa yelled at the top of her lungs and it would seem that Gerard has lost half of his health points with the shark. To make things worse, the shark seemed to be attracted to players who lost a lot of health points and began making its way to Gerard. Crozeph dashed parallel from the shark, planning to reach Gerard before the shark could get him for good. "Two-handed straight sword huh? guess the shark was really fast" he thought. The shark sank beneath the sand and Crozeph knew that it was a bad sign. Mustering all the speed he has in his stats, Crozeph reached Gerard "I'm here to help you at Chosa's request, now you need to get to safe..." it was a shivers down his neck. The shark appeared behind Crozeph as he talked to Gerard. He was fast and used his katana as his shield but the sixe of the shark's jaws was too much to be defended. It delivered an excruciating pain to Crozeph's shoulder as it buried its sharp teeth "this is your window Gerard! get to a safe place right no..." as if the bite wasn't enough. Crozeph was launched in the air and landed with a loud thud. Gerard couldn't bear to just watch but Crozeph yelled as he tried to stand up "stay right there swordsman, I can handle a few bites from this guy" he told Gerard. Chosa covered her mouth in shock, Crozeph didn't just received a wound, it was a wound that includes damage per second "one nasty bite huh? lucky I can lessen it a little, but the other effect is troublesome" he thought. Crozeph proceeded to his stance, it's not over yet.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 286/320 [Bleed 2/2]
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Sand Shark

• Shark Bite: on natural rolls of 9 - 10, the player bleeds losing 5 HP for two turns

• ID: 90878
  • BD: 4 [fail]
  • MD: 9 - 3 evasion = 6 [success]
  • 50 - 16 mitigation = 34 damage [Shark Bite activated]
  •  

ID: 90878

Edited by Crozeph
added dice rolls

battle healing [gained +6 HP]

Chosa sat down but wrapped in fear for Crozeph's life. The shark managed to deal damage to him and he's not in a good shape after saving Gerard "Gerard is safe now along with you Lilynette, now there's only one...Alca!" she uttered. Crozeph saw that there are only a few who hasn't climbed off the sand. There was a man wearing heavy armor and holding a girl "here sharky, this one is just a dead weight to the party! eat her then I'll kill you for the que..." the man was cut off when Crozeph struck the man with a scabbard on his face "what was that for?" he asked in an angry tone but before he could gain vision, Crozeph has carried the girl in his arms "tell me your name" he asked her. The girl replied nervously "I'm Alca and a friend of Gerard, thank you for helping us and also Chosa" she replied. Alca saw the fin of the shark coming out "watch out!" she yelled. Crozeph saw the shark resurface just beside them "damn it! I only need to do one thing" Crozeph threw Alca into the air and tried to stab the shark but with its advantage and Crozeph off-balanced by his throw, the shark bit him again. Crozeph growled in pain and was launched in the air landing hard again. The man with heavy armor held up his warhammer but Crozeph saw him die as the shark appeared just beneath the man and swallowed him whole "nobody gets down!" Crozeph yelled angrily "you did what you can, now let yourself live for another day!" he added as he tried to keep his defensive stance.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 252/320 [Bleed 2/2]
  • Energy: 38/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Sand Shark

• Shark Bite: on rolls of 9 - 10, the player bleeds losing 5 HP for two turns

• ID: 90880
  • BD: 1 [critical fail]
  • MD: 10 [critical success] Shark Bite activated
  • 50 -16 mitigation = 34 damage

Battle Healing [gained + 6Hp

Crozeph pulled himself together. Two players are already dead, he hasn't landed a blow at the shark, but at least Chosa and her friends are safe. Croeph didn't want the other players to help, they could get killed in the process. The sand began to shift again as if someone is moving beneath. He lowered his sword and waited, silently. The shark indeed burst out of the sand just beside Crozeph and tried another attack but Crozeph got it this time "Gen Getsu" he uttered before moving swiftly and swung his sword in an irregular circle-like motion. The shark was sent back few feet by the attack and it scurried beneath the sand, Crozeph felt to his knee and tried to assess the situation "I guess my batle healing is keeping the bleeding at bay" he thought. He stood up and began another defensive stance for the shark's next attempt.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 253/320 [Bleed 1/2]
  • Energy: 22/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Sand Shark

• HP: 106/160

• ID: 90881
  • MD: 4 [fail]
Edited by Crozeph

battle healing  [gained +6 HP]

Chosa shouted at Crozeph "we can help you! let us help you"  she told him. Crozeph just smiled and kept his sword up, the shark's fin is visible now and Crozeph needs to anticipate the next attack. The other four players tried to drive away the fear as they stayed on the tall rocks. The monster didn't take long to emerge from the sand and Crozeph was anticipating it. He planted his left foot forward and tried to slash at the shark who is also tried to bite off his head. Crozeph saw that his katana's length can't reach the shark and just rolled forward, avoiding the jaws of the shark. Crozeph let out a deep breath "going for the head huh? that's unfair" he thought. Crozph stood up and kept his eyes on the shark. No ones seems to be in danger now, he can fight at his full strength.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 254/320 [Bleed 0/2]
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Sand Shark

• ID: 90882
  • BD: 1 [fail]
  • MD: 1 [fail]
Edited by Crozeph

The shark moved faster than before, it doesn't seem to hide its fin when it is still a few feet far from its enemies. Crozeph noticed that so he dashed forward before the shark could disappear. Crozeph jumped into the air and slammed his sword down hoping it would reach the shark but it seems that his plan didn't work. The shark emerged just beneath him and tried to ram him down the sand but Crozeph jumped back using its nose, It would seem that he needs to take a better precaution because the shark can fight back anytime it wants and that would be a disadvantage for the raven-haired boy, it might also drop his health points down to the critical level. The good thing is his battle healing works fine and the bleeding given by the shark's bite has now ended.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• HP: 260/320 
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Sand Shark

• ID: 90896
  • BD: 5 [fail[

His energy was somewhat getting down quickly, the shark might gain the advantage of he just goes on attacking without hitting the shark. It was moving with its fin visible as if telling him that it is just around and ready to devour him. The players who fought it and failed stood still, waiting for someone to end it. He had to do it or everyone will die, him included. Mustering up the strength hes still has and moved forward, keeping his katana down. The shark followed and moved swiftly beneath the sand. Players watched with confusion as the shark followed Crozeph. All of a sudden Crozeph spun and faced the shark "gotcha, sharky" he uttered as he quickly raised his sword and used Gen Getsu on the shark. the blade met the shark body as it emerged also when realizing that Crozeph has initiated the attack. Crozeph dashed a few feet as he moved his katana using a sword art. The shark fell down writhing, while Crozeph kept his sword up in a guarding position.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• Energy: 16/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Sand Shark

• HP:52/160

• ID: 90897
  • BD: 6 [success] 9 x 6 Gen Getsu = 54 damage
Edited by Crozeph
battle healing added

Crozeph could feel himself growing weaker, he has used up a lot of energy from the fight with the armadillo and now with the shark shaving a huge percentage of his HP. The shark recovered as it writhe before Crozeph who is keeping his guard up. The shark pulled its senses together and began burying itself on the sand. Crozeph kept his guard up as the shark might appear somewhere. It completely buried itself on the ground, the players stood frozen as if they could feel the tension. Crozeph has dealt a lot of damage and he was damaged really good from the start of the fight. Now he has to end it or he'll be bitten again. The shark appeared behind him and Crozeph didn't see it coming. He quickly moved back and tried to avoid the shark. As his evasion gives him the boosts he needs, Crozeph readied his sword art. He was going to finish it for good and get the others to safety. Crozeph's katana glowed and as the shark's teeth is about to bury in his chest, Crozeph used his sword art, Gen Getsu. The attack landed on the shark, Crozeph lost his balance. the boy skidded on his back on the sand as the shark was hit by his katana. Crozeph groaned as he felt the heat at the back of his head, he was hoping that the fight will be over now.

Spoiler

Crozeph 

• Energy: 10/32
  • 16 mitigation
  • 9 damage
  • 3 evasion

Sand Shark

• HP: 0/160

• ID: 90946
  • MD: 7 - 3 evasion = 4 [fail]

Crozeph stood up, tired and battered. Even though he had a decent regeneration he was completely beaten up by the quest boss. Chosa and her friends ran towards him "you did it! you killed the Sand Shark!" she told him. Crozeph just replied with a tired laugh. He was now sure that the battle was over. Chosa's friends apologized to her after leaving her behind thinking she would be a burden "if you hadn't brought someone to help, we'll all be dead by now" Alca told her. Crozeph opened his UI and saw that he picked up the loot from the shark already "well I must've fell to it and picked it up accidentally, game glitches" he muttered to himself. Chosa was glad that her friends are safe. Crozeph made a faint smile as he saw her make up to her friends and fixed their issues with each other. As the other players walked away in disappointment from not killing the Sand Shark, Chosa and her friends also made their way back to the settlement, Crozeph was in no mood for something about joining crowds now but Chosa held his arm "let just at least help you get back to the settlement" she told him.

• ID: 90949
  • LD: 9 | CD: 7
  • gained 480 col
  • gained bonus 320 col
  • gained 1 Tier 1 material
  • obtained "Sand Armor"
Edited by Crozeph

Chosa can't help herself but be glad that her friends are safe, she hugged Alca and Lilynette as if they were gone for so long and scolded Gerard for getting himself in trouble. All four of them sat on the table, eating and drinking. Crozeph eased himself on the table beside them, a bowl of soup in front of him and mead. He was quiet the whole time and thought of one man who tried to use Alca as a bait but then was killed by the shark "people are more desperate now" he thought. The chain of thoughts rolled inside his head. If he and Chosa was stalled more by the armadillo, Crozeph won't be saving anyone. He has now realized that he isn't as strong as he is, more is required for him to get back on his feet. As he sank deep in his thoughts, Chosa interrupted him "we haven't thanked you yet Crow" she told him. Crozeph just smiled "it was nothing, I just did what seemed to be right" he replied. Gerard thanked him and admiring that he was fast enough to keep up with the movements of the shark. The two girls thanked him also and added that they were really scared when the man began using others as a bait thus destroying their plans and formation. As they gave him their gratitude and thanks, the four friends began discussing about separating and forming their guild. The four of them and they would start from the bottom and climb their way up. Crozeph smiled as he listened but he had other things to take care of. He stood up an pulled the hood of his coat, he needed some equipment and he better get them soon enough. Chosa turned her head and saw that Crozeph was gone, no one noticed. Their happiness and celebration made them unaware that the crow has left. Chosa frowned but then it was followed by a smile "thank you Crozeph, we'll see you again some other time" she told herself.

It was a cold night. Crozeph walked around the settlement. He now has enough to at least get something better plus he was able to help other players. Crozeph made his way to the portal, he was going to explore again. The thought of Chosa and her friends being safe was enough for him, they know better now. He stood before the portal and the thought of getting back to the frontlines struck him again. He has to work harder or at least stay in shape. He stood closer and now he's finally made up his mind onto his net destination.

Thread/Quest Complete

Crozeph obtained the following loot:

1 uncommon consumable <<unidentified>>

5 Tier 1 Crafting Materials

1520 col

Crozeph obtained the following quest rewards:

3 skill points

Sand Armor potion

Crozeph obtained the following thread rewards:

1 skill point

400 col page completion