[PP-F02] Come on Kid <Let there be Light> (Embers, Domarus)

Spoiler

You have been approached by a worried NPC Mother. She is erratic, and asks you to help find her missing child. She tells you that her child was playing in one of the caverns on the second floor with their friend, but they were attacked my monsters, their friend got away but they are still missing. As you approach the cave you realize that it's pitch black inside and that it has affected your mission with vision disabilities.

Requirements:

-Rp must be at least 1 full page long (21 or more posts)
-Due to the cave's darkness and there being no light, any players that chose to enter the cave receive a -1 debuff on all dice rolls unless they have <<Night Vision>>.
-
You must fight two <<Giant Bats>> 
-You must find the lost child

Giant Bat Information:

<Giant Bat> is a Field mob and has the following statistics:
Giant Bat: 50 HP
Damage per Attack: 20

Rewards:

1. 1 Skill Point.
  2. A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25

This was actually a damn quest? Some lonely brat wandered into a cave in the middle of no where, forever from the base of this floor? God, if this were reali life, Embers would honestly not bother. But, this was not the real world. This was the world of Sword Art Online, and more importantly, this was a quest. A quest where she could gain experience, levels and loot from. So why the hell not do it at this point? She could use a few quests under her belt after all. So why the hell not?

She had dismissed the mother, accepting the quest before quickly walking away. God she couldn't stand crying people. Sure, she had her time, but she'd spent her time drinking and getting into fights, not weeping and getting nothing done. Something goes wrong in your life, fix it, don't whine and do nothing. God it pissed her off a ton. She opened her map, and spotted what she needed to go. That cave...Hopefully nothing, after all, this was a quest designed for lower level players. Hopefully she, being herself, would breeze through this. She had her armour, she had her Scythe. Soon, she'd have her Familiar then, well, this world would bow to her. 

She grinned slightly, and opened her messaging system, finding the player she was looking for. Domarus. Last time they'd fought, he'd won their bet by smashing both bosses in one strike. This time, she'd have the final laugh. She quickly sent him a message. 'Hey, gunna do some questing on the 2nd floor. If you wanna tag along, be quick' 

Short, effective and to the point. Embers didn't care to mincing words, but Domarus was a good example of the type of player she'd become, and surpass. And she wanted him to watch her become better than him. 

@Domarus

Edited by Embers

Bow to her?  The world of Aincrad was filled with players who wanted fairness and kindness to be spread throughout the realms.  Pkers were fought against.  Sheer brute strength would get one nowhere when it came to ruling the world.  No.  So many have tried that and failed.  Domarus knew that you had to make yourself seem to be the good guy.  The good samaritan.  With a good reputation and drawing people close as 'friends' created an impenetrable wall on the legal side of things, keeping people from having a reason to remove him from any position of power whatsoever.  At the same time, he had an inner circle of connections.  People who had more precious rewards for being with him who would defend him at any cost.  This would solidify his safety outside the legal world.  In addition to this, Domarus would have an inner circle of four people he trusted above any others, and the word trust being used as a very loose term.  They knew his goals, however at the same time he had to keep from doing anything too dark that would scare them off.  Domarus had a balance and this balance would make him rise.

Of course these were not the things left on his mind today.  He was currently finishing off a group of golems hoping to gain levels by it.  He decimated one of them, only two remaining.  Keres sat on a nearby boulder, her head and feet bobbing to a tune in her head.  The tune belonged to a rather twisted song involving pain and torture, but she never shared it with anyone.  Domarus only knew the tune because he caught her listening to the song in the real world once.  Domarus cleaved at the two remaining golems, obliterating them.  He was currently wearing his Hopebreaker set, the black armor with a red visor.  However if someone were to come near, and Rhozarth would spot them, he would switch to his other set of armor.  Just as fate would have it, Rhozarth gave out a particular cry that you would expect to hear in a forest.  Domarus opened his menu and swapped gear faster than you could blink and turned around to see someone beginning to approach.  Was that who he thought it was?

@Embers

Unlike Domarus, who swapped away from his dark Armour, the girl who found him was indeed wearing her own. Armour as dark as night, almost like a Dark Knight throughout the olden history. Her armour was designed to scare people, as was her weapon. A scythe, similar to the depicted  Grim Reapers, was hunt over her shoulders. A violent grin on her face, and fire in her eyes. There wasn't too much that was innocent about the girl, she was on somewhat of a warpath after all. 

She finally found Domarus, why he was on the second floor was somewhat beyond her, after all, he was a much higher level than any monsters here. He was wearing the same armour as before, and his maid was just, well, sitting there. Did she do anything other than wear that weird outfit? From what she knew, no, after all, the maid had sorta vanished last time she and D went to murder things. 

"There you are Dragon Boy" She said, anger leaked into her voice as she walked up to him "I sent you a message ages ago! Are your eyes pinned shut or something?" By ages ago, Embers meant much closer to a few minutes at most, but in her mind, who was counting that? "I'm gunna do some quest down here, gotta save some kid in a cave or something. Figured you wanna tag along with me. Well, wanna come along?"

@Domarus

The first thing he noted was the armor she wore.   A suit of black armor with multiple layers way yet enough room for her to move around.  It covered everything besides her face and it was clearly designed to scare off players.  His armor was meant to intimidate during combat.  He wondered when she would discover that concealing your face as well, aided in that area.  As for Domarus he was completely unaffected by her armor on any level.  The second thing he noticed was they way she was walking as she came towards him, as well as the look in her eyes.  She was angry at him for some reason and he would soon learn as to why.  He wasn't afraid of her of course.  He knew she wasn't as strong as him.  Not yet.  However if he wasn't cautious then he may lose her as a follower.  He heard her nickname for him and cocked an eyebrow under the helmet.  If it was meant as an insult, or a decent nickname it was neither and she had failed completely.  She then raged about having sent him a message ages ago, to which he nearly laughed.  His menu had received one during combat which wasn't ages ago, unless that was just how impatient the woman was.

"Master Domarus received your message during a fight with some high leveled monsters so he was unable to view it until he finished them off Mistress Embers~"  Keres chimed in.  Whether Embers cared or didn't she continued, sharing how she was taking on a quest involving a child in a cave and how he'd like to tag along.

"Ah, Let there be light.  Well then Keres, looks like we're taking on a pair of giant bats once more.  Come on."  Keres grinned, hoping to be the bait on this mission so she could do something with them this time, and leaping up onto her feet.  She walked over and bowed to Embers before following Domarus who immediately began heading toward the cave.  He knew Embers would follow him.  The cave was familiar to him indeed.  He had killed those bats before.  With his accuracy it shouldn't take too long.  One hit and they'd be dead after all.  Then they took the quest objective back to town and that was it.  It was a really simple quest, just time consuming was all.

@Embers

Embers threw her eyes over at the maid girl, Krers...? She honestly couldn't remember the maid girls name, it started with a K, but that was about as much she could remember. But what caught her by surprise, and it showed, was being called...mistress!? She didn't understand the other girl at all, and besides, her mind also latched onto something far more interesting. There were high level monsters on this floor? She couldn't not think about getting her Scythe into it now, oh how fun it would be to carve up, well, something strong. 

Embers wasn't too shocked he knew the quest, it wasn't that hard of a quest after all. Find a cave, do some murder, rescue some dumb kid from said bats and throw them back at the mother who let their child walk off. Domarus seemed to know where he was going, something that Embers did not, so she quickly followed, staying about half a step behind to his side. Mostly because she had no idea where she was going, and he did. He'd done it before when they went to murder the wasp things.

"Had a feeling you've done this one before" Embers admitted "I probably could do it alone, but, well, doing stuff alone gets boring after a while" She had done a quest alone, and while she was proud she'd butchered that dumb elf by herself, she also found herself bored. There was no one to show off to, no one. If she was gunna murder, why not murder with someone, it was more fun that way. 

When Embers turned to look over at Keres, the girl closed her eyes, tilted her head a bit and smiled.  She loved messing with people's emotions, and something told her that Embers would be an easy target to annoy.  She could not wait to see the woman's reactions.  Then she opened her eyes and saw the woman's shock and couldn't resist giggling at the reaction.  Normally she would have cackled but she'd been practicing otherwise.  When Domarus moved off Keres followed behind them both.  Domarus didn't turn his head as Embers joined him in stride, nor when she mentioned how she had a feeling he had done this quest before, along with the bit about this stuff being boring.  To that he agreed.  These monsters were pathetically easy to destroy.  Even leveled monsters didn't pose any of a threat to him.  With no challenge there was no enjoyment, no pride in victory.  It was just level grinding and nothing more.

"Boring it most definitely is, yet it's also essential.  However I wouldn't suggest fighting monsters nearby me for the time being.  I doubt you'll last more than two hits against monsters leveled to me."  He intended to continuously remind her of how weak she was compared to him, indirectly and in such a small amount that she couldn't hold it against him, all for the purpose of fueling the fire to get her stronger.  He doubted that she would catch on to what he was doing, and if she did it would be a long while.  Discrete was an art he had mastered long ago, along with deceit, manipulation, disguises, even making it seem like his eyes said one thing when it was really another.  For example, if he needed to, he could make it seem as if admiration was showing in his eyes, when really he was disgusted with the individual.

"The cave the targets are in reduces overall chances, so unless you have any accuracy enhancers, your more likely to miss than most players would."

@Embers

Stats

Spoiler

Level:  36

Health:  720/720

Energy:  72/72

Mitigation:  54

Accuracy:  3-4

Evasion:  0

Damage:  15-18

Damage over Time:  None

Counter Damage:  2 Tier 2 Thorns:  24 dmg

Non-combat:

»

Passive:

» Survival (extra skill) <0>

» Gatherer (+3 MAT per find) <10>

Combat:

» No rank Meditation <0>

» Rank 3 Charge <23>

» Concentration <Extra>

Weapon skills:

» Rank 5 Two handed Axe [+8 dmg] <50>
»Rank 3 Fighter familiar [+6 dmg Tier 2] <18>

Mods:

» Rank 5 Ferocity [+1 dmg] <15>

Edited by Domarus

Embers didn't want to react violently, but Domarus was right dammit. She was weak, pathetically so compared to so many players, Domarus in particular. It wasn't that she looked up to him, but rather, Domarus was a player that represented what she should be. Strong, powerful and commanding. A Force of nature itself. That's what she was, not some girl who had to have him look after her. One day, when she had those damn levels to back her up, she'd show him. 

"One day Dragon Boy, i'm gunna get up to your level, or when i'm close enough, you and me, half health sparing match" She said, there was less aggression in her voice, a soft passiveness mixed in there. Hell, if she knew Domarus better, she'd call it a future date just to try and fluster him. Of course, the girl was blissfully unaware that the more she allowed herself to view Domarus as a friendly rival, the more she would walk into the web of the man walking next to her.

"Harder to hit...? My scythe has a bonus in accuracy, so i should be able to land my blows. Of course, when i get my familiar, that'll all change..." 

Stats:

Spoiler

Ember: 200/200 Hp - 10/10 Eng | 5 DMG | 1 ACC | 27 MIT

Level:  10

Health:  200/200

Energy:  10/10

Mitigation:  27

Accuracy:  1

Damage: 5 Base

As they continued to advance towards the cavern she had reacted exactly as he had hoped she would.  She was becoming more predictable, and more influenced by his words.  Good he thought, very good.  However he could not allow to take it easy at any point.  While things may be going well, there could be a part of her history or personality that may attempt to unravel all his work to drag her into his goals.  For now however it would seem that focusing on a healthy, friendly rivalry would be the best place to start with.  The fact that there wasn't as much aggression in her voice and more of a passive tone, told Domarus that he was getting close to perhaps, becoming her friend.  If this was true then it was rather easy, but then again he was a master at what he did.  He was able to please her aggressive and merciless personality while retaining the good reputation he was attempting to forge.  

"I look forward to it Embers.  I truly do."  There was no lie in this.  Domarus needed someone to test his build against, and the last player who was willing to duel him was a tank, and she chickened out about a fourth of the way in.  It showed that his armor could intimidate players susceptible to intimidation factors, but it did not answer his question of how his build worked.  Now that he had two sets of armor however, he needed to test the builds out more than ever.  Hopebreaker was more dps shaped as it had thorns, while Sovereignty was focused on mitigation for armor and nothing more.  He had yet to decide what additional gear to add to the Sovereignty armor.  Hopebreaker was for when players weren't around.  Sovereignty would be for when he was among other players.  Once the guild was strong enough then he would add the kingly part to his armor.  It wouldn't look like kings armor, however it would make him look more important.  Speaking of guilds, his emblem would be showing beside his health bar now.  When Embers confirmed that she had accuracy on her scythe he nodded.  When she mentioned familiars, Porvós, the flaming snake, slithered out of a satchel Keres had around her shoulder, poked it's head out, sniffed the air with it's tongue, and slithered onto her torso as she walked.

"Good.  Then this fight shouldn't last more than a few seconds.  As for obtaining a familiar, I suggest grabbing all consumables you can.  Since obtaining a useful familiar is more difficult than obtaining a vanity familiar after all."

@Embers

Embers felt a grin eat at her when Domarus seemed, well, excited at the idea of her becoming stronger. So he saw the fire within her eh? It was, somewhat, nice to meet someone who didn't seem to cower before her. Most people avoided her, or just placated her. But Domarus, he wanted to play with fire, and Embers would be more than happy to accommodate him. She rolled her head around a little, stretching it out, as well as her arms. Even if it didn't have as much an effect as it did in the real world, she found an odd comfort in ensuring her body was prepared for a fight. She had learnt the hard way, pulling a muscle in her arm mid-punch, which hadn't been helpful because she was in the  middle of a bar fight at the time. It had been a good lesson to learn. 

Domarus was, still, giving her advice with getting familiars. She did frown at what he said about consumables, not fully understanding what they would do to help. But the core of what he said, she did agree on. She wanted a familiar to help her fight. After their last conversation, the girl had looked at the abilities of familiars. She knew what to pick, she was aiming to get a familiar that would increase her accuracy, making sure her attacks landed on her target. 

"I'm gunna get my bird back...Back in the real world, i had a Hawk called Rowan. He, well, traveled with me. If i've got just a chance to get him in this game Dom, i'm taking it..." 

@Domarus

Edited by Embers

OOC-  My deepest apologies for the wait, I truly am sorry about this.

Domarus could practically feel her excitement and enjoyment emanating off of her.  She was like Domarus.  Most people didn't want to fight, spar, or any other form of combat with another player.  At the same time, Domarus wasn't intimidated by anything she could pull on him.  Words were worthless.  Her strength didn't matter much as he would soon wield it in his arsenal.  And her armor was no more intimidating to him than a cat costume.  She had passion in her, but it was to be strong.  Not to dominate over others like Domarus sought.  At the same time, she wasn't as cunning as he was.  That's why she was caught in his web at last.  He simply needed to lure her in further.  If she proved Loyal enough.  And if she knew how to hold her tongue and keep a secret.  Then perhaps...  Just maybe......  Then she began to talk about getting a familiar.  Particularly a familiar she knew in the real world.  A hawk she had named Rowen.  He didn't turn his head to her but he was at the point of wondering if this was her sentimental side.  Everyone had one....  And unfortunately even Domarus had one.  The good thing was that nobody would ever know of it.  Esther was well hidden and Keres was always by Domarus' side.  And if either of them were taken?  He could easily call players to his side and have strength in numbers.

"Well then.  Perhaps we can take the familiar quest sometime soon.  Your best bet would be to look on the first floor due to the fact that there are many animals there.  It sounds like you care a lot about Rowen too."

@Embers

Without even thining, Embers knew that her left arm was raised slightly, just enough, for a bird to sit on it. It was indeed her sentimental side, her 'weakest' point, but she couldn't prevent it. That damn bird had been at her side for years, through thick and thin. She didn't love many living creatures or people, but Rowan was the exception to that rule. She smiled distantly as she thought more about her bird, and worried what would happen to it while she was trapped here. Hopefully her flat mate was taking care of him. She'd hate to loose him while trapped in here.

"I, well...This sounds dumb and stupid, but i love that damn bird. I got him when i was a kid, and wheneve i went anywhere, he'd come along for the ride..." Embers sighed loudly, true enough, this was a side of her that was sentimental and 'weak'. But, she had so many good memories of Rowan, it was impossible not to. The girl looked at Domarus and nodded her head "I'd....That would be nice, to have Rowan back with me"

Embers looked at her left arm, then her right shoulder, as if expected to see her bird there once again. But, this wasn't the real world and Rowan was no where to be seen. But what was easy to see was a cave, looming in front of the pair. But, Embers hadn't noticed it, her eyes were focused on her shoulder, annoyed at missing her damn bird. 

@Domarus

It was a weakness, but whether or not it was her weakest point was up for debate.  For the moment however the issue wasn't with the bird.  As they neared the cave entrance she went on about her real life pet, mentioning how she had him since she was little and how he always came along with her.  She finished off by sighing, stating how it would be nice to have Rowan back.  That meant she had accepted his offer, which meant that they would most likely have a lot of time to interact.  Not only that, but Rhozarth could analyze her further as Domarus did.  He had a very good feeling about Embers.  He nodded to her simply.

"Well alright then.  Once we get you the appropriate consumables we can take the quest, and find your familiar."  He stopped before they entered the cave as she had zoned out.  He waited for her to notice the cave.

"You ready?  Don't want you tripping in there,"  he said with a slight chuckle.  He waited for her to refocus before walking into the darkness.  This cave wasn't randomized so he remembered the route they needed to take from the last time he had taken the quest.  

"Stay close to me.  I know the route we need to take.  These caves don't change and I've taken this quest before.  It helps if you pay attention enough to know the path your taking.  You must miss him a lot if you'd stare at your arm and not notice the cave like that.  Keres wait for us outside."  Keres bowed to them both and smiled to them, waiting patiently.  He nodded and began leading Embers into the cave.

@Embers

Embers had a smile, but not the one she had that ate at her face, no. This smile was a passive, happy smile. One you'd expect from her if Embers wasn't slightly insane and carrying violent tendencies within her heart towards others. She nodded her head at Domarus, she was getting Rowan back and Domarus was going to help her do it. Returning to reality, she finally noticed she had Dom had entered the cave itself, and the girl reached onto her back and grabbed her Scythe, casually spinning it around before resting the shaft of the weapon on her shoulders, her arms hanging over the weapon. 

"Am i ready? Please, i'm always spoiling for a fight~" She said grinning a violent grin, how she just wanted to slice something up! Damn bringing up Rowan, making her all sentimental. She needed to get that out of her system, and some murder was a perfect way to do it. Domarus seemed to know the way, so Embers simply opted to follow him. While roaming around the cave and trying to find more stuff to murder could work, there was every chance they ran into something that was dangerous, although...with Domarus, was there anything they couldn't murder?

She glared at him as Domarus mentioned Rowan once again, and a annoyed his comes out of her throat "I'll be fine dammit, just, thinking of that damn bird is making me distracted" She protested against him. And it wasn't far from the truth, thinking about Rowan was indeed distracting her. Reminding her of everything she was missing out on trapped in this game. 

@Domarus

If Embers didn't want him to see her smile, she had failed.  He had noticed it, and he had a feeling that if he helped her get 'Rowan', she'd feel some amount of debt to him.  It would definitely be a good way to get things weighed in his favor for certain.  And he always took every opportunity to get the edge.  He watched and listened as Embers snapped back into focus and and mentioned how she was always eager for a fight.  A desire to fight could be useful if harnessed and used correctly.  He doubted she actually had much self control, but perhaps he could change that soon enough.  In the end he nodded to her and began to walk into the darkness of the cave.  

"Well then.  Let's get your blade wet shall we?  Unfortunately the only challenge they will be is that they have evasive abilities due to the darkness in here.  As far as mitigation and health goes they aren't strong at all.  Damage included."  He heard her speak in a rather annoyed tone, mentioning how she was distracted due to her thinking of her pet.  He grinned under his helmet, understanding why Keres loves toying with other's emotions.  Of course he was doing so in a way that was looked at as an innocent comment or observation, not a weapon.

"Well unfortunately the giant bats will be the only flying creatures here."  They were getting close he knew.  The system didn't create this giant labyrinth, just a cave with no lighting.  They would soon reach the tiny cavern where the giant bats would be harassing the npc child.

@Embers

Rowan Rowan Rowan! Why was he constantly in her mind dammit! This one walk with Domarus was the most she ever thought about that bird, and it was somewhat pissing her off. Normally, he was a thought that plagued her and left her, but now, he was stuck with her. Was it because she was speaking about him? The red haired girl was unaware that Domarus was poking at her emotions for a response, one he would always receive. Embers had often lived her life with a heart on her sleeve, and trapped in SAO, she had no intention to live any differently.  

That's when they rounded the corner and, even in the dark, she spotted them. A pair of bats looming over a young child, a boy if she heard his cries correctly. She reached onto her back and pulled out her Scythe, and grinned darkly. Dressed in black armour, with a Scythe, she was death. She would kill anything that dared stand against her. The kid in trouble didn't bother her, idiot kid deserved his fate for being weak. "Well well, now it's time...Time to cut you open!" She charged forwards with no other plan than cutting them wide open. Against monsters like this, she didn't need a plan other than murder! 

She leap straight in, her Scythe lighting up as she swung at both the bats with a Sword Art. It was, almost amusingly, Domarus that had taught her this. When fighting, Sword Arts were an absolute must to deal the most amount of damage, and she managed to land her swing on both her targets. Naturally, the bats weren't too happy and both swung at her with claws. Ember smirked as, while their attacks did connect, she saw how little her hp bar moved. Ohhh, this was too one-sided, she'd feel bad if they were human....Wouldn't stop her from cutting them limb from bloody limb though!

Spoiler

Embers: 198/200 Hp | 10/10 Eng | 5 DMG | 1 ACC | 27 MIT | -1 ACC 

@Domarus: I got no idea your stats, sorry

Giant Bat 1: 40/50 HP | 20 DMG | H:1 Embers |

Giant Bat 2: 40/50 HP | 20 DMG | H:1 Embers |

ID:90440

BD: 6 <hit> Sword Art: Smash (AoE). 5(1X2)=10 Dmg

ID (Giant Bat 1): 90529

MD: 7 <Hit>

ID(giant bat 2):  90528

MD: 6 <hit>

Edited by Embers

Domarus spotted the flying bats, same as her.  He also saw the crying child.  He knew exactly what she was planning on doing so while she rushed at the bats, he'd walk over to the kid.  Without saying anything he took the kid, picked him up, and threw him over his shoulder.  The kid panicked, freaking out that he was being grabbed like this.  Nothing he did or said effected Domarus however.  He turned to see that Embers had dealt some damage to the bats. Now it was his turn.  Domarus activated charge and released the sword art Lumberjack against the two monsters.  The blasted creatures stood no chance, and one of them was even hit with a critical land.  Both of them shattered into shards that faded away.  The kid was freaking out more when he had charged suddenly.

"Kid get a grip your fine.  We killed the bats and we're taking you home."  The kid's crying and sobs slowed down to sniffles and he thanked them several times before Domarus tapped his leg, getting him to remain quiet.  He opened his inventory and pulled out two crystals that glowed brightly enough to light the way and handed one to Embers, holding one in his empty hand since he couldn't sheath his blade with the kid on his shoulder.

"Since we've finished the quest it will let us light up areas now.  Come on let's head out."

Spoiler
Spoiler

Level:  37

Health:  740/740

Energy:  74/74

Mitigation:  54

Accuracy:  3-4

Damage:  15-19

Damage over Time:  None

Counter Damage:  2 Tier 2 Thorns:  24 dmg

@Embers: 198/200 Hp | 10/10 Eng | 5 DMG | 1 ACC | 27 MIT | -1 ACC

Domarus:  739/740 Hp | 68/74 Eng | 15-19 | 3 ACC | 54 MIT | -1 ACC

15+4x3=57 dmg.
ID#  90663  BD:  6+3-1=8
ID#  90664  BD:  10

Both bats dead

Edited by Domarus

Embers shoudl have seen it coming, yet it still caught her just how much damage Domarus was able to dish out. She knew it was his higher level, and therefore, stronger Sword Arts. Nothing to do with him itself, but rather, the game, but watching him tear through both bats like they were mere paper. It was a drive, she would become that strong where nothing, nothing at all, stood between her and her goal. Still, so far, it was a success. The bats were wiped out, more Domarus than her, but eh. The kid was safe, and now all it was would be to return the idiot to his mother. The kid was lucky she was getting experience from this, otherwise it was on his own stupid head.

She looked at the glowing crystal, holding it up at the cave. Huh, having this during the fight, well, actually. It made no difference, she'd landed her attack and so had Domarus. She glanced at the kid, and thankfully, he was taking care of him. God she'd struggle to do that. 

"If you've got the kid, then lets get out of here and return him to his mother.." She muttered Kids yours Domarus, make sure he doesn't get lost again" 

@Domarus

Domarus carried the now quiet child through the cave while Embers climbed through the stoney path with him.  This quest wasn't that great of a quest, however it was a good source of experience.  All the quests were.  He would need to go through the quests again to see which ones he hadn't taken yet, and ensure that he reaps their rewards.  He was still nowhere near close to becoming tier three so he needed to kick things up a notch and get grinding.  Especially since Aereth, his somewhat inactive general, was very unreliable as of late.  He needed to change that and fast if this guild was going to work out.  He heard Embers mention how he's yours and to make sure he doesn't get lost ever again.  Domarus chuckled through the helmet.

"He's not going anywhere, anytime soon.  Isn't that right kid?"  The child was rather silent, though you could hear a whimper if you listened carefully.  Domarus continued to walk on, seeing the light reflecting off of the cave walls from the daylight.  That meant they were close now.

"What do you say we do after this?  Get a drink?  Fight some mobs?  Or we could try finding and tackling a quest that's actually useful to us.  This one wasn't really worth much our time other than the experience it gets you."  He was interested in what Embers chose to do with the rest of her time afterwards.  And whether or not she chose to train more or take a break and just have a drink.

@Embers

The exit to the cave, thank god. She'd rather the clear sky over her head than rocks, something about it made her feel as if she could fly...if she had the damn wings like Rowan. Cheating bird had what she wanted, the ability of total unquestionable freedom. It was Rowans best quality. Damn bird. She stretched out her arms as she threw a glance back at Domarus still carrying that damn brat for her, he'd live. Besides, she didn't need him for this quest so he was lucky she wanted him around. He could suffer some brat for a bit.

"After this...? I dunno, hadn't thought about it much. I would take a drink, but...well, booze does nothing here. Can't get drunk here, so what's the point?"

It was something that bothered her, a lot. Going out with friends and getting drunk, making bad decisions. God she missed it so much! And cursed whoever made this stupid game non-alcoholic. 

Domarus listened to her words, not even knowing the 'brat' existed as he hung quietly on his armored shoulder as they made their way back to the town.  She had mentioned how she would like to get a drink but since getting drunk wasn't possible in this world that wasn't an option for her.  Domarus chuckled, unable to resist due to the irony.

"I had trained my body to the point where I've become immune to alcohol.  Quite literally in fact.  However most of my friends drank on their days off so I'd join them.  You could say I've acquired a taste for Whiskey thanks to this."  He began heading to the town where they would drop of the kid and complete the quest.  He considered whether or not he should make the first step towards drawing her into his guild, but decided against it.  He'd probably do it when he was with another player, and slip the topic into conversation.  Indirectly drawing her interest and attention.  After that he would probably be reinforcing the idea of strength in numbers, especially when you could work together, in addition to strengthening her bond with him.  Once both were developed, he had nothing to fear.  She'd join regardless of what happened.  If she didn't, then he had lost his touch and would need to go back to the drawing board, which he did NOT want.

@Embers