Ressurection [F2-PP]

Two years.

Had it really already been that long since she had done anything? “Just about,” Lisa reminded herself as she shook her head. It’d been just over two years since Persephone had helped out on the floor twelve dungeon raid, and had gone into hiding. Although the woman had said she’d not fight again, she had managed to get out and do things here and there. Not big things, but enough to keep her alive and earn enough col to get herself a home in one of the safer areas of SAO.  And Lisa had lived there peacefully for a time until the day she saw that Lowenthal was gone. At first Persephone had thought nothing of it. After all she’d not seen the man in a long time so when his name fell off her friend’s list, she thought maybe she’d been removed. But over time, she had noticed other names had long disappeared… Dom… Zelrius… countless others. It was then she realized that they were dead, and she was still alive.

Lisa agonized over this for weeks and months feeling guilty. She knew she couldn’t have saved all of them, but had she continued to train, maybe just maybe she might have kept one or two people from their demise. It was then she decided she could no longer idly sit by. It was then she decided she neededto train again, and that’s when she got in contact with Mayuri. Mayuri was a sweet little thing Lisa had met through an acquaintance. It was this girl with the same values and aspirations that Lisa had left in possession of very valuable items. It was her hope that the young lady might return these things. It was a long shot, but Lisa was going to give it a try.

Persephone sat in a café in Urbus waiting for the buxom brunette. She knew Mai lived in the vicinity so she knew she would not have to wait very long to see the girl. Sipping a cup of tea, Lisa searched the passersby of the café window hoping to spot the girl when she came.

Edited by Persephone

It was no surprise to Mai when she got a message from Persephone. Even though the woman had been rather sure of her desire to avoid the fray, Mai deep down knew that no one could give up on the fight entirely. Not while they were alive and there was still so much to live for.  Even from day one, Mai had promised herself that if this day were to ever come, she would not hesitate to return what rightfully belonged to Persephone. Mai was grateful to the woman. It was her gifts that had kept she and Life alive all this time. The pretty brunette talked things over with her partner and made her intentions known to her love how things were going to go and Life agreed. He knew the decision was entirely hers anyhow so he didn’t put in much of a fight. With a gentle kiss, all was resolved and Mai made plans to once more meet a goddess.

Mai knew the café they were to meet quite well. She lived in Urbis after all so it was a place she often came to for a bite to eat when she and Life felt like going out. They had much free time now that they were living a quiet life, and they much enjoyed their leisure time together. She made her way into the café and spotted Persephone immediately. Giving the woman a wave, she came over and sat down across from the curly haired brunette.

“I knew we would meet again… “Mai said and smiled, “ How are you? You look…well… much better than last I saw you. “She admitted timidly.

Seph didn’t have to wait long. She spotted the pretty younger girl almost immediately as she came down the road and into the shop. Mai was smiling. It was good to see that she was still smiling after all this time. Lisa took it as a sign that all was well with the girl. “It’s good to see you too,” Lisa said and smiled as the young woman had come to join her.  Mai sat across from her and Lisa finally got a good look at her. She was a little taller than last they met, and she wasn’t like she was before. The girl she’d met was a bouncy bubble. The young woman that sat across from her now seemed calm and composed. Mai had grown up.

“I won’t keep you too long. I’m sure you and Life are busy. There is something I wanted to discuss with you though.  Thank you for coming. I was wondering...”

Edited by Persephone

“You were wondering about the Blood right?” Mai interrupted the Goddess.

“I figured,” Mai said and smiled. “But of course. I still have all your things you know. I figured one day you when you felt better you would message me and ask if you could get your things back. I told myself if you ever did, I’d of course meet you and return everything.”

Shay opened her inventory and began to scroll through everything as she continued to speak.

“I’ll be honest with you though. I didn’t use it as you intended. I never did make it to the boss raids. BUT I did help people with it. I would scour the lower floors for new players and use the blood to boost them through easier missions so they might level faster. I’ve done my best to keep it hidden. I didn’t want to die by poachers and lose your valuable possession. In fact, thank you. If you hadn’t loaned it to me, I wouldn’t have been to keep Life safe. “

Lisa relaxed into her seat as Mayuri understood what was going on before Lisa had said anything. The sweet girl carried on and explained she always knew the day would come and she was eagar to retrun the items.

“I confess that is exactly what I wanted.” She told Mai easily. “Thank you for making this simple. I mean I gave those things to you, so I was prepared to beg if need be and if begging didn’t work, I have a few items in my possession that might have been worth something to the pair of you. I’d have paid any price I could.” Lisa explained.

It seemed that Mai would hear none of it though as the girl scrolled her inventory and carried on. So she hadn’t made it to the front. Lisa wasn’t mad about that. Mai had after all, taken it upon herself to help late starters grow in level. “I’m just glad it could be of service to you and others. I promise you, I’ll do the same as I continue to level too. I think you and I are of like mind when it comes to getting as many people home as we can. Life mentioned that to me once about you. It’s why I chose you to be my advocate to begin with.”

Shay giggled. She had never thought of herself as a champion of others. She merely just did what she thought was right.

“I’m just glad I could be of service.” Mai said as she began to click on random things in her inventory. Although she was given these items years ago, the girl remembered everything the older’s woman’s trade entailed.

“I was surprised actually, when you chose me. I’m sure Life talked me up plenty. If he were the type to be prone to exaggeration I’d have told you as much myself, but he is as honest as they come, so I must be alright.” Shay said with a laugh. “And you owe me no explanation as to what your plans are. But I am glad you will continue on with what you had decided to when we first met. I’ll be rooting for you… just from the safety of my home.” Mai grinned.

Lisa eased back into her seat. Things were going well. All kinds of ideas flowed through the woman’s mind. The woman was quite excited. She was going to fight again, and quest and be helpful. She was going to get home and felt like she’d accomplished something in her time away. It would all be good.

“But what will you do?” Lisa asked Mai as she tiled her head to the side. “What have you been doing? Is Life doing well?” She asked these little questions as means of small talk. It’d been awhile since she socialized and she was curious as to how things were for them.

“We have been having fun. Life is very well.” Mai replied with a smile. She didn’t want to explain what was going on, she only wanted to focus on the positive, and that was she and Life were happy. That was all anyone needed to know.

“I think this is everything,” Mai said as she hit the trade button.

Spoiler

Mai has sent the following items:

+5 Green Tea

+4  Health Crystals (+15)

+4 Healing Crystals (+20)

+3 Mass Healing Crystals (+15)

+1 Antidote Crystal

+2,625 Col

Light Reaver (+2 PARA/ +1 DMG)

Blood of Champions (+2 DMG/+2 Overhealth)

Edited by Mayuri

“Say no more,” Lisa said. With Mayuri’s short answer she felt it was best not to pry into the couples personal life. She was just glad that they were alive and well. Nothing else mattered after that.

A screen popped up on her display and she opened Mayuri’s trade. Everything was still there as she had given it to the girl, even the money. “Wow, thank you!” Lisa said as she opened up her trade box. “ I don’t want you to be without weapon, so I’ve got something for you. “Lisa clicked on her Reaver and sent it back for trade.

Spoiler

Persephone received the following items:

+5 Green Tea

+1 Antidote Crystal

+2,625 Col

Persephone has sent the following items:

Reaver (+2 PARA)

Opening the trade Mai smiled. “Reaver huh… I like it already. I know I’m cutting things short and all, but I think that’s everything.” She accepted the trade. “Life is waiting for me so I’m going to go. Please take care of yourself Persephone, and good luck to you. I hope you make it back home. Now if you excuse me, I must run. Bye and thank you again. For everything.”

Getting up from the table, Mai eagerly bounced away. Things were going to be different now, but in a good way.

Mayuri exits stage right.

Before Lisa could ask the girl to lunch, Mai ran away. She didn’t blame her, even if she hadn’t been adventuring anymore, it must have been hard for Mayuri to pause like Persephone had. But Mai had life, and they were happy, so lisa knew they’d be okay. Opening her inventory Lisa looked over everything once more before getting up and leaving the café. She was ready and she wasn’t going to waste one moment just sitting around.

Lisa exits stage left.

RP Complete No Reward earned

Persephone received the following items:

+5 Green Tea

+1 Antidote Crystal

+2,625 Col

Mai received the following item:

Reaver (+2 PARA)