[PP-F3] Picking Up the Pieces

She gave a small nod, making a mental note to check in with her friends and guildmates once she had some time to recover from the day's events. He elicited another giggle from the woman with his teasing about keeping her busy. She scooted herself a few inches closer to the man, leaning over until her temple pressed against his shoulder.

A few moments later, and Telrenya straightened up again slightly as Jomei placed something in her empty palm. She looked down, spotted the single key with a look of curiosity before it clicked into place with his explanation. She stared at the item for a few seconds before looking back up to Jomei's face with wide eyes. Her cheeks held their own shade of pink, and for a split second she had opened her mouth to form some sort of rebuttal--to say that she couldn't possibly keep it, or to ask if he was really okay with her having it. But before any sound could escape from her throat, she was overcome with another shy laugh, realizing that the new state of their relationship no longer called for such doubt. And so she laughed at her own reaction, gently curling her fingers around the item and meeting Jomei's eyes with a grin. "Thank you... I'd love to." As her free hand took hold of his once more, she dropped her gaze to watch her thumb lightly pass over his knuckles. For some reason, her gaze shied away from his, and she felt the need to work herself up to her next words. "I'll be waiting for you, okay?"

Jomei watched as Telrenya's fingers curled around the key, half expecting her to decline his offer to stay in his home while he was gone. Olive orbs ascended to look into Telrenya's eyes as she accepted his invitation, her cheeks turning red as they always did. The man smiled brightly, happy that she would be staying there during his leave.  Her other hand took Jomei's once again, gently caressing the back of his hand with her thumb. Her eyes failed to meet his, and seemed troubled to tell Jomei that she will be waiting for him. Jomei placed the tips of his fingers on Telrenya's cheek, guiding her face until her their eyes met, the Irishman's looking quite determined. "And I will come back to you, Estelle. I promise." Jomei released his hand from her face, as his features lightened with a smile. "Besides.. the raid party isn't gathering for another week, so still have time to be together." Jomei turned his attention forward before raising himself up from the wooden bench. He turned his body to look down at Telrenya, his right arm extended to the girl, looking to help her to her feet. "Come on, lets go get our mind off this boss fight.. maybe dinner?" he said with a smirk.