[PP-F1] Finaly getting out of the Town of Begginings [The First Few Lessons Are Free>]

I walked out of the Inn I was staying for the night. The sun shone bright in my eyes and it was warm. I looked at my dagger and thought to myself:"Today is the day I finally am going to leave the town of beginnings and start my journey." Then I bolted out of the doorway and excited ran to the main square looking for some quest. The main square was bussing with people - both players and non player characters were either selling something or chatting with others. There was an old man that caught my attention- his name was Zackariah. I had heard from other players that you should start with the quest that he gave. As I got closer to him I noticed a female player standing there and talking to the NPC. Her name was Illia. I glanced in her direction and started slowly walking in her direction. 

Spoiler
  • HP: 20
  • EN:2
  • DMG: 2
  • MIT:
  • ACC: 
  • EVA: 1

Edited by Taka

Illia glanced over the crowd now wincing from the thought of all this there were so many missions to do though she wandered over to the deal now noticing a strange individual. The NPC's workshop was a little bit ahead of them now glancing up to the new individuals who were joining the fray. Her eyes now glancing over across the world as she bit her lip. It was her first planned mission alone and here was another player who was behind the NPC she rubbed her head to ask.

"I must admit I wasn't expecting to work with anyone but now that you are here we should start working on finding the materials right? I didn't know exactly what we should be doing other then collecting some potion materials I believe we both will need ten total and he will be teaching us the use of crafting tools for our own good. My name is Illia and it's a pleasure to work with you if you can help finish this quest properly? First we have to head to the forest."

"Oh, Hy. So you will be helping me? Thank god, to be honest, I really don't know anything here. It will be my first time outside the town. " 

I stared down looking a bit embarrassed and uneasy. Somehow all the enthusiasm from before had disappeared and doubt had snuck in. I stood there for a while saying nothing, but then Illia punched me telling to get going. I felt very strange exiting the big outer wall of the town. It had been a safe place, and a prison at the same time and I had gotten used to that safety. I took a deep breath, told myself all will be ok and stepped out. That's when for the first time I saw the fields and lakes of Aincrad. It was beautiful. Something out of a fairytale, green fields, dark forests, crystal clear rivers. Slowly I walked towards the forest while Illia looked at me with a look that told me "move faster". 

Edited by Taka

The girl blinked, it was odd that they would seek that players would need assistance so badly that they would be seeking this apprenticeship under NPC's. The redhead sighed after the punch to her companions arm now wandering forward and shaking her hand forward. She knew a few good places outside of town, though it wasn't going to be safe if she had to worry about protecting Taka as well. Her hand reached down to her rapier's handle only to grip the new weapon she had crafted she wanted to seek fights but this mission usually promised to be safe for the newbies as if it was simply a tutorial built in by the cardinal direction. Stretching out she then glanced back to speak up to her companion.

"Pick up the pace we have to start finding some material's I do hope you know the basics of searching for materials in the environment. First lesson keep your eyes peeled and seek anything useful."

The girl looked over the wilderness as they made there way out of the town of beginning and into the woods.

ID: 90073 LD: 18 1/5 Material

Edited by Illia

ID# 90074     LD: 16     1/5 Materials"

"So I know that you may think that I'm pathetic or weak, but you know, the reason why I didn't leave Town of beginnings wasn't that I was afraid. It was because I hadn't accepted this as my new reality." I said while searching the bushes trying to find some materials I needed "And I'm really glad I got to meet you. I promise I won't hold you down. At least not as much as you might think." 

But still, even after these words, I felt something twist in my stomach. Yes, Aincrad really was my new reality and I needed to be strong to survive and not to hold my new found friend back. I smelled something strong coming from the bush behind me. When I turned around and looked through it I found some medicinal herbs. I proudly showed them to Illia, who seemed dazzled by my speech earlier. She quickly recovered and gave me one of her smirks. 

Edited by Taka

Illia wandered forward rather confused at this new guy, perhaps he didn't have any plans and now was going to follow her about like puppy. She wasn't sure she was ready to adopt anything, let alone a newbie who was seeking assistance through this. The hand upon her rapier stayed at it's mark now glancing backwards as she noticed he seemed to be having a little luck finding the supplies. A slight roll of her eyes as she now grumbled from this it was odd that they wanted to work with herself, she decided it was best to keep her mind busy and off the subject simply offering a gentle smile now raising her hand with a thumbs up to her acquaintance.

"Good job, all you have to do now is keep up the good work else you will not be able to keep yourself well equipped in this world like I have."

Illia would gesture to her new outfit, a red shining ruby apple and of course her rapier that she was still holding onto.

"Just make sure to not die t his time."

ID: 90075 LD: 11 2/5 Material's (usually it's a 15 or higher but this quest made these mats 11 or higher)

Edited by Illia

ID#90076 LD:2 1/5 materials

I searched one more round shaped bush but with no luck. I sighed and went to sit under a big oak tree. The sun shone on my face trough trees thick leafage. It was surprisingly peacefull and nice here. Somehow I could even forget that this was a death game created by some lunatic Kayaba or whatever his name was. Even the real world had problems, even in the real world, you could die suddenly without warning. Maybe it's even better her when we know the wager. This world started to resemble a place where you could live. How could have I missed it in the walls of the town? And how many other players are there depressed about this, locked into cities by their fear. That moment I decided that this world is also worth living. I jamp up an cheerfully asked:

"Hey, Illia, what do you think about Aincrad?Do you think we will ever beat this game? "

Edited by Taka

This quest already was odd, her eyes now glancing back toward the man once more who seemed to not be having luck with this. A hand reached down brushing a few leaves out of the area frowning as it didn't seem like the materials were about this section of the forest anymore. A hand stretched down to grip the rapier again as she would pull it out from the scabbard glancing back and lifting it up as he asked the question. What did she think about this horrid death game, perhaps she just was angry still at the man who had pushed her buttons pushing her to this point where she wanted a form of vengeance upon him. Her green glossy eyes now staring toward the two nervously.

"Don't worry about what other people think, after all this is our prison which we were pushed into as this is our life to live out or die by our own skill and calculations so why don't you focus on that idea. So, I suggest we find you some armor and weapons next time we decide to search else if a boar showed up you could get yourself killed."

ID: 90077 LD: 3 2/5 material

Edited by Illia

ID#90078 LD:12 1/5 materials.

A boar? Are you kidding me? I'm sure that even I myself could take down something like that. We should be worried about mantises or lizardmen, but they arent on floor 1." I said while already  regretting my words. It was so out of character for me. Sure it was the truth- I knew, I had done some investigating and information gathering, but saying it to someones face like this, no. For a few minutes, we walked silently. The road was narrow so we walked in a line. That didn't help to break the silence. The redhair looked surprised, startled and a bit offended. I looked in some bushes and on some trees looking for some items to forget about what happened but no luck both with items AND forgeting. Finally, I decided to break the silence: "Sorry, I didn't mean to be so blunt. If we meet any monsters I'm sure we together can take it down, as a team. Peace?"

Edited by Taka

As she stood there listening she shook her head, the world was strange though she had to admit she didn't know what was with this one. He was discussing the concept of fighting off monsters that weren't in this area. Let alone those were fare more devastating then the rest as she now now cracked her fingers for a brief period of time. She had a few questions for this little one now standing shocked at his own words. He didn't seem like the type to defend himself no matter what foe hew was now facing off against. Her hand stretched out offering it to him as she nodded.

"I suppose we could have a little bit of peace but only have you convince me that you are capable of fighting so how about you try and fight a simple boar the next time we are out not on a mission to make sure you know how to handle that weapon of yours."

The female now sighed before staring back toward the forest hoping to complete the mission by finding the last of her few mats. Grumbled her luck was running about as dry as Taka.

ID: 90081 LD: 9

Edited by Illia

ID#90083 LD: 13 Materials 1/5

As I sighted relieved that Illia had started trusting me more I also grew more and more frustrated about that the more I looked for those materials the less showed up. It was as if Cardinal was laughing at me, taunting me. For the first time in SAO, I really felt like I wanted to fight, fight and win.  I wasn't sure I could do that, but it would be a hell of a lot interesting than looking for these inexistent materials. I drew my dagger and angerly started cutting in the air. Illia stood there saying nothing, but her faint smile said that she approved of my thoughts. Then I wanted nothing more than finishing this quest and going out to make a word for myself and prove myself to everyone. Even if I couldn't do that, I could still try.

"Is this really the only forest on Foor 1? There must be a better place to look for these materials."

Edited by Taka

The girl sighed, a brief nod of the head to agree with the young male accompanying her thus far. This location seemed to be quite scarce of materials perhaps they just arrived after the others had come through. It meant they would either have to wait around for them to spawn in or continue forward. The redhead glance further into the woods that she knew was a bit more dangerous, before nodding in agreement.

"Right if you want to be stronger then you have to take a few risks while you are out adventuring which means going to possible mob spawns. We shouldn't really have to worry if we go a bit deeper as we are in one of the safest parts of floor one thanks to the cardinal systems idea of fairness. Just pray we don't run into a heard of boars. I can only kill so many of them at a time."

With her rapier she sadly had no AOE abilities it means she was a grand duelist but poor against mobs.

ID: 90085 LD:10 2/5 Material

Edited by Illia

ID#90105 LD: 19 2/5 materials 

"But  together we might have better luck fighting them off.  I'll go bit ahead.  You check the other side.  We might have better luck by splitting up.  Call me if you find anything. " 

I ran a bit dealer into the forest leaving Illia behind still a bit confused about what had happened. I stopped when I saw a glade surrounded by big trees.  A lot of gras grew there,  so I knew I will find what I need here. I looked around for a while and found some glowing herbs who resembled a small thistle.  As I picked it up the item description sprung up: Glade medicinal thistle , Tier 1 material. I sighted satisfied with my loot -  finally my luck had returned. I turned around and called Illia. "How are you doing? Have you found anything useful? I found some materials in a glade." By her tone I figured she hadn't had any luck by herself. 

Edited by Taka

Illia's body shivered despite the fact that the nearby meadow and trees would have help broke some of the wind that was passing over them her hair blowing to the side as she now blinked. Her rapier still on hand as she unsheathed it stabbing into some leaves that were upon the ground gently lifting up a few she skewered now brushing them off seeing that she hadn't found anything new. It was quite tedious to keep up this search while there were only the two of them now grumbling this was quite hopeless even with the buff that the starting mission offered she was having more trouble then one should have had especially after doing her earn a living thread. Illia continued to stroll off after Taka suggested they split up an eyes still focused upon his direction as she wasn't entirely convinced he knew what he was doing yet.

"I fear for that one, he doesn't seem like the type who would be willing to kill for his own survival so much as another."

ID: 90107 LD: 2 2/5 Material

Edited by Illia

ID# 90128 LD:9 2/5 Materials

As I continued to search for materials I noticed that far in the forest there was a pack of boars coming my way.their red eyes would glow in the light of twilight.  I already had unsheathed my dagger, when I stopped and analyzed the situation. I decided that best for the situation was to leave and before they could see me I snuck away into the forest. As I walked tru small trail the sun continues going down until only small semicircle floated on horizon. I hadn't noticed we had been here all day and to remind me that my stomach started to grovel. After thinking a bit I sent a message to Illia "Hey, there is a pack of monsters, boars to be exact, up ahead and they are coming our way. Pluss the night is falling. I think it's better we call it a day, get some rest and continue tomorrow. "

Edited by Taka

Illia frowned, the day kept passing them by with fewer and fewer materials to be found. How was this possible that they had higher chances to find materials and they were still wasting away the day. Illia's eyes gazed up through the darkness that was descending upon them as she heard a comment form the one she traveled with. Monsters were up ahead, though she didn't really care about that she was willing to prove he worth if there wasn't a large amount of them. Besides they both hadn't even passed the halfway marker for the quest and she didn't want to wast multiple days upon what should have been a single outing as she thought they would have gotten outside of the town quicker, she didn't account for a second player who would slow down their movement.

"Are you really scared of a few boars, besides we can keep looking for materials on the way back to the Town of Beginnings. I will cover our back on the way home but I'm not going back home empty handed I want to be ready to complete this quest with the master alchemist when we get back. How about you?"

ID: 90129 LD:7 2/5 Material

Edited by Illia

ID# 90130 LD:18 3/5 materials.

"Ok, but we need to be careful. Our vision will be reduced in the night, but yeah we can continue looking on our way back. Let's meet up at the tree where I was resting."  I quickly wrote an answer and started moving.

As the light dimmed and the shadows grew I carefully, hiding walked through the forest. I left the trails because I thought that game would spawn monsters on them more. I kept my eye open not only for unseen danger but also for those obnoxious materials.

There is only that much I can take and this is the line, I thought to myself, good game balance, good joke. As I finished the last thought I saw a mushroom in front of me as I picked it up my menu jumped out with a message +1 material. "Finally" I shouted out, quickly after that realizing that it could have been a fatal mistake. 

Edited by Taka

Illia sighed with relief, it sounded like her companion was willing to stick it out just a bit longer after all this game was based upon random number generation thus they couldn't have been completely unlucky all the time. Her eyes now glancing down as she noticed some mushrooms that were growing not to far away from his batch. These would do quite well for food or potions depending upon what type of goods were needed for this mission. It was off the trail with him as she didn't want to feel responsible for leaving a newbie out in the middle of the woods at night and getting himself killed. She didn't let herself be seen though as he seemed to enjoy being around one another when it was safer against the packs that could spawn.

"I would advise against leaving me alone after all girls aren't meant to be left alone by chivalrous knight am I right? Even if they have equipment they are still as vulnerable as any old player when it comes to the greed of pker's."

ID: 90131 LD:14 3/5 Material

Edited by Illia

ID# 90133 LD:18 4/5 Materials

"Shure lets keep together,"  I said with a smirk smile coming out of woods behind her "that's the reason why we are a party. Isn't it?". 

Slowly, but steadily we walked towards the Town of Beginnings. In the distance, we could already see the grand walls and bright lights. As darkness became thicker some mushrooms started having glowing lights with a bit weird and ominous glow hovering around them. It was a bit scary, however about each third of these glowing shrooms was a material item, so I let it go through me. I guess it was some kind of lighting mechanism in Aincrad but I could be wrong. Every sound got intensified by the darkness, I could hear the dire wolf howling in direction of Talbana. They were far away, but I couldn't stop feeling uneasy after Illia had stated it so correctly- PKers really was a big treat for everyone in Aincrad. And what made it worse was that it wasn't even Cardinals or Kaiabas fault.

Edited by Taka

She glanced back toward the man who smiled once again at her now sneaking up from behind, her rapier still at her side as she had been partially re-sheathed before nodding. It was good that he had decided it was a wise decision to stick with her as she knew the starting gear left a few weakness among the new players. As she stepped forward she found some Moonbow herbs that were used for brewing and best found while at night as they tended to glow in the bask of the moon. Another material added to her collection as she sighed with relief. Only one more left to got it seemed for both of them to finish which meant they would be able to call it a night and look for rooms to house their weary heads.

"Jump to it we will double time it on our way back home and hope that there are some supplies just outside the walls else we will start risking out necks to a pack of wolves."

A howl burst out from behind them as she now cringed wishing that she hadn't just jinxed themselves her eyes shot back to see a few hungry pairs of eyes a bit deeper into the woods. She reached her hand out and grabbed his as she now began to sprint off bringing him alone, there was no reason to waist time the wolves would follow if they didn't put some distance between them.

ID: 90136 LD: 16 4/5 Material

Edited by Illia