[PP-F3] <<Worn out Welcome>> (Hestia)

"Teleport, Delilah."

For a few seconds, the first floor's teleport plaza seemed to fade into white. The noise also faded away into nothing, leaving her with a few moments of complete silence. Then it was quickly replaced by the unfamiliar environment of Floor 3's main settlement. Disoriented, Rinne stumbled away from the third floor's teleport gate, almost bumping into a few players, and blinked a few times in order to regain her bearings. Teleporting didn't bode well with her, especially since she frequently had motion sickness back in the real world. 

Rinne made her way to nearby bench and sat down. The third floor's main settlement, Delilah, had a more homey feeling than the first floor's Town of Beginnings. Maybe it had something to do with the town being less cramped. The buildings, all of which were generally small in size and were fashioned like old medieval style houses, were placed a notable distance away from each other. Greenery decorated the sides of the roads (made out of cobblestone?), and different-colored flowering plants were abundant. Maybe, if I save up enough money, I could buy a settlement on this floor, thought the young woman with a small smile on her face.

She spent a few minutes watching a group of players standing next to the teleport gate pat each other's backs with wide grins on their faces, presumably because they finished some sort of dangerous quest, before stepping into the gate one by one. Only when the last player disappeared, did the female player remember why she came here in the first place. "Right, back to business," she mumbled to herself. She stood and brought up her map, her gaze resting on a certain unaccepted quest marker.

Spoiler

Current Stats

Level 1
20 HP
2 Energy
4 Damage
2 Accuracy

Equipped

• Starter Assault Spear (+2 ACC)
  •  Starter Light Armor (vanity, no enhancements)

Battle Ready Inventory

• 3 Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Skills

• 2H Assault Spear [Rank 1] -- +3 DMG, Access to Rank 1 Sword Arts

Known Sword Arts

Spoiler

2H Assault Spear

Rank 1

• [x1 AoE] Sonic Charge (2 Energy) - A forward thrust which explodes energy at the end of the move.
  • [x2 Stun] Twin Thrust (5 Energy) - A pair of quick thrusts aimed at the user's knees to immobilize them.
  • [x2] Heft (2 Energy) - Lift the heavy end of the spear diagonally across your opponent from the ground, cutting their torso with the tip.

OOC: @Hestia, sorry it took so long!

Spoiler

Level: 19

HP: 380      Energy: 38

+2 damage

2 base damage

35 mitigation

+14 thorns

+2 paralyze

+1 Taunt

+1 recovery  (+1 energy on a CD roll of 6+)

Equipped items:

Revial: (damagex2, Paralyzex1) ( one handed curved sword)

Ruby Armor: (thorns x2, Recoveryx1) (heavy armor)

Twilight Shadow: (paralyzex2, tauntx1)

Kuro: (27 mitigation) (tier 1 protection familiar)

Skills:

Rank 2 curved Sword. (+2 damage)

Rank 1 combat aid: heals 4% per rank of a party member's health (rounded down)    Energy cost: 5% of healing done (rounded down

Howl: Active Post command.  Energy Cost: 10     Effect: Adds +3 Hate each against up to 4 targets.

Rank 1 Heavy armor: +8 mitigation

Extra Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 1:

Survivalist Rank 1: passive Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 20 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.

Protector familiar: Rank 1 +27 mitigation

Battle Inventory:

Matriarch's stinger- +1 damage for one battle.

Tier one over-health potion- (+50 Temp HP)

3 tier one health potion- (+40 for each)

I smile as i look around the time of Delilah. Walking alongside my familiar as i watch all the NPCs and players walk around with my green colored eyes. I look around at all the little buildings as i smile loving that this town seems to have this small town feel to it. Making this place definitely feel homey to me since i was raised in a nice small town. Big cities being a bit to much for me so being out of the town of beginnings is always better in my eyes. As i walk along the cobblestone roads i smile as i'm glad today is my third floor run to check to see if players need any help. I quickly look towards the sun and nods my head seeing that it seems to be at least not to far past noon or approaching it. Not really checking the hud's time since i wish to enjoy this world and try to ignore all the little help that could give. Only really relying on it when it is necessary like combat, or crafting. Besides those things just enjoying the world for what it can be, and feeling glad that i have learned to do so. To take in all the little details and bask in the beauty that this world provides to the players.

My familiar a lion the size of a large dog whose fur is as white as snow. He nudges my right leg as he flaps his black as night wings and as he looks towards me as i nod my head and looks towards the teleport gate and i see a player standing near it. I grin as i walk over to the female player that i can see with a smile on my face. Excuse me miss. Do you need any help with a quest on this floor? I ask in a gentle kind tone as i smile. My name is Hestia a level 19 player whose build is that of a tank. I go around these first four floors to check to see if anybody needs help. I say soon after my question to answer any possible questions why i came up to talk, and to introduce myself and how i could help if any. My current attire being that of a simple black shirt and long black pants. Wearing simple vanity clothing with no weapons or armor on.

Rinne gave the taller girl, who had just introduced herself as Hestia, a quick once-over. The dark-haired girl gave her the impression of a person who was never seen without a gentle smile and knew the quote "We are as strong as our weakest link," all too well. At first, she wasn't interested in taking up the other girl's offer, but once she heard the words 'level 19' and 'tank,' she reconsidered. To be honest, she wanted alone-time (as if she hadn't gotten enough of that already) instead of tagging along with a high-leveled player who really should be spending her time helping progress the clearers. Or leveling herself up so she could reach the clearers' levels. Both can work. The blue-haired girl almost let out a tired sigh. What a softhearted person. But she supposed the other girl could provide some extra insurance on her quest. Even with her skill and experience in MMORPGs such as this, she wasn't all too sure that she could face the quest mob by herself due to her low level. Besides, Hestia didn't look like she was in on this for EXP.

She dismissed the map and nodded to the other girl in acknowledgement. "My name's Rinne. Level 1, and aiming for a DPS build," she said in a tone that Hestia could only interpret as cold and clipped. She didn't have the same warm smile as Hestia did, but she tried her best to make herself look appreciative. The tank did offer to help her, after all. "Thanks for the offer. I was actually wondering if you could accompany me on a simple...Ah!" Her eyes had strayed down to the familiar standing at Hestia's side, and she couldn't help but let out a gasp of surprise. It was a black lion with white wings, the size of a big dog. Out of all the pets she could choose... She cautiously took a step back. I know I can't feel pain if it bites me, but it still looks a bit scary. She cleared her throat to hide her embarrassment. "I was actually wondering if you could accompany me on a simple beginner's quest called <<Worn out Welcome>>. You don't need to deal damage or anything, I just need you to take the hits while I attack the quest mob." At that point, she paused and looked at Hestia. "I mean, you have the <<Howl>> skill, right? Pretty sure most tanks do."

Ohh DPS been seeing that a lot. i say with a smile on my face as i nod my head. of course i would be fine with accompanying you Rinne. I say happily and follows your line of sight when you head that slight moment of surprise. I see you looking towards my familiar Kuro who is just looking around rather lazily with not that much interest till he hears your gasp. The familiar turns his head towards you and tilts it to the side for a moment before nodding his head and lays down to relax. Seems like he trusts you Rinne if he isn't trying to keep an eye on you at all times. I say rather happily as i look towards this player with blue hair and i can only just add that to the list of girls i have seen with unique colored hair in this game. If you are ever worried about Kuro please don't be he is just a big softy and actually likes people as long as they treat others kindly. I say in a gentle kind tone trying to convey that Kuro isn't something to fear at all. Kuro just doesn't seem to react to that just enjoying lazing in the sun at the moment.

Worn Out Welcome. Oh yeah that quest that starts you at that blacksmith's house and you kill a dark elf to get some enhanced armor. I say with a nod of my head understanding why you would wish to do that rather early. Yes i do have Howl Rinne, and don't worry i won't attack the dark elf with my blade if you wish for that to be the case. Just know it might just kill itself instead then since i do have thorns on my armor. I do tell you with a small grin on my face.

People who treat others kindly, huh? Rinne wasn't sure if she met that criterion. As if it sensed her gaze, the black lion thing looked up at her lazily. For a few moments, she expected it to sense some sort of evil intent she didn't know she had and jump her in the middle of the plaza. But the familiar, Kuro, averted its gaze with a yawn and continued relaxing under the sun without paying much attention to her. Remember Rinne, even if it bites you, you won't feel any pain from it, she reminded herself. She gave the familiar another cautious look before shifting her focus to Hestia.

"That's good," she said. "Even though you're tanking, I wanted to deal most of the damage. So I could get a feel for the combat system and all that. It'll my first time engaging in combat, you see." Then she looked at Hestia in the eye, the other girl had round blue eyes that somehow looked warm despite the color, and almost smirked competitively. There was no way she was gonna be beat by armor enhancements. "Also, don't worry about the thorn damage. I have two accuracy enhancements on my weapon, so I'm pretty confident I can land a hit before it kills itself."

Having said all of that, she re-opened her map and tapped a few buttons on the map settings that allowed for only the unaccepted quest marker of <<Worn out Welcome>> to be shown on the map. She turned to Hestia and nodded. "Alright, I think we've spent enough time talking. Let's get to business." She then faced the direction of the quest marker and started walking, expecting Hestia to follow.

Edited by Rinne

I see you eye my familiar once more as i just nod my head to that figuring that something must've happened in the past to elicit such a reaction from this girl. Most likely in my mind is that the girl has some sort of fear of large canine animals with the cause possibly being that she was attacked by one when she was younger. I pet the head of my familiar who just relaxes even more to my simple petting of his head as he just enjoys it. Having gotten use to such interactions over my time of being partnered with him.

Well if you wish to try and land a hit before this enemy can you should get into combat with it yourself before you allow me to take the reigns of the fight since it will only take him one hit on my armor to be able to die from the thorns. The enemy has quite low health, but on the other hand if you have accuracy and can use your strongest sword art you might be able to return the  the favor for the hit against you before i have to get involved. I say to you with a smile on my face knowing these things to be true but i like the drive you have to do most of the work for your own quest. Reminding me of myself having always taken things on by myself, so seeing this drive makes me smile and also makes me wish to try and protect you long enough for your survival. I grin a bit at the thought of survival as i also think i could add this girl to my questing group if i can put the time into it. It would just take a bit for her to get to my partner's level since she is starting at one while my partner is at 8 or 9 and still growing stronger with each quest i take him on.

Hearing you wish to get down to business i nod my head with a smile as i walk the path that i know already to where the quest begins at. The blacksmith's shop within the town of Delilah who will mention he will craft the armor of the person's choosing if they can deal with a dark elf who has taken his material's which has stopped him from being able to craft the armor he could for the players of Aincrad.

"That sounds like a good plan," she responded, looking at the path straight ahead of her as they walked. "How about using <<Howl>> once I start taking damage? From the information I gathered about the quest mob, I can take one hit, I think. Two will land me in the red zone, and three would drop my HP to zero." And we all know what happens when HP drops down to zero. Rinne mentally shook the thought out of her head and continued walking. The blacksmith's shop was just a few more minutes away, and the two players decided to spend the time making small talk about the floor's environment and the mobs they could possibly encounter. They ran out of topics halfway through, and instead of attempting to start up another conversation, Rinne chose to remain silent.

Upon reaching the quest giver's shop, she gestured for Hestia and Kuro to stay outside. They would find more things to do out there while waiting. After three sharp knocks on the wooden door, the blue-haired player pushed the door open.

She was greeted by two NPCs. An old blacksmith with a sullen expression on his face and a woman, also dressed in blacksmith's garb, standing beside him. Unlike her husband(?) she looked at Rinne with a warm smile. "Are you here for a custom order?" asked the male NPC gruffly.

"Uh--"

Before she could respond, the female NPC's scripted dialogue interrupted her. "My name is Hanna and this is my husband Griswold. We work as armorsmiths and we take orders for no price. However, if you wish to order for something, you would have to find the materials required to make it. Having said all of that, are you interested in placing an order?"

A pop-up message appeared in front of Rinne, prompting her to accept or decline the quest. She tapped accept and before the NPCs could ask her about her preferences, she said: "I'd like to order light armor. Long black coat with a light blue trim along the sleeves." She wasn't sure if they would make it according to the design she stated, but it was worth a try. "Now, where do I find these materials?"

(OOC: I literally had this typed out hours ago. But when I clicked 'post', my browser decided it was the perfect moment to crash. Maybe I should've saved my reply in a Word document first. ;-;)

Well that is true you can take one hit but two might be risky since one good crit and two would be enough to end you Rinne. I tell you as we walk to the shop as i look around the town of Delilah trying to find something i have missed during other times i have walked along this road and this town but never saw. But trust me that was my plan after all any chance of possibly dying will be avoided at all costs while on my watch. I say with a cheerful smile as we walk towards the shop as i talk pleasantly with you for the duration of the walk. However, once their was a moment of silence it seemed like that was the point where you would chose to remain silent for the rest of the duration of our few minute walk towards the blacksmith's shop. You tell me to wait outside which i have no problems with as i remain outside with my familiar gently petting his head while sitting below one of the windows of the nice little shop.

I look up towards the sky as i wonder how other players are handling this new life of theirs. Can they handle the fact they will have to kill humanoid looking creatures? Do they have the will to do so by convincing themselves they are just part of a pre-designed program. Or would they fall sort and not be able to do it when it is necessary. To do the killing blow that will end that NPC enemy's virtual life that will allow the players to live another day.That was a small difficult part for me now that i think about it that i didn't consider in the heat of the moment. I didn't consider that NPC as something human just a bunch of ones and zeroes and a criminal that needed to be put down. I didn't think of his life like appearance or mannerisms that would fool anyone to thinking he was real if a person ever forget even for a moment they were inside a video game.

As you ask the couple where you can find said materials they say to you. Well young lady some elf keeps stealing all of our materials before running off into that wavering mist forest. We haven't had the chance to capture him. If you could get him for us that would be very much appreciated.

Slay a Dark Elf, huh...? The door to the shop swung closed as Rinne stepped outside. She looked to her right and saw Hestia sitting in front of the building's small windows, and gently petting her familiar with a faraway look on her face. And from the looks of it, Kuro was enjoying his owner's gentle pats in his own lazy way. "Kayaba really went overboard with the game's AI," she spoke as she neared Hestia, abruptly bringing the other girl out of her thoughts. "I expected familiars to be soulless husks that follow their tamers and attack once commanded to. But...your familiar, Kuro, almost seems to have one. A personality, I mean."

She opened her menu interface and sent her quest companion a party invite. "I'm all done. The places where the Dark Elves could spawn are highlighted in my map." Rinne informed Hestia. "The nearest one's...maybe around a six minute walk away." She closed her menu interface once she noticed Hestia's name appear underneath hers. 380 HP...that's a huge difference from mine. Which once again brought her to the question of why Hestia even bothered to help low-levels when she could be soloing most of the quests in the higher floors. Rinne supposed she could ask her that later. "Let's go?"

She turned and started walking in the direction of the nearest town exit, expecting the other girl to follow her. And of course, she kept her distance from the familiar. As friendly as it may seem, it would take her a lot of convincing to even try and pet it. The walk started off quiet again, and she was expecting it to remain that way before she looked at Hestia briefly and recalled the question she wanted to ask. "Hey, Hestia," she began, walking a bit closer to the tank. The other player would then look up and see Rinne looking at her with her usual deadpan expression. Rinne maintained eye contact for a few seconds, before looking away, admiring the purple flowers adorning the sidewalks. "Why do you help low-levels? You would seriously benefit more from doing quests and facing mobs your level."

I hear the door to the shop open snapping me out of my musings as i turn to face you with a smile on my face as i continue petting my familiar Kuro. As you mention you're a bit surprised by the AI's intellgienc and all that i just nod my head in understanding. A bit taken back upon first seeing and interacting with how the AI works in this. You then mention he has a personality as i nod my yes to that as i get up off the ground. Well Rinne stop thinking this as more of a game. While it is a game the features and interactions will always be lifelike since that is what this is meant to be. The NPCs you talk to the people you talk to and the creatures all have some sort of emotions and actual communication ability between them. The only difference is that when monsters feel fear they can't back away do to their programming. Our familiar do have emotions though and personalities. I mean you haven't even seen the strangest one yet in terms of personality. I have a friend who has a small dragon who is very energetic and is very fast. Fast enough to actually causes tsunamis when she is near water if that dragon wished. I say with a chuckle at remembering that little scene.

I just start following you as you start to head towards your quest location as Kuro lazily gets up and follows right behind. I look around at all the beautiful small flowers that are scattered along the ground making this town of Delilah a rather beautiful one. As i hear you say my name i look up and sees your usual expression as i just smile to show i am listening. Though i do find myself  curious why you always seem a bit aloof to things if your expression is anything to go off of. I smile a bit at the question having been asked this before but i am always happy to answer since i believe what i do is necessary. I help out the new players Rinne because if i don't whose to say others will. Are we the players who know how things work meant to just get stronger only? I say no to that we have a responsibility to try and help out players who are new to this game to help them get the jump start they need to try and survive this world. To help them in anyway possible. People say SAO is a game about looking out for yourself, but i say otherwise. The first rule of SAO should always be first and foremost working together to try and help each other get stronger, or to help others get stronger. So why shouldn't i help out low-leveled players then if it is my responsibility as a player and human to help in reducing the amounts of death?

Rinne didn't expect the tank to have a whole speech prepared in response. Perhaps many people have asked Hestia the same question already, or she was simply good at expressing herself. Either way, the girl seemed very passionate about what she was doing, and was able to provide a logically valid argument. Less deaths mean that there's a higher possibility of having more people at the frontlines. "So, you're one of those people who make decisions based on morals," she said. It was a simple comment with no malicious intent, but people would often take offense on how she worded it and on the monotonous tone she used.

She didn't see a point in asking any more questions, so she spent the rest of the walk in silence, though she responded to most of the questions Hestia would ask her. They stopped briefly at the town exit to equip their weapons and armor. The blue-haired player gave her assault spear an experimental twirl and sheathed it. Then she opened her map once again, confirmed the location of the quest mob and pointed at an area within their line of vision. "The quest mob should spawn over there," she said, starting to walk in the direction of the area. She looked over her shoulder at Hestia. "You should be the one asking me this but, are you ready?"

Edited by Rinne

I continue to walk alongside you as we near the town exit every second as i smile hoping that you are able to understand my points, and maybe possibly follow through and such ideas yourself. What's wrong with basing decisions on morals? I mean they allow you to make decisions that follow through on your own beliefs, and are able to stick with that decision no matter what since their is a personal stake in such things. That if you would fail then you are betraying yourself and your morals. I say to you not realizing you were just making a statement and not some accusatory statement. Not that use to the whole monotone voice and way you approach things.

As we arrive at the exit of town i watch you equip your armor as i equip mine also as a curved sword within a sheathe appears at my hip and armor of a silver colored metal and red cloth go over my body. In my left hand is a shield that has the sun and moon on it with the two sides having white and black lines going to meet at the middle that go into the others sides areas. I'm always ready Rinne, and i trust that people who take on quests are ready at any moment for the dangers that will be present to them. That they will understand the risks that come with leaving the peaceful, but honestly miserable life of staying in the town of beginnings always living in fear. I say to you. My familiar is just walking a bit ahead and lays under the shade of a tree as he watches us with a lazy and bored expression.

Hestia seemed offended by her previous statement on basing decisions on morals. Of course she was. The girl had chased after her, speaking quickly, and Rinne could sense that the tank was intent on changing her mind. Well, she didn't want to start a debate on beliefs, of all things, so she dropped the topic as abruptly as she had brought it up by staying silent instead of countering the other girl's argument.

They reached the area quickly, and the tense atmosphere waned. Hestia seemed to have forgiven her easily, though she felt that the righteous girl wouldn't let this attitude of Rinne's pass without attempting to 'fix' it. Upon reaching the area, she caught sight of one of the quest mobs, a Dark Elf. The two players went a little closer to get a better look. Exactly as advertised, the Dark Elf was...a normal elf, but it was wearing dark clothes and had a dark aura surrounding it. And it was carrying a bow on its back. Her eyes narrowed. How come they get to use bows? She turned to her quest partner. "Once I call to you, use <<Howl>> immediately, okay?" With all of that said, she gripped her spear in both hands and charged.

The mob looked up and saw her before she made her attack. This should still be good enough. She didn't slow down until she got close enough, planning to use her momentum to her advantage. Now directly in front of the Dark Elf that should still be too surprised to evade, Rinne lifted the heavy end of her spear, following through the sequence of her strongest Sword Art. But the elf proved itself to be nimble. Before she could even complete the sequence, it sidestepped, unsheathed a dagger (so the bow was just decorative), and slashed through her exposed back, taking off a huge chunk of her HP. Her eyes widened as she found herself unbalanced and with almost half the HP she had started with. Crap, stop panicking! Rinne blocked another one of the mob's attacks and aimed a kick at its chest, widening the distance between them momentarily. But she didn't have the Martial Arts skill, so it didn't do any damage and the elf was up and about to attack her again. Remembering the presence of her quest partner, she shifted her attention from the battle long enough to yell, "Hestia! Howl!"

Spoiler

ID: 90722 | BD:  2 + 2 = 4 (fail)  |  MD: 7 (success)

[H:0] Rinne: 11/20 | EN: 0/2
[H:0] Hestia: 380/380 | EN: 38/38

Dark Elf: 12/12 | DMG: 9

Edited by Rinne

As i don't hear a response from you from my questioning i just sigh softly figuring i should get use to this for now until you possibly either get use to my presence and personality to be willing to maybe be more talkative yourself. As we long along the path i spot the elf and see that it is wearing clothes fitting for a thief in all manners. Dark clothing to try and blend in with the darkness that rooms and nature casts to allow for people to stay away from sight. As you tell me to use my howl on command i chuckle a bit seeing that a position of leadership my be for you if you wish to command. I just nod my head not minding to take orders from someone who is lower leveled then i am. Not caring for levels just skill, and how someone can think things through. Not being that offended since if i did it would mean i had let this fake strength that levels can give get to my head. Something i would prefer never to happen to let this false strength that this game can give get to me.

As i see the attack happen and your health drop before you could even tell me to use howl i do so as i smack the end of my sword against my shield activating Howl. Come at me Elf if you think yourself strong enough. I say with a smile always loving to add a slight flair to me using Howl as the Elf turns to look at me as i have all of its hate now instead of you.

[H:0] Rinne: 11/20 | EN: 0/2
[H:4] Hestia: 380/380 | EN: 28/38

Dark Elf: 12/12 | DMG: 9

Once the tank <<Howled>>, the Dark Elf turned it's attention away from Rinne and started to prepare an attack. Sighing in relief, she paused to catch her breath for a moment. The quest mob's DMG stat...was higher that she expected. She was really grateful @Hestia had approached her back in the safe zone. If she didn't, Rinne would've been facing the mob alone and there would be no one to take the damage for her. She wouldn't have died, but she would have used up all of her Starter HP potions and retreated.

With the quest mob's back now turned to her, Rinne decided to grab the opportunity. This time, I won't miss! With both hands, she lifted the spear and chased after the elf. She didn't aim to attack its back. She wasn't going to have a repeat of last time. Instead, she ran alongside the elf (who still had all of its attention on the tank), and swept her spear underneath its feet, causing it to trip and effectively disabling it from attacking Hestia. Once the mob was on the ground, she pointed her spear downwards and mercilessly brought it down, impaling the elf against the ground. She saw its HP decrease and was expecting it to keep going down, before it stopped decreasing at a certain level. So that only counted as one hit?

Spoiler

ID: 90727 | BD:  7 + 2 = 9 (success)  |  MD: 4 (fail)

[H:1] Rinne: 11/20 | EN: 0/2
[H:4] Hestia: 380/380 | EN: 28/38

Dark Elf: 8/12 | DMG: 9

Edited by Rinne

I smile a bit as i see you move into attack i can already see the approach change as you learned what to do on how to attack this enemy. I smile a bit at that glad to see the ability to adapt and change how you fight in that. To be able to notice what works with you is always a important factor on how any fight should go if either opponents wish to try and leave alive. To not adapt is sentencing yourself to death no matter what a person would say otherwise. Nice Hit, keep it up! and don't worry i won't get involved in your fight only increase its hate to me if you start getting to close to actually having more then what i have. I inform you as i continue to watch alongside my familiar at my side just calmly watching the fight play out before us. Not wishing to get involved with a fight since you had asked me beforehand not to do so, so respecting your wishes i instead just stand and watch as this occurs. Letting myself trust that you can handle this as the fight progresses knowing you will be able to do so if you can land the sword art once your energy replenishes fully as it naturally does over time. Always right before the next time the person attacks. I watch as i am proven right as it ticks back to halfway.

CD: 8 (+1 energy do to recovery)  +1 energy do to natural recovery   energy gain: +2

[H:1] Rinne: 11/20 | EN: 0/2
[H:4] Hestia: 380/380 | EN: 30/38

Dark Elf: 8/12 | DMG: 9

Edited by Hestia

The blue-haired player pulled the spear up, and was just about to bring it downward again, when the elf rolled out of the way. It turned in Hestia's direction (the tank was standing maybe just a few feet away from the fight) and brandishing its dagger, charged towards the other girl in a zigzag pattern. Rinne smirked as she realized what it was trying to do. It had realized that it was in a tight situation with its HP drop and the fact that it was outnumbered, and was trying to land another attack on Hestia while avoiding another attack from the low-leveled player.

The player easily realized that it was zigzagging in a somewhat predictable manner. After watching for another second, she took off running with her spear in both hands. The Dark Elf would yelp in shock as it took a wrong turn and noticed the blue-haired player appearing at its left side. Rinne smiled and slashed at its torso with her spear. The elf let out a shriek of pain before stepping past the player and attempting to attack Hestia with its dagger. "Rest in peace!" the blue-haired player called out in an unusually playful tone.

The mob's attack landed, but Hestia's armor enhancement quickly dealt it the last blow. With one last enraged shriek, the elf seemingly burst into shards. The quest material drop went to Hestia, but the tank would trade it over to Rinne so she could complete her quest.

Spoiler

ID: 90734 | BD: 4 + 2 = 6 (success)  |  MD: 8 (success)

[H:2] Rinne: 11/20 | EN: 0/2
[H:4] Hestia: 379/380 | EN: 30/38

Dark Elf: 0/12 | DMG: 9 (killed by Hestia's thorn damage of 14)

OOC: @Hestia

Edited by Rinne

I watch as the elf zigzags over to me as i try to back away as much as i could to try and have this elf miss its attack. However, it seems that you were trying to take matters into your own hands by striking the elf with a strike to its side. I smile a bit at seeing the attack land reducing its health even more ever so close to death. The one moment of getting slightly distracted by your own personally victory had slowed me down by a little bit allowing the elf to move in and slice along my armor as the thorns activate piercing the hand that holds the dagger as the elf bursts into shards once more like every other enemy once it is defeated. I nod my head to the dark elf as i send over the quest items needed for her armor in the quest. Not needing them myself since they wouldn't benefit me in anyway possible.

So then Rinne how was your fight? Did you realize anything as the fight happened? Did you see yourself fighting differently as you progressed during the fight? I ask always curious how players react from their first actual fight, and if they noticed anything with themselves or how they attacked during the fight. Also i did warn you that my thorns would kill it if it hit me. Sorry for fighting the fight early when you were so close to defeating it yourself. I say apologetically to you.

It took Rinne a few moments to fully realize that the fight was over. Once she did, she jogged over to Hestia and received the quest materials. The friendly tank then inquired about the DPS player's first fight, which she dwelt upon for a few seconds. Now that she was out-of-combat, she was fully aware of how unusual she had acted during the fight. She remembered the sheer thrill and excitement rushing through her veins, the quick beating of her heart, how she had almost toyed around with the mob when she realized it was going to kill itself with Hestia's Thorns anyway, and the uncharacteristically playful smile she had worn. And now that the fight was over, she was back to her distant, expressionless self. She didn't mind smiling, but she didn't like the fact that she had been almost overridden by her emotions back there. Well, that's a problem I'll be tackling another day, I suppose. "It was...certainly a step up from gathering materials," Rinne responded carefully. "I suppose I'm starting to get a hang of it."

Then Hestia apologized about getting involved in the fight early and killing the Dark Elf with her Thorns. The DPS player shook her head. She didn't need the apology. Hestia might be the sole reason why she was still alive, after all. "It's okay," she said. "When I got hit by the first attack, there was a pretty big chance that the elf would've finished me off if you hadn't <<Howled>>. Also, if you didn't get involved in combat, you would've accompanied me for nothing. So, it's good that you're here. Thanks." And she really meant it. Before the other player could say anything else, Rinne turned around abruptly and started leading the way back to town.

Edited by Rinne

So Rinne why did you almost start toying with the mod and started to seem you were enjoying the fight? I calmly ask you having noticed that as i look over to you with a curious look. Was it just the adrenaline and excitement of knowing victory was in hand? Or was that a darker side you didn't know you had coming to surface. One that doesn't mind causing a little bit of pain and mayhem for these mobs that could soon transfer to other players. I ask you as i look towards you during our walk back towards the town. My familiar Kuro staying by my side as i ask you those questions with a serious look upon my face.

After hearing the answer that i want to hear even if it is silence. Since silence can tell quiet a bit from itself even if it has to be inferred since your usual demeanor is being silent and expressionless. Also even if i didn't howl my being here wouldn't have been of waste Rinne. For you see by making sure just that the survival rate of a player is increased for just encase measures makes a trip worth it. For if a player would fall then that is a spark that would go up onto the monument. Just another name that has been forgotten. Only those that are close would've noticed your passing. The only people who are exempt from that rule are those who make it to the frontline. If one of them goes missing everyone knows rather quickly. However, people like us Rinne. Those who aren't well known. When we disappear we are never noticed until it is far to late for anybody to have any care or for anybody to know who we even are. I say in a sad tone believing the words i speak since the monument seems to be true. Having only heard of a few people on the monument and those are people who are frontliners, have once been frontliners, or know frontliners. The lower ranks are left to be forgotten to the sands of time.