[F2-PP] A crossroads of paths.

I find myself walking through the second floor thinking of taking on the matriarch for now. The queen deserves to die i mean it does drop some useful items that can be used for taking down future quests on my own. I frown a bit at that as i wish their would be a quest that i can take that would drop mitigation instead of damage since that would be rather useful for me. However, i got to take what i can get, and what i can get is some more damage towards my weapons as a buff. I quickly walking along the path gazing at all the different NPCs, players, and buildings that this town has as i wonder how many of the players i see will make it because i can't help everyone? How many will die because of arrogance? How many will be forgotten? Sadly the answer to the last is most likely all of them if they die before the frontlines. I look down as i sigh softly wondering why i keep thinking on that subject matter. Is it because of that quest i did with Rinne where i said that? is that why that statement has plagued me so much during the times where i worry if i can protect those that i can. The people who are willing to accept the help of a tank character.

I shake my head wanting to get rid of these thought to focus entirely on my objective which is either gathering materials for my shop, or killing that queen over and over again to get as many of those matriarch stingers as possible while slowly building up my levels to try and gain that second tier i oh so want to get. To break that tier, and to get the improved gear i want which i can't have since i don't do the damage that i need to do in order to take down the quests that are currently out. As i'm walking through the town i notice a familiar water fountain the one where i usually wait for people that i have asked to come to this floor. I walk over to it and just stand in front of it and looks into the water into the distorted image that is my face. Ignoring my familiar who is nudging me slightly to try and get me to notice something. Why do i feel like i am being pulled every which way at this point? The ways of facing reality, and wanting to chase this fantasy that everyone will be remembered. I know that is impossible no one will be remembered by the real world. All we are is just growing statistics for them. While the people that only matter are the frontliners who die. The rest are left to rot and die as forgotten memories sadly. I wish i could've just stayed ignorant and never said that out loud. Now i can't stop thinking about that fact that is clearly in front of me.

@Domarus

The rules of the system had changed with the recent update.  Especially with monsters and their levels.  None of them were anywhere close to his level now which meant he needed to climb higher floors for a worthy challenge, as well as gather some decent loot.  He had heard that merchants had a small chance of receiving a unique enhancement.  The main issue was that all enhancements, including unique enhancements, were completely, and utterly random.  Thus, as he heard, most of their gear was utter garbage when compared to custom gear.  Perhaps that was why they didn't have as many customers as they once did.  Other than item drops which were pretty much useless due to this faulty issue, there was also col and materials that could be dropped by monsters.  With the prosperity enhancements, he could receive twice as much col as he normally would from lootable monsters, which was a necessity if he was going to get his guild a guild hall.  The issue was he had no frequent members whatsoever.  Aereth and Hidden were taking their time, and Sakoda was pretty much dead these days, in a figurative sense that is.  It was just Domarus and Keres again.  He hated his current generals.  They were not dependent, always acting on their own.  He intended to straighten Aereth the moment he could.

For the moment however, he walked on the second floor.  Not to fight monsters, for said reasons above no.  It was in fact, so that he could search for materials without need to worry of monsters attacking him every two seconds.  He wasn't wearing his armor as there was no need on this floor.  His armor and weapon however, were indeed in his battle ready inventory, ready to be drawn out at a moment's notice.  He was wearing his +3 LD item which would aid in his search for materials for his shop as he walked.  Keres was by his side in her typical maid outfit, a smile on her face as she looked for materials as well.  Porvós was curled around her torso as usual, his curious little tongue flicking out into the air while Rhozarth, Domarus' flaming dragon familiar, sat on his right shoulder.  The dragon wasn't wearing it's black iron skeleton armor at the moment as there was no need to, allowing him to be more agile than usual.  Domarus noticed two materials and let Rhozarth fetch them.  When he did, he noticed a familiar sight in the near distance.  Hestia.  Well well, fortune smiles on him.  Perhaps he could convince her to join his guild this time.  And if he was successful, she could increase his chances of gaining even more members as well.  He waved to her with a smile, no deceit showing as he seemed genuinely pleased to see her.

"Hestia!  It's been a while!  How've you been?  And how's the item I crafted you working out?"

ID#  90771  CD:  3  LD:  19+3=22  +2 MAT  2 total

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus

I look into the water of this fountain as i just wonder where the time goes in all of this. How can you protect those you care for when you don't know who counts as such. I only have the people on my friends list but do i actually know them? I mean i don't even know their names which i consider to be a very valuable asset to know when calling anyone your friend. If their is no trust to tell them your name how can you call that person your friend.  I then hear my name being called as i turn to see who says it as i see what i can call a rather familiar sight at this point. The red haired individual that i had thought about during my walks yesterday. How it seems my luck shines upon me this day to get my question answered. I turn to you and just waves my hand. Hello Domarus i have been pretty good for the most part. What about yourself? Any luck with that guild of yours? You know the one that wishes to help out the low leveled players out of kindness. I say phrasing my question as such to try and get information figuring that it is best to do this way not wanting to go out and directly say you seemingly copied the goals of the Celestial Ascendants. That is what i see in my eyes anyway so i am trying to see where the differences lie upon the board that is your guild without directly stating my concerns.

Also the item has been pretty good you Artisan. Already a rank 2 Performer myself so i can craft some healing items now which is pretty useful as you could imagine whenever i get to that. Since it seems that your fiery red-headed...acquaintance by the name of Embers has stopped by my shop asking for a familiar call So finding time for personal crafts has been put to the side now to try and craft her the order she had requested.. I tell you.

Domarus walked over to her as he saw her wave and greet him.  She then asked how his guild was doing and said something else.  She particularly spoke about how the guild wishes to help low leveled players out of kindness...  What was she playing at?  Why say that in particular?  Domarus wondered if she was testing him, or checking to see if he was keeping to his word.  Regardless of this his smile wouldn't disappear, though it would seem to falter a little.  All of this his own choice and doing of course, not a hint of deception.  That was the problem with this day and age.  Everyone was so trusting, so accepting to whatever anyone told them.  He gave out a sigh as he approached.

"Unfortunately things aren't going as well as I had hoped.  What members I do have, seem to either be inactive, or just vanished into thin air.  I'm doing this all on my own at this point.  I haven't been idle however.  I'm already helping out a player named Embers get to strength.  I believe you've met her at the party.  Not too long ago I helped a player named Havok with his first quest as well.  Unfortunately this hasn't left me with much time to work on inviting new players, developing the guild, or even getting stronger so that I can aid the front liners."  Domarus reached her by this point, as well as Keres who bowed to Hestia.

"It is good to see you again mistress Hestia."  She said.  Porvós, the ever flaming snake, craned his head out when he spotted Kuro, staring with curiosity at the creature before flicking it's tongue out.  It had never seen a familiar like him before.  Domarus' false, yet seemingly real smile returned when she mentioned that her item was working out.  When she mentioned Embers, he nodded.

"Yes.  We are going to be finding a familiar for her.  She's hoping to find a hawk just like the one she had in the real world.  Evidently it holds much sentimental value to her, and she is rather eager to find him."  Rhozarth returned to Domarus' shoulder, with nothing in his claws.  That meant there weren't any materials around when he spotted the woman.  The red scaled dragon with leather wings looked at Hestia, it's scales, wings and eyes ever on fire.

ID#  90794  LD:  9+3=12

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus

I look between the familiars that i find on these two people. Both being rather..fiery in terms of them being literally on fire it seems. It makes me wonder why choosing such a thing when most are content choosing more normal familiars, and you don't really seem the type for going for anything flashy. I look towards Keres and just nods my head with a wave of my hand. Hello Keres i hope things are still going well for you, and your life of willing servitude. I say in a polite tone deciding to not make a big fuss over it since it seems that she wanted this willingly. Even had to beg for this if what i heard was right. I then look towards Domarus with a curious look. Well if you need players for this guild it seems that Embers girl would be a good choice if you spend so much time near her. Helping her out and all that. I say as i look at you with my hands in my pockets.

Kuro looks at the fiery snake with a slightly curious look but doesn't approach it since it is on fire and Kuro like many animals would be weary of fire do to knowing it could harm them. Hmmm a hawk then seems to fit her personality if anything. A bird of prey would fit her. I say with a small chuckle at that as i look towards the water of the fountain as i look at my own reflection for a little bit. Just thinking that maybe going with people that i wouldn't normally might give me a bit of insight that i would need for my problems. I turn to Domarus and looks at him. Would you mind if i accompanied you for a bit? I need a different form of scenery, and certainly spending it with people i haven't before might help with this also. I say in a rather straightforward manner but also while trying to maintain a slight polite tone to try and not seem overly rude and forceful.

He noted that she looked at the familiars for a moment.  Rhozarth was completely still, showing extraordinary discipline as he watched her with a steady gaze.  While Rhozarth silently and secretly studied her, Porvós became even more curious of the lion now that it was observing him as well.  The serpent pulled it's head out further, dampening it's own flames so that it's head and some of it's neck up to that point were not alit, and flicked it's tongue out again.  Keres giggled seeing this, happy to be able to bring Porvós out once again.  She nodded rather than bowed this time, due to Porvós' activity.

"Every day is a joy with Domarus mistress Hestia~."  She continued, suggesting he speak with Embers, see if she would be willing to join his guild.  He chuckled a little bit upon her saying this.  Partly because this was what he intended to do soon, but partly because he wondered if this was a test Hestia was attempting to pull.  He could never be too careful after all.  

"I was thinking about doing so, however I would like to speak with her in the hopes of gaining a more, how should I put this.  Gentler approach, to others.  I won't be able to change the way she fights, but I'd like to help players without scaring them off you know?"  He grinned knowing she would understand was he was communicating.  He chuckled and nodded when she mentioned how a bird of prey would suit Embers.

"It would seem that way wouldn't it?"  She turned to look at a water fountain, into her own reflection for a little bit.  Before he could snap her out of it, she turned to him and asked if she could accompany him, asking for a change of scenery, spending it with people she hadn't been with before, helping her with this.  He almost narrowed his eyes, but he didn't.  What was the real reason behind this?  And was she always this polite and straightforward?  He chuckled and patted her on the back, smiling gently to her, as much as it pained him to do so.

"I don't mind at all!  I was basically just gathering materials today.  Hopefully I'll find time to actually head up to higher levels and grind a few monsters tomorrow."  Rhozarth suddenly took off, flying past Hestia's head and opened his talons, grabbing the four materials he had spotted and flying back to Domarus, who added them to his inventory.  He grinned.

"I'm very grateful the system has that skill as an option."

ID#  90796  CD:  10  LD:  20  +4 MAT  6 total

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus

Hearing that you are material farming i just nod my head and open up my menu and clicks my inventory. I scroll down till i find what i desire as i hit the equip for that. Over my normal black clothing appears a golden coat that goes to my knees that has a little bit of fur at the ends of it. With along the back being the depiction of a ram in the coloring of scarlet red. Well if we're looking for materials then lets be on our way shouldn't we. I say as i look into Domarus' eyes. As i then begin to walk towards the exit of the town to actually start gathering while talking to this person i find myself in the company of. My familiar looks at this little snake and moves closer out of curiosity to it as the lion inspects it closely as if trying to understand how the fire is happening.

I then chuckle a small bit hearing about how Embers' approach to people. Yes she can be a bit forward it seems, and a bit i don't know if rude is the word i would be looking for. Maybe distant is a better way of putting it. I say with a nod of my head as i walk down along the towards one of the exits to this town since to find materials would require to actually leave the place. Since unlike your familiar mine doesn't fetch me such things. i turn my head to Keres and then back at Domarus. So you two what do you do on a daily basis. I mean Keres you say it is a joy, so what makes it so amazing? And just asking you Domarus out of curiosity. I say as i look ahead of me back onto the path as my mind wanders back a bit soon after receiving the answers from the two people. My mind drifting back to what has been plaguing my mind. I look towards the ground as i wonder what could be the most effective way of helping people? Is the answer joining a existing guild? is it forming a new one? Is it to just continue on what i have done and just patrolling the floors during times that i can? I just look to the ground wondering how i am going to go about this in a successful manner. As i think on other players something you say connects with my brain finally. ohhh yeahh you did help Havok with a quest. he mentioned that to me at some point. I say with a nod of my head. If you were curious havok has become sort my questing partner for the time being. Me helping him get stronger, so we both can at some point start knocking off quests quickly. The next i have planned being that fire guardian, so we can finally do a quest even i haven't done at this point. Something new would be nice by this point.

The first thing he noted was the sound of a menu being opened and saw her pull something from her inventory.  When she equipped it he was assuming it was to aid her in gathering materials.  Domarus noted the design of the golden coat, as well as the red ram on the back of it.  He chuckled as he believed he got the meaning behind it all.

"I think your nickname is going to be 'bearer of the golden fleece' Hestia."  He grinned at her before walking right back out of town the way he had came.

"May I ask you why you named your avatar after Hestia, Goddess of the Hearth?  If it's because you love Greek Mythology, may I ask why you love that category?"  Domarus wasn't wearing any armor, just his black t-shirt and pants.  Keres had mentioned how she loved it when he wore the t-shirt though he still wasn't sure why.  Keres did though.  She always knew.  She tended to do whatever she could to get him wet.  He thought this was to piss him off enough where he'd punish her, and while that was true there was actually a second reason behind her actions.  One that other girls could understand.  Domarus chuckled when Hestia gave her thoughts on Embers.

"I don't know, you should have seen her during the 'Let there be Light' quest.  When it came to the npc child we had to rescue, she was quite rude.  However you are indeed correct that she's very forward and blunt.  Hopefully I can help her smooth out her words enough to where she won't repel others everywhere she goes."  Seeing the lion with wings come slightly closer out of curiosity, he pulled forward more.  Keres giggled and came closer to Hestia.

"Is it alright if Porvós climbed on you?"  Hearing this, Porvós doused the rest of it's flames while Keres came over to Hestia, after gaining permission of course, and hugged her from the side, squeezing her tightly to her.  One of the lessons she learned from Chiana was that close contact with someone always made them uncomfortable.  And besides a craving for pain and suffering, her other pastime was messing with people's emotions.  Porvós slithered from Keres to Hestia, curling around her shoulder and neck, like a scarf, and brought it's head up close to Kuro's.  The familiar wasn't curled tightly, but loosely, and provided Hestia with some warmth.  When Keres and Domarus heard her question, (Keres is no longer hugging her at this point and Porvós has made himself comfortable) Domarus let Keres start off.

"Whenever I'm not serving.  Well technically I've been helping him, not serving though I like to think it the other way around.  Whenever I'm not serving him, I've been trying to work on my alchemy skills.  However with the guild where it is right now, as well as my trying to help with it in any way I can, I haven't had time to get to it.  Other than that, I love to watch anime~"  Domarus rubbed the back of his head as it was his turn now.

"I don't exactly, give myself a break.  Unless there is an event such as the valentines dance, or the halloween party, or even player run events like the lake party, I really spend most of my time working.  Whether that includes gathering materials or crafting, fighting mobs for gear or col or levels, grinding quests, or the newly added, guild and it's purpose.  Other than that I love a good conversation, and I often have that with Keres.  Of course whenever I wasn't working in the real world I tended to play video games, but uh, that's not exactly an option for entertainment now is it?"  He finished with a chuckle.  

@Hestia

I grin a bit seeing you catch the meaning of the coat as i nod my head. Well i am working on trying to figure out a appropriate design for my armor and such when i get tier 2. Since i am going to commit to the whole greek theme of such things. Obviously the first step was the cloak, and i'm sure you noticed that the items i had you craft had greek names also. I say with a nod of my head. Also i named myself after the Goddess of Hearth since i do like greek mythology it is the first i had been introduced to, so it holds a place in my heart. I like to think i know quite a bit at least of some of these things, and i have heard their is a greek floor. You know i am very excited then to eventually reach that floor and challenge the very gods on that floor some day. I say with a chuckle as i start to laugh a bit. Ohhh it would be amazing if whenever the gods of that floor possibly come down that they react in some way to my name. Since i think this game is rather reactionary to things that happen within it so it could possibly take that into account.

i chuckle a bit after having said that. I also named myself after just a goddess do to my image of how a goddess should be. A being that protects those that are unable to do so with all their strength. That is why also to show my commitment to this belief, and that it helps reinforce that i am just a tank. A shield to help others grow and prosper as much as they. To try and prevent them from being forgotten like all the players that already are. I mean if you looked onto the monument how many would you actually know? Not many i am guessing. Just the select few who had made it towards being a frontline fighter at some point, or knew such players. If you don't fall into that category you will be forgotten. Just another number onto the statistics that  will be formed during and after this game is all over. I say getting rather heated and frustrated when mentioning the fate of players who are forgotten. When explaining the why.

After a few moments and deep calming breaths i cool myself down and just nod to keres allowing her familiar to go along my body for whatever reason. I feel the snake wrap around my neck and shoulders as i smile a bit enjoying the warmth that it is providing me. Kuro looks to the snake with slightly narrowed eyes when it sees the snake wrap around my neck. Kuro just being defensive out of instinct, but he keeps himself civil and just sniffs the snake curiously while eying the thing up not in a predatory fashion more so in trying to see what every inch of it is doing and looks like.

As the two explain the free time i nod my head in understanding. Well Keres i do hope you can get to your alchemy at some point since that would be rather useful to have someone like that at any guild's side. To have a potion maker doing crafting what would be needed for surviving the monsters be it for grinding purposes, or for preparation of a raid of some kind. Be it frontline, or event boss. I say as i look to her with a nod of my head not finding her reasons to be weird. for doing whatever she is doing. I mean besides the whole slavery thing but i have given up immediately on trying to change that since she clearly just wants that life style. So then Domarus about this guild. What is it about? How you going to help out like examples and such. How is it going to be structured? Are their any specific goals you are trying to reach like short term wise. Since you told me the long term goal of help players no matter how they wish to approach things, or get them stronger. You know just short term that can be accomplished once you get enough players to stay around.

Edited by Hestia

Her attire she stated, she was still not exactly sure what would be an appropriate style.  She mentioned the coat as well as the items he himself had crafted for her when she ordered them.  There was also her name of course.  When she mentioned her naming herself Hestia, she confessed that she loved the mythology and that it held a special place in her heart, a main part of this being that it was the first thing she was introduced to.  That made sense to Domarus.  People tended to be more connected, drawn to, and attached to the first they encounter.  Whether it's a first movie, first book, first job, first traveling experience.  The first time is always a powerful memory.  Even now Domarus could recall quite clearly his first attempt at domination, which, ironically, was in an MMORPG.  It was a hundred times better than SAO was, but that wasn't what mattered.  The question was, exactly what was her encounter with mythology the first of?  He chuckled when she mentioned facing off with the Gods of Olympus.

"Well now, that would be quite an adventure would it not?  Perhaps they will be stronger than most of the quests I've taken thus far.  As far as your outfit, I feel a laurel wreath would suit you very well.  Not only would it make you look more like the Greek Goddess Hestia, but I think it would also compliment your natural beauty.  Give you a glow and shine so to speak.  And yes, I would love to be there and see Hestia's reaction to you,"  he finished with a grin.  Domarus listened to her next words and how she had named herself Hestia because she wanted to present to Aincrad what she believed a goddess should be.  He listened with slight annoyance as it seemed she too believed that aiding the weaklings was everything.  In a small way it was, but not in the way she imagined it.  By aiding those who were too weak to do anything, he gained their favor and loyalty.  If he had enough followers, he could discredit whomever he wished, as well as have a literal meat shield if he was attacked.  He could easily make it so that players would sacrifice themselves to keep him alive.  He just needed time...  She then crossed into the realm of player killing, beginning with how players were easily forgotten.  He waited until she had finished before he spoke.

"Meralyn.  Hagor.  Valax.  Ultiir.  I know multiple names who have fallen to this world.  I personally did not know them, however I knew the people who did.  I intend to honor them Hestia.  Honor them not just by clearing the game in their name, or helping new players.  When I've gathered enough col, or rather if they ever get off their lazy butts and help, when my guild gathers enough col.  When we finally have a guild hall.  I intend to set up an area where the names of all the fallen, as well as a brief description of whom they were, will stand.  So that players will always be reminded.  They will not be forgotten for long Hestia."  Porvós was very close to Kuro's face now and stared into Kuro's face with it's lidless eyes.  It's tongue flickered out for a second before it rubbed it's scaly head against the familiar's main, feeling it so it knew what it felt like.  Afterwards it pulled back and curled completely around Hestia, seeming to find the spot comfortable.  Keres gave a cute smile and curtseyed while Domarus listened to her question on his guild.

"Second time you've asked about my guild.  Interested in joining are we?"  He said with a chuckle.
     "
My guild is separated into three major segments.  There is the Silver Star, the Dawn's Blade, and the Supreme Champions.  The Silver Star is essentially going to be a marketplace when we have enough players in them.  We gather and purchase materials and send them to the players with professions, who then craft and sell items for cheap.  I plan to set up multiple discounts as well as daily coupons.  They will be how our prices will be cheap.  As far as the Dawn's Blade goes, they are essentially mercenaries.  And no, they do not do assassination missions, punishing missions, or any sort of bullying.  They are specifically to help players out, and have a small share in the rewards.  People won't join my guild unless they have benefits unfortunately.  Finally the Supreme Champions which you can guess is specifically for the front lines.  Beyond these I intend to set achievements, titles and ranks in the three branches that players can shoot for and claim."  

ID#  90834  LD:  8+3=11  @Hestia

Edited by Domarus

Well Domarus i don't intend to look the part of a goddess just act how i think one should. To do things without expecting some kind of favor in return. Since people might take that lessons away with them. That they should be helping out others when they can without expecting anything in return besides what the game seems to naturally give for helping such players complete quests, or helping to kill monsters. After all i mean those who help others will be repayed eventually even if they don't want such repayment. It will happen since people will be thankful and willing to help also do to the kindness that they were shown. I say calmly as i look at Domars not minding the movement of Povos around my body. However, facing the gods would be a challenge even if it was something as simple as facing them against their crafts. They are god's afterall so even facing them in a crafting competition could turn dangerous if they somehow get offended, and that never goes well in greek mythology. I say with a small smile.

I then hear you list off players that have supposedly past away from this world as i just nod my head at that figuring it is interesting that you could get reports from people of people to try and commemorate those that will fall to whatever happens. I find the sentiment nice, but i find doubts in my mind as i start speaking once more about other possibilities or situations of how things go in this world. What about those that stick to themselves. The ones that had no one they will become just as easily forgotten, and reports of how a person was can be sugarcoated by the people who got left behind. I mean i'll take the instance of the only one i know of. A player named Beatbox who got killed by some person called Death Adder. So far i think i have only heard good things about this person, but none of the bad. What does that tell you? It shows people would prefer remembering the good while not telling the bad to show only one side of the coin while keeping the other in the dark since no one truly understands what goes through peoples head and what their motivations are in their last moments of life. I say as i turn to you. How can you truly give a description of someone then when you won't ever know their true being. Not even me you could figure out unless you started prying into my life Domarus. You would just get the front cover of a person wishing to protect others at all cost, but you wouldn't know the why of what drives that force or what my life was like during this game to make me end the way i did. I say as i take a deep calming breathe after that not realizing i was getting rather heated again getting colder in tone as i was speaking as i look down as i wonder why this is upsetting me so much. Is it because i never had to face this reality before. The reality that things and people will be forgotten eventually. Just look towards Kuro who gives me a slight nod after having let Povos rub against his mane. The familiar quickly flies off to get me some materials since that is a good use of time since the matriarch is being put on hold.

You mention titles and ranks? What kind are we talking about Domarus. Like just ones to show where people stand, or are we talking like military style things that those KOB seem to be fond of from what i have heard about them. They just in general don't seem all that great people to be around. Except Macradon he seems like a kind soul in that group from the few moments i was allowed to talk to him. Makes me wonder how he ended up in those knights. I say curiously to myself as i look back to you. But yes back on track how are you planning in terms of actually chain of command style of things. Since getting dangerous with a military format could get a bad reputation from people and other guilds if they see that for your guild. Also, yes right now i am thinking of joining a guild or starting one up honestly. I find myself needing a partner to do questing since my current one seems to have gotten busy with other tasks. That leaves me a tank without a damage partner and a tank like that doesn't survive long since they will be out damaged eventually if not careful. I figured a guild is the best and easiest way to find such a partner for the time being to take on quests to allow me to level up and get stronger, faster. The frontlines wait for no one. The longer we're down here the longer fights take for our freedom in taking down the floor bosses. I say to you as i turn to my familiar who comes back with my material that i happily take as i nod my head and Kuro takes off once more.

LD: 15+3=18 material found +1 material

Hestia was indeed very accurate in that those who received help were all too eager to give their assistance right back.  That was one of the issues with mankind.  They had no idea how stupid they were being until it was far too late.  Due to their repetitive, foolish habits, all it took was one intelligent man to conquer the globe one man at a time.  How it was so pitifully easy for Domarus to dominate this world.  All it took was patience.  Patience, and a master of manipulation and deception, with a fiery and passionate goal that propelled him forward violently.  He nodded to Hestia with a chuckle when she mentioned the God's again.

"Yes, that is indeed true.  However there is a lesson to be learned there as well.  Just like those gods, players who reach a high level tend to think and believe that they are immortal.  It only takes a little bit before the inevitable happens and they fall, and fall hard.  Players get overconfident, cocky, arrogant.  That tends to be their downfall.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."  The thing was Domarus believed that statement entirely.  You'd be a blind idiot if you didn't.  The catch was:  He didn't care.  He had made it his personal mission to be on the top of the entire world, ruling everything.  Free of any chains or bonds set on him by others.  It would be he enslaving others though they didn't realize it.  It would be he leeching off of other's well being so that he could grow in strength.  He would be, all powerful.  However he wouldn't let it get to his head either.  He knew he needed to have individuals he could trust his life with.  Not only that, but he also needed people strong enough to protect, defend, and work with him.  With that, he could indeed become invincible.  On the off chance he failed along the way however, he needed an apprentice.  Sakoda had vanished so she was not an option.  He had someone searching for her twenty four seven to ensure she didn't spill his secret identity out into the world.  Hestia began to rant about the players who soloed the game, who had no friends, etc.  He waited until he had calmed down before stopping, and sighing.
     "
Hestia.  I understand what you are saying, but there is something you must face, admit, and accept.  The world is corrupt.  Just as you care about everyone's well fair, there are those who are the opposite.  People who don't give a d**n about anyone's feelings, goals, hopes or dreams.  People who are in it for themselves.  There are people who become overwhelmed with depression.  People who feel like they carry the whole world and all it's hate to the point where they commit suicide.  The real world is many times worse than this.  Many thousand times worse things happen, including torture, underneath everyone's noses.  However they don't notice it because all they care about is their own comfort.  You must accept that no matter how hard we try Hestia, we cannot save or help every single solitary soul.  There will be casualties.  There will be people forgotten.  Ten thousand players is a massive number.  Do you want to convince yourself that you can really get to know each and every one of them?  We have limits Hestia, we are only human..."  She then asked him about the ranks and titles and asked if they were compared to the Knights of the Blood Oath at any point.  Keres giggled to this, finding the idea absurd and hilarious to think about.

"The KoB and our guild are not even on the same level of concept.  The front lining branch is close to military in that I intend to have us organized with each player having an assigned role, or multiple roles if they possess the skill or intelligence.  What makes us and their guild far different however, is I intend to build the front lining branch off of trust, friendship, and teamwork.  They don't work together at all if you watch them closely.  They do their own thing and ignore the others.  I wish to be the opposite.  As far as authority, I'll be the leader to keep players from getting the guild off track, and hopefully I'll find a few players I can trust to be good counselors.  I won't ignore anyone in the guild, so anyone is free to talk to me about just about anything.  As far as ranks and titles, each branch has it's own.  Ranks would show how much progress they have made in that branch, while titles would be things you'd see in any video games.  Just everyday achievements and such.  Something to help encourage players to shoot for something besides level grind and train as if they were in a military.  Surviving isn't the same as living after all."  Domarus spotted some materials but as he reached for them, Keres picked them up and handed them to Domarus who inserted them in his inventory.

ID#  90836  CD:  8  LD:  13+3=16  +3 MAT  9 total   @Hestia

Edited by Domarus

I nod my head knowing that people who build themselves thrones of power within this game will be horribly disappointed when someone else snatches that away from them. To cast down the people who think they are invincible do to whatever power they think they have in this game, but don't actually have by any stretch of the imagination. Well if absolute power corrupts absolutely then what counts as absolute power then. When does one have power that no other being could match? Then their is the question what type of power could fall under that branch since their is obviously more then just physical, or mental power within this world. I say as i look towards you as i then hear your views on the fact that not everyone could be saved or remembered. I feel my hands clench tightly as i look towards the ground knowing this to be true, but not wanting to admit it.

I remain silent for a minute before i say with difficulty as if saying this is a physical harm to me. I know i can't protect everyone, i know people will be forgotten, and i know i can't be up to help everyone. I say as i look to you with a fiery determination in my eyes. However, that won't stop me from trying as much as i can to help out those below me. To try and get to know as many people as i can to make sure the potential for people being forgotten becomes less. That at the very least the numbers of players stories who could be forgotten diminishes. I know this can be seen as a fool's dream, but i don't mind being the fool if that is the case. Since many things can start with an idea that seems idiotic to others, but soon after that sparks into a brilliant light of intelligence and ingenious. This is not such a moment, but it can maybe at least get people to think twice about who they come into contact with. That maybe if i show kindness and helpfulness such an attitude can transfer over to other players. That way the cycle will always be their of the higher leveled players, helping the lower leveled ones. I say with a nod of my head as i look you in the eyes. I will follow my path as best as i can, but i know i can't do anything by myself at this point. I don't have the damage in terms of this game to advance at all anymore. I need someone's help and finding others around my level have been rather difficult. So domarus i would like to ask you if after this gathering of materials you could help me with some quests. I ask you. I need help gaining the strength i need to reach the frontlines, so i am requesting you for such help. After all you did say you like to help others out. I say with a smile.

After a few moments of silence once more i ask. So IF i did join your guild what would i start at. I ask curiously. Trying to see what kind of titles and positions are currently in place. Wanting to try and see a glimpse into this guild as i look at you. Also what counts as good counselors for you? People with similar views to you on your own perspective of life, or others who try to understand the people that could be below them since i imagine finding ideals that fit between the guild, and the leader would be difficult. You would need a middle person to hear the wishes of the guild, and then trying to express the foundations, and ruling of what the person who forms the guild and the people who make the rules. I say to you calmly. I turn to my familiar who flies back and shakes his head.I just nod in understanding and tells him to be at my side since we are close enough to find materials just lying about since we are out of the town.

#90837  LD: 8+3=11 no material.

It was oh so obvious just how painful it was to accept one of the oldest and most well known truths in the entire vast universe.  Despite how painful it was to her, it would do her good to know how dark this world truly was.  Once you accepted the worst of mankind to be an actual thing, then you could move forward and advance.  Either that or crumble.  There were after all, only the strong, weak, and those who just weren't strong enough.  Hestia however...  She was something different.  Despite the fact that her ideal and goals were indeed an idiot's dream, he could pretty much feel the passion emanating off of her.  Rhozarth could see it too.  The dragon lessened the intensity of it's gaze on her, not respecting her like it did with Domarus, but not looking at her like she was beneath him.  Domarus smiled gently and wrapped his arm around her, giving her an encouraging side hug, despite the fact that it didn't please him to do this.

"Hestia.  No matter how foolhardy it may seem or sound, I honestly think you to be the best and kindest individual I have encountered thus far.  And what you seek?  It's all we can do.  While we can't cure the disease, we can save a few from it.  Whether others will join us is yet to be seen.  But I hope that we can save as many as we can while we're stuck in this world."  He let go and smiled to her, appearing to be genuinely appreciative of what she wanted to do, as well as genuinely looking forward to working with her.  One of those was correct, though it would be more accurately to say that he'd be using her.  Using her to strengthen his guild, gain new members, and finally begin his ascension.  
     "And as for power and fall there are many forms of power.  Money.  Physical prowess.  Intelligence.  Thievery and blackmail.  A silver tongue.  Political power.  Sometimes it's birthright.  So many more ways and yet all of them end up in the same place eventually."  She asked him about his guild, how if she were to join, where would she have started off.
     "
Well nobody is at the front lines yet so that's not as important.  If you must know however, each party, when we get there, will have a strategist, dps, tank, supporter.  The player who is the wisest among the party at that time will be the one to call out orders, which are only given if absolutely necessary.  Otherwise players work with each other and discuss what to do.  The reason orders exist is because in the heat of battle you don't have the luxury of having a conversation every turn.  If you joined the silver star, it would depend on a variety of things.  The first rank, Tradesman, is achieved once you've crafted your first item, allowing players to open their shop on the marketplace.  The second rank, Salesman, is when players have crafted their first tier two items.  The third rank Merchant is when players have sold a total of fifteen items.  Marketer is when players have maximized their profession, so it would be the hardest to obtain.
     "Then there's the Dawn's Blade.  The lowest rank is colt, who are players who have joined but are not yet strong enough to take on jobs just yet.  These players will be taken under another player's wing under 
training till they are ready.  The next rank is Recruit, who are able to handle the lowest jobs and quests but require another player as an escort when taking on higher quests or dungeons.  Warrior's are players who are strong enough to take on quests and jobs, as well as train a colt or recruit if need be.  Warlords are the final rank, and these players are strong enough to take on the toughest jobs and even aid the frontlines if need be.  The, Dawn's blade's ranks were a bit rushed if I'm honest, so if you have better ideas I'm open to hear them."

ID#  90838  LD:  10+3=13  @Hestia

Edited by Domarus

I just nod my head as i listen to your words. I am sure i am not the best since the term best is very opinionated on what constitutes as that, and i don't consider myself the kindest person out their. As i said even if you can get to know the surface well you won't know what motivates me, and as i am sure i won't know what motivates you unless you really wanted me to actually know. The only way people can figure out anothers goals is through observing actions, and seeing if they can pick up any signs of lying. Furthermore, their is also the silver tongue the thing that holds the most power no matter where you go. Since if you can talk your way into others hearts and beliefs then you truly can just do what you will with such a person. I say with a nod of my head. Being a bit more forward and not as optimistic in my words. More so stating facts of the darker side of the world with little care to it besides just saying them. Such people are the poison that taint this world. I say before then quickly jumping to the next topic.

SO then what do you think of this world? I have heard the words beautiful, i have my own opinion of viewing this world as something to hate and despise. What do you view it as? Beautiful, a land of opportunities that couldn't been done before, or at the very least not as easily? A place to satiate some inner desires rather openly, or discreetly? I say this one rather darkly and with some spite to it.  It doesn't matter what way everyone will know the names of such people that go down that path. Their is no escaping people knowing of the crime they do against humanity for wanting to satiate that bloodlust they could have that they hid in real life, or that they developed in here. I then pause and says. Sorry about that got off track. But as i said what do you view this world as truthfully without a single hint of deception, or lying. What do you view this world as, and what are your plans as you go forward. Since the formation of a guild is nice, but everyone has goals beyond such what can be considered short term depending on the people you get to help you out. What other goals do you have? I ask calmly.

After hearing my answer i then continue. If i did join your guild i'm sure i would qualify as a warrior for the fighting portion, but i wouldn't let being a fighter stop me from running my shop that i have which is in a nice little place. A perfect little cavern on the fourth floor. Beautiful scenery and a bit away from the main settlement. Close enough to not be a bother, but far away enough in the eye of other people where only people who came looking for the shop would find it. Also, Domarus would you mind going on a few quests with me if need be. I do need to get stronger, and if you have time today to gather materials i am sure you have time to help out a player get stronger. I let my eyes wander along the ground and smiles as i pick up a material that would be of much use for me since i am running rather low on materials.

#90839 LD:12+3=15 +1 material

A profit was not without it's risks, and a rose not without thorns.  The same was said about Hestia here.  Listening to her it seemed she despised people who lied, seeping into the minds and hearts of others to gain what they want.  What was completely ironic was that Domarus wasn't just the king of deception and manipulation.  He'd consider himself the God of it, if Lucifer didn't exist that is.  At least, that's one thing he heard about the bible, about Satan, the father of lies.  If Satan was the one who started them, Domarus had perfected them.  And with his excellent reputation among nearly everyone, save for the front liners as he had not yet reached them, no one had any reason to suspect him of anything...  Save for those who already knew.  Yet he had all of them under his thumb at this point.

"Well I look forward to getting to know you better Hestia.  And the same for you with me."  Keres smiled as she walked behind them both, and though her face showed none of it, she couldn't help but find humor in it.  Domarus could very well easily tell Hestia most of his own real life story without sharing his dark thoughts and deeds.  Mainly because of the way he handled everything.  The only thing that would be concerning was Keres and her past.  She could never reveal that she was obsessed, and craved pain.  She always missed it, but when it was torn away from her without warning, she legitimately went through withdrawal.  Domarus listened to Hestia as she asked for his opinion of the world.  Starting with how some saw it as beautiful, but then returning to a dark topic once again.

"Well first of all, I would suggest trying to be positive.  We have to acknowledge the darkness in the world, that much is true.  However at the same time, we can't let those thoughts ruin our lives.  We need to use them as a motivation to push harder, to help raise others higher, rather than let them work us up.  And as for me?  Not much has changed since the real world really.  The only difference is that there is no reproduction in this world.  Well, I guess I'm wrong, there are many differences but that's one of the more massive differences.  You must remember that most people in here are gamers.  Many of them spend most of their time playing video games rather than doing other things.  To them this place is not only an eye opener.  It's a second chance.  While people may die, or come to near death in this game, it helps us reveal our true nature.  In the sense of D&D, you will inevitably end up either lawful or chaotic in the end, sooner or later.  In retrospect to the players of the world, this place is essentially a lesson.  A philosophy class in itself you could say.
     "As for the world itself, once you get past the fear of monsters, work with others to survive.  One could actually live in a world like this.  With all that Kayaba provides, and could very easily add to the world.  If it weren't for a time limit over our heads due to our bodies in the real world, this world wouldn't be too bad to live in.  If it weren't for the death sentence over our heads, and if the game were a bit more developed, maybe add bows and magic, this world could very well be an ideal gamers heaven.  As for me personally, it all reminds me of the real world, and all that I have left to do.  What goals I have besides to get out of here and everyone else with me?  Whether I'll find someone I can settle down with is yet to be seen, but I want to make a difference in the world.  America, my country, is rotting thanks to the government feeding lies to the population, stuffing them with all sorts of entertainment.  I wish to see them exposed for what they are and brought to justice.  That's the long term goal that is.  I just hope I can see a truly free nation before I die."  
What she didn't know was that this was only a twentieth of his phase one plan that would, if all went well, be accomplished before he was forty.  By then it was a simple task to seize control and slowly conquer the globe.  He chuckled with a smile.

"You know you can join all three branches right?  You don't have to devote all your time and effort to the Dawn's Blade and not the Silver Star.  If you wanted to, you could become a warlord, marketer, and lead your own party in the frontlines.  And I would love to join you on a few quests Hestia."

@Hestia

Being positive isn't the easiest thing to do Domarus. Not when you know their are people who need help, and you can't do anything. I shake my head as i just focus back on the matter at hand. i should just stop thinking about that since all it'll do is annoy and frustrate me which will lead to me doing something dumb and reckless. I say as i turn my head towards you. I then hear you speak of differences in how things go and how things usually turn out. Well if things are that way when i am definitely lawful to the very end. Having peace is always better in the end as long as the means to achieve it are just. The ends don't justify the means after all. Also i'm not a gamer i had just managed to pick up on the terms rather quickly from listening to others. I only bought this game to vent the stress of life for a hour or two each day. Now i am stuck in this world, and i don't know if it is for the better or worse at this point. I say softly for the last sentence.

America isn't that bad you know Domarus. Sure our country has a few problems and a grossly over done problem towards basically some form of conditioning brainwahsing towards items that is done via marketing and TV. Making people think or behave certain ways that is for certain. However, our government isn't as bad as others and i am sure not one man could try to show the world the greed of a country without becoming apart of it in some way. To experience the inner mechanisms of how they do everything, and why they do what they do. If you wanted to try and do that you would have to get involved in that in some way. I say to you with a nod of my head. What are the goals you have left unfinished? Since this one long term goal seems very out their in the idea of ever completing it in some way. I say to you as i look around the area where we are at for any possible materials.

So then if we want to go on quests i think their should be trust in some manner. How can i be sure you won't stab me in the back for whatever reasons, or lead me into some trap. I mean a green player leading another into a trap with orange players i am sure has happened already in some form or the other. Can never be to careful about these things since like the real world the kindest people can also be the most broken, or most evil on the inside. They are just really good at lying or don't have to try the fact they are lying since others would just believe since they seem really kind, and would never lie in any fashion. I say to you not mentioning a way to show i can trust you.

I then look towards keres. What about you Keres? Anything you miss about the real world, anything you wish to add to how you personally view this world? Just because you're a servant doesn't mean you can't voice your own opinion or join in on the conversation at any point if you felt like it. I say to her in a kind tone.

When she said that being positive wasn't easy, he completely agreed with her.  The only time he could be positive was if everything was going as he had planned it to.  However there was one slight little issue that managed to keep him on the negative side.  Human stupidity.  Whether it was in the form of players taking more than they could handle, killing for no reason, thinking themselves invincible, giving into fear and becoming nothing but pathetically helpless slobs that take up air and food, individuals with a fierce noble set of morals, trying to be knights in shining armor.  Or just your stereotypical moron.  It annoyed the s**t out of him.  However he was able to make it seem like he could tolerate it, or laugh rather than yell.  He gave a sad smile to Hestia and nodded, rather than rolling his eyes and smacking the back of her head.  

"I understand Hestia.  It's not easy, even for me.  Over time it gets easier, but I never once forget the suffering this world goes through.  I only alter my mind enough where I can push forward."  When she mentioned that she would be lawful to the end he could not agree more, much to his annoyance.  It wasn't that he was against being lawful, the world would be impossible without those people.  However sometimes people became too lawful for their own good, and ended up getting killed by someone who just wants them to shut up or keep out of their life.  When she had mentioned how the means never justify the ends...  She was completely right.  One thing she left out however, and that they both no doubt disagreed on was, do the means actually matter?  No.  Domarus would be using manipulation and deceit to gain power, and nobody would know because he would not have done anything wrong as far as the law went.  All his darkness, all his cruelty, would be locked away until the very end.  If that even occurred that is.

"Well seeing as how the reason you came to play video games matches with the needs and desires of most gamers, that would make you one in my book,"  he said with a chuckle.  She then went on to defend the country, causing him to nearly roll his eyes but he refrained.

"Just because they are not as bad as other country's governments, does not mean that they are not corrupt and should be brought down to justice.  And I have a plan in mind for getting to said point of exposing them, though it wouldn't be safe for me to share it with anyone.  The less people know about it the better I'm afraid.  As for any short term goals?  Let's see...  I've moved out and got a job, though whether I'll still have that job once we get out of here is a mystery to me.  Hmm...  Honestly now that you ask me that, I suppose I have no short term goals.  Everything I've planned and have done has been for the set goal of freeing America for good.  Speaking of which, please don't share this with anyone.  If this became the latest gossip, it could easily spread through the real world once we're done in this game."  Domarus listened to Hestia as she asked him for proof that he would not stab her in the back or some s***.  He stared at her for a short moment, slight disbelief and minor shock on his face.

"While I admit it's good to be cautious in this world, why would you ever suspect me to be one of those kinds of people?  Have you seen or heard of predators like that attending multiple public events?  Including event bosses.  None.  Someone like that would want to keep a low profile, keep less known otherwise people would find out what they were doing rather quickly.  In addition, I'm now a leader of a guild.  A guild I'm looking to fill up quickly, and have spread the news as far as I can.  Setting up ambushes and killing people would not benefit me in any way when it comes to this guild.  If that, and what you have learned from me from all of our conversations, has not convinced you, you can speak with anyone you'd like.  Everyone will tell you the same thing.  I'd never even think of it, in fact I'd rather put myself in danger to save others.  Ask Aereth about that bit.  He got himself captured, leaving me and a friend to run in and save him."  Keres turned her head to Hestia as she spoke, and giggled when she mentioned that she could speak.

"You fascinate me sometimes my Goddess~.  Well, I honestly don't miss the real world that much.  The only thing I really cared for was Master Domarus.  As for this world, I love it~  I get to make things like potions, help Domarus with his projects, personal or otherwise.  I also get to humiliate orange players when they attack me.  Hee hee.  I love seeing their faces turn red," she said with a grin.  Her eyes sparkled as she saw some materials and shot for them before Domarus could, handing them to him with a cute smile.

ID#  90864  CD:  8  LD:  19  +3 MAT  12 total  @Hestia

Edited by Domarus

Altering your mind doesn't sound pleasant in any form with just that description for it. Makes it sound like you are trying to change your views on such a matter of what can be viewed as the suffering of others. I guess their is no good way of saying that you would wish to try and ignore the suffering for even, but a moment just to try and survive. To keep yourself sane enough to not be thinking of how many could be dying every month because they were to arrogant for their own good, or trusted the wrong people, or just got unlucky when it came to PKers going after them. I say as i look around wondering how many players could actually be like that. I then pause and wonder if i or anyone i know could fall into that. I look at my hands and then just looks to the ground slightly dejected realizing i am such a player. One who got to wrapped up in the strength they thought they had, and i almost payed the final price for such a decision of letting such thoughts fill my head. Us players are so easy to let this false confidence of strength we have go to our heads. We think we can conquer anything that is in front of us and only realize how dumb that is when it is far to late. Some are lucky and live to learn, but others crash and burn hard enough to turn into another scratched off name on the monument. I say in a soft gentle voice. My voice having emotion put into the tone. One of slight sadness, and frustration.

After a short moment to get back to a normal emotional state i continue speaking. With the whole country thing. I still find your ambitions to be a bit high, but i guess their have been crazier things said in the human history that have then happened. I guess it would then be a bit of a disservice to say you're a fool for trying to change a country in some way to show others its darkness and have them believe you. It will be very difficult, but i guess not impossible. I say simply on that manner not commenting on much besides that matter.

I know you can kill me, but you aren't. Also, i know you have some sort of reputation that you seem to value if you made all those points to try and defend why you wouldn't wish to do that. Reputation being the keys linking all that. Attending events, and being a guild leader and showing kindness by saving people would give you a good reputation. Would be pretty bad to try and ruin that since it would affect many things. I say as i look at Domarus. However, i also mentioned deceit and lies and you know this to be a fact also. That lies can change how people act without them even knowing it, and can make them have a certain view. We all manipulate to some extent even i do so i bet unintentionally. It just varies how much you mean to do so with how you are going about things. I say to you calmly and in a neutral tone. I can be considered manipulative to some if they get the wrong idea of me by helping others out as much as i can and being kind to help increase the chance to be called for help again. I help more i can get more levels. That could be seen as manipulative if viewed in the wrong light by others. When my true intentions are just wishing to be of help as much as i can be. I say to you as i look at you and Keres. Not really caring at this point that i could be seen as rude or anything of such a variety. Just trying to view what i can from this thinking much more on this when speaking to this person who seems to have big plans. Realizing i should be a bit more careful then since they can plan most things out then revolving other people to try and get a reaction, and possibly has a good idea of the psychology of humans. Since if they plan to make people believe what he says and side with him it would take lots of words, and promises that could be kept and not be kept along the way.

I then hear Keres' words and i am a bit curious about them. Wait you only cared for Domarus? What about family? Friends? Anything? I say finding the idea that no one could miss anything from their old life to be perplexing by every means. Since everyone as far as i know has some sort of emotional attachment to objects that they could miss.

"I understand what you mean Hestia, and I'm not in any way saying that I wish to ignore what's happening or forget about it...  There's, really no good way to describe it honestly.  It's just something I've picked up on.  I keep a positive attitude so that others will be positive and hopeful, all the while helping those who are cowering in the darkness.  If this sounds like I'm trying to ignore the world, and those who suffer I'm not, I promise you this."  Domarus listened to what Hestia said, and besides her mentioning how it seemed a bit much to take on, it wasn't impossible.  He nodded to her.

"I don't plan on taking it on alone either.  I have a few friends in the real world willing to help me out."  Keres heard Hestia's question and put a finger to her lips.

"Well I enjoyed watching anime, but other than that no, not really.  I hated my parents for reasons I'd rather not say, and I have no living siblings.  Domarus is my only friend, though I prefer the term master,"  she said with a giggle.  When Hestia was halfway through her rant, Domarus began to mentally curse, seeing how close she was to discovering his secret.  She was real good, and it seemed that he was slipping.  This was too close, to dangerously close to his secret spilling into Aincrad.  If that happened, he'd need to go into hiding, or abandon his project and just focus on masking himself and pushing the frontlines forward so he could get out of this hellhole.  That however, was not an option for Domarus, he wouldn't have it.  He'd quicker summon Aereth or Hidden to kill her before he did anything like that.  But first, he'd try to sway her over.  And he knew just how to do so.  He'd reveal weakness, flaws, and on top of that, he'd make an attempt to make her feel guilty as well.  If that didn't work...  Well there were other players he could add to his guild in the end.  He stopped walking forward and would look into her eyes when she turned around.  If her eyes were quick enough, she'd see him biting his lip hard only a split second before he stopped, a weight seeming to linger in his eyes.

"Hestia, if you don't trust me, or if you think I'm doing something awful just please say it...  Yes I care about a good reputation, yes I attend parties and fights to be well known.  Yes I have done everything I possibly can to be seen as someone you can trust, someone you can work with.  Someone who can help, who will help, out of the goodness of his heart.  Do you know why?  Because I've made a mistake in the real world!  Surprise, I'm not perfect," he said, turning to his left, staring at the sunset, clenching his fist for a second before slowly opening it and letting his fingers drop, as if they couldn't do anything anymore.

"Before I got sucked into this world, I was afraid I could never undo my error.  After I was trapped in this place however, I found the opportunity to change.  To start with a clean slate.  I want to be the opposite.  That one incident ruined my life, but this game?  Despite how horrible it is, and how cruel and terrible Kayaba is for holding death over our heads, it has given me the opportunity to do the right thing.  To work and help and fight for everyone in this world without that one mistake holding me down.  I don't have people chaining me and dragging me down here.  I'm finally free to help people...  If you refuse to trust or believe me, I have no more to offer.  Please understand, that I do not wish to be perfect...  Just good, and I want others to see the goodness in me, and not every slight error and mistake I make, like they did in the real world."  There was a steady silence as he stood there.  Beneath the eyes that appeared pained from the past, and weary in this one, supposedly broken moment, lay a fierce fire.  All it took was one word.  Just one word to release this fire and end her swiftly.

@Hestia