[F9-PP] Unwanted Help (Telrenya) <<Bandit Camp>>

"Erin." he said once more, repeating the name before smiling yet again and respectfully bowing his head. "It's a pleasure to meet you then." Jomei turned from the woman as she went into the tent to collect her prize for completing the quest, keeping watch in case any nearby players were waiting for the bandits to be taken out so they could try to scoop up the rewards. His hand rested on the pommel of his rapier, gently tapping his fingers as he awaited Erin's return. His eyelids slowly closed over his olive orbs before taking a small breath, his chin turning to look over his shoulder, back at the masked woman in the tent. "I know what you're doing." he said before turning the rest of his body to face her. "This.. lone wolf game.. I can tell from the mask and the lack of communication." 

Slowly, the man's feet carried him into the tent, towards the woman he spoke to. His head shook from side to side, "Despite what people think, it's not easy to be a solo player.. but it would also make sense as to why you would want to. Not connecting with anyone in this world.. focusing on yourself. It would be smarter that way. Not to have to grieve over your friends dying, or anything else like that." His voice became more stern as he came to a halt, "But.. in my opinion.. you should have allies and friends to help you out in situations like this.. and to keep you from getting yourself killed." The man turned his body, running his hand through his hair, the ginger locks that fell in front of his eye being pushed onto the top of his head, before haphazardly falling back into place. "I tried the same thing.. a month or so ago.. after.. someone.. put those I cared about in danger.. someone who means the world to me.. I.. wanted to get revenge on that person, but I didn't want anyone else getting involved. So I would sneak out on my own.. try and get some experience so I could face them again.. to protect them from that dangerous man." An olive green sidelong glance returned to Erin, before the rest of his head turned to face her, "But I learned very quickly that I only would have gotten myself killed....and.." his voice lowered into a softer tone, "I.. would never have gotten to see Tel again.." After closing his eyes and sighing, he looked back at Erin with a smirk, "Look.. don't let my words stop you from doing what you want to do.. I'm just saying to be careful"

Telrenya's forearm pushed aside the burlap that hung in front of the tent's opening. She pushed the cloth aside and her eyes scanned the small space until they fell on the dark wood of a chest sitting at the back of the tent. Letting out a small, steady breath, she pulled her hand to the silver mask over her face and her gloved fingers pressed against the edges as she pulled it away. Finally feeling as though she was able to breathe freely, she hooked the mask onto a leather strap at her thigh as she knelt down in front of the chest. She had just reached forward to open the prize when Jomei's voice behind her caused her hand to freeze against the heavy wooden lid.

Her heart stopped for a split second when she heard the sound of his footsteps pass to the interior of the tent, until the Irishman was standing a couple of paces behind her and he continued. Her chest felt heavy with his words, her jet-black brows knitting together after hearing his advice.

He paused for a moment, and his next words caused Telrenya's eyes to widen slightly. Her mouth opened before she bit down on her bottom lip. She could feel a lump begin to form in her throat, a stinging at the corners of her eyes, and her heart drop to meet the knot in her stomach. She thought about turning around to face him. To tell him about everything she had done and all the times she had lied to or deceived him, and how sorry she was for all of it. She had to stop herself from doing so. Instead, her hand gripped the edge of the chest again and she pulled it open, using the other to interact with a menu and transfer the col inside into her inventory.

She retreived the mask at her leg and slipped it back over her face once again before she stood and forced herself to turn and face the man. She thought she had managed to steel herself, but as soon as her eyes found his, they dropped along with her chin. She struggled with the weight of both his words and her own actions over the past couple of weeks. 'The reason I'm doing all this...' She dwelled on the fear and concern that shot through her when he revealed that he had been doing the same as she was after their encounter with Death Adder. Though her motive was not one of revenge, she wondered if the man standing across from her would feel the same way if he knew everything she had been doing, and planned to do still.

If she had known, she would have stopped him, wouldn't she? She would have begged him not to go after that killer because it was too dangerous. She didn't want him to risk anything more than he already was, which was still enough to put her on edge. If Jomei knew... She had touched on the subject of fighting by his side once before. Despite how he had seemed willing to accept her possible decision--or perhaps those were the words they both needed at the time--she couldn't envision a scenario that didn't involve her safety only serving to distract the Irishman from his own.

She carried herself as if to walk past Jomei, but the woman stopped directly beside him, keeping herself facing forward as she spoke up with a voice a bit lower than hers would normally sound. "I understand. And... You do the same." She hesitated, but continued past him as she pushed aside one of the tentflaps to take her leave. She stopped again for just a second, her head turning to the side. "Thank you, Jomei."

Thread Complete!

• Telrenya: +2 SP, +700 col (ID#: 91545)
  • @Jomei: +1 SP, +200 col