[PP-F4] Sweets and Snowflakes

"Oh, it's not that bad." Callie spoke to the horned creature whose head was curled inward, his skull pressing against the woman's bare neck as he lay draped across her shoulders. Danesh seemed not to care for any climate that was too different from his original home of the seventh floor, and so Snowfrost was far from where the wingless dragon would prefer to be. Callie's boots left imprints in the snow as she walked, while her golden gaze traveled between the different shops and buildings that the floor housed.

It wasn't too different from the floors below it, save for the weather. The same arrays of NPC- and player-run stores, inns, taverns, and little plazas and other points of interest were present, leaving Callie to wonder if the year-round snowfall was really all that appealing. Just as she turned a corner and was considering heading back to the teleport gate at the center of town, Callie stopped short as she felt a force against her like she had run into something...short. Her attention snapped back to her front, and she looked down to spot a magenta head of hair sitting stop the girl that had just fallen to the ground with their small collision. Her eyes went wide as she registered how young the figure appeared, and she quickly pulled her hands up in front of her. "O-oh, I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" She dropped to kneel down in front of the girl, hesitating as if she wasn't sure what to do in the situation.

@Fae (ooc: I hope you don't mind me being so forward, just let me know if you would like a different set-up c: )

Fae was on her usual stroll through Snowfrost, as she always took at least one day to come through here in the week. Around this time of year, Fae's strolls in Snowfrost became more and more frequent. When summer came along, maybe that would change, but for now, Snowfrost was her play place.

Fae was skipping through the streets, weaving her way through the foot traffic, humming a little tune to herself. She was usually careful about her skipping, since just about no one could actually see her, but she was being a bit carefree today. Fae bumped into someone because of this and ended up falling face first onto the ground. Fae flipped over and sat up to see a blue haired girl kneeled down beside her asking if she was okay. "Yeah, it's okay. Fae is alright. Fae is sorry for bumping into you, usually Fae is more careful." Fae apologized as she stood up. Even standing up, Fae was only a few inches taller than the girl kneeling down in front of her.

@Calypso (ooc: Sorry for taking so long)

(ooc: no worries!)

The girl with magenta hair, referring to herself as Fae, stood up on her own. Even going so far as to apologize for the collision, Callie's expression turned a bit sour in reaction. She remained kneeling, though her hands fell and placed themselves on top of her raised leg as she quickly put on a warmer smile. "That's quite alright Fae, I wasn't watching where I was going."

Callie would have preferred not to check the color of the cursor floating above the girl's head, but once she had done so she felt a tightness in her chest. She had hoped the child was an NPC, but the green marker was an unmistakable indicator that the young girl named Fae was a player just the same as she was--a little girl who was now stuck here like everyone else. A pang of guilt hit her like a brick that had been thrown at her chest, but she did her best to keep her expression even in front of the girl. "Your name is Fae? That's cute." She asked to confirm, grasping at something to say. She never really knew how to function around children. If Fae was in the safe zone, then everything should be fine, but Callie couldn't bring herself to simply dust herself off and be on her way. "Are you...here by yourself?"

Fae nodded and accepted the girl's apology, not wanting to drag it out any further. Although the girl had a warm smile, Fae could tell almost right away that she wasn't too happy to see Fae. No one really was, and just about everyone she met felt guilty upon seeing her. Fae never really understood it, but this player was just like all of the others. Fae dusted herself off and crossed her arms, keeping a smile on her face just to not make the player in front of her any more worried than she already was.

The player asked if she was here by herself and Fae nodded her head. "Yep! Fae was just on a stroll by herself miss. Usually Fae is with her daddy, but he's busy today." Fae said as she took a step back. "What is your name miss?" Fae asked as she dusted herself off a little bit.

'Daddy?' Fae seemed to surprise Callie with every small piece of information she provided about herself. The woman still wasn't sure whether she should feel relieved that the girl had some kind of family to rely on, or concerned at who exactly that 'family' was. Perhaps it wasn't such a strange concept that a father and daughter would enter Sword Art Online together, and perhaps it was even nice in a way that they were able to live in the same space rather than separated while just one of them was trapped in the death game. The feeling of guilt eased up on her a bit, though it was still unclear what exactly she felt bad for.

Callie didn't have time to stop and wonder why her mind was so insufferably hyperactive since bumping into the girl, and it was Fae who then led the conversation, reminding her that she hadn't provided her name. "Oh! Right," She paused a moment before she would say her avatar's name, giving it half a second of thought before opting for something a little friendlier. "My username is Calypso, but you can call me Callie." She offered with a small smile, finally pushing herself up to her feet as well. Her familiar, Danesh, still rested across her shoulders, seemingly uninterested in the whole ordeal. Either that, or the air was too cold for the small dragon-hybrid's tastes. Callie was normally led by her curiosity, but it was the mixture of slight concern that had her continue to lightly prod at the conversation. "Do you mind if I ask what your daddy is busy with? Do you know when he'll be back?"

Fae listened as the girl introduced herself as Calypso, but to just call her Callie. "Okay, nice to meet you miss Callie! That's a nice name too." Fae said before bowing quickly. Fae tucked her cloak a little bit closer to herself to stay warm. It was only snowing a little bit, but Fae still didn't want any snow to get inside of her clothes. It was nearly impossible to tell, but Fae was only wearing her undies underneath the cloak. The cloak itself kept her warm enough though.

Callie then proceeded to ask what Fae's daddy was doing and when he would be back. Fae just shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. "Daddy is just out gathering materials for crafting, it's what he usually does. Fae doesn't know when he will get back though, he usually just meets Fae at his room in one of the inns at night." Fae answered as she fixed up her hair a little bit.

"Oh, that sounds nice. Do you know what kind of items your daddy makes?" Callie kept the idle chatter going with a soft smile. In the back of her head, she felt like she should leave. She didn't have a reason to hang around this little girl she didn't know, save for the apologies after bumping into her. Was it some sort of motherly instinct? Was her imagination too active and wild, leading her to think that something could happen to the girl if she was left alone?

Whatever the reason, Callie waited until Fae finished speaking again to give a half-turn in the direction the girl was facing. She gave a small tilt of her head, "Well Fae, if you were just taking a walk by yourself, do you mind if I join you? I was just exploring the city a bit myself." She asked, holding the same smile.

@Fae

Edited by Calypso