[PP - F2] Masked Figures << Long Live the Queen >>

Invious had taken a deep breath, she knew she needed to make more of a role out there gaining levels eventually defending herself or even helping progress through the game so they could make it through the game and escape to the real world. She closed up shop and headed out to the second floor, she needed to get some of these quests done, and she had Long Live the Queen in mind, however, she didn't know whether or not she could beat it or not... maybe she could ask around for a little bit of help, essentially asking to be carried through the quest. Maybe she'll meet with a cute guy to sweep her off her feet, she shook her head, as if that would ever happen. She had stayed in the main settlement looking around looking from side to side, trying to spot out a good person from the shady people or information brokers or NPC's.

@Jomei

The dark alleyways between the different shops on the far side of Urbus were usually host to a number of shady deals between players, sometimes even NPCs could be found hanging there. “Not really anything new, is there?” Jomei asked as he scrolled through a list of quest names put together by the hooded woman, the broker Jomei used for information, who stood across from him. “Not really, you guys have been sluggish with clearing floors, so its not like theres much more to be found.” The ginger let out a heavy sigh, shaking his head, “Alright, thank you anyway.” As he began to leave, the woman forcefully placed a hand on his chest, keeping him in place. “Ah ah, not so fast Jo. You know I don’t do this stuff for free, and you still need to pay up for the last few times.” Her flirtatious voice matched the smirk that pulled at the corners of her mouth, as she closed the distance between herself and the Irishman, bringing herself onto her tiptoes.

Her approach was interrupted with a teade request that appeared just in front of her face. With a sharp exhale from her nostrils, the girl lowered herself and took a step back to accept the Col payment, “Psh, no fun.” The ginger stepped from the alley with a friendly smile, “Im a taken man, Argo. Besides, don’t want to mess up our business friendship.” The woman chuckled and shook her head “You’re right.”, disappearing into the shadows behind her. 

As the duelist took a couple of steps backwards before turning around, he found himself almost crashing into a hooded woman who was walking past. “O-oh sorry. I didn’t see you there.”

Invi had looked around, however she was failing to see anyone that was worthwhile or that was even trustworthy, she had seen a ginger entering a dark alleyway which she could only assume he was up to something, she had eventually just kept looking however got no where, however a moment later the same ginger walked towards her almost crashed into her "Well I don't think its so hard to pay attention to where you are walking. Lost in thought?" she offered a smile to the man "If you wish to know who I am or why I am here, my name is Invious, and I am looking for someone to help me with a quest, simply just trying to get easy SP as one would say." she let out a small chuckle still keeping her noble voice. "However I am looking for someone trust worthy, I don't know if someone like you participating with whatever goes on in dark alleyways is quite trustworthy wouldn't you think?" she asked out to him with a smirk.

@Jomei

"Yeah, somewhat." The ginger said, rubbing the back of his hooded head, offering a small smirk to accompany his chuckle. Before the man had any chance to speak up, or make his leave, the masked woman spoke up again, introducing herself, just in case Jomei was wondering what she was doing in a part of town such as this. Well, Jomei could not lie.. this part of town usually was not frequently visited by players, especially not those looking for a friendly face to help out with a quest.. so there was a bit of wonder as to what the woman was doing here. Jomei smirked in response to Invious believing Jomei to not be of the trusting type, being he had just conducted business with another hooded stranger in a dark alley in the same part of town he mentioned was not the best. "Not to worry, just getting information about any new quests myself.. just not always a fan of sharing my source." the man lifted his hands up to his head, pushing the green hood off of his head, letting his ginger hair and pale, freckled face bathe in the sunlight yet again. "If its a quest you need help with, I would be more than happy to help. I'm Jomei, its nice to meet you Invious." 

"Somewhat, hm? Well, next time just look where you are going." she had kept looking forward, she had introduced herself because she had felt like this man was already going to ask who she is or why she even in here to begin with, so she might as well had gotten it out of the way. Invious had closed her eyes behind the mask as she had took a deep breath and let out "That's what they all say to protect their names." she shook her head, however the man had taken his hood off and revealed to be the same ginger she had seen in the store, she had looked back forward with a somewhat upset look remembering what she had found out in the store, she shook it off and said to him as he had offered to help her with the quest and said "I dunno, seems as if you had something to do with your knowledge over quests." she had looked over trying to see if there was anyone else that looked rather trustworthy, however she had gotten no where.

@Jomei

"I don't have a knowledge over quests..." Jomei responded, his voice sounding slightly pestered at this point, "I'm trying to find out more about them." The masked Invious looked around, as if trying to find someone else to help her or entertain her time. The ginger's olive eyes closed as he took in a deep inhale through his nostrils. Sure, what he was doing seemed shady to some.. but he revealed all that he was doing to the woman.. and it was not like it was anything illegal anyway. With a shrug of his shoulders, the man took a step past Invious. "Alright, if you don't want the assistance, that's fine... " he turned to look at her once more, "Just know if you're looking for help in this part of town.. you're only gonna end up with a bigger problem on your hands. Players that usually come this way are not too kind, so feel lucky it was me that found you before one of them." His eyes locked with two players in an adjacent alleyway, who seemed to be eyeing Invious from behind, large smirks on their face. He could already read the intentions the two had from the looks they help. "Come on." Jomei said, gesturing for her to follow. "If you don't want my help fine, at least let me get you out of this area and to somewhere more welcoming." 

Invious may or may not had been a little harsh against Jomei, however in a way it was quite easy to assume with the way he talked to her, she had placed a hand on her hip and said "Now now, the way you spoke to me sounded like you had some knowledge over quests and that you were busy Jomei. Maybe you are just trying to hide something... maybe you are trying to hide how many girls you hit on in secret." she threw a playful punch against the man, however she wasn't going to find anyone else trustworthy or at least that looks rather friendly than this she had said "I'll accept your help, but I wont stand to be hit on by you, maybe I will actually." she had giggled, she had coughed and got back to her royal stance and calm nature and said to him "I don't really know the full way there, do you mind showing me the way, or at least lead the way as I don't know the location of such a creature?" she asked calmly.

@Jomei

Jomei let out a heavy sigh when Invious accused Jomei of hitting on women in secret. He figured that trying to prove himself yet again was pointless, and instead it would be best for him to just ignore the whole ordeal. "Yeah.. I've completed most of the quests on these lower floors.. and I'm still looking to finish some more on the upper floors. Theres the Field Boss on this floor.. if thats what you're looking to take care of. If thats the case, I can help you." Taking back her original comments, she decided to accept Jomei's help with this quest, yet would not take being hit on by him very lightly. Jomei chuckled and shook his head, "Don't flatter yourself. I'm not some flirt thats going to hit on you. I have a special someone for that." he said, his lips curving into a smirk as he started to walk through the shady part of Urbus towards the closest gate, " Come on, I've been there enough times, so I know the way. It should not take us that long to get there." With his hands in his pockets, the ginger led the masked woman from the darker side of town to the more familiar and friendly parts of town. He was curious what the girl's story was ... she requested help with the first field boss, which meant she was lower leveled.. yet what she wore was not the starter equipment, and covered most of her face and body, save her lips. What did she want to hide at such a low level.

Invi had let out a giggle when he had sighed loudly after saying about hitting on women in secret, Invi had looked to him after and said "Can't take a joke Jomei?", eventually Jomei had said out talking about quests and how he had completed most of the quests on the lower floors, and he offered to help her with a boss to get some easy SP, Invi had politely bowed in front of Jomei and said to him "I would appreciate your help, thank you Jomei." Eventually they had began to walk however Jomei had said to not flatter herself, she had looked up to him and said "Twas only a joke, beneath this mask is someone who'd never get a relationship anyways." she looked back forward and with a somewhat sad tone she had said out to him "Thank you for your assistance again, I appreciate it." she had kept her palms together as they had walked down the path calmly and stayed rather silent for a while.

@Jomei

"I'm sorry, just been a little bit on edge lately." Jomei said with a slight frown, rubbing the back of his neck. Eventually, the duo had reached the friendlier streets of Urbus traveled by most players and NPCs. The ginger let out a soft hum of satisfaction, knowing that the two were able to traverse the shady streets on the other side of town without running into any painstaking interactions with the beggars and thugs of that region. Continuing his walk towards the main gates to the stone city, Jomei turned to look over at Invious. "So the field boss you've probably heard about on this floor is known as the Wind Wasp Queen.. She's not too tough. Usually, some players accidentally cause her to spawn after taking out a couple of smaller Wind Wasps, so she may already be floating around waiting for someone to fight her. If not, we may need to take out a few of her minions first." Jomei stopped in his tracks and turned to look at the masked woman one last time, mainly at the attire she wore. It was pretty much all cloth, no armor in sight. "Unless you have a suit of armor hiding under those robes, you may want to consider getting yourself some new gear after this is over.. in case you decide to go out on your own." The man smirked, placing his hands on his hips, "No need to worry about that now though. I can keep anything from really hurting you."

Invious had let out a small chuckle as he has said that he had been on edge, she had placed a hand on her mouth before moving it back to her other hand saying out "That's fine Jomei, we do live in quite the stressful world don't we?" she looked towards him then back on the trail that was in front of them. Eventually she had heard Jomei speaking out, the boss she was looking for was named "Wind Wasp Queen" a boss thats not too tough, however, it may be possible that it might have some minions first. Invious had shrugged and said "If that's what we need to do, then its what we need to do." she had said with a smile. However Jomei had turned to her and mainly pointed out the clothing she had been wearing, once again Invious had brought a hand up to her mouth and said "Didn't know you judged based off if people don't wear Armor, I simply want to grow levels right now to get myself out of my store, so far its just been me and my store the past few months heck maybe years. Forgot how much time has passed her to be honest with you."

@Jomei

"I'm not judging." Jomei said with a shake of his head, turning from Invious and towards Urbus' main gate, "I'm just looking out for your best interest. I've seen enough death.. I'd rather not see any more." Leaving the conversation at that, Jomei led Invious out of Urbus and from the safe zone. With hand on the handle of his rapier, which still rested in its sheath on his hip, Jomei and Invious walked to the far side of the fields, right before trees sprouted up to form the floor's vast forest. Jomei stopped and scanned the area, only seeing the smaller Wind Wasps, not the Queen. The ginger sucked his teeth, "Looks like we are going to have to draw her out, ready for a little action?" Jomei questioned, looking over his shoulder at the woman. In front of them were a mere three Wind Wasps, which Jomei speculated that taking all of them out would cause the Queen to spawn. 

"Ill take the two on the left, you get the one on the right." Jomei said as he ripped St Andrew's Bane from its scabbard, twirling it in his hand before rushing off to battle. Simply walking forward, Jomei drew the attention of two of the wasps. The first of the bugs flew at him with its stinger out, pointed towards his chest. Without much energy, Jomei simply slashed twice into its body, eliminating it from existence. The second wasp approached Jomei, also charging in for an attack, which he easily dodged by spinning to the side. 

ID 92621
BD 7(+4)

• Rip Ravine: 14 x 2  = 28 Dmg

MD 9 (Disregard due to Death)
ID 92622
MD 7(-3) Miss

Jomei: 1139/1140 - 108/110 

Wind Wasp: 0/20 - 8 DMG
Wind Wasp: 20/20 - 8 DMG

"Really?" she had said with a bit of a giggle, she knew that he simply was pointing out that he didn't want anyone dying, however it still kind of bugged her that he was pointing it out when its clear to her. He had said out to her that he was just looking out for her best interest, however Invious had shook her head and said "You must be mistaken, to me I don't care about combat. I simply wish to grow stronger that way I can to support other people especially when it comes to my profession. To be honest I don't have a care in the world with joining the front lines, however I rather care about getting the things everyone else needs." eventually time had progressed and there was some bees, Jomei had looked back to Invious and told her to take care of the one on the right she said with a fair bit of concern "I-i really can't Jomei. I don't trust my own strength at the moment."

@Jomei

Jomei looked over to see Invious standing back from the fight, shaking her head. Jomei sucked his teeth, wishing he figured that sooner, but was not too surprised. "Alright, just stay back then." he said as he quickly switched to the second target, hoping to take it out and make his way to the third Wasp before it took a liking to Invious. Quickly spinning around, Jomei was able to catch the second wasp that had attacked him off guard. With an advancing step forward, Jomei's rapier cut through the air in a swift motion, slicing through the body of the insect along the way. With the second mob turned into pixels, Jomei turned his attention to the third, that had already started moving towards Invious. Gritting his teeth, Jomei charged forward, throwing his body into the wasp and knocking it to the side. The little maneuver did not do any damage, yet got the attention off of Invious and onto him. 

ID 92651
BD 6(+4)
MD 8(-3)=5 Miss

Jomei: 1139/1140 - 107/110 

Wind Wasp: 20/20 - 8 DMG

Invious had felt as though Jomei was a little mad at her when she had said that she didn't really trust in her combat skills, like she said earlier she was looking for someone that would pretty much carry her through this quest to get some easy SP... however now shes feeling pretty bad about it. However looking forward to his attacks, he was attacking swiftly and pretty dang accurately, her eyes behind the mask had opened a bit in seeing this. She could only strive to make it to a level like that, however a part of her knows that she would end up back in her store rather than actually getting to that level. However the idea of being in a store all day and for the rest of her life here doesn't seem to be one huge bad idea. I meanm she could help everyone else that was suicidal enough to fight in the floor bosses, and she could eventually make it out of the game without needing to do much.

@Jomei 

With the last wasp now flying towards him, Jomei turned his attention to the insect. With a loud buzz, the over sized bee charged at Jomei with sluggish speeds that, at a lower level, may seem threatening, but to him was child's play. Not only that, but he had assisted with this quest so many times that he recognized all of the move sets Cardinal had given both the wind wasps, as well as the Queen herself. Jomei intercepted the wasp's stinger by pushing it away with his free hand, before ending its life with a swift two slashes with his rapier. The buzzing slowed to a halt as the de-materializing monster crashed into the ground, shattering like glass.

Jomei turned to Invious with a smirk, "And now.." Almost as if on cue, a deeper, more sinister buzzing could be heard, almost like the sounds of a helicopter, moving through the woods towards the two players. Emerging from the trees was a wasp that looked somewhat like the others, yet much larger, with an extra set of wings, and much more dangerous looking. "The Queen." he said, turning to the giant insect as if greeting an old friend. 

ID 92700
BD 2(+4) = 6

Jomei: 1139/1140 - 106/110 

Invious had kept her distance away from Jomei and the wasp's as he had fought them, she had watched him from behind and she had kept being nothing but impressed at his level of skill. Even though she would want to be at his level of skill someday, she figured to just stay in her shop and just grow in levels to basically get the materials she would need. She had sighed, her life here wasn't going to be exciting as one would think or as she would had hoped, however if it meant that one day she would be able to get out of this world. In a sense, she was being smart just being in a store most of the time. Eventually Jomei had finished off the last wasp, however he had turned back to face Invious with a smirk, then looked forward to the boss which had showed itself and said that it was basically next. Invi had continued to keep her distance away from Jomei if not taking a step back first.

@Jomei

With a couple of large steps backwards, Jomei threw himself into a backwards handspring, pushing off with his arms to create a bit more distance between himself and the Wind Wasp Queen. As his feet hit the ground, Jomei lowered himself onto one knee, glaring at the Queen from now a couple of meters away. Pushing off of the leg pressed into the ground like a spring, Jomei shot forward. His speed increased as he moved closer and closer to the Queen, before thrusting his blade forward as it began to glow in a gold aura. A single thrust from his Neutron sword art, the tip of his rapier crashed into the thorax of the Field Boss, before ripping the enemy in half. The stronger beast shattered into thousands of white pixels, all of them raining upon Jomei through the dust he had kicked up by skidding to a stop. As he rose to his feet, the man sheathed his weapon yet again, before tapping on the small screen in front of him to collect the reward from defeating the boss. 

ID 92791
BD 4(+4) 

• Neutron: 5x14 = 70 dmg

Jomei: 1139/1140 - 107/110 

Wind Wasp Queen: 0/50 - 25 dmg

Invious had kept her distance away from Jomei and the boss, she could only think about bad things that could happen between Jomei and the Wasp Queen, she had look extremely devastating and terrifying, she didn't think it would be possible for one person to take this thing down in one hit. She had watched with a bit of concern as the boss moved forward along with Jomei, however Jomei swiftly attacked the boss and reduced its HP to nothing. Invi's eyes widened behind her mask as she then felt a spike of jealousy at that point. Not only was this man handsome, but he was absolutely stunning when it came to combat making it seem like there wasn't anything he couldn't do. Invi was completely speechless, she didn't know what to say at all, she was absolutely baffled for words she was just well... for a lack of a better term, in love with this man. She had felt bad though, was it wrong to fall in love with someone in a relationship?

@Jomei

After accepting the quest's rewards for defeating the queen, the black and yellow bottle appeared in Jomei's hand. The Matriarch's Stinger was a powerful potion, increasing the damage of any weapon that one would pour its contents upon. After looking at the potion for a moment, he walked over to Invious and held out his arm, offering the reward to the woman. "Here, I have no need for it. I actually have anther one already. You can have it." Whether he took it or not, he would return his hand to his side and nod with a smile on his face. "Come on, let's get you back to Urbus." Placing his hands into his pockets, Jomei took the lead in making sure the woman got back to the floor's main settlement without facing any problems. Turning to look over his shoulder, he decided to press Invious a little more, trying to learn a little bit about the woman behind the mask. "So, you said you spend most of your time in your shop. What kind of shop do you have?"