(PP-F2) A Case of Worms... and Wolves [Hestia]

Pixel had taken too long of a break from her training as of late. Her lazy side had kicked in and she put off training for far too long. She was only level 9, she needed to keep going if she wanted to get even close to a frontliner's level of power.

Pixel was walking through the town of floor 2 on her way to the forest that she usually trained at, her katana at her side. Apart from gaining experience by killing wolves, she was also getting col from monster drops if she got lucky. Pixel had her mind on getting a new katana to replace the standard one she had, since she could use some enhancements, particularly accuracy, since Pixel didn't have the best record of hitting her target. The sun was still high in the sky, which gave her plenty of time to train. It would be more difficult to see the sun once she went into the woods, so it was important to check now. Pixel adjusted the headband in her hair and then put on her snowflake sweater on for protection and walked into the shady forest.

@Hestia

Spoiler

Pixel's Stats

Level: 9

HP: 180 EN: 18 DMG: 5 MIT: 1

I continue down the path of the road on the second floor as i keep my hands in the pockets of my vanity clothing of black in color. I gaze around the area of the second floor with a bit of a bored look as it has been a bit of a slow day for myself with most players not needing that much help, or being rather unsociable it seems like on this. I look down towards my familiar who just gives me a look back as if asking to go back as i actually think on that. I look towards the sky and nods my head. One last try if the next player we find doesn't want our help we'll go home simple as that. I tell my familiar who seems satisfied most likely confident that will be rather easy since the track record has been horrible so far. I continue to make my way to one of the exits of the town figuring i could find some player most likely about the let their be light quest their.

While walking through town i see a player that is female for certain about to exit the town as i follow this player who is going into the woods increasing my speed with each step to be able to eventually catch up to this girl. My familiar a lion with fur as white as snow and wings as black as night the size of a large dog following begrudgingly right along beside me. Hey excuse me would you like any help with what you are about to do? I ask once my voice was within range of hearing, or what i think it is within hearing hoping that my normal tone of voice is able to carry the distance between the two of us to make you stop to answer my question possibly.

@Shadowpixel

Spoiler

Level: 26  HP: 520/520   Energy: 52/52    DMG: 5   MIT: 72 

Pixel looked up at the leaves above her, not seeing a single spot where the sun could go through, only the tiniest of cracks were visible. Pixel looked around for something to fight when she heard a voice call out from behind her asking if she needed help with what she was about to do. Pixel turned around to see a blue haired girl with a white winged lion beside her. "Sure! You can come along with me, I always enjoy company when I train." Pixel said as she back over to where the girl was. The lion with the girl did not seem to be at all happy to be here, but Pixel figured they just had a long day. "You caught me right before I was about to go training. I usually just go out and take on some mobs every day to train. I stick to the lower floors for safety. So, you wanna help me out?" Pixel asked as she rested her katana on her shoulder.

Of course i would like the help. I say with a smile on my face as i extend my hand. The name is Hestia by the way and the lion beside me is my familiar Kuro. I say in a polite tone as i grin a bit liking the idea of some training as that would be some fun to just fight some mobs without it being a quest or anything of the such. 'Who knows maybe a mob with some interesting loot will appear'. I grin a bit at that thought as i then focus back to reality. So then i am a tank build so you won't have to worry that much on taking hits with me around since i will be absorbing them all like a sponge. I say with a slight chuckle as i look to your weapon and sees it isn't a weapon type that i have noticed before. As i continue observing it for a bit i grin a bit with a smile and says. I notice you got the Katana well i have the curved sword and shield combo myself. I tell you as i then snap my fingers as i open my menu and equips my armor which is a mix of silver metal and red cloth. A sword sheathed in a scabbard, and then their is my shield which has a moon on one side and the sun on the other.

Pixel grabbed the girl's hand and shook it while she introduced herself as Hestia and introduced her lion as Kuro. "Nice to meet ya Hestia! You can call me Pixel, soon to be freelance mercenary. Thanks in advance for helping me out." Pixel thanked after introducing herself and letting go of the handshake.

Pixel started to walk deeper into the shade of trees as Hestia explained that she was a tank build. "Oh, a tank? You didn't really look like the tanky type to me. But whatever your style is, you play it. I just prefer dealing damage." Pixel said as she lowered her katana to her side, prepared to strike anything that could strike at the two. Hestia commented on Pixel's katana and compared it to her sword and shield combo, which gave Pixel a small chuckle. "Well, this isn't really my best katana. That's why I'm on this floor. I just am trying to scrape up a little bit of col to get a better one." Pixel explained as she looked her basic katana over.

Well pixel it is what i do. I always try my best to help players out with whatever i can try to provide to make their lives safer in this game. I say with a grin as i follow you deeper into the treeline with my familiar at my side ready to help and defend if need be. Well looks can be deceiving pixel you can never be to certain what people's intentions could be for you or for thsoe around you.I say to you knowing their are players out their who would use anyone and everyone if it means for that one player's survival, and victory over all others. Also while you may prefer doing damage Pixel you got to have a tank partner at some point to help absorb some of the damage you are going to be taking from the mobs be it quest or ones you can get the nice loot from. I say with a grin on my face.

Also makes sense if you're going to have someone make you a Katana though i would recommend Macradon he is a really nice guy even though he is part of those Knight of Blood oath. I say with a nod of my head offering a blacksmith choice if you odn't have one currently.

Pixel nodded in understanding when Hestia had said that she was trying her best to make things safe and provide for all the lives she could. "Well, I didn't say there was anything wrong with what you were doing, all I said was that you didn't look to be the tanky type. It is admirable to try and keep everyone safe. My only goal is to fight in at least 5 boss raids. I want to be remembered as a heroic frontliner. I just need to train so I can get there. I won't manipulate my way there, unlike some red- Actually, I just like to keep a sense of honor, so I won't cheat to the top, the same with you right?" Pixel said as she looked around her surroundings to make sure no mobs were by them. Hestia then recommended a blacksmith by the name of Macradon to make a katana, and Pixel nodded her head. "I'll check him out sometime when I work up enough col." Pixel responded. She spotted what looked to be a giant worm, but it wasn't anywhere near them, so Pixel just let it slide for now.

@Hestia

Edited by Shadowpixel

I chuckle a bit as i do nod my head understandingly as my looks don't give the impressions of a tank player. However, even with that it's my personality and beliefs that led me down this path. To be a protector rather then a sword being how i have always lived, so to me it is only natural to want this type of life. At the mentioning of frontlines i do turn my head to you. Shadow while it is nice to wish to be a heroic frontliner. Their might be things that could impede such a process, or well not be seen as a hero in the end. However, i am curious when you say manipulative person with red. Tell me their name. I ask with a look one that is utterly serious on knowing who this potential person could be. Wanting to hear my answer before anything else, and not going to back down till i hear such a thing. Wanting to know if it is the person i think it is that is being talked about. Once i get a name i would say. I don't cheat to the top only protect and fight my way their through my own merits and gains.

Pixel never really thought of how her build either and how she looked with her build. Pixel thought she fit the pure damage type kind of well, at least it fit better than Hestia as a tank. It bothered Pixel just a tiny bit that Hestia was calling her Shadow. "Umm, can you please not call me Shadow? Just about anything else works. I kinda regret making Shadowpixel my username. I guess I was just feeling edgy at the time." Pixel requested, chuckling a little bit.

Hestia then brought up that there were things that could impede her reaching her goal, and make her not seem like a hero. "Yeah, I'm aware of that. That's why I'm careful about how I treat others. I always have to wear a smile and keep my patience with everyone. Just one little mistake can ruin your reputation. And as far as the red person, that was a long time ago. I think it was an NPC. All I remember was the red hair and that they tricked me into doing some work for free. It was so long ago, I can hardly remember." Pixel responded as she looked around even more. The deeper they got into the forest, the smaller Pixel started to feel. The trees were getting taller and taller. It's like this area was designed to make you feel small. The giant worm monsters that were starting to become more frequent helped that feeling. Although the worms were still at a distance, it was getting Pixel a little nervous. "Hey Hestia, is it just me, or does it feel like we're getting smaller?" Pixel asked.

I chuckle a bit as i nod my head at that. You got it Pixel the queen of edge. I say in a joking tone with a smile as we continue walking through this forest as i keep my hands on my sword and shield ready to act at a moments notice. be with a regular floor mob or possible a worse solution a loot mob that could possibly be to much for Pixel. At hearing the reputation thing i frown a tiny bit and says. Pixel don't let others opinions warp how you act. Act how you should not how others deem you should to try and get in good with them. Not everyone is out to get you to try and murder. Only those criminals in the laughing coffin are those sorts of types. Anyone else probably only killed out of self-defense or to kill the killers. I say calmly as i hear it is a NPC possible, but i know i can't let it slide since it was a long time ago. Does the name Domarus ring a bell to you? He is a person with red hair and usually has a girl at his side that acts like a servant. I ask you seriously.

As we continue through the forest seeing it get darker slightly as the trees get taller which enables more sunlight to be blocked. I see the worms in the distance as i just nod my head at nothing figuring that it is just a fear tactic created by Cardinal. Hearing your question i shake my head no. No i don't Pixel. This is just a way of creating the illusion of becoming smaller. To instill fear into players to make them make mistakes. By having the trees get bigger and the monsters get bigger it creates the illusion of becoming smaller. You just have to work on knowing their are more frightening creatures out their and then all of this becomes nothing to you. I say with a encouraging smile as i look towards you.

Pixel laughed a little bit at Hestia calling her the queem of edge. "I'm not that edgy, but my username is just a curse on me at this point. It will always remind me of my younger self." Pixel said as she looked up. The light was getting dimmer and dimmer as they went on.

Hestia brought up someone named Domarus and asked if that was familiar and Pixel shook her head. "I've never heard him, but I'll make sure to stay away from him. Thanks for the warning." Pixel thanked as she started to hum a little tune to herself. Hestia told her not to let others affect how she acted, and Pixel shook her head. "Nah, I like being happy all the time honestly. It's better than being sad all the time." Pixel said as she turned around and flashed a smile at Hestia.

Hestia then explained that the way everything was getting bigger was just a scare tactic and Pixel nodded. Just after that, Pixel nearly tripped on a leaf. She raised it up and turned it towards Hestia. "Yeah, they did a good job at that. This leaf is about as tall as me. I'm not really scared or anything, it just gives me a weird feeling." Pixel said as she set the leaf down.

I grin a bit as we continue making our way through the forest as i wait for a monster to show up and try to attack as it is unusually peaceful for a place meant to instill fear as it seems like this place has. Then their is the fact their are giant worms within view that aren't attacking in any manner that is obvious. Unless their is one or two burrowing through the ground for a surprise attack. 

As you said you don't recognize the name i frown hoping that was him to give me total confirmation that is his true nature rather then just the hunch that  i have about him. I sigh a bit sadly at that knowing i will have to look elsewhere to try to find answers that will support my idea. I turn to my familiar to see how he is doing as i just see my familiar flying with the wings he has as i pat his head with a smile as he just lets out a low growling sound. Well that is true enough Pixel being happy is better then being sad, and i guess it can be considered your younger self it has almost been a year since we've been trapped in this game. I say with a small chuckle as i then see you trip on a leaf causing me to laugh a bit at that as i quickly wave a single hand back and forth. Sorry, sorry i shouldn't be laughing. I say as my laughter dies down to just small chuckling.

Pixel was getting more and more nervous as time went on, since nothing was attacking them yet. "Either this is just a peaceful area, or the game is purposely just building things up to try and make us nervous. Probably the latter is the case, since this isn't a safe zone. Of all the parts of this forest I chose to train in, of course this is the place we end up." Pixel said as she looked at all the worms. They all suddenly went into the ground at once, which was a little strange to Pixel.

As they walked, Hestia brought up that they had been in the game for a year now and Pixel's smile faded slightly. "Yeah, it really has been that long. Time flies fast. I still prefer to stay happy. But it's okay to laugh, I just tripped." Pixel said as she tried to spot any more worms. All of them had gone underground, and it gave Pixel an uneasy feeling. "Be on guard, I don't know where the worms went. They might strike now." Pixel warned as she started to raise her katana.

@Hestia

Edited by Shadowpixel

I continue walking along you as i notice the the peace is quite unnerving also since this area is for sure not peaceful if the giant worms are anything to go by from how we can see them in the distance. I would have to agree with you Pixel this place seems to silent from what we can see of this place. I say as i stop moving as i see the worms burrow under the ground as i turn my head to you. Prepare for the fight Pixel we don't know when or where they will come. I say as i keep my eyes on the ground and my senses to hear when anything could come up to attack. My familiar taking to the sky as i nod my head knowing the reason is reconnaissance to make sure nothing else comes towards the fight.

I know they can lets get ready for anything and everything. I say seriously as i wait the tension in the air from the wait and anticipation of when and where these things could come from. They didn't disappoint as only one bursts from the ground though right in front of us as i nod my head. Prepare yourself Pixel it is time. Come here you worm! I yell at the thing before dashing away from you as i move in a arc around it to get its attention off of you. Having activated Howl to make sure i would be its sole focus.

[H:4]  Hestia: 520/520   ENG: 42/52  Howl=-10 ENG      MIT: 72 l 5 DMG l   Thorns: 14 DMG (MD rolls: 6-8)

[H:0]  Pixel   ?/?     ENG: ?/?     (stats)

man-eating worm: 260/260    DMG: 78

Pixel watched Kuro fly up above them while Hestia told her to get ready for the worms to come. There wasn't much time to get ready at all though as a worm that had been burrowing beneath them popped out of the ground just seconds after and it was quite clear it wanted to kill and eat them.

Pixel drew her katana and prepared to strike while Hestia yelled at the worm to get it's attention. As soon as it was turned away and focused on Hestia, Pixel darted at the worm and jumped up to try and slash at it's head. Pixel raised it high and swung, but she missed and ended up rolling onto the ground. She stood right back up after rolling and gripped her katana. "Sorry, it just appeared so suddenly, I lost my focus for a moment." Pixel apologized as she moved a distance away from Hestia so she could tank the hit.

[H:4]  Hestia: 520/520   ENG: 42/52 MIT: 72 l 5 DMG l Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:0]  Pixel 180/180   ENG: 16/18   MIT: 1 I 5 DMG I Battlehealing (9 HP per turn)

man-eating worm: 260/260    DMG: 78

ID: 92514 BD: 2 MD: 3

@Hestia

Edited by Shadowpixel

I finish moving as i get my shield up and my sword ready to attack as i watch you move from in my peripheral vision towards the enemy as i focus back on the beast instead of seeing its health lower their is nothing as i hear you say the reason why as i just nod my head not giving you a single look since my enemy is the one in front. To look away for a second could mean doom depending on how strong this creature is. I watch the worm move quickly trying to slam into me as it opens its monstrous mouth. Seeing this i quickly run towards the left of it dodging the attack as it burrows through the ground once more as the tremors are felt from it doing so before it pops out of the ground once more close to me. I nod my head as i focus once more on a sword art that i frequently use at this point. I dash forward to the worm and slashes once along its chest. One! Quickly spinning i attack once more creating a X formation. 2! I toss my blade into the air as Kuro picks the blades up in his teeth before striking the eyes of the worm. Blinding! Kuro drops my sword back into my hand before taking to the skies once more as i back away from the stunned worm as i nod to you. Now is the chance to attack. It's stunned! I call over to you with a grin.

#92520  BD: 9 (paralyze proct)  CD: 10  (+1 energy do to having enhancement recovery)(+1 energy do to natural energy regen)   +3 hate (+2 do to crit +1 do to taunt)

Rising Sun: 6x3=18  DMG   -6+2=-4 ENG

[H:7]  Hestia: 520/520   ENG: 38/52 MIT: 72 l 5 DMG l Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:0]  Pixel 180/180   ENG: 16/18   MIT: 1 I 5 DMG I Battlehealing (9 HP per turn)

man-eating worm: 242/260    DMG: 78   (Stunned/paralyze next attack doesn't go through 3/3 cool down till next stun)

• 3 weeks later...

I sigh softly seeing that he girl seemed to have been caught up in fear as i look towards this creature glad that at the very least i have its undivided attention at me which would make sure the girl would never be involved in this fight. Which leaves me the one to try and make sure that i don't end up dying in this fight. I look towards my familiar and nods my head to my partner as i can only hope i can kill this strong mob that seems to be matching my level in terms of its strength. I just sigh softly and get back into the fight that is awaiting me as i look at the giant worm just thankful the paralyze had activated at that moment providing a rather god opening to attack it. I quickly try to strike the enemy as fast as i can as i go for a triple strike at it with bear knock, but it dodges each of my attacks with ease and flexibility that a creature without a spine could only have before it slams into my armor making me slide along the ground as i stare at it with a small grin seeing its health tick away a tiny bit.

#93230  BD: 2   MD: 6   78-72=6 DMG    Thorns DMG: 14  CD: 7

[H:7]  Hestia: 514/520   ENG: 36/52 MIT: 72 l 5 DMG l Thorns: 14 DMG

man-eating worm: 228/260    DMG: 78  

1/3 stun works again.

I look upon the creature as i turn to my familiar who is guarding the frightened girl who isn't even moving after her initial attack for whatever reason. I just nod thanking my familiar for trying to protect the girl encase the worm does something dangerous and reckless with what it is capable of doing potentially. I just hold my blade as i focus on its movements this time before dashing forward towards the woman as i side step out of it trying to devour me with its giant worm like mouth. I then quickly turn to face it and then dashes forward slicing along its body that it has allowed to be close to the ground when it tried to devour me whole like i am such worm among birds. After the attack i back away, and notices it is not moving as i grin a bit at the seeming paralyze working to prevent the creature from actually attacking me for the next turn.

#93232  BD: 8   MD: 5    Bear knock: 20 DMG  paralyzed proct do to 8  CD: 4

[H:7]  Hestia: 514/520   ENG: 33/52 MIT: 72 l 5 DMG l Thorns: 14 DMG

man-eating worm: 208/260    DMG: 78  

2/3 stun works again.

I look at the unmoving worm that is struggling to try and move to get out of its position that it finds itself in as i just grin finding this a golden opportunity to try and attack the worm that can't move and stop me from destroying it with my sword art once more. I quickly run forward towards the paralyzed creature and continues striking the worm as my sword sparks once more as i finish the four slashes along the worm's body which would've created a wonderful x formation if the injuries always stayed on the creature as they are inflicted. I then quickly backs away from the creature and sees the worm spark once more showing that it can't move at all as i just chuckle at this creature's inability to have even a single chance to strike me do to my paralysis strikes.

#93233  BD: 10 (paralyze activates again) 5+2=7x4=28   CD: 11     MD: (is paralyzed doesn't matter) 

[H:12]  Hestia: 514/520   ENG: 32/52 MIT: 72 l 5 DMG l Thorns: 14 DMG

man-eating worm: 180/260    DMG: 78 

I grin as i hold my blade once more hoping that i could possibly get a triple paralyze on this creature possibly as i quick move forward towards it once more adding another line along the previous x area to try and form a start slowly with my attacks against the worm enjoying myself immensely at just creating images by my attacks on this annoying helpless creature that thought it could attack myself and get away with such a thing without a fight coming from me.  However, after this attack barrage ends the worm looks towards me as i chuckle seeing that he triple paralyze didn't happen, but at the minimum it has stopped the creature from ever looking elsewhere but her. I just wait for the worm to try and attack me to only fail miserably in the end, or if it does to just be hit by my thorns. I just smile feeling confident i can make it out of this alive especially since its health bar looks like it is approaching the midway point.

#93235  BD: 7  CD:8  MD: (paralyzed doesn't count.)  Bear knock: 20 DMG

[H:14]  Hestia: 514/520   ENG: 30/52 MIT: 72 l 5 DMG l Thorns: 14 DMG

man-eating worm: 160/260    DMG: 78