[F17-PP] Bonds through Battle -Hestia and Domarus-

Domarus turned swiftly and shot forward, aiming to free Hestia of that monster.  Seeing the creature tear at his throat however.  It recalled a memory of a player, the pink haired one.  The only player besides Keres who liked Domarus for who he was, past his cruel personality.  She had been taken by a guild he destroyed earlier.  They used potions to control her mind and turned her into a slave, abusing and harassing her.  Literally torturing her for their own amusement, and even commanding her to harm herself.  This created a spark.  And if Hestia was very, very observant she would see that spark in his eyes.  He released a sword art, crescent avalanche, knocking the monster off of her.  But not before it got one last hyper critical hit on her.  The first strike was to knock the monster away from her.  Then he released not one, not two, not five, not ten.  But a hundred hacks and cleaves at the monster, shattering it's crystals into a hundred more, and so forth.  The final strike had nearly created a shockwave loud enough to hurt the ears, but not quite that loud.  He turned to Hestia, the spark void and gone.

"Are you alright?"  He asked, knowing the question was pointless, and even Hestia could see that he knew the question was pointless.  Yet he asked it anyways.

ID#  93457  BD:  7  MD:  10  15x7=105 dmg

ID#  93458  CD:  3  LD:  6  = 1,110 col, 1 mat.

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch Domarus move forward and let him hit the Harpy off and away from me. Having noticed something for a moment, but couldn't get a very clear read do to a harpy being an annoyance and nuisance. However, seeing the brutal display next of over one hundred attack and then the creature being destroyed. i can only look at this man with curiosity. Knowing their was more to that attack rather then just saving her. That was a bit over kill to kill a mob that was practically on its last leg of health when comparing it to the damage this man can do. Am i alright? Let me ask you that. 'Their was more to that attack then just simply freeing me'. Was a bit overkill don't you think? Have anything you want to say to get it off your chest armored, calculative, and ...red headed. I say struggling to find a third adjective to try and convey a joking meaning, and avoid any hostilities. Wanting to figure out what i saw, and why their was that overkill on that enemy.

He had replaced indifference, suspicion, and outright refusal to pay him any mind with curiosity and interest.  And all it took was a single action.  The problem was, the action was a slip up.  And the only way out of it was the truth, and truth alone...  Of course he didn't need to share the entire truth.  Only just enough.  He was silent for a moment after she was done speaking.

"There was a moment.  When that creature attacked your throat directly.  When I was reminded of someone.  Someone I ended up saving from a guild who used a potion to turn her into a mindless slave.  They abused her, used her, and even had her torture herself for their own amusement.  I saved the girl in the end, but had to work with others to destroy that guild.  When I said I wish to protect those who cannot protect themselves I meant it Hestia."  This time, his voice would hold no emotions.  It was the kind of voice when someone was filled with so much pain, possibly sorrow or anger, that they couldn't forward that emotion into their voice.  What irritated and infuriated Domarus most was that this was what was really going on in Domarus.  That girl was the one who had done the impossible.  She got Domarus to care for her.  And because of that she became a weakness to him.  She herself was not his weakness, but their connection was close to what his true fault was.  And unfortunately.  He had no way to fix this anytime soon.  The stronger you become, the greater your weakness he believed.  Keres was watching this by the children.  She would be looking forward to her beating when they returned to their shop...  Or at least watching Domarus destroy a mob without the eyes of others watching his every movement like Hestia here.

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus

I simply nod my head satisfied with the answer for now. Knowing their could be details left out since their are pieces missing. Like what was the relationship between this girl and yourself. However, that can be dug up another time to try and find such things. 'If anything this proves he isn't devoid of all emotions and calm 24/7. It does however make me curious where the link between me and that girl were.' I think to myself as i look at this player. Just rest for a bit Domarus your energy is depleted. Also i am surprised there are players who could divulge in such things, but at the sametime it is not all that surprising to see how players are mimicking society outside. Laughing Coffin as terrorism practically, those players basically doing the equivalent of human trafficking. Some guilds rising to be like a police force, others being like just simple people forming groups to try and help their community. Then the innocent players who are blind to all of this. Makes you wonder if all humans are capable of us is just repeating their mistakes over and over again. I say a bit softly not really apologizing after that as i usually would for getting to introspective. Just feeling ever so slightly defeated at the realization. That no matter how much good is done no matter how peaceful a world can be. Their will always be humans working against it, and repeating the mistakes of the past.

Domarus wouldn't have cared about the guilds or what they did if it weren't for a few things.  The first was that they had taken the one person in this world who accepted Domarus' true self.  That was unforgivable.  The second was that it was nothing more than disgusting and revolting, and they crossed the line when they made their deeds public.  The third was that he was able to use their organization to make Hidden and Aereth his official Generals.  Regardless of the reasons, two out of five of the guilds were destroyed, purged.  Never to return in any way.  When Hestia finished her words Domarus sighed as he walked over.

"The human race is a stumbling mess.  We like to think that we learn from our mistakes, yet if you look through history that statement is proven false.  All we do is invent new technology, and new ways to destroy, humiliate, and torment ourselves.  America is no better.  Just like in Rome, we are spiraling downwards, plummeting into the concept of an empire.  Rome started out as a democracy, but the length of time that lasted was a blink of an eye compared to the time Rome stood as a massive Empire that conquered most of the known world.  Can you imagine what would happen if America repeated the process?  I wouldn't doubt a third world war to occur."  He sat down as the kids started making their way back over.

@Hestia

I just nod my head easily able to picture a world where America would try to follow in the steps of Rome and try to conquer the entire world. An attempt that wouldn't last long once the word got out to anybody really, and then having a massive battle between one country and the entire world. I could only hope that it would end that way, and that nobody would be dumb enough to side with a country trying to attempt world domination quite blatantly for itself and for nobody else's benefit. Well even if that happens not much can actually be done at this point to  stop that downward spiral of a government. The number of people wishing for corruption and such will stay within their little thrones of power, and they will continue to remain in their power because even if a few people who wish well trickled in they would be out voiced by the ones who are corrupt and money loving. I say with a bit of a sigh of frustration as i continue to look on the darker side of how the world can work rather then the more positive and optimistic side of things. Myself not even taking note of the children coming back over.

There was a way to stop that from happening of course.  And that was if Domarus did it first.  He would rule America, and he didn't doubt that he could conquer more as well.  He may not be able to rule the eastern, and western sides of the earth, at least not in his lifetime.  But he could certainly take his pick.  He already had the upper hand in America what with it's crippling government as well as the fact that he was born here, therefore possessing a head start on his plans.  Of course he wouldn't be telling Hestia any of this, but was in fact just going over it in his mind another time.  He enjoyed going over his plans and plots, no matter how manny times he did.  He loved the feeling of being in power.  He enjoyed and nursed the idea of being the one in charge, the one who makes the rules and laws.  Nothing would stop him.  Nothing.  For the moment however he needed to focus on Hestia and the children.  He smiled sadly.

"If I can get all of us out of here, I promise you that I won't let such a thing happen.  You have my word Hestia."  With that he turned around to the children and grinned.

"Anything is possible after all, isn't that right Andrea?"  Andrea blushed and giggled a little when he rubbed the top of her head, gently so as not to harm her with his metal glove.  He turned to Keres next.

"Keres?  You left the child to his own feelings after Hestia asked you to, right?"  Keres nodded, seeming only slightly dejected that Domarus was fortifying what Hestia had said.

"Of course master."

@Hestia

I just chuckle in amusement as i hear that you could somehow stop all of this from happening as i look back up at you, and is going to retort before i see the children as i then go silent. Not wishing for them to hear me being overly negative. Instead i just quickly force myself to smile which weirdly seems very genuine and actually happy rather then the dark thoughts i think. I then look over towards the little girl and smiles a bit glad to see the children are doing safe at the moment. I then look over to Keres and nods my head to the girl who left the children along at the very least. So then what's next Domarus? Are we going to kill some more monsters for the loot they can bring, or do you think that is enough for the day? I ask out of curiosity not really knowing when the best time to stop would be.

Domarus had the feeling that their conversation wasn't over just yet, but he was making progress bit by bit.  He nodded to her and pulled his massive battle ax from his inventory once again.  He wanted to hack some more mobs, thoroughly this time so that they'd have more col.  Domarus certainly needed it for a guild hall.

"I say we take on one more group.  But this time, it will be us who does the surprise attack," he said with a chuckle.  He turned to the children and Keres.

"I'd like you two to be out and observe this round.  Keres, keep them safe, Rhozarth you do the same.  Don't let the monsters get near those two."  Rhozarth had been looking forward to fighting some of the mobs himself, but he had his orders and he would keep to them.  The flaming dragon flew over to Keres' shoulder and they began to walk, Domarus a good ways ahead so that if/when he encountered mobs the children would not be within their aggro range.  Soon enough they stumbled upon a group of four monsters.  Half women half snake with spears in their hands.  This would be good practice for if he ended up fighting someone with an actual spear for a weapon.  Domarus activated charge and prepared to lay waste to them.  He activated Explode Catapult, and while he managed to hit two and land a critical hit on the third, the last one managed to see what he was doing and blocked his attack, knocked back from the shockwave.  The first to monsters jabbed back in the attempt to get revenge but Domarus didn't really notice their attacks.

[H:2] Domarus - 645/760 - 48/76
[H:0] @Hestia - 520/520 - 52/52

15+5x14=266 dmg
15+6x14=280 dmg

111-54=57 dmg
112-54=58 dmg
Total dmg to Domarus:  115 dmg

ID#  93854  BD:  3+3=6  MD:  9
ID#  93855  BD:  9  MD:  6
ID#  93856  BD:  5+3=8  MD:  5
ID#  93857  BD:  2+3=5  MD:  5

Serpent 1:  104/370 - 111 dmg
Serpent 2:  90/370 - 111 dmg
Serpent 3:  104/370 - 111 dmg
Serpent 4:  370/370 - 111 dmg

Edited by Domarus

I nod my head in understanding of the plan as i grin a bit wondering how many mobs will be this time around, and just how long they will last in this fight. Since from how things are going this will just be a piece of cake that won't be a problem at all for either player since tanking the damage is rather easy, and Domarus is able to deal out enough damage to kill the monsters with only two hits depending on his energy stores. I can only hope that the luck doesn't run out, and he somehow manages to mess up enough that he uses up all his energy before finishing the fight. Got it Domarus you go into attacking the creature and i will draw in their hate by using howl depending on the amount of them. I say with a grin upon my face as we then go out to find such creatures. After walking for a bit i grin a bit spotting the four gorgon like beings that are their. 'Hmmm i wonder if this floor's boss was like Medusa, or a Hydra. That would've been interesting to see.' I think to myself as i watch Domarus quickly move in and knock down most of the gorgons health. I just quickly move in and activate howl and then quickly moves in a way to have them be looking entirely away from Domarus. Knowing that even the smallest little advantage by drawing creature's focus away from the actual threat is useful.

[H:2] @Domarus645/760 - 48/76
[H:16]Hestia - 520/520 - 42/52  -10 ENG do to Howl

Serpent 2:  90/370 - 111 dmg
Serpent 3:  104/370 - 111 dmg
Serpent 4:  370/370 - 111 dmg

He watched as Hestia ran in to aid him, this time less emotionless and robotic as she had started, and more like a teammate.  He grinned under his helmet as he knew he was making progress with her.  In one manner or another, she would be his.  She had moved forward and used the howl skill, drawing the attention of the mobs her way.  With that attention moved, he was able to proceed to fighting the monsters without worry of damage, though that really wasn't his concern.  He could have soloed these mobs if he was honest, the only concern was his energy and that was it.  With Hestia here however, he may not need to worry about energy.  He released Explode Catapult yet again, this time missing the first of the mobs, and striking instead the rest of them. Killing mobs two and three, as well as damaging the fourth mob.  He turned to Hestia.

"If you can focus on the first mob and try and lower it's health and kill it, I can focus on ending this one!  It will conserve my energy easier that way rather than wasting it all on two remaining mobs!"  The only issue here was that two of the mobs had landed a hit on Hestia, but it wasn't much of a concern.  She was playing tank after all.

ID#  93881  BD:  2+3=5  MD:  5
ID#  93882  BD:  9  MD:  10
ID#  93883  BD:  6  MD:  1
ID#  93884  BD:  6  MD:  6

Loot rewards

Mob 2 ID:  93892  CD:  9  LD:  9  +1 MAT, 1,480 col
Mob 2 ID:  93895  CD:  10  LD:  10  +1 MAT, 1,480 col

15x14=210 dmg

111-74=37
113-74=39
Total dmg:  76

[H:4] @Domarus - 645/760 - 20/76
[H:16] @Hestia - 444/520 - 44/52

Serpent 2:  0/370 - 111 dmg
Serpent 3:  0/370 - 111 dmg
Serpent 4:  180/370 - 111 dmg

Edited by Domarus

I nod my head in understanding as i go to face the last two Gorgon like beings as i grip my sword once more wishing i had something like bleed to help me out with this fight. However, that is in the past at the moment, and nothing else could really change that. I focus on the mob with lower health and quickly goes to attack it figuring that hopefully my trusty sword art can pull through for this one. However, it seems like being able to hit the enemy isn't on my ability to actually do it seems like. Cause once more just like the harpy from earlier i miss my attack upon the first gorgon as it easily smacks my sword away with the spear of its weapon. After the failure i quickly just back away once more away from them, and more so making sure they don't focus upon you. Well seems like that won't happen anytime soon. Hopefully you have something for taking out these things Domarus, or we could be here for awhile which is obviously not favorable. I say in slight frustration.

#93896  BD: 4  CD: 12

[H:4] @Domarus - 645/760 - 20/76
[H:16] @Hestia - 444/520 - 40/52

Domarus watched as Hestia failed her attack, mainly thanks to the monster's intelligence and parrying skills.  The first gorgon was pissed off with her attack and slashed it's claws at Hestia's torso, dealing forty one damage instead of thirty nine thanks to a hypercritical.  The second gorgon tried to tried to attack her but Domarus had rushed in and swung his ax, the flat of it knocking the monster's claws away.  He then released the sword art Ordinal Cleave, carving the first gorgon in half with a single blow.  The fourth one however, managed to dodge the blow...  Barely that is.  Regardless he failed to deal the final blow and now his energy was far too low for him to do anything.  Four energy would get him nowhere.  He grit his teeth beneath his helmet and landed a fierce and powerful punch that would have knocked the creature firmly into the cliffside.  If the gorgon hadn't dodged that attack too.  He was too weak to swing his massive ax so he continued to keep the monster at bay with his fist blows.
    "Hestia!  Keep this guy off me!  I'm going to attempt to leave the battle in order to regenerate energy faster.  When I do this creature will regret dodging my blow..."

ID#  94075  BD:  3+3=6  MD:  10
ID#  94076  BD:  1  MD:  5

15x8=120 dmg

111+2-72=41 dmg

[H:4] @Domarus - 645/760 - 4/76
[H:16] @Hestia - 403/520 - 40/52

Serpent 1:  0/370 - 111 dmg

Edited by Domarus

sigh softly at hearing that your energy is done as i find myself really wishing i had that energy sharing mod to avoid dealing with this. However, i can only nod my head at that knowing that i can't do anything besides try to stall for time. Got it Domarus try to get back into the fight quickly if possible. I call over as i quickly then dash towards the harp intending on a para stun combo hopefully if all goes well. I move in towards the harpy and slice at its body twice in quick succession as it tries to fly into the air as i look over towards my familiar as i throw my sword into the air. My familiar Kuro quickly coming in and grabbing the sword in his mouth and slicing the harpy's eye stunning it as Kuro then drops the sword from its mouth back into my hands as i grin at the successful para stun once more.

#94259  BD:9   Stun+paralyze   Rising sun=5+1x3=18 DMG  CD:9  (+2 eng total) -6+2=-4

[H:4] @Domarus645/760 - 4/76
[H:16]Hestia - 444/520 - 36/52

Serpent 4:  162/370 - 111 dmg  Paralyzed/Stunned

Domarus nodded to her in complete agreement.  If energy and sword arts weren't a thing, he would have torn the creature to shreds with his bare hands here and now.  The Gorgon tried to strike at Hestia when she swung at it, Kuro aiding in the attack, successfully stunning the creature.  The half serpent let out an unearthly cry as it tried to remove the blade and once successful tried to lash out blindly, while failing.  When it tried to lift up from the ground, Rhozarth shot down from the air from nowhere, causing a minor tremor near where it hit the gorgon's torso.  His talons dug into it's chest and roared at the creature, daring it to try rising from the earth again.  What Hestia had missed, though Kuro may not have, was that the gorgon had made one last attempt to stop Domarus, flinging a well aimed stone that caused him to tumble.  He had made it back to his feet quickly, but he wasn't far enough away from the battle to be considered out of combat, and thus his energy only increased by the usual one point.  He cursed silently under his helmet as he doubled his pace.  The flaming dragon would wait until he was far enough away before letting go of the monster.

ID#  94298  LD:  11+3=14  Partial success

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus

I nod my head seeing that you're heading off towards escaping from this situation as i look over towards the gorgon who is paralyzed and stunned unable to move as i grin and holds my blade once more prepping to do the sword art once more. 'Hopefully this all goes well.' I think to myself as i quickly in towards the spear wielding gorgon going to put immobilize it once more. I quickly move towards the gorgon and continues the attack slicing at he gorgon and lowering its health slowly once more as it is unable to act as i quickly slice at its eyes once more as i then back away from the gorgon with a grin. Glad to have another turn of no damage towards me as i look towards my familiar who flies over towards me and waits at my side watching and waiting.

#94308  BD:6  CD: 6  (+2 ENG total)   5x3-15   -4 ENG

[H:4] @Domarus645/760 - 4/76
[H:16]Hestia - 444/520 - 32/52

Serpent 4:  147/370 - 111 dmg  Stunned

Domarus didn't bother looking back until he was a good enough distance away.  When he did he turned around to look at the battle.  No one could see his eyes, but they were burning with hatred.  Hatred that the system had to put him through such a humiliating scenario as this, where he had no choice but to retreat...  Specifically so that he could actually attack again.  His eyes narrowed at the gorgon that was paralyzed yet again by Hestia.  Rhozarth had appeared beside Domarus again, landing on his shoulder.  He tightened his grip around the handle of his massive war ax as he stared at what was going on.

"Make sure he stays still."  Rhozarth shot off immediately, bursting into such a fury of flame that he became a living fireball.  When the monster finally did get up, Rhozarth slammed into it, knocking it into the cliffside again, lodging it in the stone.  While Rhozarth had been doing this, Domarus prepared a running start.  Right before he used the charge skill, Rhozarth gave out a cry that could easily be translated as an order to both Hestia and Kuro.  And that order, plain as day, was get the hell out of the way.  When they did, Domarus would activate the charge skill.

ID#  94314  LD:  11+4=15  Success

[H:0] @Domarus - 645/760 - 30/76 +25
[H:16] @Hestia - 444/520 - 32/52

Serpent 4:  147/370 - 111 dmg  Stunned

Edited by Domarus

I grin at the attack landing as i see the dragon still holding down the gorgon as i then look back towards you and sees you in a position that looks like a charge as i just leave it be figuring that it would be for my better health to not get in the way of this. With that i back away and sits down on the ground to watch the inevitable attack that will connect to the gorgon and ends it life. I look over towards my familiar and gently pet his head not caring much at all about getting involved this turn since i trust that you will take out the enemy with a single strike this time. I look around the area and spots the children, and Keres watching from a distance as i see them completely safe. I then look back to the attack that is about to come as i open up my inventory and puts away my shield and sword totally confident that the battle will be finished with this attack.

Domarus watched as Hestia moved away, but not before the Gorgon had picked up a rather large rock and thrown it at Hestia, landing a hyper critical before Rhozarth slammed the arm back into the stone with it's claw, bathing the monster in intense flames before shooting off the beast.  The gorgon recovered it's vision but very quickly wished it hadn't.  Domarus was faster than a shooting star as he charged at the gorgon, his feet never touching the ground as he glided, nearly flew, towards the monster.  He swing his ax so harshly that there was a rather large gash in the cliffside as the aftermath.  The monster shattered and the loot menu popped out again.  Apparently the previous mob that died gave them nothing but the usual one thousand one hundred and ten col.  The next one had dropped one bonus mat along with the col.  He turned to Hestia and the children.

"Well, with that out of the way.  Do you wish to continue Hestia or should we take a break for today?"  Rhozarth flew by Kuro when he was returning to Domarus, and he hoped the familiar knew to not cross the dragon after that display of strength just now.

@Hestia

ID#  94317  BD:  4+3=7  MD:  10  (mobs dead, Hestia gets a bit of damage)

ID#  94318  CD:  4  LD:  3
ID#  94319  CD:  2  LD:  10

Total Loot:  5,920 col, 4 MAT, 1 Rare Weapon

Edited by Domarus

I just nod my head at that in understanding as i hold my sword within one hand, and my shield within the other not wanting to stop this grinding since i need the mats desperately along with getting the nice COL bonus is always appreciated. No rest for the weary Domarus the day is still youngish, and their is much we can get done within this time. I say in a determined tone of voice wanting to get those mats to be able to make the appropriate song crystals to make very much so better versions of those songs i can create right now. Kuro just looks at the fire dragon not seeming all that impressed by its show of strength. Kuro just seeing the familiar as a equal in every sense still not being all that scared of the little lizard. Kuro then looks back towards Keres and flies over towards her to spend some more time with the fire serpent that is her familiar, and if need be entertain the kids.