[PP-F14] The Lich's Calling

Spoiler

Searching for mats: ID#93048: LD: 15 + 7 = 22 = 1 T3 Material found (1 Total)

Passive: +30 HP

"Hmm?" Beat turned around to see the floating arm stick out of the cavern wall and he practically skipped over as he was filled with anticipation. Secret passages and rare drops were what players like Shield and Beat lived for since they often provided the edge that little else in the normal areas of the game could. He peeked his head through the illusory wall of the cavern to see the eerily lit passage and the even more disturbing door. 

"I can guess what we'll find in there, but this is definitely a dungeon if I've ever seen one and I would say we've seen a few." Beat said walking up to the door and examining it, being careful not to touch the door before Shield was ready to enter. Another reason for his unusual caution was his energy supply, which was still in the process of being replenished. Starting a dungeon without a full supply of energy was just asking for a bad time.

Edited by Beat
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Swapping Gear

-Finder's Keeper
-Seeking Aura
+Spirit Spines - THN 2, REC 1
+Spirit Plate - MIT 2, REC 1

Consuming:

T1 Perfect Mitigation Food [-4 T1 mats]

Shield took a moment to navigate through his menus, at this point more by muscle memory than by sight. His combat gear had not changed in months, and hit loot gear had not changed for longer than that. It was an advantage and a disadvantage. On the one hand, he could swap out in next to no time. On the other hand, it meant that as a player, he was only growing as quickly as his level. The two of them had both been in the market for better gear for some time now.

"Alright," he said, double checking to make sure his muscle memory had not betrayed him. He also pulled out and began gnawing on a haunch of meat to boost his defenses. It was hard to say what they would encounter inside. "As soon as you're full up, I'm ready to go in. I haven't tackled a dungeon on this floor before, so it's anyone's guess what we'll be encountering in there. However, if that entrance is anything to judge by... I'm guessing the bats we fought before were just the vanguard. Or the gatekeepers. However you want to think of them, I think we'll be seeing a lot more of them or their meaner, nastier friends inside."

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Searching for Mats: ID# 93049: LD: 16 + 7 = 23 = 1 T3 Mat found (2 Total)

Passive: +30 HP

Rounds out of combat 3/3 = Full EP!

Beat continued to stare into the eyes of the creature etched into the design of the door, "Yeah, this place certainly has a bat theme too it, which is probably fine. Those guys were crafty and had pretty decent speed, but their damage didn't seem all that impressive." His confidence in his speed was one of the things he readily admit he took pride in and it, while it wasn't necessarily misplaced pride, he knew nothing of the creatures in the dungeon. 

"You know, as much as you and I used to fight, we haven't really done any direct training together. Sure, we've fought a bunch of monsters with each other, and that's probably better training, but PvP is a thing too. There will probably come a day where we need it." Beat said, allowing his mind to wander to concerns that rarely left his mind. Most of the times when Beat would scout for enemies, he was really looking for players to make sure they wouldn't be jumped in the night. 

Beat smiled as his energy bar dinged, letting him know it was 'go' time, "Ready when you are buddy."

Edited by Beat

Action: Howl [-10 EN]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1238/1350 | EP: 126/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
[H:0] Beat   [HP
860/910]   [Energy: 88/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 648/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93050 results: Craft: 6 [Recovery Proc] MOB: 7 [+1=8 - Hit! 252-196=56 dmg - THN: 87 dmg]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 735/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 930501 results: MOB: 3 [+1=4 - Miss]
<Battle Bat 3> HP: 735/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93052 results: MOB: 4 [+1=5 - Miss]
<Battle Bat 4> HP: 648/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93053 results: MOB: 5 [+1=6 - Hit! 252-196=56 dmg - THN: 87 dmg]

Shield took one last look up at the entrance. Somewhere not too far away, Beat's words registered in his ears.

"We've done some PVP," he said, pulling as best he could from his memories of SAO"We fought that small contingent from the red guild on the sixth floor, I believe. I had to deal with a crazy info broker on floor nine as well. That, and I dueled Teion not too long ago..."

He had stalled long enough. With a slow exhale, he pushed the stone doors which swung inward slowly. He stepped into the rough-hewn tunnel that lay beyond and began venturing down the narrow passageway. It did not take long for him to hear the telltale clicks of bats up ahead. He could see a spot where the passage opened up as well. As he was just about to clear the entry way, he took a long breath. As soon as his eyes detected movement above, he unleashed his howl.

"Come and get it, bat brains!" he roared, his voice reverberating in the close space and knocking some dust off of the ceiling. In response, four blurs swooped down out of the dark. Although less maneuverable than their sentinel counterparts, these bats packed a punch. Shield's health took two small hits, and he winced at the shock of the impacts. As they wheeled through the air, he could see the reason for their rough maneuverability and greater damage. Their wings were either metallic or resembling metal, with the front edges of their wings sharpened into blades.

"That's new."

Edited by Shield

Action: Weeping Moon + Charge | -15 EP

Using Swords Dance Crystal [ID#78988] + 6 DMG. New Dmg: +27

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1238/1350 | EP: 126/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
[H:1/2/2/1] Beat   [HP
860/910]   [Energy: 73/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 369/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID#93054- BD: 5 + 5 = 10 = Hit [DMG: 31 * 9 = 279]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 447/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID#93055- BD: 9 + 5 = 14 = Hit [DMG: 32 * 9 = 288 + Paralyze + Freeze]
<Battle Bat 3> HP: 447/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID#93056- BD: 9 + 5 = 14 = Hit [DMG: 32 * 9 = 288 + Paralyze + Freeze]
<Battle Bat 4> HP: 369/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID#93057- BD: 6 + 5 = 11 = Hit [DMG: 31 * 9 = 279]

"Shiny and new!" He said in regards to the metallic effect on the creatures' wings, "Looks like I'll need to crank my damage up a notch to handle the creatures in here." Beat flipped his battle ready inventory open and swifty retrieved a small, crimson red prism that had the silhouette of a sword inside of it. He studied the crystal he had not laid eyes on for so long before returning his haze to the creatures before him. 

"See this? This is what you don't want me to have. You'll find out soon enough." Beat said, squeezing the crystal until it finally shattered, the shards flying away from only a moment before pausing in mid-air and entering his body, raising his vigor with a warm, tingling sensation, "Oh yeah! That's the good stuff!" 

Beat's form disappeared from sight, his speed and movement techniques making it difficult to find him in the battlefield before he reappeared above the creatures, "Let's see how you like this!" he said as he spun his spear over his head and summoned a roaring tornado that engulfed each of them, his weapon's effect freezing two of the creatures in place. 

Edited by Beat

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+67 HP] Recovery [+0 EN]

Action: Energize > Beat [Shield: -10 EN, Beat: +8 EN]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1190/1350 | EP: 107/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
860/910]   [Energy: 81/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 369/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93058 results: Craft: 4 [No Recovery] MOB: 10 [+1=10 - Hit! 252+2-196=58 dmg]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 447/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - [Frozen/Paralyzed]
<Battle Bat 3> HP: 447/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - [Frozen/Paralyzed]
<Battle Bat 4> HP: 369/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID#93059 results: MOB: 9 [+1=10 - Hit! 252+1-196=57 dmg]

With half of the creatures out of commission, Shield could focus on the remaining bat monsters. Or at least he would be able to if they hadn't already swooped up into the darkness of the cavern ceiling. His eyes darted around in the dark, trying to get a lock on them. He knew that Beat would be ready in waiting the moment they came back into view. In the mean time, though Shield was left trying to direct his defenses towards things he could not see.

A streak of brown and silver shot out of the darkness. Shield raised his left arm, ducking behind the barrier, but the bat rolled harmlessly off of it. Meanwhile, his buddy was already latching onto Shield's neck with its fangs from behind. As he whipped around to knock it away, it flitted off into the air again while the other latched onto Shield's turned back. He shook off his stowaway, but not before it had taken another chunk from his health.

"They really are getting smarter," he growled.

Edited by Shield

Passive [+1 EN

Action: Weeping Moon

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1305/1350 | EP: 106/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
[H:2/3/4/3] Beat   [HP
860/910]   [Energy: 67/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 126/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID#93060: BD: 5 + 5 = 10 = Hit [Dmg: 27 * 9 = 243]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 204/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID#93061: BD: 5 + 5 = 10 = Hit [Dmg: 27 * 9 = 243]
<Battle Bat 3> HP: 195/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID#93062: BD: 9 + 5 = 14 = Crit+1 [Dmg: 28 * 9 = 252 + paralyze + freeze]
<Battle Bat 4> HP: 117/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID#93063:: BD: 9 + 5 = 14 = Crit+1 [Dmg: 28 * 9 = 252 + paralyze + freeze]

Beat's eyes widened as he watched the masterful execution of the duo's attack, "Damn, that was really well done...It's actually impressive!" He said as he followed the creatures into the darkness, his eyes adjusting quickly. He noticed how detectible the creatures were in the quiet, their forms slower and creating more noise as they moved through the air. 

"Heh, you can try, but I can find you with things other than my eyes." He said as he whirled around, his separ shining and leaving a familiar pale yellow glow behind. The luminescent ring dispatched the darkness for the moment that it remained before expanding and cutting into each of the creatures, who howled in pain. 

"I think I love this difficulty. Nothing is a given, it's a very winnable fight, but we can't relax. This is Sword Art Online!" Beat said, his eyes gleaming with intensity and a lust for battle that he had not displayed before. 

Edited by Beat

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+67 HP] Recovery [+6 EN]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1257/1350 | EP: 104/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
[H:
2/3/4/3] Beat   [HP860/910]   [Energy: 75/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 126/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93064 results: Craft: 9 [Recovery Proc] MOB: 4 [+1=5 - Miss]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 204/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93065 results: MOB: 4 [+1=5 - Miss]
<Battle Bat 3> HP: 195/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - [Paralyze/Frozen]
<Battle Bat 4> HP: 117/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - [Paralyze/Frozen]

The hairs on the back of Shield's neck bristled at the exuberance in Beat's voice. The phrase 'this is Sword Art Online' was, in his mind, never something that one should say in a positive light, let alone with that amount of enthusiasm. He opened his mouth to say as such, but before he could get the words out, two more cannon balls of metal and fur shot out of the darkness. He stumbled back, falling onto his backside just in time to miss the both of them. He was keeping up his defenses, but not with any amount of ease.

With the fresh volley of attacks now past, he rolled back forward onto his feet, standing up and ducking in behind his shield. A faint flapping of semi-silent wings washed through the still air of the dungeon. Shield planted his feet again, trying to get a read on where one might be headed to be able to preempt any incoming attacks. In the end, the efforts proved fruitless, and he had to just prepare whatever attack came next without any prior knowledge.

Edited by Shield

Passive [+1 EN]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1257/1350 | EP: 104/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
[H:
2/3/4/3] Beat   [HP860/910]   [Energy: 61/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 0/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93066- BD: 7 + 5 = 12 = Hit [DMG: 27 * 9 = 243]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 0/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93067- BD: 8 + 5 = 13 = Hit [DMG: 27 * 9 = 243]
<Battle Bat 3> HP: 0/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93068- BD: 2 + 5 = 7 = Hit [DMG: 27 * 9 = 243]
<Battle Bat 4> HP: 0/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 -ID# 93069- BD: 7 + 5 = 12 = Hit [DMG: 27 * 9 = 243]

Loot:

ID# 93066- LD: 18 + 7 = 25 CD: 5 = 9555 col, 5 T3 Mats

ID# 93067- LD: 12 + 7 = 19 CD: 7 = Rare T3 Consumable, 2 T3 Mats, 4410 col

ID# 93068- LD: 18 + 7 = 25 CD: 7 = 9555 col, 5 T3 Mats

ID# 93069- LD: 15 + 7 = 22 CD: 6 = Perfect T3 Armor/Shield, 4410 col

Total Loot: 

31x T3 Mats
3x Uncommon T3 Consumable

1x rare T3 Consumable

1x T3 Armor/Shield

1x [F-21] Intermediate Map

65050 col

"This is the end!" Beat yelled as he appeared in the middle of the group of creatures, who all shrieked in surprise and turned to flee.Beat had already begun spinning before they had even gotten a foot away, his spear cleaving all four bat-like creatures into two halves, the top screeching before exploding into a shower of red pixels. 

"Survival of the fittest at this level. You guys didn't make the cut!" Beat said coldly as he suddenly became aware of how hard his heart was pounding in his chest. He clutched his face with his left hand as he shut his eyes as tightly as he could, trying to regain his bearings. He felt hot and he felt like he was still in danger despite having won the battle decisively. 

"Sorry, I just...I need a moment to calm down..." He said, waving to Shield as if his hand was wiping away any concern or attention that he might be drawing to himself. He continued to take deep breaths, finding it difficult to catch his breath. 

What is this? 

Edited by Beat

Swapping Gear:

-Spirit Spines
-Spirit Plate
+Finder's Keeper [Expertise - S&D]
+Seeking Aura [+3 LD]

Shield turned away from Beat. He was angry, but he didn't want to address his partner in the heat of things. They were both heightened right now, and the conversation had the potential to turn very ugly very quickly. He contented himself with organizing his items, taking the lull to swap out for his searching gear. He didn't know what he might find, but in a dungeon, the likelihood of loot was higher than in most other places.

"You should talk to someone," he said, removing the anger from his voice before he spoke. His message was not an angry one, after all. He just happened to be angry while delivering it. "I don't care if it's to me or not, but you can't just not talk about... whatever happened. It's clearly having an effect."

He did not want to color that statement to call the effect a gad one, but from context, one could easily make the assumption. He closed out of his menus and set about searching the area for loot.

Edited by Shield
Spoiler

Passive: +30 HP +1 EP

Beat   [HP890/910]   [Energy: 62/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

Searching for Mats: ID# 93115: LD: 9 + 7 = 16 = 1 T3 Mat found (3 Total)

Beat's brow furrowed underneath his hand that was still cradling his face, now more out of comfort than anything else. His initial response was an angry one, but it was not anger directed towards Shield and, as much as he hated to admit it, he knew exactly what the source of his volatility was. He let out a long breath as he collected himself before speaking. 

"I...I know..." He admitted almost involuntarily. For a moment, he held himself back, deciding that a dungeon was one of the worst places to open up to someone, but the tight feeling in his chest burst open, like a dam opening after trying to hold too much water back, "I just...have you ever seen the inner workings of a dark guild?" he started, following loosely behind Shield, his spear still at the ready as he stooped down to retrieve a small chunk of quartz that his ring responded to. "I know you can imagine that it's vile and disgusting, but I don't think you can accurately imagine it without having seen it first hand..."

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Rolling for chest with +12

image.png.032a82190c53b475c141cd829d81f1de.png

Rly?

Shield did not speak at first. He hadn't expected a response right away, but just in case, if Beat had more to say, he wasn't planning to interrupt. Once the air had had a moment to clear, he took a slow breath in and out.

"No," he said plainly. "I haven't. I've seen some people so some evil things in the outside world, but with the guise of a game behind which to hide, I'm sure the levels of depravity some people sink to in here must be disturbing."

He poked around at the ground with the tip of his boot under the guise of searching, but even if his earring had burst out into song and dance, he likely would not have noticed it. Like it or not, this was a conversation that needed to happen. It didn't need to be long, and it didn't even need to be in-depth, but something was different, and it needed to come out.

Edited by Shield

Passive: +30 HP +1 EP

Beat   [HP910/910]   [Energy: 63/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

Searching for Mats: ID# 93117: LD: 15+7 = 22 = 1 T3 Mat found (4 Total)

"Human trafficking.." He started, but then choked on his own breath as he tried to go on. It took him a moment to speak again, but he appreciated Shield remaining his usual, quiet self to allow Beat to collect himself, "They literally trade people. In my case, they us fight for their entertainment. I really don't want to think about the other things they do with people." His arm shot out and struck the solid wall with his fist before he realized what was happening, the strike dislodging another chunk of stone that he mindlessly retrieved as he paused. 

Beat had never intended to mention his ordeal to Shield or to anybody for that matter, but for some reason, Shield's prompting had given his mind everything it needed to just let loose, there was no stopping the flood now that his defences were down, "I had to hurt people! Fight to save my own life and the lives of others! FROM OTHER PEOPLE!" His jaw was now hurting from how long it had been clenched but he continued, "I've seen people die...just like that woman we saw when were lowbies...it wasn't a treant that killed them, but monsters did kill those people!" Beat finished, now screaming, unaware of the volume he was using as he breathed heavily. 

Edited by Beat

Swapping Gear

-Finder's Keeper
-Seeking Aura
+Spirit Spines - THN 2, REC 1
+Spirit Plate - MIT 2, REC 1

Although the room did not show signs of spawning new enemies, the potential to encounter more simply because of the noise Beat was making potentially drawing more was a threat that Shield could not entirely dismiss. He couldn't afford to be caught naked in a fight here. He let Beat's words fill the air, only creating as much sound to intrude upon it as his menu created from sifting through equipment. There weren't words to console Beat, at least not yet. There was too much bile that still needed to come out before anything helpful could be put back in to replace it.

Shield kept his back turned. He had a feeling that if he were facing Beat that this would be a great deal harder for both of them, so for now, this would have to be the most he could do to help. He had never had a son, but he imagined this must be the greatest challenge if he did. How could he console a creature who had barely been given permission by the world to have feelings at all, let alone express them and be accepted for them. With his combat gear on, he let the silence between them stand as his permission to continue without fear of judgment or condescension. There was still a slight ring in the air from Beat's shouts, but aside from that, the only noises around them were the faint drip of the timeless trickles that had built up the stalactites and stalagmites that clung in the corners of the cavern.

Spoiler

Passive: Out of combat for 3 rounds: Full EP!

Beat   [HP910/910]   [Energy: 88/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

Searching for Mats: ID# 93152: LD: 5 + 7 = 12 = no mat. (4 Total)

Beat's heavy breathing was slowly subsiding as he reigned himself back in, the pressure from his horrendous ordeal lessened by the literal release that had echoed through the hallways, no doubt alerting more creatures to their location. If there was one thing he was certain of, it was that the creatures in this place had exceptional hearing. 

"Justice..." Beat said as if having an epiphany, though he was really only speaking what his heart was screaming, "This [censored] demands justice...there are still people that need saving and if anybody deserves to die, it is the people responsible for this trafficking ring!" Beat looked ahead and caught up with Shield, matching his gait,

As soon as I hit the third tier, I'm dismantling that place and ensuring that the people responsible receive justice. 

He was still shaky and his nerves were far from calm, but he was determined to show as little as possible to mitigate the embarrassment he was feeling at the moment. For now, his self-declaration was serving to bolster his bravery enough to get him through the task at hand. His lips quivered on occasion as he wiped tears from his eyes and continued to follow the silent tank, his jaw still clenched tightly, the pain mostly unimportant to the young player.

Edited by Beat

Recovery [+0 EN] Healer [+135 HP - Cooldown: 0/5]

Action: Howl [-10 EN]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1055/1350 | EP: 116/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
910/910]   [Energy: 88/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 735/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93153 results: Craft: 4 [No Recovery] MOB: 4 [+1=5 - Miss]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 648/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93154 results: MOB: 7 [+1=8 - Hit! 252-196=56 dmg - THN: 87 dmg]
<Were-Bat 3> HP: 963/735 | DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93155 results: MOB: 7 [+1+1=9 - Hit! 315-196=119 dmg - THN: 87 dmg]
<Were-Bat 4> HP: 1050/735 | DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93156 results: MOB: 9 [+1+1=11 - Hit! 315+1-196=120 dmg]

That sentiment was a dangerous one, but it was difficult to know how to address it. For one thing, Shield wasn't sure how much breaking the fragile silence would affect Beat's ability to share similarly in the future. For another, he wasn't sure if the younger player would hear him fully in the face of raw passion. Beat could be tempestuous, and if Shield were to push him on his conclusion, he might push back out of sheer instinct and adrenaline.

Before he had time to consider the ramifications of responding, there came a scuffling from the passage ahead of them. It was unlike the noises of the bat creatures they had encountered so far, though if Shield listened hard, he could hear a faint flapping of leathery wings. What he heard was more akin to the sound of talons on stone, and perhaps even a snorting as of a pig. He strained his eyes against the dim, blue light of the dungeon, but at first saw nothing.

Soon, the noises all grew louder. The sound of wings was unmistakable in the background, but over the top of that, there was still the clatter and snorting of something new. Out of the darkness, two of the same bats from the last batch swooped out of the dark. Behind them, two great muscular things lumbered forward on great, muscular limbs with what seemed to be the flaps of stunted wings protruding from the backs of the arms. Their flat, upturned noses were on hairy, primate-like faces, though their eyes were dark and beady like those of a bat. Shield drew in his breath.

"Over here, uglies!" bellowed the tank, tossing up debris from the cavern floor that swept across the ground and pelted the grounded bat creatures.

Two wings clove through Shield, another pair missing and flapping away in frustration. On the ground, the new creatures lurched forward and brought their clawed forelimbs down in slashing motions. Both sets of their attacks struck home, and the damage was more than Shield had counted on. Lilith, Shield's small, serpentine companion, emerged from his collar and bit him on the neck, restoring some of his health with her hypodermic healing fangs before disappearing back into the folds of fabric.

"These monsters are a different caliber!" he called back to Beat. "Look alive!"

Edited by Shield

Action: Dimension Stampede + Charge

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1055/1350 | EP: 116/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
910/910]   [Energy: 73/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 456/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93157: BD: 5+5 = 10 = Hit [Dmg: 31 x 9 = 279]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 351/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93158: BD: 10+5 = 15 = Crit +2 [Dmg: 33 x 9 = 297 + Paralyze and Freeze]
<Were-Bat 3> HP: 726/1050| DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93159: BD: 6+5-1 = 10 = Hit [Dmg: 31 x 9 = 279 -43 = 237]
<Were-Bat 4> HP: 813/1050 | DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93160: BD: 7+5-1 = 11 = Hit [Dmg: 31 x 9 = 279 - 43 = 237]

"Finally!" Beat shouted, unsure of how long he could have maintained his composure without something to take the attention off of him. The flood of emotion he had let out had left him feeling exposed and embarrassed, so he welcomed the distraction.

"Alright, bigger fish! Got it!" He said, ramping himself back up into the mindset he needed to fight formidable foes, disappearing to the side at high speed. His spear illuminated the dimly lit passage as he moved between all of them and gave his body a fast, rapid spin, his spear acting like a buzzsaw for a split second before leaving red gashed in the sides of each creature. The more muscular creatures had failed to avoid his strike, but he could tell that they had at least reacted to his appearance to some degree. It was something that did not surprise him, but a fact he would be foolish to ignore. 

Different, but nothing too impressive...

Edited by Beat

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+67 HP] Recovery [+6 EN Healer [Cooldown: 1/5]

Free Action: Rare T2 Healing Crystal Used [+160 HP]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 986/1350 | EP: 113/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
910/910]   [Energy: 81/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 369/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93161: Craft: 7 [Recovery Proc] MOB: 8 [+1=8 - Hit! 252-196=56 dmg - THN: 87 dmg]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 351/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - [Frozen/Paralyzed]
<Were-Bat 3> HP: 639/1050 | DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93163: MOB: 8 [+1+1=10 - Hit! 315-196=119 dmg - THN: 87 dmg]
<Were-Bat 4> HP: 813/1050 | DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93164: MOB: 10 [+1+1=12 - Hit! 315+2-196=121 dmg]

Shield was already charging up the supplemental energy he would be feeding to Beat by the time the bat creatures were rounding on him a second time. They ignored the younger player and instead focused their attention back onto the tank. Although not entirely unwelcome, the hit that Shield took to his health bar was. He hurled the saved energy at beat and swore under his breath. His action complete, he stuck his sword through the strap of his shield and fished one of his precious recovery crystals out from his gear. His fist closed in on itself, his health bar jumping back up a ways as a result, but not as much as he would have liked.

They hit hard. The weak ones are inconsequential, but the big guys are a threat. Even with Lilith and my Battle Healing, they took me down way too close to my yellow. If I don't stay on top of that, by the time it matters, it's going to be too late.

He shook off the apprehension, keeping it from registering on his face. It had been a long time since he felt like he was in danger. While he still had the fight in hand, it was only by a thread.

Edited by Shield

Passive [+1 EN

[H:4] Shield - HP: 986/1350 | EP: 116/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
910/910]   [Energy: 67/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 126/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93165- BD: 8 + 5 = 13 = HIt [DMG: 27 * 9= 243]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 108/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93166- BD: 3 + 5 = 8 = HIt [DMG: 27 * 9= 243]
<Were-Bat 3> HP: 438/1050 | DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93167- BD: 7 + 5 -1 = 11= HIt [DMG: 27 * 9= 243 - 42 = 201]
<Were-Bat 4> HP: 612/1050 | DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93168- BD: 4 + 5 -1 = 8 = HIt [DMG: 27 * 9= 243 - 42 = 201]

Beat's eyebrows rose as he saw Shield do something he had never seen him do before: heal himself with something other than his familiar. Beat figured it was possible that he had seen it happen in a boss fight, but those events were so chaotic that it was really hard to pay attention to much else in the heat of the moment. 

Alright, these things are serious. They hit hard and they don't take nearly as much as they should from my attacks.

"Looks like these things are the real deal. I've noticed that it feels like I'm hitting a car when I connect. They feel it, but there is some resistance that the other two don't have." He remarked as he turned up the speed again and moved into position. It was far easier to forget about stressful facets of life in the heat of battle and Beat appreciated the opportunity to focus on something else. He charged another sword art and let it loose with a quick spin, taking another chunk of life from all four creatures. 

Edited by Beat

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+67 HP] Recovery [+6 EN Healer [Cooldown: 2/5]

Free Action: Rare T2 Healing Crystal Used [+160 HP]

[H:4] Shield - HP: 1100/1350 | EP: 110/126 | Dmg: 2 | Acc: 0 | Eva: -1 | Mit: 196 | BH: 67 | THN: 87 | REC: 6 | LD: 7
910/910]   [Energy: 75/88]   [Dmg: 27]   [Acc: 5]   [Eva: 0]   [Mit: 0] [LD: 7] [Prosperity: 3]

<Battle Bat 1> HP: 39/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93171 - Craft: 8 [Recovery Proc] MOB: 7 [+1=8 - Hit! 252-196=56 dmg - THN: 87 dmg]
<Battle Bat 2> HP: 108/735 | DMG: 252 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 0 - ID# 93172 - MOB: 10 [+1=11 - Hit! 252+1-196=57 dmg]
<Were-Bat 3> HP: 438/1050 | DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93173 - MOB: 3 [+1+1=5 - Miss]
<Were-Bat 4> HP: 612/1050 | DMG: 315 | MIT: 42 | ACC: 1 | EVA: 1 - ID# 93174 - MOB: 1 [Miss]

There was no way of knowing whether the last few seconds were a fluke or not, and Shield didn't have time to work out the math. Best case scenario, the fight was half over, but he did not want to rely on that. If they could hit harder and take hits better, there was no telling if they could also avoid Beat's laser precision. As Shield charged up and sent off his energy, he was already preparing to reach for another healing crystal.

One of the muscular beasts was already beginning to notice the effects of attacking the tank directly, even having never taken the damage itself. It hung back, its black eyes returning only the reflected blue light from the unearthly torches as it seemed to study the tank, and the other followed suit. The flying creatures, on the other hand, did no such thing. They charged in with reckless abandon, one of them taking yet another dose of Shield's defenses and letting out a series of angry clicks as it limped away through the air.

Even with so little damage dealt to him, Shield went ahead and crushed the crystal. With the extra buffer, he felt his apprehension leave him. Beat would be able to handle the minions before they had another chance to attack, and even if the Were-Bats were to both crit him, he should have enough health left to push through into the next fight without too much difficulty. That was, assuming that it wasn't against more Were-Bats.

"It's been a minute since we were in hot water, but we've got this," he growled, pulling his sword from his shield. He doubted he would need a free hand for the rest of the fight.

Edited by Shield