Spoiler

Benjamin stats -

HP: 10/10   ENG: 2/2

Weapon - Twin stinging blades [Vanity]

+0 Accuracy   +0 Evasion

0 Mitigation

2 Base damage

Battle Ready Items -

(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Benjamin was excited.  This was the first time he had tried to organize something for Players to go on.  An outing to find extra crafting materials for everyone to craft with wasn't the most exciting thing in the world, but it would be a great chance for everyone to tmeet each other.  Hopefully even strike up some new friendships that would help through the floors ahead.

As he waited in the sunny forest on the first floor, no enemies in sight, he checked his shoulder pouch was tightened enough not to fall off.  The pouch came with a foraging stick to help pick up mushrooms, if he found any out here.  The forest should have a variety of materials in it, from minerals that blacksmiths could use to ingredients cooks would like.  It would hopefully work well for everyone. 

He checked his HUD again- it was almost time for people to arrive.  It was time to start foraging. 

@Litsy @Susan Markington @Outlander

Outlander's Stats:

HP - 20.            ENG - 1/1

Accuracy - 0.     Evasion- 0

MIT - 0

Weapon - Basic Longsword (common)

Armor - Outcasts Wear (rare)

Battle Ready Items:

5 Starter Healing Potions

Outlander was walking towards the destination the invite had told him to arrive, double checking his menu every so often to make sure he was going in the right direction. Wondering what kind of hobby he might pick up from this. Also trying to avoid tripping over roots and walking into branches.

"Cooking maybe, no, not cooking, I can't even make mac and cheese right." He thought "Maybe blacksmithing? No, I don't like hitting something with a hammer over and over again. What about Tailoring? I always wanted a bada** hood." 

A branch scratched his face, "Why did it have to be a forest." Outlander said holding his cheek "Why couldn't this be on a beach or in town." Outlander stumbles over a root "God I hate my job."

He looked up to see a young man standing just ahead of him "Ah" Outlander said out loud "you must be the Host." "That I am." He said back "You must be Outlander." "Good to see you noticed my Outlandish style." Outlander  said while looking around. "Im going to set up a tent over there." Outlander said, almost annoyed by the amount of vegetation around him. "Wait, you must be Benjamin,  Benjamin Bookworm?." Outlander looked at the Host. "Of course" Benjamin responded. "Were is everyone else?" Outlander said 

"They will be here any minute." Benjamin stated

Edited by Outlander
Spoiler

Litsy's stats

HP: 10/10   ENG: 2/2

Weapon - Curved  Sword [Vanity]

+1 Accuracy   +0 Evasion

0 Mitigation

Battle Ready Items:
Vanity armor. 
(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Litsy had received an invitation from Benjamin, a virtual game’s player. She did not meet him for the reason she decided to take care in this situation. Anyway, she did not think anybody hurt a new player, considering it was another new player. However,  she verified her inventory. It seemed good. She had the necessary for this situation. She had her weapon. It was a Curved Sword so amazing for her. She began to love it because she felt so strong with it. She hoped it was not necessary. She wanted to meet new players and find craft materials. 

The forest seemed calm. She had not seem any animals since she was there. It was sad for her because she loved the animals. She missed her cat. She would do everything possible for seeing her cat again. However, she must be prepared for any situation. To leave that virtual world was the only thing that had to matter. She saw her inventory one more. It seemed ready. 

She looked the forest, wondering where the players would be. 

"So," said Outlander noticing a potion sticking out of Benjamin's pocket. "Are you a alchemist?" Outlander said "Yeah." Said Benjamin "Quick question, who else is coming?" Outlander said curiously. Benjamin open his menu. "Litsy, Susan, and you." He closed his menu. "Wait, Litsy?" Outlander said  "Yep." replied Benjamin "At least I know one person here." Outlander stated confidently "You two know eachother?" Ben said curiously "I meet her at Hurunka, we went on an adventure, I almost died, good times." Outlander said smiling "You almost died? How would that be good?" "Well, when I was unconscious,  with poison coursing through my veins, I thought of the best and darkest joke I coukd ever come up with." Outlander said itching his hand. He looked up and saw someone moving through the forest. "I think your guests are arriving." Outlander said looking into the forest.

She walked to inside the forest, studying the positions of the trees for knowing the way. She was sure that her partners would be to little ways of here. She could heard the forest’s sounds and she thought it could be virtual animals or hunters. She hoped that they were not dangerous. She did not see any else, just trees. These were the same species, or she believed they were that. She did not know anything about trees or plants. She continued to carry her weapon. Her amazing Curving Sword. 

However, she arrived at the meeting point. First, she recognized Outlander there, and she believed that the other persona there must be Benjamin. He did not look dangerous; he seemed a other player more like Outlander or herself. She walked to where they were. 

- Hi – said Litsy. – How are you?

"Hiya Litsy!  Heya Outlander!" Ben enthusiastically replied as he waved them over.  "I'm feeling well rested and ready to take on the day.  Which... sound better than Outlander has been doing lately.  But a nice safe walk should change that!"

"So I'm glad that you guys joined up.  I figured there's not a lot of new players venturing out of the starting town each day, so it would be good to stick together.  Plus I found hiking around the woods looking for stuff to craft with was really boring on my own.  Anyways, I figured we could walk and talk.  This forest is just teeming with things to pick up, and is the safest place I've found outside of town so far."  Ben waved his hand forward as he strode over to the trees, looking around with his foraging stick.

Spoiler

Gathering materials roll - ID93492 - LD of 3

Failure (success on 15+)

"Well, at least most of the area around here as good stuff... but anyways, I never did get a chance yet to ask how you guys were acclimating around here.  Or how many quests you've gotten done yet.  Or what kinds of crafts you're looking at making.  Or, um, I'm probably talking too fast right now.  Sorry, I can kinda be verbose sometimes." Ben said with a smile.

The Benjamin Bookworm’s ideal heard well, she believed. Litsy had never worried about the secrets of the forest because she had never been interested in nature. She looked toward the trees, wondering what things she could find there. She felt fine when she heard the area around there are good, but she would take care. She did know what it could happen. When she realized that she had been looking at nothing for a considerable time, she looked back to Benjamin. 

Litsy saw his foraging stick carefully. It seemed interesting for her. She would have liked asking him how he had get a foraging stick, but she remained silent. She had never been in a group, for the reason, she did not know how she should speak them. Benjamin was talking fast, but it was not a problem for her. She liked when somebody talked, even if he did not say something interesting, 

- I wish I learn to use my weapon correctly. 

Edited by Litsy

"Oh, you want to use your sword correctly?  Hmmm... well, there's not much around here we could use it on.  I suppose later we could go try and find something to fight, but it might be best to do the first few beginner quests for that knowledge.  I know they show you how to fight in the second one- though you have to finish them in order.  Actually, I was looking for a partner to go do them with if that would interest you."  he said as he checked around a few more trees

Spoiler

Gathering materials roll - ID93493 - LD of 6

Failure (success on 15+)

"Your best bet though is to level up enough that you can put more skill points into your weapon skills.  If you put the 5 SP you start with into your weapon, you should be able to do extra damage with it.  And, you gain access to the weapon's Sword Arts, which you can activate to do even more damage, or stun enemies or even hit whole groups at once.  You'd have to check your own HUD for what the curved sword has, as I picked daggers as my weapon skill."

"Oh, and why don't you try looking around for some material as well?  Even if you don't use it, a lot of shopkeepers will take payments in either col or materials, so they're good to keep around."

When Litsy said "I want to learn how to use a sword correctly",  Outlander's only thought, was 'You swing it at stuff an hope it hits the target. Simple as that.' Then his second thought was 'Why is there no ranged weapons in SAO?' After all, Outlander's favorite fantasy weapon was the crossbow. The question is why didn't they have one. Outlander's foot gets caught on something and tripped as he fell his only words were "Not again!" After falling he looked up saying "Well, that was unexpected. I just got the weirdest deju vu." The Ben and  Litsy laughed. "Yeah yeah, so funny, I'll wait till you trip, lets see whos laughing then." Outlander said sarcastically. "Wait, is that what we are supposed to be looking for?" Outlander pointed to a tree.

Searching for Materials after Falling

ID# 93501.   Loot=1. EPIC FAILURE 

"No," corrected Ben "Not even close." Outlander gave Ben stink eye. "Any who," Outlander said "so hows life been treating you lately?"

Ben offered a hand to Outlander, helping him back up again. 

"It's been.... pretty good so far.  I'm finally out into the fields and trying to learn how to help out other players.  I even am going to be opening my own alchemy shop, as soon as I can make a few things to sell there.  Turns out crafting has a REALLY low success chance when you start out.  Right now I can maybe get one good item every few days if I'm lucky... hopefully though my luck will change soon."

"Anyways, it's the same thing we're doing here today- keep on trying until we succeed." he said as he looked again for some materials to find, unsuccessfully.

Spoiler

Gathering materials roll - ID 93503 - LD 6

Failure (success on 15+)

"It's tough when we first start out, and most of what we can use for crafting will only show up when we bring it close to or HUD, but with a little experience we can figure out what will work.  Or just buy some items that would boost our chances, either way."

"I'm hoping I can make enough healing items from these to be a healer for whoever I team up with - even the first aid skill is dwarfed by what you can do by just chucking potions at people.  Hopefully once I level up I can round that out with some skills.  How about you?  What skills are you investing in?"

"Mercanary work mostly, pick up a check here and there. I do well for myself, instead of healer, im a combo of DPS and Tank, im in that gray area. Reminding me of healing." Outlander looks at Ben

"You want to be a healer, in, SAO. That must be tough, you see, SAO doesn't have a role for support players, well, not a good one anyway. Which is why I chose this role **Outlander pats his leather armor and touches the longsword on his back.**.Hey, I just remembered a joke, about being a healer." "What is it?" Asks Ben "So, it was a joke from before SAO, I thought it was funny then, but now that it is a matter of life and death.  It's not as funny. So, it goes like this: 'I like playing the healer, because I get to chose which of my friends get to live and which get to die.' I know I know,  its not funny cause now its a matter of life and death.."

Searching for Materials 

ID# 93514.  Loot = 15 Success!

+1 T1 Mats

"...wait a minute, I found one, on that tree! Oh, my god, I ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING HELPFUL." Outlander started to cheer 

After picking it he put it in his bag. "You know what, you should come to my house sometime, Litsy also knows where it is. So you could ask her." Outlander looked at Litsy and noticed how quiet she was this whole time. "What about you," Outlander asks Litsy "hows life been treating you?"

While Benjamín was talking about the skill, she saw her weapon carefully. Yes, this was what she needed for improving her sword. She must improve her skills and do the first few beginners quest for knowledge. She had heard about the quest, especially, the quest about the profession. She must think what kind of profession she would choose. She had heard about the levels. This was necessary for putting more skill points into her weapon skills.  She went to a tree and started to search materials.

Spoiler

Search for crafting materials. 

ID# 93635 Loot: 5. Failure.

She could not find anything, but she kept searching materials. She return to the conversation when Outlander found anything. It was fantastic, she thought. She wondered what it was. For another hand, she wanted to know what kind of materials she could find there. She hoped to find anything fantastic, but she knew that kind of materials were on other floor. 

- Well... – Litsy started to answered Outlander question. – I wanted to have a profession for the moment. 

She did not stop to find materials. 

Ben smiled as the three of them continued to search.  This was turning out to be a pretty good day after all, and they even found their first bit of material to go with it.  "Glad you're excited Outlander.  It's pretty slow going at this point, but there's going to be a few more materials we can find before the day is out.  I've been eyeing the search and gathering skills to assist me in this, but that'll be way in the future."  he said as his search continued

Spoiler

Gathering roll - ID 93646

Loot die 14 - fail (So close!)

He listened to Litsy talk about her profession with Outlander, remembering the pain that the job quest was for him.  "Ah, getting a job.  That's a bit of a long quest, but worth it.  Not only do you get to craft things, but I found nearly 10 materials as the quest reward.  You should grab someone to help you with it- though only one player at a time can get the job reward out of it, unfortunately." 

• 2 weeks later...