[PP - F11] Kit Help << Feeding the Enemy >>

Ruby after a bit of thinking, really liked the fact that Tel had promised that she would get her a replacement consumable to improve her chances to get a familiar. She had made her way back to Jomei's home she had been a few days before, and she had walked up to the door and checked to see if it was open. Seeing it was unlocked, she had rolled her eyes and quietly stepped inside, she had placed a hand on her hip as she had looked around the house. She had smiled, but she had quietly closed the door behind her, and stepped throughout the halls, looking into the many doors that had been open finally seeing a figure she had recognized, he was sitting somewhere looking at something, she had walked up behind the man and leaned forward tilting her head looking at what he was doing, before long she had shook her head and exclaimed out "Amateur."

@Jomei

The virtual sun above the Eleventh Floor town of Taft illuminated the living room with its natural light. The warmth it created easily countered the brisk winter air outside, which only seemed to lower in temperature the farther into winter they went. Sitting on an off white couch in the cozy room was Jomei, who was not dressed in his usual attire, and instead a quarter sleeve black shirt, a pair of green pants, and the celtic knot necklace that Telrenya had gifted him for Christmas. Sitting on the table in front of him, beside a steaming cup of tea was a small notebook and pencil. Lines of music were scribbled out onto the sheet, the beginnings of a new song that had popped into Jomei's mind. 

The man held his usual instrument of choice in his arms, which was the first one he had picked up upon taking the Performer profession -- the lute. Plucking at the strings with his right hand, the man other hand turned the small knobs at the top of the neck of the instrument, tightening the strings so he could tune the instrument to his choosing for the song. The musician found himself deep in focus, listening to each note ring out, and the range of pitches from turning the small knobs. Everything seemed silent except for that one note.. until he heard a familiar and completely unexpected voice behind him, calling him an amateur. 

Springing to his feet, with lute in hand, Jomei quickly spun around, olive eyes wide with shock at someone who had gotten into the house aside from himself or Telrenya. The man's nerves slightly calmed when he saw it was merely Ruby, who he had not recognized at first because of the new pink hair. "Ruby? How the hell did you get in here?.. Or.. did I leave the door unlocked again.." The man admitted, feeling embarrassed, and breaking eye contact with the woman before turning back to her. "Still.. You should knock first." the man said with a sigh as he shook his head.

Spoiler

Outfit ((Without Apron))

casual.png

Ruby had giggled when Jomei had sprung to his feet turning around to face Ruby, Ruby had simply looked up to him with a bit of a playful smirk before he had recognized that it was her. Ruby had said out to him when he had asked how the hell she had even gotten here, she had looked to him and said "Well, if you say you left the door unlocked again, then you really shouldn't question how I got in here in the first place. The door was unlocked and I made myself at home." she had turned away from him and walked over to a table with a clear space and sat on it saying out to him with a playful look "Just relax Jomei, if I hear Tellybaby moan ill pretend I heard nothing. I promise." she had winked to him trying to pick on him and to get something to laugh about. 

@Jomei

Jomei should have expected an answer as such from Ruby.. what he gets for leaving the door unlocked. Though the woman's entrance was unexpected, and the reasons behind it were still unknown, Ruby's visit was never unwelcome. The man turned to place his lute upon the table, replacing the object with the cup of tea in his hands. As he turned to face Ruby again, who had taken a seat upon his dining room table, the Irishman took a sip of the hot drink. The woman then made a playful jab at Jomei about his  private life with Telrenya, causing him to nearly choke on the drink. His entire face lit up with a bright red blush as he coughed from the tea that struggled to go down his throat. "R-Ruby!!" he shouted. The man took a deep breath, trying to calm his beating heart down. He walked out from behind the couch and past Ruby towards the kitchen, stopping at the small counter top that separated the kitchen and dining room. He placed the cup down and turned to face Ruby, his cheek still pink from the embarrassment. "We don't-- I mean.. we haven't-" he cleared his throat, "We haven't done that yet.. nor have we really spoke about it.. We're taking our time." He could feel Ruby's eyes looking at him playfully, merely teasing the man just to see his reaction. His own olive eyes could not look at the girl without his face turning another bright red. 

Ruby had laughed out when he had nearly choked on his drink and his face lit up with a red blush trying to finish his drink, then she had said out her name, then feeling like a smart ass she had exclaimed out "That is my name, thank you for remembering it Jomei." Then he had took a deep breath, walked towards somewhere, Ruby had moved her eyes as she had watched him walk towards the kitchen. Then he had said out trying to voice out something, saying that they haven't done it yet nor spoke about it, they were taking their time with it. Ruby had shrugged after that statement and said "Never been laid huh? Well, consider me and Jevi a sinner then." she had giggled. She had got off from the table and walked towards Jomei saying out to him with a hand on her hip "Anywhoo I need to talk to Telly you know where she is? I needt' talk to her about something she owes me." she had said with a smile.

@Jomei

With his tea back in his hands, Jomei took a long sip, his brows lowered over his closed eyes, trying to drown out Ruby's first question of never getting laid before. He felt it would be better if he avoided answering that.. not wanting to talk about the last occurrence from a long time ago that would make her question false. His eyes opened back up, however, when she had mentioned herself and the brunette blacksmith. Removing the tea from his lips, he turned his head to look at Ruby, "Wait.. you and Jevi already..?" The man's lips pursed, wondering if the two had already gotten that far in their relationship, when they had only been together for a fraction of the time himself and Telrenya had. Maybe it was time the two spoke about it? Jomei's head shook, getting rid of the thought of that for now. After answering his question, the girl hopped off of the table and walked over to the man, requesting to know where Telrenya was, and that she owed her something. "Should be down in her shop.. or went out to get materials if she needed them. Why? What does she owe you?"

Ruby ahd shrugged as he had asked out if they had already done that, she had said out to them "Yes, what other clues do you need to understand, did you want me to take pictures?" she had said smiling playfully at Jomei, however she had seen him thinking about something, immediately she had gave him a slap and said to him "Don't even think about it Jomei. We just got handsy on christmas night is all, plus we have different beliefs than some. Take your time with Tellybaby, alright? I'm no angel but you and Tel sure are." she had giggled. Then Jomei had said she should be down in her shop or going out getting materials, with a grin she had came upon the wrong location, however he had asked why and what she owed her, she had said to him "Relax, relax. Its not like she owes me any sexual favors or money, I just let her use a consumable to get a familiar, I am trying to get one myself is all. Been seeing if she got a replacement."

@Jomei

Jomei's eyes returned to Ruby just as an open palm swung at his face. Despite his faster reaction time, he could not move fast enough to block Ruby's hand, as the open palm smacked against Jomei's cheek. The strike caused Jomei's head to turn to the side from the force, and though pain was not a thing he felt from the smack, it still left a tingling feeling on his face. His hand rose to his cheek, rubbing at the red hand print that she left from the hit. "What the hell Ruby! I wasn't thinking about the two of you!" The man took a deep breath, before lowering his hand from his face, his eyes still on the woman.  "O-Of course.. I know. It's not exactly whats been on my mind with us anyway." Jomei could understand where the confusion was with Ruby to want to hit him, he had gotten lost in thought just as she mentioned the night her and Jevi had after the Christmas party. "Oh, something to help with a familiar?" Jomei asked her. "Well.. I'll have to check to see if I have any Familiar Calls.. I think I gave Tel my last one. But I think I might be able to make something else for you." Placing his tea on the counter behind him, the man walked around into the kitchen. "So something to increase your chances of finding a familiar..." the man placed a hand on his chin, his index finger tapping against his jawline as he looked around the kitchen for something to make her, "Anything you're craving?" he said with a chuckle

Ruby had looked towards Jomei when she had slapped him, watching him react towards the slap saying that she hadn't been thinking about the two of them, she had squinted her eyes and said out playfully "Rrrrreally? And you expect me to believe that. I can basically see you undressing me in your eyes." she had patted his shoulder. Then he had admitted that it has not been exactly been on her mind anyways, she had chuckled and said to him "Well, if you two ever get to that point and you need some pointers, I just know what girls like~" she had stood away from Jomei and had said out to him "Unless you are asking for a demonstration, I ain't gonna do that.". Eventually he had asked out something to get a familiar, then he had said that he would need to check to see if he had any familiar calls, and if he doesnt have one he could just simply make one. She had smiled and chuckled saying out to Jomei after he had asked what she had been craving "Thanks for the offer, if you really want to go on, I would really like some Chocolate Covered Strawberries." she had giggled.

@Jomei

Jomei blushed at Ruby's comment as he continued to look around his kitchen for something to make Ruby, "I-I think I'll be fine.. " his lip stiffened into a small pout. After asking if Ruby wanted anything specific, she commented that she wanted strawberries covered in chocolate. The man chuckled, "Simple enough." Walking over to the refrigerator, Jomei tapped the air above it, a small list of cooled items appearing in front of him. Scrolling through, Jomei's finger pressed on the option that said Strawberries. On the counter next to the refrigerator, a small bowl of strawberries appeared. Moving to the cabinets above the bowl, Jomei once again summoned the menu for the items located in the cupboard, this time a slightly smaller bowl of chocolate pieces appearing next to the strawberries. 

The ginger then dumped the chocolate into the pot and set it upon the stove, setting the chocolate to cook until boiled. "You know, I always envied people that took the Cook profession.. having to learn how to cook in SAO." he chuckled, "But now I see its a lot easier than it is in the real world." On top of the stove, the chocolate pieces had melted down and liquefied. Tapping above the stove, Jomei shut off the fire to let the creamy chocolate begin to cool. One by one, he dipped the red berries in the chocolate, placing them on a plate. Once they were finished, he placed the item back into the refrigerator, setting a small timer for them to speed up the cooling and hardening of the chocolate shell. Thanks to the Cardinal system, Jomei was able to take out the plate of berries just moments later. Walking back over to Ruby, Jomei placed the strawberries in front of her, "Hope you like them." he said with a chuckle.

T1 Perfect +3 LD

Traded to Ruby:
Chocolate Covered Strawberries (+3 LD)

Ruby had walked into the Kitchen sitting on a table or counter that Jomei had not been using to watch over him, making sure he wasn't going to poison her or anything. He had said out that he had always envied people with the cook as in the profession, especially in SAO. Ruby had looked at him with a annoyed looked and said to him "Real life is way more difficult, this game automates everything, making it very much less work." she had then just shrugged it off then he finally finished the strawberries placing it next to her as she had sat on the table. "Thank ya kindly." she had said to him when he had finished it. She had grabbed onto the plate and brought it over her lap and brought a strawberry to her mouth as she had eaten it, and well... it was Chocolate Strawberries to say the least, wasn't anything too too special though. "They aren't bad, it just tastes like it could be more sweet, not on you but the SAO system might not capture as sweet as I like them."

@Jomei

Jomei chuckled, "I'm also not a Cook.. so I'm just cooking with the basics." Jomei washed his hands in the sink before returning both the chocolate and the strawberries to their respective places. "But, with those strawberries, it should increase your chances of finding loot, including a familiar." Once Jomei had finished cleaning up the kitchen, he walked over to the cup of tea he had left on the counter. Taking the lukewarm drink in his hands, he let the contents swirl in the mug before raising it to his lips. "So, I'm guessing you were planning on going searching for that familiar after you leave here?" Jomei tilted the mug, finishing off the rest of his tea. "I was going to just take the day off, but if you want some company, I'd be more than happy to tag along." Jomei chuckled and crossed his arms, "I'm curious to see what kind of creature you end up taming anyway."

She had ate the strawberries, and as she had ate the food Jomei had said out that with those strawberries it would increase her chances at finding loot and even a familiar, Ruby had squinted her eyes and looked towards Jomei and said out to him "Gee, I wonder why it would. Not like you crafted something to increase my chances or anything." she had chuckled, shortly after she had finished her strawberries. She had got off from the counter she had sat on and looked towards Jomei as he had spoke out, asking if she had wanted to go out to find a familiar she had said placing a hand onto her hip saying "I mean, I am not going to eat that sort of food and just not use it.". Then he had said that he was going to take the day off however he could come if she had wanted some company, and he was curious at what creature she would get anyways int he first place she had looked to him saying out "Well, if you can see me with my clothes on you can come." she had said turning away from him walking towards the door.

@Jomei

Consumed: Chocolate Covered Strawberries (+3 LD)

Equipped: Finding Stone [+3 LD] / Awareness Stone [Expertise: Searching +1 LD]

A single brow of confusion rose over Jomei’s eye at Ruby’s comment about ‘being able to see her with her clothes on.’ “That doesn’t... even make sense..” Jomei said to himself under his breath as Ruby turned her back to him and walked towards the door that led to the house’s main hallway. The man let out a heavy sigh before calling after her, “I’ll meet you outside. I just need to change my equipment.” Once Ruby had closed the door to the living room behind her, Jomei’s hand swiped upwards to open his inventory. His black shuirt and green pants were replaced with a sleeveless black turtleneck, covered with a thin metal chestplate beating the Holy Dragon Alliance’s symbol. Rather than his usual cloak, a long green cost fell over his shoulders. As his rapier appeared onto his waist as well, the man let out a sharp whistle, sunmoning Adere to his shoulder. Now ready to go, Jomei followed the path Ruby had taken until he met her outside of his house, making sure to lock the door this time. “Alright, lead the way.”

Ruby had overheard from the back saying that he had said that it doesn't make any form of sense at all, she had chuckled and said "You know from when I said that me and Jevi did do some activity? I could see you thinking about it in your head, maybe im gonna have to tell Tellybaby about it." she had chuckled. He had said that he needed to switch gear, she had waved a hand and said out to him "Yeah yeah, i'll wait for ya. Take your time." she had stepped outside and waited for him, after a bit he had stepped outside looking formal he had asked her to lead the way. She had nodded and began to move forward, and out of the safe zone, however out of luck, a Bomb like monster had approached them. Ruby had smiled a bit noticing that it was rather cute and decided to feed it, the Bomb had ate the foot and looked back to Ruby and smiled, his orange cursor had turned green and a HP bar had been noticeable before faded.

@Jomei

-----

ID: 93805 - LD: 20+7=27 - Familiar Acquired!

Once outside of his shop, and the door locked behind him, Jomei turned to Ruby, telling her to lead the way. Together, the two made their way through the town's closest gates, which were only just down the road to the East, visible from where they currently stood. The whole walk, Jomei wondered just what kind of familiar would suit Ruby the most. At first he thought of regular animals.. some kind of fancy looking cat might go well with the fashionista side.. or maybe some kind of rabbit. Next he broadened his thoughts to more fantasy themed creatures.. but nothing came to mind. Did she even have any ideas for what she wanted to tame in mind? Or was she going into this quest blind. The moment the two had stepped out of the safe zone, they were met with a floating fire-ball like creature. Jomei's hand slowly reached for his rapier, before Ruby pulled out a bit of food and walked over to the bomb. You don't want to try and tame every monster you-- Jomei's thought was interrupted when he saw the bomb creature gobble up the food, its cursor turning green. His wide eyes blinked in surprise that she had literally managed to tame the first monster the group had come across. "Well... that was... unexpectedly easy.." 

@Ruby

Ruby's eyes had widened as the monster she had just offered food to, had just accepted the food and became her familiar. A menu had popped up in front of her, and it was to name her new familiar. However her happiness had turned to basically sweating as she had didn't now what to name this little guy. She had looked back to Jomei which he had his eyes widened as well and said that was unexpectedly easy, she had smiled and said out to him "Ah come on admit it. I am sexy enough that even monsters want to be with me." she had shook her head with a giggle and looked down to the name selection screen. She didn't really think this far, she didn't even think that she would get a familiar by the end of the day. She had looked up to her familiar which had blinked with a smile, and she had looked back down and named it "Purobolos" because of its natural explosive nature. Pressing enter, she had looked up to her familiar and placed a hand on her familiar, her hand slightly sinking into it.. however not fully. As if it was... a solid gas?

@Jomei

Jomei chuckled before walking up to stand beside Ruby and meet her new familiar, "Don't flatter yourself." The man crossed his arms and looked down at the floating creature, which almost seemed to not be a completely solid being. Jomei blinked in surprise, never seeing a beast like this before in this world.. even after living on the same floor for a couple of months now. However, he would not be surprised if new monsters were coming in, filling in the spaces where old mobs were slain. The man looked over Ruby's shoulder as she struggled to name the creature, eventually settling on Purobolos. "Thats an interesting name." Jomei said, placing a hand on his chin. As ruby went to pet her new companion, her hand seemed to go through his head, yet not fully. Jomei let out a concerned and confused hum before chuckling and looking up to Adere on his shoulder, whos head was cocked to the side in just as confused of a manner. 

Ruby had said out to him with his response to not flatter herself "Bitch please, I am sexy and you and me both know it. You are just jealous you can't have a piece of this ass." she had said out. She had blinked for a few moments then eventually named her familiar "Purobolos" and then tried to give him pets, however it was weird his body kind of was like... a water balloon. However he was a cutie, and was interested on what this familiar could do. Jomei had looked over to see what she had named him, and he had said out that it was a interesting name placing a hand on his chin. Purobolos had looked over to Jomei in which had a angered expression, Purobolos had loved his name because Ruby had given it to him, and he's never had a name before, and being told it was only interesting to him only had angered him. He had let out a small grumble growl looking towards Jomei just waiting for him to say more disrespectful things to him.

@Jomei

After coming back at Jomei with another comment, the man chuckled and playfully nudged Ruby with his elbow. "Oh stop." he said with a laugh. Though the woman really drove him crazy sometimes, he was happy to have her around.. His friendship with Ruby almost reminded him a bit of his friendship with Piera... if Piera was a lot sassier, liked to flirt, and had more of an attitude. Point being, there were times when Jomei cared for Ruby as he would have a sister.. and it made him happy that he had someone like her he could truly rely on. Olive eyes went back to Purobolos after Jomei had commented on the name. Apparently, it seemed to know exactly what Jomei had said.. and took offense to it. "W-Wha?" Jomei said, placing his palms up and taking a step back, the familiar's angry eyes staring him down, growling. "I-Its a compliment! I love the name. Very fitting for such an awesome guy." Jomei said with a chuckle, trying to diffuse the situation.. which happened to be a creature that could explode like a bomb if pushed to that point.