[OP-F1] Training (Complete)

Kane nodded. Grim's strategy was sound, and it mirrored what he had intended to do anyway. Moving forward a bit so his sword swings wouldn't hit his allies, Kane engaged the charging Gillmen, whose frog-like faces scrunched in anger as they thrust their spears at him.

-----------------------------------

Rolled a 9

CRITICAL

-----------------------------------

Kane decapitated both Gillmen with a single swing. He felt like this was too easy, but then he remembered that these were first floor monsters, and it really struck him how much he'd grown in strength.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how Ichiro took down both the Boars, Grim then turns his attention to the Gillmen. Only to see their head start flying into the air, Grim dashes to Kane, but keeping an eye on the surroundings and Ichiro. "Wow great job Kane, you to Ichiro, hmm... even though there floor one monsters, there seems to be an adnormal amount in this area." "First a group of Boars, then a Lone Boar when I got here, and then a Lone Dire Wolf, and then Gillmen." It might have been his amagination, but this wasn't a common thing in MMORG's that he saw, most of the time monsters stayed in ther own areas and most of the time never intergrated into another ones area, this was still new to him.

Kane grimaced, realizing what was happening. "I... I think it might be me." he looked over at Daeron, who was apparently minding his own business a long way off. "My level, it's high enough that it's attracting more monsters to challenge me. I'm attracting these things!" Shaking his head, Kane watched as the Gillmen warily moved forward. "We can try and finish them all off, or I can leave and draw them away from you."

"I'm kind new to SAO but this does seem strange for a MMORPGs first area. Has this ever happed before? Is this an event or something?" Ichiro asked curiously. Ichiro neared the group as a pack of 3 Dire wolves began to approach from behind him. Ichiro heard the footfalls and quickly turned around in time to block one of the wolves attacks with his shield. Ichiro readied his shield nervously as he faced the three Dire Wolves. Ichiro rushed at one of them sword read. Ichiro swung his blade but the Dire Wolf seemed to expect the attack and dogged it.

Ichiro 5/7

Dire Wolf 4/4

Dire Wolf 4/4

Dire Wolf 4/4

"But if you do that, you'll be outnumbered, I can't let a friend go and die like that." "But im not high enough to take all them on either, try to get them away from us, I'll make sure none follow us, if they do... i'll... i'll try to fight it off to give the others time to escape." Then it hit Grim, maybe Daeron is the one attracting them, he had high level equipment. He must be the one doing this. From the icon above his head he was a Pker, was this his way of killing others lower than him, letting monsters that are attracted to him kill lower players. What ever is going on, Grim had to make a decsion soom, or they all would be killed.

Grim then saw a group of three Dire Wolfs come from behind, "Crap!?!, were outnumbered here, we need to retreat and thin out their ranks, if we can get some distance... then... maybe we can pick them off one by one." "Kane you get them Gillmen the hell away from here, me and Ichiro will take care of these bastards." "Go!!"

Kane stepped forward again, sweeping his blade to and fro to ward off the new wolf pack. "I don't know what's going on for sure, but you guys should retreat for now. I'll be fine, I have a high enough level of Battle Healing to survive the mobs." Making his decision, Kane dashed forward into the midst of the wolves, and activated his Battle Healing. It would restore 5 HP per turn, and the wolves could only do one damage per strike. This, coupled with his armor, would let him tank their blows while his allies either retreated, or finished the beasts off. "I'm fine, this is nothing!"

"... you sure?" "GAHH, retreat for now, Ichiro run, we need you out of here, your health is lower than mine." Grim readies himself to, run. Noticing the Gillmen closing in. "Watch your six Kane, you've got company." "I'll get thes guys out of here, you hold tight, I'll see if I can come back to help you." Grim signalled Ichiro to run and the rest of the party to do so as well. Grim dashes over to the Dire Wolf pack. "Im not letting anyone die here today, I'll help you distract them while the others run,"

Ichiro rushed next to grim and prepared his shield as another Dire Wolf readied itself to attacked. "I'll keep fighting until either all of us get away or I die" Ichiro spoke as the wolf charged at him. Ichiro tried to block the Dire Wolf's strike but as before it changed its trajectory at the last instant and bit him.

Ichiro 4/7

Dire Wolf 4/4

Kane realized that Ichiro's bravery was great, but he felt guilty for being the catalyst for this problem. Turning, he arced his sword up and around, aiming at the wolf pack!

-------------

(6+1=7) HIT

-------------

His strike took oen wolf's HP down to zero, as his massive blade did 5 damage each strike. "Then let's end this quickly! Don't die on us, ok?"

Surprise to see Ichiro's bravery, or stupidity, Grim readies for the wolfs attack. As the wolf comes into range, Grim steps to his right, knocking the wolf down with his foot, making the wolf lose balance. "Now!!" "Strike it while it's down Ichiro!!" Grim then deals two strikes to the head, a vertical, amd horizontal, making a cross within the air.

Grim:7/7

Dire Wolf:0/4

{Critical, Battle Dice:8,the wolf goes down in one hit.}

"Grim,Kane, if you see an opening to escape, take it and I'll follow after," Ichiro spoke. Ichiro was not sure weither or not he was going to make it but was determined to see that everyone else got away safely. Ichiro readied himself and launched himself after the Dire Wolf blade extended. Ichiro's attack connected and the blade sliced through the Wolf's left eye.

Ichiro: 4/7

Dire Wolf: 3/4

Grim notices that the Gillmen are keeping their distances, "What... the hell... why are they not moving to attack us, were wide open to an attack." "There something not right here," As Grim readies to attack again, but is hit by the other Dire Wolf, "Damnit!!!". Grim lunges back, and pushes foward lunging the blade into the other unharmed wolfs head, jumping over it carring the blade along the beasts whole body.

Grim:6/7

Dire Wolf:(depending on dice roll)

The wolf seemed outraged that it had been hit. Ichiro's eyes scanned the are. "Kane, if we can take down these wolves. and you can get around the other creatures, there should be a clear rout of escape," Ichiro yelled. As he said this the Dire Wolf lunged at him. Ichiro tried to raise his shield, but the wolf used Ichiro's shield to vault himself at Ichiro and slice into him with its claws.

Ichiro 3/7

Dire Wolf 3/4

Kane grit his teeth, determined not to see these Players die. Making a run for it, he dashed out again into the open, seeing what would happen if he changed location. Like clockwork, all of the monsters that weren't currently fighting the pair turned. It was like they could sense him. They followed him as he ran, forming a line behind him to attack. Kane called over his shoulder, "I'll be fine! Go now, while they're distracted! Finish off the ones you're dealing with now, then get out of here!"

"Do you at least have a teleportation crystal to get you out of here if we run?" Ichiro yelled out in question. Ichiro once again readied his shield and sword and rushed towards the wolf. Instead of attacking as normal he attempted to vault himself into the air using a nearby rock, and swung down his blade towards the wolf. Not only did the attack connect but the added momentum from falling allowed a critical strike.

Ichiro: 3/7

Dire Wolf 1/4

Grim knew he didm't have one, but still he fought knowing not having one ment he'd die in the field he never thought about this before hand. Grim then stands firm toward the last living wolf in his sight, he begins is attack, he dashes toward to wolf, grabs it my the tail and throws it toward Ichiro's attack coming down. The lands a hit on Grim before goinn into the air, and as he simultainiously threw the wolf up he jumps and attacks as well.

Grim:5/7

Wolf:(depending on dice roll)